Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

because all love stories come with an expiry date! (Page 9)

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by eveline

LOL...oh that is so obvious from my post...only one who has gone through the various phases of a love story...can be so hooked to a fictional one...
See that's the point I am trying to drive home...because I am not and still hooked..I am least romantic in life...but still I gave a similar explanation for love as you did...I kept it very brief though...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sumeeta

tvbuf IF-Sizzlerz
tvbuf
tvbuf

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
And that is why they have brought in a writer to see if its possible to strecth the story any more. A writer who says all stories reach a saturation point at 400 episodes. A writer who has worked for Ekta serials (dont we all love those seials Ouch ), a writer who might be wrapping up the love-story soon to write about the other challenges of life. Kasauti Zindagi Ki   or whatever he wants to call the post marriage challenges.

So perhaps the rumor that the show is wrapping up have some truth to them Ouch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sumeetaS.Stephy

anitamalik IF-Stunnerz
anitamalik
anitamalik

Saraswatichandra Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Agree as always with your posts. I'm disappointed by today's episode but that doesn't stop me from hoping and knowing the storyline will pick up again soon...that Arnav-Khushi still have a long way to go in this story..many more hurdles, but the problem is that some of the audience doesn't have patience, whereas some do. If a episode is bad you immediately see posts saying " END THE SHOW, Sanaya please leave, Barun leave, What the FREAK is this?!?!"--which is really annoying. You apparently love the show, but you show your love like that...no faith or trust in it at all, which is just sad- I'm generally speaking btw lol. Lovely post!

-Reva-

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:04pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by momma1128

Not really.  The failing in this serial is that there is no point to anything being shown except to glorify an evil man and his cruelties and deceits.  This aspect of the story ran its course.  But they reintroduced it, neither was there justice and neither was the love story tied up.  The show acheived no plot closure in 15 months.

The show is not being watched by those in the TRP audience for this anymore.  The longer Shyam is kept around unpunished, the more this show will fail.

The failing is not that love story has an expiration date.  It's that the writers wrote out the love of the love story.
Shyam is the only villian we have...and he is much loved (he is one of the best villians on telly right now)...he gets to us...coz he is very very effective...and which production house in the world wants to let go of such a fantastic villian in a hurry...as i see it...this disease called shyam will plague this love story in one form or the other...as long as there are arshi...shyam and anjali will be there too...of course in varied forms...and i wouldnt say...no closure...he was exposed to arnav...to nani..to the rest of the family members and thrown out...so it was partial closure...and now if we want full closure ...we have to let this angle develop..let him come in...do his worse and get caught red handed...its a daily soap...like love takes a long time to blossom...villiany will take a little longer to be punished...Wink

And no the love is not written out...on the contrary this whole week...arshi have been together like never before...they have actually become a couple in the true sense...facing it all ...no love has taken a new dimension...but its still there..

I respect your point of view but it is a hard sell.  Love is not there in the way it should be because they have shifted focus completely.  The remarriage was not for ArHi but as a scene setting for Shyam.

My saas watched this show for ASR and Kh.  She was very much into Arnav.  The CVs have miscalculated.  In the midst of a happy wedding on another channel, they introduced Shyam.  My saas shut off the IPK that day and has not returned since.  She even said, they needlessly dragged this, they should have killed him.  She is not a youth oriented crowd.  She does watch SNS but she watched IPK NOT for the saas-bahu element because it is done better on another channel.  The PH does not know the audience.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sumeetasopheeS.Stephypremparbattvbuf

eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
@bong girl...i beg to differ...love through the years has to change to survive...i cannot love my hubby like i loved him when i was 19 or 20...god forbid...it would drive him up the walls...or my kids...i cannot love a preteen like a i lover her when she was a baby...nope...she won't take that kind of protectiveness...she would find it suffocating...true love lasts...why...coz it changes and adapts with time...at one point my daughter needed a nurturer and a protector...and one stage she needed a teacher...and this stage she needs a friend..most...and one fine day...she will become my mother and take care of me...love as u say stays forever...but as i say...it still has to change...Smile

-Reva-

dieforasr IF-Rockerz
dieforasr
dieforasr

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:07pm | IP Logged

Be it reel or real...the sole problems with love stories is...they dont last long...they have a very limited shelf life...and a very quick expiry date...cynical...bitter...but true...lets take a look...

A boy meets girl...they feel attracted...deny...fight...still cant help it...finally give in and give up...come together...bliss...sheer heaven on earth..whats next...eventually commitment...lets get married...with marriage...responsibilities...and of course if you enter the joint family system...family issues...financial restraints...work tensions...babies..and once u have kids...god help you LOL (love them but no one can deny that they are anything but cupids...they take a toll on any marriage...coz once and for all mother comes first...wife will always come a close second...)...In essence u realize after years...that the love story ended way back...where real life started...the dream ended...

Now lets look at the reel...they love to focus on the first initial stages...boy meets girl...fights...denials..problems...attraction..coz this is the best phase...in each and every show...the biggest TRP garners...this phase without fail puts the show on its top...the sweet ..exciting...devilish falling in love phase...its like a drug...an addiction...and so is exploited to the fullest by both the makers and the audiecne...after all the whole world loves lovers...confession...the dating phase...the before marriage courtship phase...wedding...honeymoon...wow...fantastic...one year spent in bliss...now ...but what now????...

Again the same issue...coz one day..if we move along with the story..a love story cannot and will not remain a love story...with time and progression it will become a family drama...we will have to step in real life..in a family with members...with issues...with other characters ...that will intrude...problems ..frustrations...now here if you have a family drama saga...u are all set..u have a horde of kakas..mamas..masis...dadas and nanis and one by one they will make their and the leads lives miserable..and the show keeps on running for years and years...but unfortunately if like an idiot u wanted and promised a love story...u are so dead...and so is your show...

A production house that focuses on a love story will meet a dead end...sooner than later...for the simple reason that a love story will remain so for a 100 or at the max 200 episodes..but beyond that even Shakespeare will have to give up..or imagine a pride and prejudice running for 300+ episodes...Darcy will be changing nappies...and criticizing darling Lizzie's home cooked experiments too...and I have always wondered how Romeo and Juliet would have fared had they survived and married...pretty mundane and routine..Wink

There is only so far a love story can be stretched...that is the reason why all fairy tales where the princess meets her prince ends at a dream wedding...and we always read.. they lived happily ever after ..but the story ends there...never seen a fairy tale romance beyond that point...so...only two options...either end it on a beautiful note...or continue the story with new shades...show progression...show growth with all its hues...some dark some light.. ...get ready for change...

Yes..this is a crucial stage..for the production and for us...either we give up..we only wanted the love story and its ending..so we shut the book or the TV...or we move on with our favorite couple..through the roller coaster ride of life..coz no love story lasts forever!

Honey although every love story has expiery date..but in IPKKND ..still every single bit of Love isn't shown so far..till now it was only love-hate story...which earned so much appreciation..Love story has begin just now..I think CV messed up every thing...they killed the story...It can't expired normally
Anarocksick IF-Rockerz
Anarocksick
Anarocksick

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
exactlyyy!!! i was thinking the same thing for the past 6 months!...thanks for putting it in words
eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BigIPKKNDFan

And that is why they have brought in a writer to see if its possible to strecth the story any more. A writer who says all stories reach a saturation point at 400 episodes. A writer who has worked for Ekta serials (dont we all love those seials Ouch ), a writer who might be wrapping up the love-story soon to write about the other challenges of life. Kasauti Zindagi Ki   or whatever he wants to call the post marriage challenges.

So perhaps the rumor that the show is wrapping up have some truth to them Ouch
hope not...sincerely hope not...dont scare me buddy...!!

Here i want to point out a choice we viewers have...any show ...after a while loses its freshness...u feel the stretch...the illogical extension of the story...some prefer to quit giving their show a glorious ..short and sweet death and move on to greener pastures...some viewers are optimists giving it more time...or more loyal taking into stride the fact that this happens when a fav show is around for so long and make compromises...and allowances...

Go to top