Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

bollywood/india obsessed by white fixation ??

truthspeaks10 Newbie
truthspeaks10
truthspeaks10

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:51pm | IP Logged

i happened to go through the topic concerning "bollywood back up " dancers  in the wee hours of morning ..

it was certainly a food for my thought , the bitter truth  is INDIA has brainwashed people since time immemorial to make "beauty and white color" synonymous .

its not a hidden fact , that girls with  dark skin are pretty much ostracised by indian men ( in general) . . men are not the only one to blame, the same goes for women ..

without wearing a mask on your face , do you guys personally think that racism on the basis of color is still wildly prevalent in india ???

i am convinced beyond doubt that most of the hatred which is showered on the " imported actresses" by the girls in the forum has much to do with this..

Edited by truthspeaks10 - 07 September 2012 at 11:51pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

MysticAurayouknowmeRekha_jiKya.Bolta.TubambogliDulceTentacion.Miss.ColorfullTerenainaSilentSilverStarktastic

BlackStar. IF-Sizzlerz
BlackStar.
BlackStar.

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Yess.. Yess.. Yess

People dislike the white girls and people dislike the dark skinned girls..
Most of the comments on Pinkvilla are pukeworthy to say the least.. I know people don't like PC, but the commets against her skin girl are absolutely disgusting.. Instead of concentrating on her acting people are more obsessed with her being dark..
Even comments against Bipasha can be very rude..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

HaHaHeHe-Huppbambogliruky786

BlackStar. IF-Sizzlerz
BlackStar.
BlackStar.

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:12am | IP Logged
And woman can only be blamed partially for it..
Everyone face's insecurity..

When people come to take a Rishta for you what do they ask for? Ji humme gori chitti ladki chahiye..

Umm..?

All the white one's are chosen first.. Then they might move on to see a dark one..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-koiza-Kai.DulceTentacion.bambogli

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BlackStar.

Yess.. Yess.. Yess

People dislike the white girls and people dislike the dark skinned girls..
Most of the comments on Pinkvilla are pukeworthy to say the least.. I know people don't like PC, but the commets against her skin girl are absolutely disgusting.. Instead of concentrating on her acting people are more obsessed with her being dark..
Even comments against Bipasha can be very rude..

Do those idiots not realize that how many white skinned, blue eyed and blond girls...Priyanka beat to become Ms world...?

Seriously I don't find anything wrong if someoen likes fair skin more...or uses creams to make them fairer...its just a matter of choice...what bothers me when people put down a particular colored skin..whether its fair or dark...Ouch

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

MysticAuraLemony-Nakshatra-bambogliDulceTentacion.Chippeshwini-koiza-Kai._Sano_Terenainaruky786SilentSilverStarktasticTheRager

-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:40am | IP Logged

As much as we are progressing, some things NEVER change, alas!

Guy should be RICH

and

Girl should be FAIR

remains the basic criteria of marriage atleast in india and pakistan for sure. Sad indeed!

WORSE: guy's mom who herself might be a dark skinned woman would be all out looking for a fair looking girl. That's the problem, when she herself is not proud of her skin, how can any one else be. 

Edited by koiza.k - 08 September 2012 at 12:41am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Lemony-Nakshatra-bambogliDulceTentacion.Kai.HaHaHeHe-HuppStarktasticblue-ice.TheRager

truthspeaks10 Newbie
truthspeaks10
truthspeaks10

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BlackStar.

And woman can only be blamed partially for it..
Everyone face's insecurity..

When people come to take a Rishta for you what do they ask for? Ji humme gori chitti ladki chahiye..

Umm..?

All the white one's are chosen first.. Then they might move on to see a dark one..

would not even bat an eyelin before agreeing with you ... if i walk down the memory lanes of my life, one of the most enlightening conversation which comes to my mind was with my classmate after class 12 ..

she wanted to pursure her education in 'america " even though it would have been a cakewalk for her to get into prestigous insitutions like lady shriram college (she scored  very good marks in board exams )..

when i asked her why ???..

she told me " indian men are the most racist people in the world, living here totally chokes my self worth "..

5 years down the line, when we met in india... i asked her about her experience in u.s.a , taking into account what she said 5 years ago..

her answer was an eyeopener for me , she said "  she felt far more accepted in the western country "..

i was personally taken aback when i first saw her , there was a swagger in her walk, glowing with self belief and beauty ..
someone has rightly said " beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder "..

i cant help but cringe when the "fairt and lovely" advertisement comes on the tv ...

one of adds even subtly showed a girl getting rejected for marraige since she was dark skinned, but once she started to use " fair and lovely" , her fortunes changed .. W*F ???

honest to god, i have a newfound hatred for shahrukh khan ever since he started promoting
fairness cream on tv...

in contrast to shahrukh , i have deep admiration for akshay for REFUSING  fairness cream add, he said " i will never do that in my life do to obvious reasons..  "..

nothing wrong with having personal choice, but for the love of god, dont generalize your opinion and make it a biblical truth ...

its high time india emancipates itself from this mental slavery ...

but i believe the media has manipulated people into bel

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

youknowmebambogli

truthspeaks10 Newbie
truthspeaks10
truthspeaks10

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koiza.k

Guy should be RICH

and

Girl should be FAIR

remains the basic criteria of marriage atleast in india and pakistan for sure. Sad indeed!

WORSE: guy's mom who herself might be a dark skinned woman would be all out looking for a fair looking girl. That's the problem, when she herself is not proud of her skin, how can any one else be. 

i believe ,these beliefs  are unknowingly instilled in the mind of a child during their formative years..

who are the ones to blame ???..

to a large extent , i have seen these kind of comments which shake the self belief of a child are due to words uttered by parents or relatives who are suppose to be their guardian ...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by truthspeaks10

Originally posted by koiza.k

Guy should be RICH

and

Girl should be FAIR

i believe ,these beliefs  are unknowingly instilled in the mind of a child during their formative years..

who are the ones to blame ???..

to a large extent , i have seen these kind of comments which shake the self belief of a child are due to words uttered by parents or relatives who are suppose to be their guardian ...

I do not care about the stupid beliefs of people...I know that I have not given the permission to anyone to insult me...people will insult you if u let them insult you...unless u urselves feel inferior about ur skinn color...no one has the power to make u feel inferior.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MysticAuraDulceTentacion.-koiza-Starktastic

Go to top