because all love stories come with an expiry date!

Posted: 11 years ago
Be it reel or real...the sole problems with love stories is...they dont last long...they have a very limited shelf life...and a very quick expiry date...cynical...bitter...but true...lets take a look...

A boy meets girl...they feel attracted...deny...fight...still cant help it...finally give in and give up...come together...bliss...sheer heaven on earth..whats next...eventually commitment...lets get married...with marriage...responsibilities...and of course if you enter the joint family system...family issues...financial restraints...work tensions...babies..and once u have kids...god help you 😆 (love them but no one can deny that they are anything but cupids...they take a toll on any marriage...coz once and for all mother comes first...wife will always come a close second...)...In essence u realize after years...that the love story ended way back...where real life started...the dream ended...

Now lets look at the reel...they love to focus on the first initial stages...boy meets girl...fights...denials..problems...attraction..coz this is the best phase...in each and every show...the biggest TRP garners...this phase without fail puts the show on its top...the sweet ..exciting...devilish falling in love phase...its like a drug...an addiction...and so is exploited to the fullest by both the makers and the audiecne...after all the whole world loves lovers...confession...the dating phase...the before marriage courtship phase...wedding...honeymoon...wow...fantastic...one year spent in bliss...now ...but what now????...

Again the same issue...coz one day..if we move along with the story..a love story cannot and will not remain a love story...with time and progression it will become a family drama...we will have to step in real life..in a family with members...with issues...with other characters ...that will intrude...problems ..frustrations...now here if you have a family drama saga...u are all set..u have a horde of kakas..mamas..masis...dadas and nanis and one by one they will make their and the leads lives miserable..and the show keeps on running for years and years...but unfortunately if like an idiot u wanted and promised a love story...u are so dead...and so is your show...

A production house that focuses on a love story will meet a dead end...sooner than later...for the simple reason that a love story will remain so for a 100 or at the max 200 episodes..but beyond that even Shakespeare will have to give up..or imagine a pride and prejudice running for 300+ episodes...Darcy will be changing nappies...and criticizing darling Lizzie's home cooked experiments too...and I have always wondered how Romeo and Juliet would have fared had they survived and married...pretty mundane and routine..😉

There is only so far a love story can be stretched...that is the reason why all fairy tales where the princess meets her prince ends at a dream wedding...and we always read.. they lived happily ever after ..but the story ends there...never seen a fairy tale romance beyond that point...so...only two options...either end it on a beautiful note...or continue the story with new shades...show progression...show growth with all its hues...some dark some light.. ...get ready for change...

Yes..this is a crucial stage..for the production and for us...either we give up..we only wanted the love story and its ending..so we shut the book or the TV...or we move on with our favorite couple..through the roller coaster ride of life..coz no love story lasts forever!
Edited by eveline - 11 years ago
Originally posted by spaakid

Amazing post.
thanks...but looking at the response...not many think so...😆!!
Eve..good one.. 

I totally get you when you say that the love story ends when the real life sneaks in.. its all very much true.. But in this reel one, the leads haven't had a love story..How much time have they spent together after they both openly declared their love for each other? Thats what is getting to me the most.
Its like dono ne i lau kaha.. aur bas shuru ho gaya drama which is testing the strength of their commitment to each other..
Yesterday, the episode managed to capture the essence of what they were feeling for each other eventhough they were in the same frame for less than 5 mins.. What happened today? I didn't see any love or understanding.. There was no continuity in the feel at all.. 
Trust me, had this drama unfolded after a few days more of some couple quality time together, everybody could have stomached it a bit more. 
Pehle dono jhagadthe the.. phir lil bit of flirting ke baad MU hua, aur contractwaali shaadi bhi hogayi.. then juda bhi hue.. aur dono pyar ka matlab samajhne laga.. but werent declaring it openly.. then they did..asli shaadi ke liye both got ready..and beech mein hi itni saari drama ... . somehow it feels its all too much too soon.
The real love story never started.. let alone get stretched.. and thats the reason for all this angst.  

Sorry for the rant.. I know you were trying to make a objective post here.. 😛
Disagree completely...

This show may turn into a family drama but this is not the stage for it to turn into one..especially not the Di ka Drama...it hardly matters...

The show would be dead meat you say if it sticks to a love story then is it doing any better...no it is in the worst state ever.

There is so much of love story which is left..I believe it has just started as there can be many equations which can be used to justify tag line..

The problem currently is not that the leads are settling down but the story which is playing hardly has any focus on them...
Edited by Didikisaut - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Didikisaut

Disagree completely...
are u married...???😆..u sound such an optimist...i m sure u are still young..just kidding!!
Love does NOT have an expiration date! If that was true parents would have abandoned their children once they stopped loving them. If it comes with an expiration date, it was never love to begin with.  Edited by bong.girl - 11 years ago
and m gonna continue with their roller coaster journey...coz love story doesnt end with realization of love alone...it needs to mature...bear the impact of worse situations around...and keep growing with life..Thats how real life is n thats wat i guess is happening in reel now..
Nice post! Agree with you completely. Although, I don't hate the current track, I think people are miffed about how the female characters are shown, now, in the show!  I think we all would have loved a strong Anjali!  I was looking through some of the prev eps.  I think 3 aug was te original writers (ved raj, sudhir kumar) lat episode! Daadi entry was after that..and really I think the show went downhill from there.  The whole remarriage stuff I didn't like!
   Not sure how they will dig themselves out of this.  Instead of melodrama, it would be nice if they show it to be mysterious! Hw were their parents killed ( was it really suicide or something else)
Originally posted by maaloo

Eve..good one.. 

I totally get you when you say that the love story ends when the real life sneaks in.. its all very much true.. But in this reel one, the leads haven't had a love story..How much time have they spent together after they both openly declared their love for each other? Thats what is getting to me the most.
Its like dono ne i lau kaha.. aur bas shuru ho gaya drama which is testing the strength of their commitment to each other..
Yesterday, the episode managed to capture the essence of what they were feeling for each other eventhough they were in the same frame for less than 5 mins.. What happened today? I didn't see any love or understanding.. There was no continuity in the feel at all.. 
Trust me, had this drama unfolded after a few days more of some couple quality time together, everybody could have stomached it a bit more. 
Pehle dono jhagadthe the.. phir lil bit of flirting ke baad MU hua, aur contractwaali shaadi bhi hogayi.. then juda bhi hue.. aur dono pyar ka matlab samajhne laga.. but werent declaring it openly.. then they did..asli shaadi ke liye both got ready..and beech mein hi itni saari drama ... . somehow it feels its all too much too soon.
The real love story never started.. let alone get stretched.. and thats the reason for all this angst.  

Sorry for the rant.. I know you were trying to make a objective post here.. 😛
I have to agree with you here...the drama totally overpowered the love...even before it started...were the cvs in a hurry because of the slipping TRPs..maybe in their bid to attract the drama loving audience...they destroyed the faith of the loyal ones...but ..i will still give it some time...coz once this phase is over...they have no other choice but to return to arshi...coz there never was..and never will be a story possible without these two...
Originally posted by eveline

are u married...???😆..u sound such an optimist...i m sure u are still young..just kidding!!
I am neither too young nor old...just the right age...

please check my reasoning...