India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Disappointment with the Negativity on the forum

jerriblank Groupbie
jerriblank
jerriblank

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
I've been a silent reader but now I can't hold myself back from posting something. 
I'm truly surprised to see the amount of negativity on this forum. It's almost sickening. Granted, the past few episodes may not have the romance or the revelations that everyone craves to see. But, I fail to see how that warrants the cruelty that I'm witnessing.

Most of you may not agree with what I have to say but hopefully some of you will take your time to think about it and consider what I have to say.

I've never been the type of person who liked Indian serials. I could usually predict the entire plot of shows within 2 minutes of starting the show. I happened to stumble across Ipkknd by accident. And truth be told, I haven't stopped watching since then. For the first time I found an Indian serial that I couldn't predict as easily. I found myself attaching myself to the characters. And I found myself enjoying a romantic drama, which was completely new for me. I hate romance, I always found it awkward and uncomfortable. But I never once felt that discomfort with this show. 

As I continue to watch, sure, I get frustrated that the facts are still hidden from everyone, Khushi is still the scapegoat. And Anjali is almost unbearable. But then I think about the genius of the writers. I've always thought they were amazing, the way they make sure that the characters never falter, they are always true to the personalities. Even if WE don't notice it at first. Khushi, as annoyed as you may be at her for today, this is HER character. She thinks about others first. She's only thinking about Anjali right now. Anjali just suffered a huge loss and she is in a depression right now. Some of you probably don't believe that BUT keep in mind that after anything related to pregnancy, hormones are completely out of balance. Hormones determine our moods, they practically dictate how we feel. Arnav wasn't just saying that she isn't menatally fit to be making these decisions because he needed to defend himself. He's completely right. 

The negativity that Anjali's character has gotten and especially the negativity that Daljeet has received are perplexing to me. On one hand everyone moans and groans about how Daljeet had negotiated for a heavier role and on the other they used to say all Anjali does is smile, she doesn't have a definitive character-- She's just nice. Just because she negotiated for a bigger role doesn't mean she's writing the episodes. And with the way things are, she's a great actress and I like watching her. I'm impressed. 
Now, the negativity that Anjali receives, its on a whole different level of cruel. Granted she loves blindly, she never questions anyone, she blindly follows what her husband and brother say to her. But think about it, there are real people like this. And as angering as it is, remember you might be one of those people. It's not that she's stupid, its that she has faith and she's optimistic. She always tried to see the good in everyone. Think about it, why is she nice to Khushi now? Her husband is still making the claim that Khushi was the problem. Yet, she lets her hug her, comfort her, tend to her. All because her younger brother is in love with her. So in her eyes there is something good in Khushi. She's never been given concrete proof that Shyam is bad. So why would she believe it? In her situation, it does make sense that she WANT her husband. If Shyam weren't evil, and they suffered this loss, they would be together all the time. Her husband is the only person that she thinks understands her pain. 

I know most of you probably will fire back with your arguments and I'm eager to see what you think. But before you do reply, I request that we keep the silly nicknames and the vulger words out of this conversation. Thanks!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

shilpacmprincessep13cuteness123msleecrackerszoneeyesonmepriya_drizzlesArnieBoyBarun

cuteness123 Groupbie
cuteness123
cuteness123

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
i agree with u . nice post ..
crackerszone Goldie
crackerszone
crackerszone

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
I wil not talk abt da points ppl r bringing out to show negativity coz actualy sum facts r valid...BUT da negativity in dis forum is tooo much...I have stoped visiting dis forum just coz it makes me sick to see posts dat says "End IPK" or "Barun or sanaya should quit" n what not...Dese things makes me so sad...Tell me guys..If we fans dont suport n hold patience fr our show to spring bak to its good state,den who will??If we fans start teling IPK should end,da show is loosing its charm n da characters r not worth watching,den who wil be dere fr our show??We r forgeting dat dese same cv's made us fal in love wid da show in da first place...da curent track is anoying n doesnt make sense,I know dat...but plss have patience...try to hold da anger n not vent it out on ur own baby...I am sure dis track is leading sumwhere...We wil get our old IPKKND bak...we just have to wait...Sarun is always dere to make us fal in love again in case if sum 1 has fall out ofcourse

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jerriblankArhiliciousLOVEArnieBoyBarun

ArnieBoyBarun IF-Stunnerz
ArnieBoyBarun
ArnieBoyBarun

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
"I've never been the type of person who liked Indian serials. I could usually predict the entire plot of shows within 2 minutes of starting the show. I happened to stumble across Ipkknd by accident. And truth be told, I haven't stopped watching since then. For the first time I found an Indian serial that I couldn't predict as easily. I found myself attaching myself to the characters. And I found myself enjoying a romantic drama, which was completely new for me. I hate romance, I always found it awkward and uncomfortable. But I never once felt that discomfort with this show. "

This part suits for me too. I really agree to you. IPKKND fascinated me to a level that I found myself now in an unfamiliar territory now, even I am lost.

People expects too much from the show, just beyond what they can give. As it is a daily show, they are much compromised on so many things. They will fight for their expectation, the next day they will come with some positive thing. This is not going to be the permanent state of the forum (I believe). When they feel they have shown some crap, they will react. The very next day if they feel something good, they will flatter also. People are different. Nobody can have a control on others' emotions. Just wait, react carefully to negative posts and maturely of course. We all are impulsive, i think. We need to sit back and think twice before making posts. Constructive criticism should be there that is for the show, but do not bash the show and harass the creative team behind it. We can still give chance to our own IPKKND and wait. It will come up. Every shows go through such bad phases one or the other time, but it needs its own IPKKND forum and its members to support it. So we should join hands for that.

Edited by dkatmala - 07 September 2012 at 1:10pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jerriblankeyesonme

shona2smart4u Senior Member
shona2smart4u
shona2smart4u

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
i agree with u.. n its ur first post newbie,,Confused
mslee Senior Member
mslee
mslee

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
My dear, i'm in total agreement with u. I get totally frustrated & upset seeing the negative posts in this forum than the show itself, quite frankly i'm enjoying the track, i understand why anjali is behaving this way, i also love how they keep to everyone's character that's why i wasn't upset with khushi's suggestion about sham cause that's khushi's nature.

I'm enjoying it cause i know that one day anjali will realize that shyam is an evil wretch but sadly she may lose her brother cause she betrayed him. However, i'm loving the track.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ArnieBoyBarun

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top