Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

because all love stories come with an expiry date! (Page 12)

sumeeta Senior Member
sumeeta
sumeeta

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lara3110

Regarding Shyam being a fantastic villain, it is a big question mark.  Probably, you and quite a few have the same idea but ask the viewers and you will be surprised to read their comments.  What does he do? Just narrates the lines given to him by the writer and adds a few of his mannerisms with a twitch of his nostrils and the stupid smile on his face.  There is no depth in his acting, period.

Sorry for the comments, but this is exactly what I feel as well as quite a few, in fact many more.

Once we have seen the leads in action, there is nothing at all exciting to watch anymore.  The current episodes do not enthrall us at all.

Love never dies but it matures over the years and binds the family for eternity. Where is the need for any villain, if your love is strong?

Don't we have enough of treachery, vindictiveness, horror, etc in this world? Why can't we make our lives a little different with love and understanding?  Why do we have to watch serials which give us sleepless nights? We come home for some peace, some funny moments, and try to relax and watch a nice serial, so why should we, subject ourselves to all this tension?

@Underlined (I'm happy you wrote that in bold and large fonts)

Edited by sumeeta - 07 September 2012 at 1:37pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lara3110kooltoad

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by eveline

Originally posted by Didikisaut

@DKS...if u are still around...yes if they stick with anjali and shyam...then it is a family saga...but..as u said it...if...and they know that however much they love anjali and shyam...daljeet and abhaas...they ar e not the crowd pullers...the crowd pullers were and always will be arshi...so let them enjoy their two minutes of glory...no one can take arnav and khushi's place in this show...Wink
I think it will be too late dear...as they already skipped 2-3 important tracks...now this Anjali drama is too much to handle in between a remarriage track...I don't think that people will have that much patience dear as we been dished crap after crap since April-May... 
dont know about the ppl...only trps can tell (and that too if they are not manipulated..cant trust anything these daysLOL)...but can sense that this forum has run out of patience...but then again whats new??
There is no research which is not manipulated...even drug tests are manipulated..but TRP is 95% true our deserves to out of top 10 though we clinging on to 10th spot...

The forum patience is the lowest ever..see the youtube hits...I need not watch a episode and still feel like I have missed nothing...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sumeeta

eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aadyakali

I made a post some time back on mariage and love... i may be  tagged as very cynical and  unromantic person but i hardly belive in romantic love and mariage. though married and mum of 2... for me  it was just  something i did for my mum , to repay  her for all the miseries she went thru to  give me a good life and made me what i am .Love is the most elusive feeling ever... i do not believe in  love and even less in eternal ove  ... i think all those poets and lyricist create a very misleading halo around that feeling which  in turn mislead guillible youngsters. The reality check  and delusion is a biter pill to swallow.

Anyway... that does not mean i do not love reel love stories coz i know it is just that a fictional story to entertain us... and that is what we look for in IPKKND...
When was  this show following any real life logic for it to start now!!!! We just want at least a proper slice of romance  ... but here they hrdly show 2-3 romantic epiz and then it is back to either commedy, or hate or suspense or  misery... gosh we want a break from our real life guys...as simple as that...and believe me we already have our fair  share of ronna dhonna, here, plz for pity's sake get back on track.
all i can say is...i have a love marriage...but i still agree 100% with u on some aspects...but the least said the better...

thats precisely why i started watching this show..it was fun..romantic..funny..intense..emotional...but i do know that is not all gone...a few good episodes and we can be back...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sumeetaaadyakali

eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:42pm | IP Logged

@DKS...if u are still around...yes if they stick with anjali and shyam...then it is a family saga...but..as u said it...if...and they know that however much they love anjali and shyam...daljeet and abhaas...they ar e not the crowd pullers...the crowd pullers were and always will be arshi...so let them enjoy their two minutes of glory...no one can take arnav and khushi's place in this show...Wink
I think it will be too late dear...as they already skipped 2-3 important tracks...now this Anjali drama is too much to handle in between a remarriage track...I don't think that people will have that much patience dear as we been dished crap after crap since April-May... 
dont know about the ppl...only trps can tell (and that too if they are not manipulated..cant trust anything these daysLOL)...but can sense that this forum has run out of patience...but then again whats new??
There is no research which is not manipulated...even drug tests are manipulated..but TRP is 95% true our deserves to out of top 10 though we clinging on to 10th spot...

The forum patience is the lowest ever..see the youtube hits...I need not watch a episode and still feel like I have missed nothing...
u know dks...to make a long story short...it is going wrong right now...but it can still be fixed...its not irredeemable yet...they have give us a beautiful love story...lets give them something in return...we gave them time...and attention...maybe now they need some TLC and patience...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sumeeta-Reva-sophee-DKS-

sumeeta Senior Member
sumeeta
sumeeta

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:48pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sumeeta

Originally posted by momma1128

Originally posted by momma1128

Not really.  The failing in this serial is that there is no point to anything being shown except to glorify an evil man and his cruelties and deceits.  This aspect of the story ran its course.  But they reintroduced it, neither was there justice and neither was the love story tied up.  The show acheived no plot closure in 15 months.

The show is not being watched by those in the TRP audience for this anymore.  The longer Shyam is kept around unpunished, the more this show will fail.

The failing is not that love story has an expiration date.  It's that the writers wrote out the love of the love story.
Shyam is the only villian we have...and he is much loved (he is one of the best villians on telly right now)...he gets to us...coz he is very very effective...and which production house in the world wants to let go of such a fantastic villian in a hurry...as i see it...this disease called shyam will plague this love story in one form or the other...as long as there are arshi...shyam and anjali will be there too...of course in varied forms...and i wouldnt say...no closure...he was exposed to arnav...to nani..to the rest of the family members and thrown out...so it was partial closure...and now if we want full closure ...we have to let this angle develop..let him come in...do his worse and get caught red handed...its a daily soap...like love takes a long time to blossom...villiany will take a little longer to be punished...Wink

And no the love is not written out...on the contrary this whole week...arshi have been together like never before...they have actually become a couple in the true sense...facing it all ...no love has taken a new dimension...but its still there..

I respect your point of view but it is a hard sell.  Love is not there in the way it should be because they have shifted focus completely.  The remarriage was not for ArHi but as a scene setting for Shyam.

My saas watched this show for ASR and Kh.  She was very much into Arnav.  The CVs have miscalculated.  In the midst of a happy wedding on another channel, they introduced Shyam.  My saas shut off the IPK that day and has not returned since.  She even said, they needlessly dragged this, they should have killed him.  She is not a youth oriented crowd.  She does watch SNS but she watched IPK NOT for the saas-bahu element because it is done better on another channel.  The PH does not know the audience.
I guess they know their audience, but they're confused about who to cater to...Most of us writing here are surely repelled by Ekta Kapoor(EK) stuff(but we contribute only a tiny fraction to the TRPs, I suppose)..but there're are other s who like EK and they are huge contributers to the TRP..so if SP decides to keep catering to this large chunk..ekta kapoor crap will continue..and Nayee Soch of SP will be scorned at...
sorry to butt in..hope m forgiven...just wante to say one thing...however much i hate her shows...never watched any...and scoffed at them...even i cannot deny that her brand of nonsense was popular...and still is...she is undoubtedly the biggest producer indian televison ever saw...at one time she was running 10 successful soaps on TV...gosh imagine that...

Hey..U're welcome ..congrats for posting this topic..I absolutely loved it..
coming to your reply..I am only saying that the PH is confused about what class of viewer's are they catering to...ppl like us who are die-hard romantics or the bunch tht watched EK stuff..b'coz I don't remember hearing (as I never watched any myself) about any of her shows that the leads stayed together for long..or together or any of her creations being a happy love story...It is important to keep in mind as a creator "What is your creation doing to your viewers?"
As Lara just said..Can't we hv sm peace and hope and happiness after watching a show,( as there's already too much of pain in the world around)
IPK started with this note..and now they are shifting their focus on the kind of viewers who find EK serials appreciative...

Edited by sumeeta - 07 September 2012 at 1:50pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tvbuf

eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
@sumeeta...there is one vast difference between ekta and IPKKND...whatever the situation the leads here have not been seperated at all...other than the kidnap track...they have been together..always...that is one postivie usp of this show...that they show diffrences but parting of ways...nope...

and this show has had phases ...there have been times of intense pain...like Diwali ..and heartbroken khushi...arhi marriage...kidnap...and now miscarriage...(and whatever we might say..this is huge)...but in between we have lighter moments...funny and cute and romantic...the balance has been very well maintained...keeping my fingers crossed for the future...hope the learn from their past mistakes...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Reva-sumeetakooltoadtvbuf

-Reva- Senior Member
-Reva-
-Reva-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Fantastic post...I  agree completely... I always knew that this story will turn into a family drama(and evry love story has to as u said:)) at some point...This is that point now...I  agree with u that once the confession is done in a love story, its really hard to sell  it and cater to all the types of audience...so makers have to take turns and  take the story forward( yes i know these turns are becoming overly dragged these days ;))...But we as viewers should have patience rather than making posts of quitting after each average/bad episodes ...I as a loyal viewer have faith in the makers that they will be back with showing the A-K getting stronger as couple by facing the shyam turmoil...I am ready to give them some more time...:)...I dont want to judge them by each and every episode as we dont judge a book by reading every single page...Hope i made some sense !!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sumeetakooltoadeveline

eveline IF-Sizzlerz
eveline
eveline

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by revareva007

Fantastic post...I  agree completely... I always knew that this story will turn into a family drama(and evry love story has to as u said:)) at some point...This is that point now...I  agree with u that once the confession is done in a love story, its really hard to sell  it and cater to all the types of audience...so makers have to take turns and  take the story forward( yes i know these turns are becoming overly dragged these days ;))...But we as viewers should have patience rather than making posts of quitting after each average/bad episodes ...I as a loyal viewer have faith in the makers that they will be back with showing the A-K getting stronger as couple by facing the shyam turmoil...I am ready to give them some more time...:)...I dont want to judge them by each and every episode as we dont judge a book by reading every single page...Hope i made some sense !!!
ah...finally the response i wanted to read...thanks a ton...for understanding what my post was all about...Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Reva-sumeetakooltoad

Go to top