Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Can anyone really afford to produce all the products domestically?

And what if  we were all restricted to purchasing only those products that were made domestically?

How much buying all the products made domestically helps our country?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Made in China, America, India..." in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 8:23am | IP Logged

I think, the govt. should have a certain limitations on the goods entering the country. Globalization is always better, it's for progress, good healthy competition between the markets all over the world, the consumers have a wide range of brands and products to choose from, the domestic markets can see and learn, and up their standards.

Besides, it's virtually impossible to meet the ALL demands of the consumers by producing goods and providing services domestically. What resources may be scarce in your country, might be plentiful in another country...and definately, the former will fall behind in quality, and be supply-deficit. This will act as a bottleneck to economic progress.

The government should relax it's restrictions, and allow for foreign investment. At the same time it must be careful not to let the new baby markets of it's own country do not bear the brunt of mighty global markets and should prevent the flooding of foreign goods in it's own country. Sorry if I couldnt make myself clear... economy is my enemy -.-

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 08 September 2012 at 8:24am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
Believe in America, Made in China.

I think supporting local industries is important, but there is a limit on how far you can go with it. That is why you have trade. Not everyone's production competency is the same. When you have fair international trade, everyone benefits.

I try to buy local produce and eat seasonally. I try my best to patronize locally/family owned businesses, restaurants, services etc. I think it is important to create jobs locally. At the same time my coffee is Brazilian, rice is Thai and Mangoes Mexican. There are somethings that cannot be locally produced. I also buy foreign cars and foreign electronics. I find that their technology and performance is superior, and they can produce cheaply and efficiently.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-rogna

Polki_Zofi

Polki_Zofi

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 8:06pm | IP Logged
Everything in electronic in Poland is made in China, all the cloth come from Bangladesh. Sometimes I wonder what we, the Poles, are actually doing.

It is surely for their cheap price that they gain the market position. We are more of a service oriented industry in Poland. We are moving to the service sector more and more everyday Smile, so I think manufacturing is naturally to be done by newly industrial countries in asia.

Made in Poland are mostly our traditional dishes and pottery, some of our clothing too but not many.

The contract for some of the most important Polish roads and highways was given to Chinese companies and they still have it. I hope they make things which last Confused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrro-Aarya-

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

And what if  we were all restricted to purchasing only those products that were made domestically?

Chainese are best in reverse engineering and making cheap variants of famous products...They are making all name brand fake purses,shirts,ties,shoes,leather coats you name it you got it...Just watch out for medicines...They have flow the product like water, every where you find the china product. and Quality aspect it is bad...bt its true that,every country have the fake products,cause market need this...I think we should  check,either Chinese are producing sub standard products becos of which their costs are lower OR Indian manufacturing is inefficient and thus expensive OR Indian companies are earning fat margins as they have been able to either eliminate competition / have formed a cartel. Which One is correct is for we have to decide...Smile

In the beginning, God made the Heaven and Earth. The rest was Made in China or made in VaChina  by Abraham lincoln 

-Aarya-

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 11:55am | IP Logged
If we were restricted to purchase only domestically produced goods, I would have been at least 10 kilos less. There won't have been Doritos, Hershey's Kissers and Checks Mix in my life. Stern Smile

Buying products made in our country exclusively won't uplift the economy as such. We do need export and import as it goes for helping our economic status, don't we? Plus, this would restrict us to use only Indian raw materials for production purpose which may not ensure us as good a finished produce as would have been if we had better raw material. So, I guess a network of goods produced both in India and abroad should suffice the matter of 'helping our country'. :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-HealMeForeverAngel-likeDevil

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

NO. It would be too expensive and impractical

that would limit our choices as a consumer

In the short run it may seem to benefit the local industry but in the long term lack of competition leads to complacency and poor quality goods

-Aarya-

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
It's a high-stake confrontation cause many companies are seeking sales in global and highly competitive markets (as many stated), and a "Made in ..." label does provide an edge on products which are prices and put a status on quality. The label denotes jobs creating within the country and helps national economy; though it's a difficult task to maintain label for the domestic country. For example when you shop through stores in US, you rarely find anything that has "Made in USA" label. I get the fact we, as consumers, are buying the cheap stuff; it's supply and demand, but isn't this process hurting your own country? Another example is US with offshore job market, while millions of people are out of jobs, why do these US based companies needs to venture into the offshore market?

@Angel-likeDevil, I question the government, if it were to spent the taxpayers money on nothing but domestically made products it would boot the economy, or even control the prices on the products it would be cheaper to product and buy domestically.

@RTH, spoken like a true independent ;)  And how do you set limits on how far you can trade...

@Polki_Zofi & @Prometeus, I have always wondered how does Chinese manage to use the products which are made locally, while we will always question the quality of their products?

@Savage, I have been secretly in love with Doritos ;) Isn't everything that we need available and made locally? It's matter of how much is the consumer satisfied with the products made and available locally!  The company and consumer network needs to be built and has to be strong.

@Zorro, the domestic market would be benefited in the long run rather than a short, cause domestic competition is as much needed vs international. 

Edited by -Aarya- - 09 September 2012 at 8:04pm

epiphany.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top