What have they done to KHUSHI lately

Posted: 11 years ago

Up to the beginning of this week I was besotted with everything that was IPK - I did not see anything wrong what so ever in anything BUT as the week wore on - I hated myself. Yes hated myself & the reason why is because I started to see flaws all of a sudden.

The cracks started to appear in this- the best drama ever on Indian TV. Do you know though it was not Anjali because she has always been weak & it stands to character in the script that everyone would rally around her & wrap her in cotton wool. She is shown as child-like & so needs protecting at all costs.. Shyam for all that he is a hated character you have to admit passes off admirably. There is a strange fascination to his cruelty & negativity not that I am applauding his actions. What a complex conniving manipulative person. You kind of love to hate him!!

Dadi too is a horrible old woman but again the makers have redeemed themselves with her portrayal & in a way she keeps the balance in between the goodness & the badness in the story line - she is the link - the time bomb just waiting to explode. When you ignite her the revelations will destroy all that the debris reaches. The others are as they are peripheral except the fact that NK brings such a light pleasant relief to many a situation.

What really really grieves me is what they have reduced Khushi to- they have made her insipid & one dimensional. All throughout some dynamic scenes she seemed very shallow & when she interacted with Arnav she said the most inapt mundane things. What have you done to her? I am mourning the khushi that i loved. The confrontational girl that stood up to the might of a fierce warrior in the likes of ASR - that stood in a westernized environment ruled by his girlfriend & her team- that walked into an upper class household to teach that very same person the merits of being a traditional girl. This is the person that had cheek, that made us laugh with all her antics as she played jokes on all around her that sprouted best practices at every chance. This is the person that won over her contract husband whose wiles & personality won a lot of hearts.

What we have now is a person that has this one emotion on her face as time & time again all she says to Arnav is " You have to support your sister as she needs you more than ever" OR " You have to eat as she needs you more than ever".

Sanaya is an absolutely amazing actress & so much more scope could be given to her. When you think back on all the different situations that she was faced with & the aplomb with which she handled everything. Now she leaves you flat & you do not empathize with her character what so ever. It really saddens me- honestly does. I do not have any gripe what so ever with the storyline or the fact that Anjali has so much stage time because all that is need for the up-coming track. I just think that better things could have been done with Khushi. They had the ideal opportunity to take this situation & explore the care that she had for the well-being of Arnav. Instead they made her say the same thing over & over.

Finally ASR aka Arnav - portrayal of the angry grandson was a stupendous performance & he did that fantastically well. Come hell or high water - he is adamant that he will not let Shyam back into RM & I loved the way that he did not keel under the pressure exerted by Di & Dadi. The best speech & dialogue has to be when he said to his evil granny- " Why did you leave the ashram - why did you not just stay there" or words to that effect.

The only fault with him was his over the top over protectiveness of his sister. He has always said I believe that there are 2 important people for him - his sister & his biwi. So when his sister got hurt he was beside himself with grief & remorse as it brought back to him exactly what a crude & cheating man his jijaji was. His pain was enacted really well & he really hurt. What happened after the kidnap & the realization of the truth where his mistrust of Khushi was concerned. Where was the redemption there.(Sorry to dredge up the past again). he could also have been shown to have the same pain & remorese then as well.

The CVs lost out on some really good Arshi moments here. I feel that the time when they were by themselves could have been really manipulated towards our favors. After all that is the main reason that the fans view the show. I think that Khushi could have been "used" & taken advantage of to demonstrate their deep love for each other. One example that i had in my mind is where she would say to him...

" Arnavji- are you OK - you look really tired - did you get any sleep last night"

" No - Khushi I had to go in & see that Di was alright in the night"

" Look she has a lot of care now plus I am here. Do not worry she will get better. Arnavji - I am worried about you."

At this point she takes his hand & pulls him up from the sofa & walks besides him

." Khushi what are you...where are we going..."

" Follow me"

" Khushi I have to go to the office & I have some important meetins..."

" Arnavji- please just come with me..."

She takes him to his bedroom & seats him on the bed & proceeds to take off his shoes & then asks him to lay back on the bed.

" Khushi what do you think that you are doing,,,,,,"

" Arvavji... please for me just an hour...I am really worried about you..."

She then hold his shoulders & pushes him down on the bed. She then proceeds to close the curtains in the room.

" Khushi" " Kya..." " Ider aah, mere paas beth"

She sits besides him on the bed & he then intertwines his fingers with hers. She then leans over him & takes her other hand & strokes her hand over his face over his eyes & asks him to close his eyes. She then gently strokes his hair off his forehead & gently weaves her fingers through his hair. "Close your eyes" " Khushi please don't go please sit beside me..." " I am here for you Arnavji- I will always be here for you" She sees him slowly fall asleep & she sits beside him with a soft smile on her face. " Devi Maiyaa sub ki rakshaa karna"

(Sorry about the hindi!!) But this is the type of scene that they are capable of & that is what i meant when i referred to the fact that perfect opportunities are missed to bring us even closer to this couple.

They used to have the above you know all the time so what happened? When the vase broke - that was a beautiful moment afterwards but it would have been nice if after Arnav had said " Khushi you are always there picking up the pieces after me. What would I do without you. You don't know - what you mean to me. How I survive without you - I don't know..." It was almost like the prophecy the lest said the better. What should be the ulterior motive here is to USE these 2 characters to their fullest. This is not happening at all... Let's hope we get our Khushi back the way she was PLEASE !!!

What do you think? Please comment &/or like? I for one am really upset because I hate to see Khushi "wasted" she is so much more than this 😭 

Sorry some of these photos are old but used from FB & purely to help me tell the story. Love the last two😳😉
ADDED LATER
 I remember on the many occassions when she said to Shyam " Main tumse nafrat karti hoon" - & she knows that he went to all those lengths to get the property off of ASR & then tried to cheat on his wife with her & then tried to kill her hubby. HOW MUCH WILL EVERYONE DO FOR DI - that is the reason that the next track apparently is the fact that she brings him back to meet Di. How do the CVs justify that - for goodness sakes!!! Arnav is so right therefore to stick to his guns. After all that pressure he is adamant that he will not allow Shyam back into the house. At least he has not sucumbed to his Di's childish rants of hunger & medicine refusal. So question is what will be his reaction when he forbade everyone not to allow him back into the house & he discovers that it was Khushi that opened the gate & let the snake slide back in - hisss!!!!!
Edited by VasantiLad - 11 years ago
First! Lol

But I totally agree with you!

I want Our Khushi back! 😔

Thanks for PM
Agree completely...Now the Creatives or whatever   are hell-bent on ruining the show!!😡
Originally posted by sampin

Agree completely...Now the Creatives or whatever   are hell-bent on ruining the show!!😡
SHOULD we start a petition do you think - PLEASE RETURN OUR ORIGINAL KHUSHI!!
They need to stop reducing Khushi to this "One dimensional" PROP! They have done it to EVERYONE else in the house!

How much POOJALI drama will we have to put up with?? FED UP AND SICK!
Originally posted by Arina_R

First! Lol

But I totally agree with you!

I want Our Khushi back! 😔

Thanks for PM
😭😭 Looking back at old EPI,s when she was at GH for example - they have just totally wiped her out!!!
Originally posted by MrDarcyfan

They need to stop reducing Khushi to this "One dimensional" PROP! They have done it to EVERYONE else in the house!

They have ruined every character..Not only Khushi...There was so much to be explored in their relationship..but sadly the story does not revolve round them anymore!!
Originally posted by MrDarcyfan

Agree Sanaya is brilliant at emoting & when given the scope she makes her audience cry with her & laugh with her & share all the other emotions so why did they KILL that- ridiculous. See it does not matter that they keep featuring DI in some heavy drama as I believe there is a method in that madness- all will be revealed VERY SOON. But then all this is balanced by the quality scenes with our Arshi. Recently the director & writer of IPK have changed & boy do you notice it!!

Totally agree with u vasanti. The creatives are ruining the show. Espceially since they are showing khushi make the same mistake again. It is the same khushi who finally decided to expose shyam when it was arnav whom shyam harned and tried to kill. It is the same kushi who repeatedly gave chances to shyam thinking he will change. And the same khushi who has seen what drama shyam is capable of.

Yet cvs showing that khushi thinks shyam has changed is absloutely unacceptable. Show anything to get shyam in, but pl dont make khushi persudae Arnav. This was request of most fans to cvs 

But cvs are on their own trip.

Hell bent on ruining the show.

The more they keep showing those fake love scenes between anjali & shyam, the more viewers will go off air. It is impossible to tolerate all those lovey dovey scenes between the snake and the dumbo.

If the cvs drag this, the show will certainly be ruined.
The show tasted such stupendous success in the first year, beacuse we had superb story line and superb performances.
the spunk of khushi and the dashing asr won all hearts.

Even now the marriage track was a perfect opportunity to gain back trps if handled right.
They could have let us have the festivities and then brought in the drama.
As it is all this drama has not increased the trps.
Loved the post..
I'm done ranting for the day.. I'm just so sick and fed up with the way they have butchered Khushi's character.. I wish I had something to say.. but I'm tired! Honestly, sick and tired of complaining.. sigh! no one's listening.. unfortunately ðŸ˜­ The CVs dont care.. if they did.. they would have stopped showing this Boohoo baby drama that this has become..  

I say Sarun should walk out too.. then we can happily quit the show! ðŸ˜¡