Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Iss waar ko kya naam doon? (Page 43)

-Jamba- IF-Rockerz
-Jamba-
-Jamba-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by joenet1234

Visi - I understand your point but unfortunately, the argument is flawed and I beg to differ. This was one major character blip which can't be justified. If Khushi had forgiven Shyam for everything he did to her that would be completely in character and justified BUT Khushi lives and breathes for other people, especially people she loves. How can she forgive him for what he did to her loved ones? I am talking about only Anjali and Arnav here. You mentioned Khushi feeling guilty for Anjali's broken marriage, but wasn't Khushi hurt and disgusted when Shyam told her he didn't love Rani Sahiba and will divorce her in a heartbeat? Fine, Khushi forgave him for deceiving her and the Guptas by falsely getting engaged to her, didn't Shyam hurt and deceive Anjali in the process as well by lying to her? He was willing to divorce his wife while she was pregnant with his child, what incentive does he have to stand by her now that even the child is no longer in picture? What about Arnav? She crossed all lines to save him, she said so herself to Shyam and she would have crossed even more if needed. The two most important people to Khushi - Anjali and Arnav were repeatedly betrayed, tortured and hurt by Shyam. That should not have skipped Khushi's mind at any cost. The writers might think the kidnapping track was an aberration, it was a necessary evil to accommodate BS leave and should be ignored but the reality is, for us viewers, IT HAPPENED! They showed us Khushi using her brain, fighting for her loved ones without thinking about anything for even a split second. The same Khushi who is now being reduced to an amnesiac who is nothing short of a threat to her loved ones. By even considering giving Shyam a second chance, she has let go of the very essence of her character, protecting her loved ones at any cost.
There is no logical explanation or justification for Khushi's request. It was all done in the name of  keeping up with the SP bahu image and to lay the future track where Khushi becomes even more of a doormat and convinces ASR to let Shyam back in. Di might have asked Chotey but Khushi's convincing will most likely be the final nail in the coffin, all DKL. Dead I stayed away from the hangout purposely because I just couldn't take this demeaning of such a beloved character and women in general. I am not a blind naari morcha type person - I am the first one to criticize when women are being dumb, gullible and just plain stupid. But today was not one, not two but three blows to the women folk in general. Today was a living breathing example of certain someone's thoughts "there are more hormones here than a pregnant Anjali" and "these sad women going through mid life crisis who spell questions like "Kostins". I will watch a show for its entertainment value but not when the self-indulgence of the writer is aimed at the audience as a personal vendetta. Character assassination is not the way to satisfy your bloody ego, start a blog and rant away.
I was cringing at Anjali and Dadi as is and might have ignored them completely but Khushi was icing on the cake. Had she said that she knows what Shyam did is unforgivable and insufferable, how he hurt Di and everyone else, it can't be denied BUT the need of the hour is what's best for Di, maybe, just maybe I would have been able to stomach it  just a tad bit. But her complete un-acknowledgement of the facts is unfathomable.
Sorry for the long rant!  I am generally in agreement with your defense of Khushi but today was a lose-lose situation. Sorry!

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana2-Maggie-howcomezainah09premparbatsavvy05ipkbs

maaloo IF-Dazzler
maaloo
maaloo

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sugar_babe

Originally posted by -Jamba-

Repost request.

Read at your own risk LOL. I did say sorry, hopefully I am forgiven Confused
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3181901&PID=64516527&#64516527

This is what I wrote this morning about Deepali quitting and DB:

this was to be expected. Just a few months ago, she had said in another interview that she would like to explore. It does put the PH in a negative light though, they were willing to bend over backwards for an actress who continuously fails to impress yet they absolutely could not do anything for Deepali. Here is my grouse: Given the recent heavy dose of Anjali in the show if the PH felt so strongly about the character, they should have replaced Daljeet. The character has taken over the show completely but it fails to make an impression because Daljeet is not doing it any justice. This just tells me PH gave in because there was too much media hype which was very smart on DB's part. She leveraged the media to get what she wanted, it was a bit unprofessional in my opinion but it worked. To each their own, she was looking out for herself, can't blame her but the PH should have looked out for the show too, which they didn't.

That is Deepali's fault to be fair too then. The girl's on twitter and facebook, give a shout there like Karan Goddwani did and see how they keep her back in. Abbha, Karan, Daljeet all used the media and fans to their benefit. Deepali, like Barun is just too naive to do that.

I wouldn't call it naievity.. She was just decent enough to quit while the show was ahead.. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-zainah09sugar_babeipkbs

sugar_babe IF-Rockerz
sugar_babe
sugar_babe

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Vee05-

You know I am curious though... is Daljeet really one to be blamed?
I think she's getting a very brutal end of something she did not ask for.. More screen space yes.. but did she really want this CRAP?

DO.NOT.GO.THERE.

I love you too much but shes left a sour taste in my mouth with her antics...no respect of benefit of doubt for her left. Sorry personal opinion here.

What about Barun and 11/20./45 huh?

He is an equal opportunity offender but he said he had to go and they worked ard it...her antics changed the future of it alL... No right or wrong but shit or get off the pot is still one saying i stand by ...do justice to it all ...leave or just wrap this crap up...

I don't know man, she wasn't given a lot after the first DKS failed. All this right now is because the creatives love Abbhas. And whatever love the actor, why on earth are they obsessed with Shyam?

ASR is Gul's fantasy. Why isn't she working on that? He was the most consistent character..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-zainah09ipkbs

junelily Senior Member
junelily
junelily

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
Sooo... was today just another nail in the coffin of the show previously beloved by all of us? By the look and feel of the forum, it sure seems like it.

I feel like the show has been running on a half tank of gas for at least 4 months. But, most of us stuck around through the kidnapping track because we thought 'when Barun comes back, the show will pick up'. At least, that's what I thought.

I remember that first episode after he was back, where he and Khushi had that magical moment by the poolside. Their silent understanding, and warm embrace. And, I thought "YES! This is going to be a new phase of the show!". Then a few episodes later, what did we get? Arnav and Khushi back to bickering, and playing games. As though they didn't just almost get killed for each other. And, I thought, WTH is this? But, I was like - it's okay, at least we're seeing more Arnav and Khushi scenes. It will get better.

And, then we had the re-marriage track introduced. And, I was like - fanstastic! Wow! Finally! Sure - there was some magic missing, there were parallel tracks / criss-crossing tracks - but, I was like - it's okay!

But, honestly, - I'm tired of saying IT'S OKAY. Because you know what? IT'S NOT OKAY!!!!!!!

- IT'S NOT OKAY to butcher your characters
- IT'S NOT OKAY to lack direction in your storyline
- IT'S NOT OKAY to constantly leave tracks open and hanging and give all your characters amnesia
- IT'S NOT OKAY to sideline your *main* characters - the ones the show is famous for - to highlight characters NOBODY cares about
- IT'S NOT OKAY to reduce your previously awesome lead female character to a someone who lacks self-respect, intelligence, and all the qualities that made her so loved in the first place.
- IT'S NOT OKAY to expect fans to stick around while you get your sh*t together. Not since we've been waiting for practically half a year.

I'm tired of sitting and hoping for the show to reach its potential. I'm tired of expecting one thing from the show, and getting not even half of that in return.

So, does this mean I stop watching? Probably not. But, my heart is not in it. I don't feel the joy anymore. And, the makers of this show need to wake up before ALL their viewers stop feeling the love for this show. Because whatever it was that made it so special is slowly slipping away.  

Edited by Gemsal678 - 07 September 2012 at 7:05pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana2IF_RocksMoksha51-Maggie-maaloozainah09howcome-Jamba-premparbatipkbs

-Vee05- IF-Sizzlerz
-Vee05-
-Vee05-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
2 am in the uk...am very buzzed on something called lavender bloom with a ton of champagne in it...this gibberishness of a show right now has me very livid...i am calling it a night...see u all on the other side of the Atlantic sunday night! Xoxo Big smile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana2-Maggie-joenet1234zainah09maaloosugar_babeipkbs

maaloo IF-Dazzler
maaloo
maaloo

Originally posted by .Mandy.

Originally posted by ipkbs

You know I am curious though... is Daljeet really one to be blamed?
I think she's getting a very brutal end of something she did not ask for.. More screen space yes.. but did she really want this CRAP?

she created the hullabaloo about leaving and "we'll work it out"
now that quitting thing is like a chaap in our brain. It feels like it is because of her negotiation..

I don't think DB could have ever imagined things would turn out the way it did. Fans begged her to stay, we were happy when she did but once negotiations were reached changes were apparent so obviously one can't help but believe it was due to whatever DB and PH worked out. DB did not help matters defending her character in the Rangmunch interview when heat was already on her.

I do think DB shares blame in making the details public but she is not alone, CVs share blame too if not more for they are the ones who write for the show. No matter what DB negotiated the CVs had no right to neglect the rest of their cast. Where is the focus on the leads since Shyam's return??? Where is their story?? Its been Anjali and Shyam non stop! There is a reason we liked the past tracks while watching Anjali blind in love and Shyam's scheming - it is because it was Arnav and Khushi's love story whether it was love or hate, a kidnapping track, Arnav trying to win back her love. It was always about them but lately we are lucky if we get 5 minutes showing their love!

I think that kind of nailed it.. Confused

Sahana2-Maggie-zainah09ipkbs

sugar_babe IF-Rockerz
sugar_babe
sugar_babe

Originally posted by maaloo

Originally posted by -Jamba-

Repost request.

Read at your own risk LOL. I did say sorry, hopefully I am forgiven Confused
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3181901&PID=64516527&#64516527

This is what I wrote this morning about Deepali quitting and DB:

this was to be expected. Just a few months ago, she had said in another interview that she would like to explore. It does put the PH in a negative light though, they were willing to bend over backwards for an actress who continuously fails to impress yet they absolutely could not do anything for Deepali. Here is my grouse: Given the recent heavy dose of Anjali in the show if the PH felt so strongly about the character, they should have replaced Daljeet. The character has taken over the show completely but it fails to make an impression because Daljeet is not doing it any justice. This just tells me PH gave in because there was too much media hype which was very smart on DB's part. She leveraged the media to get what she wanted, it was a bit unprofessional in my opinion but it worked. To each their own, she was looking out for herself, can't blame her but the PH should have looked out for the show too, which they didn't.

That is Deepali's fault to be fair too then. The girl's on twitter and facebook, give a shout there like Karan Goddwani did and see how they keep her back in. Abbha, Karan, Daljeet all used the media and fans to their benefit. Deepali, like Barun is just too naive to do that.

I wouldn't call it naievity.. She was just decent enough to quit while the show was ahead.. 

I still don't think she's going to leave. I'd believe it if this was it. She still has one month. Daljeet changed her mind overnight and Karan took a week! If today's hate posts on FB are anything to go by, there must be serious re-considerations going on in the PH.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana2junelilyzainah09maalooshowstruckipkbs

zainah09 IF-Dazzler
zainah09
zainah09

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:06pm | IP Logged

2 am in the uk...am very buzzed on something called lavender bloom with a ton of champagne in it...this gibberishness of a show right now has me very livid...i am calling it a night...see u all on the other side of the Atlantic sunday night! Xoxo Big smile

Have a safe trip back home...Hug

maalooshowstruckipkbs-Vee05-

Go to top