Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Who is killing the show? (Page 16)

LadyLaLa IF-Rockerz
LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by momma1128

Have you ever heard of a restaurant asking critics to be quiet and not say the food is really bad because then the atrocious food won't look so atrocious if customers are not aware of how bad it is if the critics didn't put that news out there.  Have you ever heard restaurant chefs say you critics make us make bad food and run our restaurant into the ground because customers expected bad food, and we didn't think of making improvements, we kept serving the crappy stuff.  No, I haven't either.  But that is the logic being used to keep people from airing discontent.  As long as it is done in a civil manner, this is the purpose of the forum.

Is this not the same PH that had to come to IF and said they were testing out tracks (Bubbly) and realized they weren't working and that they did not listen to us when we said the Khushi OTT humor wasn't working.  They can ignore it, but we are allowed to criticize and then we are allowed to say I told you so.  When we are silent, that means we don't care and quite frankly, CVs should be worried because activity has fallen off in the forum as well.

The CVs just need to understand - garbage in, garbage out.  We work with and talk about what they give us.

Perhaps this is the first time we are agreeing on a post..Smile Thank you for your response.

There have been many tracks that had not gone down well in the past.. be it the scenes where Khushi ran away from ASR without having a conversation... or the OTT comedy... all along they did pay attention to our feedback and corrected them..

Somewhere along the way  writers have changed and so has the director... After a certain comment made on Twitter all hell broke lose.., Now, the CVs are hell bent on silencing the nay sayers...

a couple of weeks back we also read another tweet from the same person telling the fans to watch ANjali's histrionics without creating much noise or fuss.. now if that is the attitude, we too can be vociferous in our protests.. after all we don't want to see our favourite serial to go off air abruptly .. especially due to their shoddy direction and step motherly treatment ..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

OmNaMaSteOmmomma1128

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyLaLa

Have you ever heard of a restaurant asking critics to be quiet and not say the food is really bad because then the atrocious food won't look so atrocious if customers are not aware of how bad it is if the critics didn't put that news out there.  Have you ever heard restaurant chefs say you critics make us make bad food and run our restaurant into the ground because customers expected bad food, and we didn't think of making improvements, we kept serving the crappy stuff.  No, I haven't either.  But that is the logic being used to keep people from airing discontent.  As long as it is done in a civil manner, this is the purpose of the forum.

Is this not the same PH that had to come to IF and said they were testing out tracks (Bubbly) and realized they weren't working and that they did not listen to us when we said the Khushi OTT humor wasn't working.  They can ignore it, but we are allowed to criticize and then we are allowed to say I told you so.  When we are silent, that means we don't care and quite frankly, CVs should be worried because activity has fallen off in the forum as well.

The CVs just need to understand - garbage in, garbage out.  We work with and talk about what they give us.

Perhaps this is the first time we are agreeing on a post..Smile Thank you for your response.

There have been many tracks that had not gone down well in the past.. be it the scenes where Khushi ran away from ASR without having a conversation... or the OTT comedy... all along they did pay attention to our feedback and corrected them..

Somewhere along the way  writers have changed and so has the director... After a certain comment made on Twitter all hell broke lose.., Now, the CVs are hell bent on silencing the nay sayers...

a couple of weeks back we also read another tweet from the same person telling the fans to watch ANjali's histrionics without creating much noise or fuss.. now if that is the attitude, we too can be vociferous in our protests.. after all we don't want to see our favourite serial to go off air abruptly .. especially due to their shoddy direction and step motherly treatment ..

I always post about ASR because I have found him intriguing from the get-go but not many people know what I wanted from Khushi so you would be surprised how much of those things you mentioned above I have complained about too. Smile 

My biggest and longest running complaint is that I cannot relate to Khushi because they bend her on a whim and strip her of her own self respect starting from the time that they made her destroy his property (SUV - I never saw Kh as a vandal, I liked the juice in the shoes, I thought that was more up her alley) and especially when they made her play charades with him after he brutally ripped her apart post Diwali.  I held out that the more mature Khushi that had the most beautiful realization during the kidnapping would stay but no - Friday was the final straw.  The dialogues, the execution, the everything has sidelined her into SP bahu status and I am fuming at it.  Add to that the fact that ASR has become a mindless concierge for his Di has destroyed the 'magic' in this couple.

Anjali/Shyam are killing this show.  They needlessly brought back the idiot and propped up his love interest to satisfy a screenplay writer who wants to push his mind's creation.  They will have to hear it.  If their egos are bigger than the interest and livelihood of the show, they will reap the bitterness that they sow.

LadyLaLaInfofan

Chaandaniya IF-Rockerz
Chaandaniya
Chaandaniya

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
Honestly the kidnapping track was more bearable than this. Even Masala Mama, Bubbly, Mamiji scenes were more bearable than this crap were getting these days. I can't stand Anjali right now she's an ungreatful woman. She didn't think about the fact her brother was once kidnapped and came home beating up with dirty clothes.(All her attentions were on Shyam) And now she's doing even worst not thinking about the lost of her Child. (All she's doing is emotionally blackmailing people just to get her Hubby back in the house)  How can a woman be so damn selfish?

Will CVS actually ignored this? Arnav needs to know his beloved Di cheated him and they just has to be a Sibling face off between Arnav & Anjali.

Edited by .Swetha. - 09 September 2012 at 7:28pm

Siri22LadyLaLa

Tennessean Goldie
Tennessean
Tennessean

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
Hi La,

A very relevant postClapClap I have missed all of last weeks episodes but have been through some written updates. Just wanted to share some thoughts with you.

1) Why is Anji-Shyamu being given more screen space than ASR- KKGSR these days?Confused

2) Why is Dadi being so distrustful and disrespectful towards her own grandson that is ASR of course?Ouch Can she just believe for once what ASR has to say? This woman is dumb and rude to the power of infinity and beyond.

3) Why is ASR being dumbed down at the expense of Anji and her hubby?Confused Anji's hubby has been sneaking in and out and why doesn't ASR come to know of this? Where is the savvy and smart ASR that we all know?

4) Are Mami and Akash ever going to do something useful for the family or they are going to be a bunch of clowns forever?Confused

5) Last but not the least, why is Arshi track being sidelined for whoever demanded screen space? Confused The CVs hit a jackpot with this pair winning innumerable awards within one year. Did the CVs grew too complacent here? There  is a cut throat competition in Tele industry and I hope the CVs are smart enough to realize this. Nothing can be taken for granted even though we have the most amazing lead pair.

The CVs have to fix the story line,  and most important start revolving around the main leads that is ASR and KKGSR of course.Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

S.StephyLadyLaLaMrDarcyfanInfofan

LadyLaLa IF-Rockerz
LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 7:38pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by LadyLaLa

I always post about ASR because I have found him intriguing from the get-go but not many people know what I wanted from Khushi so you would be surprised how much of those things you mentioned above I have complained about too. Smile 

My biggest and longest running complaint is that I cannot relate to Khushi because they bend her on a whim and strip her of her own self respect starting from the time that they made her destroy his property (SUV - I never saw Kh as a vandal, I liked the juice in the shoes, I thought that was more up her alley) and especially when they made her play charades with him after he brutally ripped her apart post Diwali.  I held out that the more mature Khushi that had the most beautiful realization during the kidnapping would stay but no - Friday was the final straw.  The dialogues, the execution, the everything has sidelined her into SP bahu status and I am fuming at it.  Add to that the fact that ASR has become a mindless concierge for his Di has destroyed the 'magic' in this couple.

Anjali/Shyam are killing this show.  They needlessly brought back the idiot and propped up his love interest to satisfy a screenplay writer who wants to push his mind's creation.  They will have to hear it.  If their egos are bigger than the interest and livelihood of the show, they will reap the bitterness that they sow.

I have a feeling the CVs are trying to give the leads a much required respite by focusing on the 2nd leads... at least this is how I console myself for the shoddy treatment meted out to a show that catapulted them to fame.. how else would one explain their indifference to feedback and TRPs.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

momma1128

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
^^^
LadyLala - I have no problem with giving SaRun rest.  But good grief, rest doesn't mean that character consistency is on holiday too.  I don't care if they spend time on the other couple - but at least show that other female acknowledge what a cheat she is to her family, let her have a damn thought about why her brother and sister in law - wait BOTH sister in laws - said all those things about her husband.  Even if they want to give Sanaya a well deserved break from intensity, do not give her sole lines in an epi of the standard of what kind of pills are those that she feels so good..or look at how much shyamji cares for di.  the writing is slipshod because the track is half baked.  I feel that the CVs start out at the end point and retro fit the story.

To boost up that idiot villain in order to cause trouble in ArHi land, they have made every other character deaf, dumb or blind or all of the above.  And we can see it.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Siri22S.StephyLadyLaLaMrDarcyfanOmNaMaSteOm

LadyLaLa IF-Rockerz
LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Swetha.

Honestly the kidnapping track was more bearable than this. Even Masala Mama, Bubbly, Mamiji scenes were more bearable than this crap were getting these days. I can't stand Anjali right now she's an ungreatful woman. She didn't think about the fact her brother was once kidnapped and came home beating up with dirty clothes.(All her attentions were on Shyam) And now she's doing even worst not thinking about the lost of her Child. (All she's doing is emotionally blackmailing people just to get her Hubby back in the house)  How can a woman be so damn selfish?

Will CVS actually ignored this? Arnav needs to know his beloved Di cheated him and they just has to be a Sibling face off between Arnav & Anjali.

You are right.. It is funny to see Anjali going on a tangent wanting Shyam back in her life... at the end of the kidnap track, one by one they returned home in dirty clothing and injured.. couldn't she have put two and two together to come up with the answers... Shyam also mentioned the name of an ally, couldn't they have verified with the client? CVs should realise in this day and age they cannot fool the audience for long... do they ever walk through their scripts? Because if they do, they will realise how illogical and nonsensical their scripts are..

LadyLaLa IF-Rockerz
LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tennessean

Hi La,

A very relevant postClapClap I have missed all of last weeks episodes but have been through some written updates. Just wanted to share some thoughts with you.

1) Why is Anji-Shyamu being given more screen space than ASR- KKGSR these days?Confused

2) Why is Dadi being so distrustful and disrespectful towards her own grandson that is ASR of course?Ouch Can she just believe for once what ASR has to say? This woman is dumb and rude to the power of infinity and beyond.

3) Why is ASR being dumbed down at the expense of Anji and her hubby?Confused Anji's hubby has been sneaking in and out and why doesn't ASR come to know of this? Where is the savvy and smart ASR that we all know?

4) Are Mami and Akash ever going to do something useful for the family or they are going to be a bunch of clowns forever?Confused

5) Last but not the least, why is Arshi track being sidelined for whoever demanded screen space? Confused The CVs hit a jackpot with this pair winning innumerable awards within one year. Did the CVs grew too complacent here? There  is a cut throat competition in Tele industry and I hope the CVs are smart enough to realize this. Nothing can be taken for granted even though we have the most amazing lead pair.

The CVs have to fix the story line,  and most important start revolving around the main leads that is ASR and KKGSR of course.Smile

Hi Tennesean...Long time no see.. Smile

I truly can't understand why ANjali and Shyam are getting the prominence in the show when the focus should be  ASR & KKG on wedding ... Anjali and Shyam are completely hogging the limelight..

For Dadi, this is the her time to get back at ASR who turned his back on his father... She probably must have held it against him and that was why she declined his offer of living with him.. she sees this as the best opportunity to take revenge.. she is also miffed with Khushi.. obviously Shyam has painted a different picture to her..

ASR has a history of reacting in anger and acting without thinking of the consequences... I could never understand his behaviour... especially for a business tycoon with an MBA under his belt he should be the one to know how to act tactfully and also know the law of the land... all his actions have been half baked.. he acts in haste and repents in leisure.. From his marriage to the way he acted with Shyam, these have been incidents where ASR failed to use  his brain ... Logic is completely missing in this serial...

Maami is good only for her taunts and Akash will  always be seen as a yes man.. with Payal's departure Maami will have one person less to taunt and Akash will not have anyone to whom he could throw his temper tantrums... how long could Akash stand there as a mute spectator and be contended to say "Yes Bhai" "No Bhai"..

CVs have jumped onto the bandwagon of miscarriages and abortions.. that seems to be the trend in the  serials..  they did not want to be left out so they have taken the path often travelled.. .. This reminds of me Robert Frost's Road Not Taken.. I hope they read that poem..

Edited by LadyLaLa - 09 September 2012 at 8:13pm

Go to top