Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Deciphering Him -7th Sep 2012- META (Page 2)

Foucaults-qalam Goldie
Foucaults-qalam
Foucaults-qalam

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 7:16am | IP Logged
I had written such a long reply to this last night, but then the utterly stupid comment limit ate my post. Seething. With. Rage

To me the issue here is that like most of us  in this world, RK does not know himself or his true desires. He is not a resolved being, however much he parades his certainties in the form of bombastic dialogue. And , of course, as most of us who are not deluded or have an IQ over 40 know, this uncertainty and quest for self is the default human condition. 

Madhubala is the most resolved character in the MBverse. Her refined certainties are a positional and ideological Other that RK rages against, both mentally and physically.

But he has made his performances his self, and he is nothing but infinite  layers of illusions created for the studios, for the media, for his family, and even for himself. One of these illusions, the one for his mother, forbids him from ever revealing his true feelings in front of her.

therefore, in my reading, we cannot take the most obvious meaning from his reference to mb as that girl in front of Sitara studios.

I look forward to the unravelling of that mystery. I have an inkling it is tied to Kukku cheating Mohan Kundra out of the studio or some such thing.

Great beginning, meta betas!

Edited by Foucaults-qalam - 08 September 2012 at 7:16am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Sima14prema_ks0-SD-0

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Thank you FQ

Here we begin the discussion. Agree with your thoughts.

To delve a little on "that girl" factor as it has come up in the screenplay, as I got stuck with this LOL

Madhubala is that girl to Rishabh Kundra in his most sanest personality although frozen in time.

Madhubala was a Madhubala Ahaan to Superstar RK - the most unreal personality, the actor at all times.

MB hurt the superstar's ego and he made her his adversary and the vendetta started on to show who is the master, the god in RK world.

MB hurt the little boy trapped in time and like a boy, he was crying and only requested his mother not to expose him and his self-respect before that girl. That girl here seemed as something that RK wouldn't want to be associated with.
RK would not anyone to be close to him so much so that it may have consequences upon his frozen memories. His problem is he doesn't want any dilutions happening and he starts judging consequences in a very morbid fashion...like calling it murder. This is where I felt that the boy though thinking morbidly about having been murdered, yet had not given weightage to the individuality of MB by addressing her as Madhubala and just made everything impersonal about Madhubala and called her "that girl" 
Or maybe its the worse form of disgust when we call a person whom we know as "that nameless thing or form". Here this is my personal experience. I have felt it very distasteful and disgusting to call out the name for a person that had deeply hurt me and disappointed me.

I am saving my curiosity for the future on the context of "self-respect" used here as I am perturbed and intrigued how revelations will undermine his self-respect ?

Edited by shridevigaddam - 08 September 2012 at 8:08am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

prema_ksFoucaults-qalam

Foucaults-qalam Goldie
Foucaults-qalam
Foucaults-qalam

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shridevigaddam

Thank you FQ

Madhubala is that girl to Rishabh Kundra in his most sanest personality although frozen in time.

Madhubala was a Madhubala Ahaan to Superstar RK - the most unreal personality, the actor at all times.

I've edited your post to highlight the salient features I will address. All of it was very insightful, of course.

I think these two lines perfectly summarise the situation.
Please will you let me know about what you  mean by sel-respect in your post?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

0-SD-0

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Foucaults-qalam

Thank you FQ

I've edited your post to highlight the salient features I will address. All of it was very insightful, of course.

Please will you let me know about what you  mean by self-respect in your post?

FQ, 
Rishabh said to his mom, "apne kartavya mein saas banne ke point kamaane mein, aap Mujhe Aur Mere Atma-Samman ko Us Ladki ke saamene aur mat giraiye".

Atma-Samman means Self-Respect. And I am seriously clueless why he would bring up those two words in that context. I will wait and watch to know what it means.
Foucaults-qalam Goldie
Foucaults-qalam
Foucaults-qalam

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:33am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Foucaults-qalam

Thank you FQ

Please will you let me know about what you  mean by self-respect in your post?

FQ, 
Rishabh said to his mom, "apne kartavya mein saas banne ke point kamaane mein, aap Mujhe Aur Mere Atma-Samman ko Us Ladki ke saamene aur mat giraiye".

Atma-Samman means Self-Respect. And I am seriously clueless why he would bring up those two words in that context. I will wait and watch to know what it means.

I've just been assuming he wanted to say pride but could not find the right word. Nor could the writer. Or in his mind, self-respect is conflated with pride. Hmm.

0-SD-0

kirti_fiji IF-Stunnerz
kirti_fiji
kirti_fiji

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:17am | IP Logged
nice i will start my comments when i start watching, at present i am reading updates, 

i loved your analysis

0-SD-0

annie.doll Goldie
annie.doll
annie.doll

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 8:34am | IP Logged
awesome analysis

0-SD-0

Kangto09 Groupbie
Kangto09
Kangto09

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Great Analysis. Yeah, I was surprised at first he called Madhubala that girl. I saw that moment as him lashing out at  all the women in his life. For RK, its Dad>World.  He feels betrayed by both his mom and now his wife. There is great resentment towards females in his life in general. Its the way he treats paddy, Trishna and Roma also. He is especially poisonous towards them. He knows just where to stab them. Although he hates his stepdad, the choice of words do not have that greater effect on them. I think he can see that. I wonder how his deep resentment will change, He definitely needs to make peace with his past and stop blaming his mom for it before he can even start falling in love with Madhubala. A lot of people think his passion will translate to love. I dunno, that leads to even a more abusive and distasteful situation. I love the character though, he is like an onion, full of layers.Big smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

prema_ksamrithas0-SD-0Maria-capri

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index