Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

because all love stories come with an expiry date! (Page 8)

eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dnyd

Well put. The problem is not what they are showing. My all means show the Shyam Anjali crap. But why the assassination or stupidification of KHushi. I mean if she was doing something out of ignorance that's different. She knows Shyam is capable of murder. If cheating on your wife lying bigamy are lesser sins, does kidnap and attempt to murder fall under the same category??
Then the over obsession of the whole family with Di. Why can't we see some normal behavior here. Then they highlight the glorification of Di with the degradation of the daughter in laws. In a modern ubber rich family how many men can stand for name calling of their wife's. Yes if this was a village story where all sins were to be punished by a sarpanch and women were going to a well to fill water we may have been able to connect to the story. The problem here is we are loosing connection with the characters and the story. Lots of people are attached to the characters and the ph and Cvs are certainly playing with the sentiments of the audience. Many people have been loyal customers of thier product for over a year. They have taken their work to great heights globally. Look at the response online. Look at the love their leads are garnering. Instead of appreciating their audience theybare shoving their perspectives down pir throath. They can show all of this with a bit more subtlety an elegance. Fine tell your story but stop with the Di drama or hone it down a bit. Give Khushi atleast a man who appreciates her not only in his thoughts and bed room. Make him step forward to uphold her dignity and respect. But no. Dadi insults Khushi. The great ASR sees it. Sees the tears. Ignore . It's all about Di. Who does that?? Which man
Who claims to be so in love does that. All the time. We wanted redemption. We got scraps. Fine u wanna show redemption. Make ASR a real man who stands up to honor his wife. The woman he wronged and Hurt. The woman who he called characterless. Due to his actions the world can now point fingers at her.

The problem is not that all what is shown cannot or should not be shown. The problem lies in the fact that we have lost faith in the cvs. Since justice has never been served will it be served now??! Why only against Shyam will Arnav ever find out that Di was having meds and eating while the whole family was worried about her an treating her like queen bee. Will Arnav realize that while he was putting his Di above all Khushi was being silently abused??? Anyhow. The problem is not the story. The problem is our faith that we r loosing on the CVS style of story telling.
all i can say is that...these very same characters were acceptable and are acceptable if arshi is going good and strong...if u have noticed...when we get fantastic arshi scenes...all our greivances go out of the window...they are the USP...this week has been hell here..coz it was solely concentrating on other factors...and hell we pay the price here...Big smile

What u are talking about are the fine nuances of story telling...but i have noticed one thing...its not only with this show...but with each and every show (my mom watches them...not me...LOL)...the first few months every single detail is paid attention too...the work..be it camera...script..costumes..acting...is outstanding...but as wear and tear occurs...the inital shine fades...the veneer is scraped off...in this regards this show is very natural and the show makers human...it would have shocked me if this were not the case...yes...what we want has not been delivered...and so as a resul whatever they are delivering has become unacceptable...what a deadlock!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sumeeta

eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by momma1128

Not really.  The failing in this serial is that there is no point to anything being shown except to glorify an evil man and his cruelties and deceits.  This aspect of the story ran its course.  But they reintroduced it, neither was there justice and neither was the love story tied up.  The show acheived no plot closure in 15 months.

The show is not being watched by those in the TRP audience for this anymore.  The longer Shyam is kept around unpunished, the more this show will fail.

The failing is not that love story has an expiration date.  It's that the writers wrote out the love of the love story.
Shyam is the only villian we have...and he is much loved (he is one of the best villians on telly right now)...he gets to us...coz he is very very effective...and which production house in the world wants to let go of such a fantastic villian in a hurry...as i see it...this disease called shyam will plague this love story in one form or the other...as long as there are arshi...shyam and anjali will be there too...of course in varied forms...and i wouldnt say...no closure...he was exposed to arnav...to nani..to the rest of the family members and thrown out...so it was partial closure...and now if we want full closure ...we have to let this angle develop..let him come in...do his worse and get caught red handed...its a daily soap...like love takes a long time to blossom...villiany will take a little longer to be punished...Wink

And no the love is not written out...on the contrary this whole week...arshi have been together like never before...they have actually become a couple in the true sense...facing it all ...no love has taken a new dimension...but its still there..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Reva-sumeeta

eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Didikisaut

Originally posted by eveline

Originally posted by bong.girl

Originally posted by eveline

Disagree completely...
are u married...???LOL..u sound such an optimist...i m sure u are still young..just kidding!!
I am neither too young nor old...just the right age...

please check my reasoning...

Dear TM,

Age or Marital status has nothing to do with Love. It is a feeling. It a language which even a a dumb animal can understand. We are after all human beings. How can we remain unaffected by this wonderful drug? Babies can understand nothing but the language of love. They have no words. Yet they are intuitive enough to understand the feeling of love.

As Ghalib himself put it,

Ishq Par Zor Nahin Hai Yeh Woh Aatish 'Ghalib'
Ke Lagaye Na Lage Aur Bujhaye Na Bane

There is not much emphasis on love, this is that flame, 'Ghalib'
That in trying to keep it is not kept, in trying to douse it is not doused

Dear responder...yes love is ageless and timeless...but lets not forget that with time...the shades of love change...the texture of love changes too...i love my parent...as a baby that love was very dependant...as a child it changed to something else...as i grew into a teenager...love took another shade...today the same love for my parents has strenghthened beyond belief as i m a parent too...and understand them more than i ever did...i love my parents...and this reality is the same from birth to death...but with each passing year...this love has still changed...subtly...

And when we talk about the love between a man and a woman...it is the most varied of all...the most turbulent and dynamic kind of love from all...
Again i think i have responded to u already regarding this...
Are you married dear...because you also used the word shade and parents

I am not yet married by the way...please ignore if you don't want to reply I am cool...
LOL...oh that is so obvious from my post...only one who has gone through the various phases of a love story...can be so hooked to a fictional one...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Reva-sumeetasophee-DKS-

premparbat IF-Rockerz
premparbat
premparbat

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Hi eve

Yes all love stories havean expiration therefore do not expect this show to go on and on...the reason they have been able to stretch is so far along is that they have only focused on the hate part and the love hasn't been worked on at all.

Point on case the ILU. ..I understand the first time when Arnie said it to her...why was the second time it done in such a hurry ?   The Arnie redemption a perfect time for the couple to grow , learn and forgive...wasted on drama...the contract marriage ..the way it ended was so disappointing ...and now the real one ..what a waste ..if you did not intend to do it in a grand fashion why do half of the functions that too half hearted... 

Everything Hiru lately has been half hearted. We have had 2 SRs. With no outcome...several attempts to kiss...no outcome...and recently that date. Could be done so beautifully was totally trashed...

What I am saying that  IPK is no longer a lovestory but drama...had they continued on the love story and bought it to a point of. Happily ever after..I would have accepted it and moved on...

I have read PP. so many times and it is still so fry for me coz the end was left to my imagination.  I am willing to do it here it give a ole story at least...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sumeetamaalooS.Stephy

sumeeta Senior Member
sumeeta
sumeeta

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by momma1128

Not really.  The failing in this serial is that there is no point to anything being shown except to glorify an evil man and his cruelties and deceits.  This aspect of the story ran its course.  But they reintroduced it, neither was there justice and neither was the love story tied up.  The show acheived no plot closure in 15 months.

The show is not being watched by those in the TRP audience for this anymore.  The longer Shyam is kept around unpunished, the more this show will fail.

The failing is not that love story has an expiration date.  It's that the writers wrote out the love of the love story.
Absolutely true..why do they show the negative always so strong (like the Daadi...God help me..she's getting unbearble day by day.) and successful..even if teh truth is out..no irrepairable damage is done to them(I mean Shyaam)..
He tried to kill Shashi and he is stil bed-ridden...till date no one knows Shyam did it
He got engaged to Khushi and when hr family got to know the fact, he remained Scott-free
He tried to kill Anjali(during Akash wedding)...NOBODY has the slightest hint!!!
He tried to kill Arnav..Khushi-NK shouted on top of their voices...nothing much happened to Shyam
He has again tried to kill Anjali and ACTUALLY killed his own baby..and the CVs have not bothered to show anybody finding teh glass pieces or her missing shoes...

I think it is relly irksome...a positive serial (which IPKKND was promised to be) deserves to show the Villian FAIL MISERABLY...THRASHED BRUTALLY and  HURT/LOOSE BEYOND REPAIR...
eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bong.girl

Thank you  Fairyliquidsoap / Swathi. You know why. Hug

Sometimes you just need someone to show you the way in the dark, thanks Fairy for being my Guardian Angel. 

I once asked  her a similar question and thanks to her today I have no doubt in my mind that love is forever. 
hey...where's fairy...did i miss her comment??? i would love to discuss this with her...
meshas Goldie
meshas
meshas

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
how time do they need evelyn,? they've had enough time from my POV, I think many viewers have reached the point of no return.

Everybody keeps saying have patience, things will be back on track, but seeing this weeks track, doesn't look like it and I only hope that Khushi tells Arnav the truth about seeing Shyamu sneaking out of RM, otherwise for she looses the very core of her character "Honesty", Khushi never lies.

I agree the show can't survive just on a love story, but things could've been handled differently? Who am I to say this, they know better I guess?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sumeeta

eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by premparbat

Hi eve

Yes all love stories havean expiration therefore do not expect this show to go on and on...the reason they have been able to stretch is so far along is that they have only focused on the hate part and the love hasn't been worked on at all.

Point on case the ILU. ..I understand the first time when Arnie said it to her...why was the second time it done in such a hurry ?   The Arnie redemption a perfect time for the couple to grow , learn and forgive...wasted on drama...the contract marriage ..the way it ended was so disappointing ...and now the real one ..what a waste ..if you did not intend to do it in a grand fashion why do half of the functions that too half hearted... 

Everything Hiru lately has been half hearted. We have had 2 SRs. With no outcome...several attempts to kiss...no outcome...and recently that date. Could be done so beautifully was totally trashed...

What I am saying that  IPK is no longer a lovestory but drama...had they continued on the love story and bought it to a point of. Happily ever after..I would have accepted it and moved on...

I have read PP. so many times and it is still so fry for me coz the end was left to my imagination.  I am willing to do it here it give a ole story at least...
i think that would be better...and after one stage..i will end up doing the same...i will give a beautiful befitting ending to this tale in my imagination...and leave it at that...but for now...i still want to give it some time...or as forum members would say more rope to hang themselves..LOL

The feeling is that we are gettin nowhere...just going round in circles...but practically whatever we want or they say...shyam and anjali are here to stay...and as long as they are around...there will alwasy be partial closure..coz full justice will mean happily ever after...and the biggest problem is picture abhi baaki hai mere dost...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Reva-sumeetapremparbat

Go to top