Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spirit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey hello Lady L, great post. I applaud you for still having heart to raise these questions. As for your qs, who is killing the show. I dunno, I thought I did, even tried to stay away from the forum and look at this objectively, may be they are right, we are collectively unintelligent people who have failed to grasp the subtlety of their story telling and their screen play. We are just shallow individuals who want nothing more than to see the leads romance in every scene, we are fools to want to see more of Aakash, Payal or even inquire about the missing Mamaji, or ask silly questions like where is everyone's voice? We live in a perfect bubble full of rainbows nd unicorns, and violins playing 24*7 where there is no evil only good and more good, so fail to grasp the underlying message behind shyam's madness or evilness, we just don't get it. And so to make us understand they are giving us enough of Shyam and how great an evil he is, and yet we fail. We don't even understand dadi's pov or sympathze with Anjali's loss, and obviously have no clue when we say, she needs a shrink not a gynecologist. 

What do we know.
LadyLaLa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Thank you 😊
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
La πŸ€—

I apologize for responding so late...had to step out in the evening, and got busy.

Well written Girl! An articulately and succinctly put together post πŸ‘

All I'll say is that this is a discussion forum, where everyone is allowed to express themselves freely, as long as no one uses rude or abusive language towards other members or breaks the rules of the forum, all of us have the right to express ourselves.

These days, especially this week the story has taken a turn for the worse...and the reason why we all are fond of this serial seems to be losing its sheen - the Arhi love story! 
As far as I know, majority of the people fell in love with this serial because of Arhi/Sarun...the other characters were usually appreciated as long as their tracks did not overshadow or eclipse the Arhi story. 
We loved Anjali when she was the doting sister, now her character has been messed up - she is shown manipulative as well as naive to the point of stupid, selfish, self centered and now after her miscarriage, instead of being shown as a mother in shock of losing her baby, she is shown like a lovestruck teenager, who is pining away for her husband - a guy who has been exposed as her own brother's kidnapper, who lusted over his wife!

Who will like such a character?! There is no way people will sympathize with a woman like Anjali...especially when she is emotionally manipulating and using her own brother.

Not to mention, we all were waiting to see Arhi getting married, at least that part should have been shown without interruptions...but they ruined the track by thrusting Anjali in our faces right in the middle of the most awaited events!

Obviously people will crib and complain. If we loved and praised the serial and actors during its golden era, we have the right to criticize and complain if we are not happy with it.

We cannot be expected to keep singing praises and pretend everything is hunky dory, when things are obviously not that way!

Many posts I have come across today are well written and quite polite...as  long as people are polite and state their opinions or arguments without stepping on anyone else's toes, or resorting to personal mudslinging, I think each person is entitled to his/her own opinion.

Live...and let live. 
LadyLaLa thumbnail
Originally posted by: DCgirl

Hola La...
To think that the criticism is killing the show is just silly...
A poor workman always blames the toolsπŸ˜†

For me whats killing the show is to have both the heroine of the show and the side character (Anjali) totally dumbeddown to a point that it is too painful to make it through the 20mins without abusing our desks.

Dadi asks for proof and the whole RM stands there with blank faces when the whole laxmi nagar is witness to Shyam being the PG... That kills the show.

ASR says security will be heavy and 5mins later the creep comes and goes as he pleases... That kills the show

Garima, the mother of the already married bride playing peekaboo for shagun, roka, mehendi, sangeet... That kills the show

Anjali, who lost the baby a day ago completely skipping the grieving part and putting on a thinking cap in how to manipulate her family into getting the hubby back into the family home. If she is indeed a devoted wife in love who believes in hubby's innocence, whynot walkout with him? For better or for worse... No logic whatsoever.  That kills the show

The whole RM walking as a group in every single scene and not acknowleding Payal's absence and bringing in loads of sweets to feed glee two days after she lost the baby... That kills the show.

Khushi sees the creep sneaking out and spends a night thinking whether she should tell anyone about it is ludicrous. Having her say " ho sakta hai bacche ki khone ke dukh mein, shayad woh badal gaye hai" about a man who tried to cheat and manipulate her into getting engaged, tried to kill her and her husband and didnt leave any oppurtunity to touch and feel her inappropriately... That just kills the show for me.

Okay, I will snap out of it and sleep it off now. Im so disconnected with IPK anyway... It is beyond repair. I would rather see the heer ranjha end now.

Thanks for the post and giving me a chance to rant πŸ˜Š

Hi Suhas πŸ€—  Good to see you posting.. The show has now become illogical and nonsensical.. I could add more to your list of what's killing the show... πŸ˜ƒ

Didn't the doctor say Anjali had lost considerable amount of blood? let's see,  she had a DNC, was also suffering from shock, depression, had lacerations to the soles of her feet yet,  she was up on her feet within 12 hours..

Anajali roamed RM in her bloody feet...who cleaned the blood stained floor in RM? Why didn't anyone question the reason for those blood stains..? why didn't anyone see the disconnected wiring on the banisters?

There are many more jarring facts that will question the intelligence of the viewer.. or do they expect us to not think logically.. If I want to do so, I would watch some slapstick comedy... at least they deliver what they promise..

Noname7 thumbnail
Writing (CVs) and story line is killing the show. There are many the tear-jerking melodramatic, terrible dramas in the TV. IPKKND was a little different - now it is falling back in the same line. It is devoid of good story line and now CVs are back in their effort to try and hide their own lack of imagination with the Shyam track. I am not surprised that Payal is leaving the show.. CVs are in love with Shyam (and the Dadi who is worse than Shyam). A few months back it was Daljeet Bhanot (Di) had threatened to quit the show -- hence this awful story line in her favor?! Instead they could have shown that she becomes a more independent, confident, self sufficient woman.. Her character is taking a nose dive -- as well as Shyam's (though he is a good actor). If anybody is killing the show it is the writer(s).

So, is Payal - a half-sister of Arnav? 
Who are Khusi's real parents and how are they related to Garima exactly?
Hopefully CVs will not come with weird ideas of somehow relating Khusi and Arnav (other than the present impending relation as a couple)
When will the family, Anjali, and the rest -- discover the will that Shyamji has hidden underneath the palan? 
When will Dadi leave the show?
When will Di's character have some backbone.. 
Why Khushi's character cannot remain independent, fun loving, thinking, and intelligent..why she has to go all illogical, nonsensical, and weak?

SeerialLoops thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hello La,
How are you dear.  Sorry for such a late response.  I was busy today and could only login few minutes ago.
You have written it very beautifully.
However, it will be lost on the people who think postivity means calling people criticising as bashers.
CVs have made mince meat of every character and are taking great pleasure in the killing of the show. 
1yyy2krish3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: malose

i defetley agre with you the ph are kiling the show and we as the wivers hase the right to say what we think and feel 

agree wit u
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Who's killing the show?

Excessive dumbness of characters 
LadyLaLa thumbnail
Originally posted by: aashi_82

Agree 100% with your post!!

Why is it so taboo for fans to share what they feel like? 

As a fan of Criminal Minds (US based FBI drama), I can tell you that what the fans say have a LOT of power, at least here in North America. For instance, the makers of the show decided to take out two of the popular female leads and inserted a new female character. You would not believe the ruckus that was created!! Eventually they had to undo what they did i.e. they got the female leads back and kicked out the new character. 

Now that is fan power. The criticism did not kill Criminal Minds. It took it back to being the amazing show that it is. 

Perhaps the IPKKND fans can learn a lesson from all this!!

I hear you Aashi... 😊

This forum was created for  fans   to share their views on their favourite show.. However, there are some fans  who only want to read  positive posts.. A healthy team  is made up with a mix of optimists and pessimists... if negative thinking is bad why do companies have Strategic and Risk plans? If this serial was  considered a project, I would sure like to see their Risk plan and strategy πŸ˜ƒ  Did they anticipate our reactions? Did they consider  it a threat or an opportunity?
πŸ˜ƒ

I am told the difference in the budget available to U S production houses which is what makes the stark difference in serials of both countries.. of course we should not forget the amount of research that is put into the scripts in U.S.  Which is what makes their serials superior...  If they show misleading or distorted facts, they could be in for a law suit.. thankfully in India no one cares to question or challenge the PHs for the content aired on Tele.. if that ws the case, it will be shutter down time for most PHs.

Why don't we see serials of U S showing disclaimers at the beginning of each serial? Makes one wonder isn't it?
Edited by LadyLaLa - 11 years ago
LadyLaLa thumbnail
Originally posted by: Debarati7

Totally Agree...Nice answer for those who claim we members are bringing negativity to the forum...

This is platform for discussion.. we could air our views be it positive or negative as long as they are according to the forum rules..
😊