India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Who is killing the show? (Page 17)

saya312 Senior Member
saya312
saya312

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
Very well-written post ClapI visit IF occasionally but when I saw this post, I just had to comment.

The negative comments are definitely not killing the show. The cvs are managing this very well on their own. I agree we can't have the focus on the leads the whole time, but why didn't they develop interesting parallel tracks? what stopped them? lack of creativity? just borrow ideas from other soaps
Smile

I've only recently started watching Indian soaps but I've seen my mom and aunts watch soaps and discuss them. When they see women struggle on tv, they empathize with them. They support these characters, follow their achievements, cheer them on. A pregnancy track in this serial could have evoked a lot of sympathy!! They should have shown a compassionate, pregnant Anjali..a woman broken by her husband's deceit, but one who is determined to weather this storm for her unborn child...the trp aunties would have lapped it up. Instead we have the hero and the entire household mollycoddling Anjali!! Fine, let's accept that Anjali is weak, clingy, manipulative etc etc...but for a stronger Anjali to emerge, her support system has to go...she has been deceiving Arnav and a sibling rift is imperative!!! instead we are going to see Khushi bringing Shyam in and basically covering up for Anjali...totally puke-worthy turn of events!!!!

I definitely don't want to see a wedding at this stage. Let the past come out, let Khushi walk out, let Khushi be away from the RM inhabitants for a while, let Arnavji first sort out his sister's marriage, her brain, her life etc..and let me dream on *sigh*

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LadyLaLa

diya33 Senior Member
diya33
diya33

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
the one and only , the world's best actress "DALJEET" already killed the show. nothing left.Angry her face itself enough to run away frm the show. ronali's stupid acting. daljeet get lost. dn't show ur face in any other show.

LadyLaLa

mayuri099 Goldie
mayuri099
mayuri099

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyLaLa

Originally posted by kbtr

I have stopped watching IPKKND. Whatever else they do or not do, because they have sidelined ArShi, I cannot bear to watch IPKKND anymore. 
I'm visiting IF but it doesn't seem like I've missed much.
I'm sorry Sanaya and Barun, your talent is being wasted. And much as I love ArShi, I cannot waste my time on a show that bears no resemblance to its former prize!

From the spoilers we see here today, we can anticipate trouble next week... I wonder how long CVs are planning to drag this wedding and the Shyam track.. If ASR breaks his relationship based Garima's past, then I will want Khushi to go away with her head held high.. she should now put herself through school so that she does not have to depend on anyone .. I am just sick and tired of this cyclic hate track.. Khushi is just namesake.. she never sees happiness in her life..

Honestly speaking I would much rather see an independent and self-reliant Khushi than someone who is just her husband's and his Di's comfort pillow. And if Arshi has to be separated for this to happen, I am completely ok with it. I won't be able to continue watching if they turn Khushi into a SP bahu. As it is I have been skipping episodes now.

Loved your post and most of the comments here.

To Answer your question it's the CVs and DB. I don't think the CVs really care about the show anymore. They have moved on to their other projects, it is us fans who are still stuck with the show, not sure for how long though. 

Edited by mayuri099 - 09 September 2012 at 8:23pm
Farro12 Groupbie
Farro12
Farro12

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
I think it's high time for barun and sanaya to also put their foot down and demand for their rightful place being leads in the serial and not just fillers!

LadyLaLa

LadyLaLa IF-Rockerz
LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by saya312

Very well-written post ClapI visit IF occasionally but when I saw this post, I just had to comment.

The negative comments are definitely not killing the show. The cvs are managing this very well on their own. I agree we can't have the focus on the leads the whole time, but why didn't they develop interesting parallel tracks? what stopped them? lack of creativity? just borrow ideas from other soaps
Smile

I've only recently started watching Indian soaps but I've seen my mom and aunts watch soaps and discuss them. When they see women struggle on tv, they empathize with them. They support these characters, follow their achievements, cheer them on. A pregnancy track in this serial could have evoked a lot of sympathy!! They should have shown a compassionate, pregnant Anjali..a woman broken by her husband's deceit, but one who is determined to weather this storm for her unborn child...the trp aunties would have lapped it up. Instead we have the hero and the entire household mollycoddling Anjali!! Fine, let's accept that Anjali is weak, clingy, manipulative etc etc...but for a stronger Anjali to emerge, her support system has to go...she has been deceiving Arnav and a sibling rift is imperative!!! instead we are going to see Khushi bringing Shyam in and basically covering up for Anjali...totally puke-worthy turn of events!!!!

I definitely don't want to see a wedding at this stage. Let the past come out, let Khushi walk out, let Khushi be away from the RM inhabitants for a while, let Arnavji first sort out his sister's marriage, her brain, her life etc..and let me dream on *sigh*

Thank you and I am honoured you logged in to give your feedback.. Smile

Anjali was never shown as the one who cared for her baby.. all through her pregnancy she was seen sporting a flat stomach and  even put her baby's life at risk many times by skipping meals, medicines .. her final act stripped off sympathy completely from the track...  her act to save her husband rather than thinking of her unborn baby was the last straw that killed this track.. On seeing her actions viewers lost  sympathy for her character... she was seen as colluding with Shyam because she too acted very callously and carelessly.. This was the mistake CVs made.. they never built up the sympathy for Anjali.. this track has totally backfired on them.. this is the only serial I watch so I truly don't know how the other miscarriage tracks were carried out or if they truly raked in the much needed sympathy  ...

Yes, Khushi should walk out to teach the residents of RM a lesson or two.. but knowing Khushi we know that is not going to happen..after  what transpired,  if  Khushi could think of Shyam as a changed person what more could we say.. ?

saya312

LadyLaLa IF-Rockerz
LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by diya33

the one and only , the world's best actress "DALJEET" already killed the show. nothing left.Angry her face itself enough to run away frm the show. ronali's stupid acting. daljeet get lost. dn't show ur face in any other show.

Oh dear, you seem to be upset. Smile  Yes, Anjali character has gone through a not so nice transformation. If there was a best Roni Surat Award, she is sure to win it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

diya33MrDarcyfan

LadyLaLa IF-Rockerz
LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mayuri099

Originally posted by LadyLaLa

Originally posted by kbtr

I have stopped watching IPKKND. Whatever else they do or not do, because they have sidelined ArShi, I cannot bear to watch IPKKND anymore. 
I'm visiting IF but it doesn't seem like I've missed much.
I'm sorry Sanaya and Barun, your talent is being wasted. And much as I love ArShi, I cannot waste my time on a show that bears no resemblance to its former prize!

From the spoilers we see here today, we can anticipate trouble next week... I wonder how long CVs are planning to drag this wedding and the Shyam track.. If ASR breaks his relationship based Garima's past, then I will want Khushi to go away with her head held high.. she should now put herself through school so that she does not have to depend on anyone .. I am just sick and tired of this cyclic hate track.. Khushi is just namesake.. she never sees happiness in her life..

Honestly speaking I would much rather see an independent and self-reliant Khushi than someone who is just her husband's and his Di's comfort pillow. And if Arshi has to be separated for this to happen, I am completely ok with it. I won't be able to continue watching if they turn Khushi into a SP bahu. As it is I have been skipping episodes now.

Loved your post and most of the comments here.

To Answer your question it's the CVs and DB. I don't think the CVs really care about the show anymore. They have moved on to their other projects, it is us fans who are still stuck with the show, not sure for how long though. 

I too would like to see the same. This serial shows women in poor light.. If ASR ditches her at the nth moment, then I would like to see  a role reversal... I would like to see a ruthless Khushi.. but as we ll know this is wishful thinking.. The CVs are in no mood to be charitable to women.. this show is meant to pamper the male ego and those who worship good looks of the male lead..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

saya312mayuri099akku8910Iceflames

LadyLaLa IF-Rockerz
LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Farro12

I think it's high time for barun and sanaya to also put their foot down and demand for their rightful place being leads in the serial and not just fillers!

They are too professional to do so.. I am sure they are happy for the limelight to be away from them...

Go to top