Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

because all love stories come with an expiry date! (Page 14)

sophee Goldie
sophee
sophee

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Another lovely post EvelineClap And there you were thinking it didn't generate enough responses???By the time I got to it 12 pages have already been filled outLOL

Agree with your reasoning. Love stories can be stretched only so far and yes we had a beautiful phase in IPKKND. Don't remember such intense moments in a telly love saga. They did set standards and became a rage globally. The peeve now is that the CVs appear lost. They have no idea how to take their story forward. And yes they seem a bit reluctant to close their loops. Its high time that Shyam is especially exposed to Anjali. He is one of the most repulsive villains we've seen in a long time so need not make an exit from the show but his true colors need to be seen by all. 15 months!!! Man that's an eternity for a daily soap! The Cvs somewhere have lost their bearings. In search of TRPs and new audience they are losing their loyal fan base. Not a good sign. The scenes seem disjointed jumping from one track to the other. Was so looking forward to the opening scene today after they ended it at a promising note last night. But alas! It seemed as if nothing had passed between Arnav and KhushiConfused These are little disappointments for the followers of the show. 
Like you I still have my faith in CVs coz I still believe they can salvage the situation. But they'll have to do it fast coz the audience is not very patient. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Reva-sumeeta

sumeeta Senior Member
sumeeta
sumeeta

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by eveline

Originally posted by revareva007

Fantastic post...I  agree completely... I always knew that this story will turn into a family drama(and evry love story has to as u said:)) at some point...This is that point now...I  agree with u that once the confession is done in a love story, its really hard to sell  it and cater to all the types of audience...so makers have to take turns and  take the story forward( yes i know these turns are becoming overly dragged these days ;))...But we as viewers should have patience rather than making posts of quitting after each average/bad episodes ...I as a loyal viewer have faith in the makers that they will be back with showing the A-K getting stronger as couple by facing the shyam turmoil...I am ready to give them some more time...:)...I dont want to judge them by each and every episode as we dont judge a book by reading every single page...Hope i made some sense !!!
ah...finally the response i wanted to read...thanks a ton...for understanding what my post was all about...Smile
NOW THAT'S NOT FAIR..C'mon..read the thread from the beginning..I  liked it before reading the entire text and simply the topic... I too completely agree with your post...
I was bashed in another thread 'coz I told them to be patient and give time as it is simply an intermediary phase... You got me all wrong !
Just hope..the CVs clear their head and bring the story back on track... 
-Reva- Senior Member
-Reva-
-Reva-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by revareva007

Fantastic post...I  agree completely... I always knew that this story will turn into a family drama(and evry love story has to as u said:)) at some point...This is that point now...I  agree with u that once the confession is done in a love story, its really hard to sell  it and cater to all the types of audience...so makers have to take turns and  take the story forward( yes i know these turns are becoming overly dragged these days ;))...But we as viewers should have patience rather than making posts of quitting after each average/bad episodes ...I as a loyal viewer have faith in the makers that they will be back with showing the A-K getting stronger as couple by facing the shyam turmoil...I am ready to give them some more time...:)...I dont want to judge them by each and every episode as we dont judge a book by reading every single page...Hope i made some sense !!!
ah...finally the response i wanted to read...thanks a ton...for understanding what my post was all about...Smile

After all the negativity in the forum(which is not new) ur post made me to say what i wanted to...Thanks for making a sensible post...Hope many understand the points u made rather than just arguing "out" of the point.

Edited by revareva007 - 07 September 2012 at 2:29pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sumeeta

sumeeta Senior Member
sumeeta
sumeeta

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sophee72

Another lovely post EvelineClap And there you were thinking it didn't generate enough responses???By the time I got to it 12 pages have already been filled outLOL

Agree with your reasoning. Love stories can be stretched only so far and yes we had a beautiful phase in IPKKND. Don't remember such intense moments in a telly love saga. They did set standards and became a rage globally. The peeve now is that the CVs appear lost. They have no idea how to take their story forward. And yes they seem a bit reluctant to close their loops. Its high time that Shyam is especially exposed to Anjali. He is one of the most repulsive villains we've seen in a long time so need not make an exit from the show but his true colors need to be seen by all. 15 months!!! Man that's an eternity for a daily soap! The Cvs somewhere have lost their bearings. In search of TRPs and new audience they are losing their loyal fan base. Not a good sign. The scenes seem disjointed jumping from one track to the other. Was so looking forward to the opening scene today after they ended it at a promising note last night. But alas! It seemed as if nothing had passed between Arnav and KhushiConfused These are little disappointments for the followers of the show. 
Like you I still have my faith in CVs coz I still believe they can salvage the situation. But they'll have to do it fast coz the audience is not very patient. 
@ Bold...Absolutely Agree
MaddyAddy Goldie
MaddyAddy
MaddyAddy

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:32pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by MaddyAddy

Its not just the love stories that come with a expiry date, but all stories come with the same. And the best way to handle it is to end it when it ends. Just like Pride and Prejudice and, Romeo and Juliet;

All stories end at the right time, they aren't dragged needlessly losing focus, transforming characters, over ruling common sense and logic just to last longer and eventually leaving a bitter after taste. Perhaps PH needs to understand that by dragging and playing havoc with the story, they are eradicating good IPK memories, and replacing them with unpleasant ones.

If they think they cant keep it going then end it with dignity, not reduce to nonsense.
its all about money at some stage...they can end the story...within a week if they want...but as far as the channel and production house and everyone else related with the show..some 200 ppl can earn their livelihood...dignity and creativity do not stand a chance...

that is sad indeed... but nothing lasts forever.. and they will need to end it one day.

-Reva-

winnieluvsarun IF-Dazzler
winnieluvsarun
winnieluvsarun

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Didikisaut

Disagree completely...

This show may turn into a family drama but this is not the stage for it to turn into one..especially not the Di ka Drama...it hardly matters...

The show would be dead meat you say if it sticks to a love story then is it doing any better...no it is in the worst state ever.

There is so much of love story which is left..I believe it has just started as there can be many equations which can be used to justify tag line..

The problem currently is not that the leads are settling down but the story which is playing hardly has any focus on them...

completely agree with u dear 
and love never ends
Oyster IF-Sizzlerz
Oyster
Oyster

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
A well-written post, indeed. 

My only response would be that the problem with this show is the fact that the bhai-behen love story never seems to end. As far as the prince and the princess are concerned, I never saw their romantic, courtship, and honeymoon phase. Talking of fairy tales, even in Cinderella the evil sisters were never the focal point of the story even though they played a central role in the progression of the plot line. I have no objections to exploring different shades, but let not Anjali be the only shade. 

sophee

pnars Senior Member
pnars
pnars

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Eveline

I read your initial post - I don't have the patience to go through the remaining 15 pages.. what you've said is BANG ON. 

I'm enjoying the drama with Arshi.

Go to top