All the KHANS LOVE me- Rani Mukherji

PigBenis IF-Dazzler
PigBenis
PigBenis

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 10:45pm | IP Logged

All the Khans love me, says Rani Mukerji

Prachi Kadam, Mumbai Mirror | Sep 8, 2012, 09.43AM IST

Rani Mukerji
With a clutch of heroine dominated films releasing back to back, one would expect Rani Mukerji to be a tad nervous about her own entrant - Aiyyaa - which will see her return to the screen after a gap of one and half years. But when TOI caught up with her at a suburban five-star, Rani seemed characteristically buoyant, even suggesting that we sit by the poolside, because it was "romantic." 

Aiyyaa hits theatres on October 12 after which,Talaash, co-starring Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor releases on November 30. And the petite actress says she is happy playing two very different and interesting characters. 

In the Anurag Kashyap written film, directed by Sachin Kundalkar, Rani plays Meenakshi, a spunky Maharashtrian girl who is ready to get married at her family's bidding but dreams about a fantasy world all her own. In Talaash, she plays a gritty, fiercely guarded character, where we'll see her "smile only once." And while she admits she did not expect Talaash to get so delayed, she tells us why she took up Aiyyaa: "I hadn't played a Maharashtrian earlier. Moreover, the role of Meenakshi was superbly exciting as she is mad and passionate, somewhat like me (laughs). The script was so refreshing that I just gave my go ahead." Rani goes to admit that even though she admires Anurag's work, she could never see herself being a part of his 'niche cinema.' In fact, when Anurag Kashyap narrated the story to her, Rani had quipped, "I won't come into your (dark) zone. This time, you have to come into mine (popular cinema)." The actor was so convinced about her role that she immediately green lighted Sachin Kundalkar, the two-time National Award winning filmmaker, who makes his Hindi debut with this film. "Sachin was the right person to do justice to this film. He knew the finer nuances and helped me better myself as Meenakshi," Rani says. 

Aiyyaa comes at a time when when most of her peers and the younger actors are vying to work with the Khan trinity and be a part of the Rs 100-crore club. But Rani seems unfazed by it all, and insists she enjoys wonderful rapport with all the Khans. "I have no issues with any of them. In fact, both Shah Rukh and Aamir have taught me a lot. Shah Rukh has always been very supportive as a co-star and that helps you to do better. Aamir has been very much like a teacher to me in my career. In the initial years when I had joined the industry, he literally held my hand and taught me the ropes of acting. And even when I worked with him in Talaash, I still felt I've so much to learn from him and I am still a student. Salman is a good friend too. Because of all this, the bond I share with them is very different from that with the others. And I know all the Khans love me!" with a flash of her famous pearlies. 

Rani says she wants to be eclectic in her choice of projects. And in a veiled message to the younger lot now hot at her heels, she says, "The one person whom I would like to be is Meryl Streep. Even at her age, she sits alongside the younger heroines at the Oscars with her name in the nominee list, and others around her wonder whether they still stand a chance." 

Hope the Parineetis and the Deepikas are reading this.

Edited by PigBenis - 07 September 2012 at 10:44pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

canuck-umzbambogliHotMess

-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
Rani is one of the very few who doesn't need the khans love as she is a better actor than all of them baring Aamir i guess. She is a true star, her performances will be remembered for a long time. Hope aaiya works, she looks awesome in it!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

Starktastic IF-Stunnerz
Starktastic
Starktastic

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
I read the director's name as Sachin Tendulkar and my eyeballs almost popped out LOL

She sounds more like she wants to be like Vidya Balan more than Meryl Streep. Rani's a good actress no doubt but I never liked her 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

PigBenis IF-Dazzler
PigBenis
PigBenis

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Im glad shes making her comeback with a film like Aiyya. Her acting,screen presence looks tremendous in it and she's gonna give competition to everyone else this year! Hope the movie works for her..

On the other hand I don't want her to work with any of the Khans yet just for the sake of friendship... She should concentrate more on women centric films!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-koiza-HotMess

Enycedoll IF-Rockerz
Enycedoll
Enycedoll

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Its amazing that she still has a very close relationship with Amir. I think im jealous, even though i love SRK more. 
wat_up IF-Stunnerz
wat_up
wat_up

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NaDzGirl

I read the director's name as Sachin Tendulkar and my eyeballs almost popped out LOL

She sounds more like she wants to be like Vidya Balan more than Meryl Streep. Rani's a good actress no doubt but I never liked her 

Wow we have that in common lol.Ya i wasnt into her much either I think her husky voice annoyed me.Though I did like her pairing with AB jr otherwise didnt care much on her 

Edited by wat_up - 07 September 2012 at 11:04pm
briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
lmaof @ the title.
wohaa...no vultures around.
my poor bebo.

canuck-umz IF-Rockerz
canuck-umz
canuck-umz

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Aww I love her (just don't appreciate her being with AC and all). She deserves to stick around for a very long time and her performances will always be remembered. She seems to have become uninhibited over time, like more playful unlike earlier on. I remember during DBH promotions she was quite lively, joking around a lot, and just generally happy. 
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top