Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DCgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
@Thread Maker
Wow... That was something. 
We have to use IPK to learn how to act and react in real life when we meet people like Shyam??🤣
The creative team worked on the so-called star-crossed lovers and their love story for over a year and if they have to meet the same fate as romeo juliet or heer ranjha, they can get there by 100 ways but the one way the CVs chose is appalling. 

I did signup to watch fate acting against Arnav and Khushi but not to watch fate acting for Shyam and Anjali and their puppy love... It grosses me out.

As for snapping out of fairytales and seeing reality. All the women in this serial could use that suggestion... Not the viewers!
robyn thumbnail
@ TM , When you have non-biased veteran non-illiterate post makers like -sush- , and momma1128  agr😊eeing to disagree with you  you should know you have a problem. 

Agree there might be posts which are not happy about it not being a love story anymore , but I think you are missing the bigger picture here. Its not that the wedding which never shud have happened again was halted, Its not that the leads are on the side lines with maybe 5 minutes of screen time, Its not even that the leads dont have anything else to talk about other than the 2 year old tantrum toddler being mollycoddled by the whole clan.. Its about the total Volte face of almost all the characters , the prevalent amnesia , disappearance of side characters..do you really want to count the inconsistencies starting with bad editing ??
Its about the loyal fan base feeling that they have been taken for a ride after investing all their emotions into this drama which was hyped up to be different , (and it was till feb) , Fans who have been giving the show chance pe chance... But how much can you flog a dying Horse? ..
So rather than preaching , it would be better if this is taken as constructive criticism from people who care, about the show, about the actors..and still hope that it can be salvaged .
CDlove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
TMs Comments are in Blue. Mine are in red.

"It has to be understood that the "love", which the writer has stated on the heading does NOT have to connote, to the 'romantic love'. I understand that this is so typical of the audience to percieve it in this way. There is so much of 'love' in this serial! Love between Arnav and Khushi, love between Arnav and Anjali ( siblings love) love between Naniji and her grandchildren ( bond love) khushi's love for Jalebis! Anjali loves shyam! So much of love isn't it? This is what we have been watching, ever since the show began to this moment"

I disagree. The 'love' the writers had implied in the story had always been about two lovers without any platonic feelings for each other, their inability to put a clear cut definition to what they feel for each other. Love between Anjali and Arnav, love between Arnav and Nani etc has already been given a name. There's nothing puzzling about it. The story was sold as "Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam doon" for Khushi and Arnav's relationship. Had the writers implied this name for all relations portrayed in the show, they didn't do a good job showing it in the beginning of the show and they cannot suddenly change the premise of the story after nearly one and a half years time.

Viewers tune in to watch Arnav and Khushi's love story, their evolving relationship and their dynamics between each other. The story must not lose focus on this aspect. Maybe the writers have suddenly changed their mind and want to convert it into what they are showing right now but the loss will be all theirs because none of us would want to watch it. They want to sell the product? Then they need to stick to what they showed us initially. Simple. No amount of justification posts like this will make the viewers change their minds regarding the show because at the end of the day people watch it for entertainment. It's a personal opinion. If you don't like it, you don't watch it. And you will come to the forum to complain about it. What's so wrong in it? That's what the forum is for.

So no I highly disagree on your words "This is what we have been watching, ever since the show began to this moment!" at least I (and almost all the forum judging by their comments) didn't sign into watch what they are showing right now.

"It is so selfish to be imagining that Arnav and Khushi will lead a life like Princess and Prince Charming! We need to move away from fairy tales and look at the reality! That is, ' Iss pyaar ko kya naam doon"

Oh exactly! We never tuned into watch a perfect love story. That was never the intension and it never will be. We WANT that star crossed love story back but the problem is they are NOT showing it right now. Have you seen any serious relationship dynamics explored between the lead pair for the past few weeks? NO! the focus has shifted from their story to some kind of twisted illogical family drama with a mentally deranged psychotic murderer and his equally brain addled wife.  

"Those of you who are putting bad remarks on the show, are putting bad remarks on the reality too!"

Haha sorry to be sarcastic but that's the joke of the century! You call this realistic? A man who dressed in fancy costumes slips inside a rich household, get past security, fix CCTV cameras, sabotage the electricity system, spew glass pieces on the carpet while there is no logical explaination as to how he got away with any of this is realistic?

A woman who has just miscarried at her 7 month pregnancy is hell bent on getting her psychotic husband back while not even giving a tupence notice to the fact that she just lost her child is realistic?

A woman claiming to love her husband more than anyone else on earth still stays at her brother's house while crib like a 3 year old is realistic?

Please don't get me started on the unrealistic aspects of this show. I will write several books by the end of the night.

At the end of the day we want to watch the show for entertainment. Enough patience has been bestowed on the show, hoping against hope that it would get back to normalcy, a logical plot line with better execution. But all is in vain. This trend of half hearted story telling had been seen for quite a few months now and people are no longer going to make excuses for not being able to enjoy the story. You can't make someone like the story if they don't like what they are seeing. The CVs need to pull up their socks and get their act together and produce episodes that can be enjoyed.
Edited by CDlove - 11 years ago
Dazee thumbnail
Thread Maker, sorry.  Respectfully disagree with all your points. The story has lost its way and there is no denying that at least from the perspective of many viewers.  This is not to deny that everyone works very hard and so on, but things have gone seriously offtrack, and what is being shown is simply not resonating with a lot of viewers these days.  I have ff'd shyam anjali scenes throughout this last week.  it is not because I don't sympathise with a woman who has just lost her child, but I cannot relate at all with the way in which she and her situation have been portrayed.  Apart from how unrealistic it is to not have any signs of carrying a child for 7 months, and to have lacerations on your feet disappear overnight, I simply cannot relate to her manipulations and her lies and her outright deception to her family for a husband whom she knows tried to kill her brother.  If she is so pious and so on, where does all this lying come from?

And in any case for me it was, is and always will be a story of arnav and khushi's love and their amazing journey together.  That is the core of the story that first got me hooked, and, even when strong side actors are being shown, I as a viewer need to feel that it is still their story that this is all about.  but unfortunately it is less and less that by the day.  all this apart from the lacklustre execution on most days Edited by Dazee - 11 years ago
lazylad8-FauZi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Sorry but I disagree with you.

WE were hooked to a LOVE STORY between 2 star crossed lovers.

We did not expect to see the side actors taking over the screen space.

This show is not what it used to be...
Edited by lazylad8 - 11 years ago
Debarati7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Awesum post!!! but unfortunately..totally disagree with u...
Addie07 thumbnail
okay firstly i must say, i loved your way of writing though i dont agree with it.
We are all here because of our love for IPK... this is the same show that has given us so many characters we have fallen in love with to the point that we spend hours on this forum just to discuss and get news.
Before the 14th feb fiasco happened, the episodes were amazing... Even if Anjali was shown, people loved it. They loved her. They didn't beg for ArHi scenes. Then what changed?? Why is the Anjali who was once loved started getting tagged as Rudali poojali anJHAli etc
i tried defending Anjali to some point in the beginning because for a while i tried understanding her.. and they dragged it to a point where i could no longer understand her.
To be direct, anjali is being portrayed as a weak clingy selfish woman who only cares about her happiness... her brother was kidnapped and she didnt even bother giving that a second thought when it came to her happiness..
Where is the love here?

Arnav treated khushi wrongly-- in a way no girl should be treated even reaching to a point that can be categorized under domestic abuse. he might have been mislead. But when he got his facts right, there was no proper redemption. his eyes and attention was on his precious di..
where is the Love?

Payal and Khushi's relationship is also shown close knit. When khushi was depressed when Arnav was kidnapped, NK saw it in her eyes but Payal didnt..
Where is the love?

Shyam is supposed to "love" but that love went to the expent of killing everyone who came his way and even khushi when she said she didnt love him..
Where is the love?

Anjali loved Shyam but neither she could stand up for her husband nor try to prove him innocent by finding out the facts..
where is the love?

if love is such an unhealthy , fickle emotion.. then in this case they got the title right

iss pyaar ko kya naam doon??

Edited by Lyraa99 - 11 years ago
Dazee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lyraa99

To be direct, anjali is being portrayed as a weak clingy selfish woman who only cares about her happiness... her brother was kidnapped and she didnt even bother giving that a second thought when it came to her happiness..
Where is the love here?

Arnav treated khushi wrongly-- in a way no girl should be treated even reaching to a point that can be categorized under domestic abuse. he might have been mislead. But when he got his facts right, there was no proper redemption. his eyes and attention was on his precious di..
where is the Love?

Payal and Khushi's relationship is also shown close knit. When khushi was depressed when Arnav was kidnapped, NK saw it in her eyes but Payal didnt..
Where is the love?

Shyam is supposed to "love" but that love went to the expent of killing everyone who came his way and even khushi when she said she didnt love him..
Where is the love?

Anjali loved Shyam but neither she could stand up to her husband nor try to prove him innocent by finding out the facts..
where is the love?

if love is such an unhealthy , fickle emotion.. then in this case they got the title right

iss pyaar ko kya naam doon??

Loved your post...you say it really well.
Siri22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Daljeet acted incredibly mindblowing...😕

Omg Are we even watching the same show? 

And CV's deserve more than applauses and appreciation🤢

Pray tell what else do they need?

Like I said earlier anyone supporting Anji are as delusional as the character itself.

If you''re so shattered reading those negative posts why bother reading them in the first place? Who are you to take so much effort and pain to support this mockery of a show?
Edited by Siri22 - 11 years ago
hashey thumbnail
wow, can't believe this. There are people who still justify the show inspite of the illogocal, crap and cringe worthy tracks and still think the show is going great and most of all Daljeet's acting mind blowing 🤢. Sorry don't want to be rude, but as you said ' TRUTH HURTS!!
About learning anything from this show, I don't want to be anywhere near their kind of thinking or behaviour. I think viewers are more sensible and there is nothing to learn except to be blind, lie, stupid, clingy and manipulative.
Coming to the point of unconditional love,  I see only Khushi and Arnav who do that.
Arnav and Anjali's love, which is highlighed in the show is just one way. She is manipulating her brother and being a parasite. She is worse than Shyam as per me. After all the things she went through viewers are not able to feel an ounce of sympathy towards her.
They just killed the soul of the show and today is the heights of the crappiness they are throwing on our faces.