Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

OS-Hold me in your arms! - last part pg 8 (Page 4)

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 9:08am | IP Logged

Part 2

What is she thinking? And what am I thinking?

These are the two questions that have been nagging me for the last couple of days. The truth of the matter is neither of us is thinking. We have both lost our heads and don't have the guts to admit to it. Why would any doctor bring gifts for a patient who was practically a stranger? And why would any senior surgeon encourage an intern crushing on him by willingly eating food that he otherwise found disgusting? Why would any wife encourage another woman to flirt with her husband? And why would any husband stand by and watch while another man flirted with his wife? Where were we going with this? When would this come to an end? Would it ever come to an end?

Love was supposed to elevate a person, or so I had thought. I am shocked to find how mean spirited it had made me. I had almost twisted a patient's hand the other day, just because he relentlessly flirted with my wife.  Why could I have not just told the boy to lay off? Why could I not pull her to my side right in front of his eyes and declare to him that she was mine and mine alone? Why was I encouraging a silly young girl to fall in love with me? I had always prided myself on being professional and fair. What I was doing now was neither fair nor professional? And I was doing it simply because I thought she had dared me to it? Why had she dared me indirectly? Why had she not warned the airhead to stay clear of her territory? Wasn't I hers and wasn't she mine? Why were we both playing silly games instead of grabbing each other's hand and rushing to the nearest private space available? Preferably one stocked with food and drink and a good, soft bed. Actually just privacy would do. The way I am hungering for her, nothing else would matter. It is a hunger that gnaws at my insides and burns me up night and day. I am unable to sleep for fear of the burning hot dreams that make a mockery of my nights. My days are no better for my inbuilt radar is constantly scouting out her presence.  My work gets accomplished with great difficulty. I am constantly in fear that there will be a lapse in my concentration. I don't want to be in the throes of such angst but I lack the guts to admit defeat. I can see her in the throes of similar pangs but neither is she able to gather the guts to call it quits. Both of us are deriving a strange pleasure from sending each other up in flames, forgetting that the same fire is reducing the two of us to ashes too.  Love and love alone had the power to rob the sensible of their senses and reduce them to acts of sheer idiocy. The power to hurt each other beyond thought!

I am walking down the corridor towards OPD when a missile strikes me. It comes at me with such force that I see stars for a moment. The missile is a red, round ball and my assailant a little boy of about five.

A man of about forty comes running upto him and whacks him on the back. The child starts howling at the top of his voice. The father, at least I presume he is the father, starts screaming even louder if that is possible.

"Yeh Kya kardiya tu ne...tumhe pata nahi hai ki kaise behave karna chahiya public mei...kya sikhate hain tumhe school mei ...idiot...stupid...zara bhi akal nahin hai tumhe...duffer kahin ka...!"

I am so stunned by what is going on in front of me that I am unable to utter a word. Thankfully my colleague is not so dumbstruck!

"Mr Pandey...kya bacche se aisa pesh aata hai koi...I am sorry but this is ridiculous...I have a good mind to report you to the authorities for child abuse!"

My gynecologist colleague Dr Shah's voice booms from behind me.

She is spitting fire and ignoring the pleas of a heavily pregnant woman standing by her side.

The child spots the pregnant woman and comes running to her and hugs her around the waist.

The father comes running after him.

"Duffer...aise nahi karte..Mummy aur baby ko kuch hogaya toh...stupid...chodo Mummy ko...!"

The child clung to her tighter as the father tried to pull him away.

"Mr Pandey...aap yeh kya kar rahe hain...what is wrong with you?"

"Doctor, aap nahin jaante..yeh ladka bohot bigad gaya hai...jaise jaise Manju ki pregnancy advanced hoti ja rahi hai, iski harkatein bhi ajeeb hote jaa rahe hai...jab dekho kuch ulta seedha karta rehta hai...he has become very disobedient and unruly...we are not able to handle him at home...ab dekhiye...he threw his ball at Doctor sahib here and hurt him...ab main kya karoon aise bewakoof bacche ko lekar?"

He looks at me apologetically but I wave aside his protests.

"Mr Pandey, I am sorry but bewakoof aap hain,...baccha nahin!"

Dr Shah is not known to mince her words but wasn't this going too far? She was calling a patient's husband an idiot!

The man seemed to think so too for he looked at Dr Shah accusingly.  Not that she cared!

"Aap yeh bhi samaj nahi paa rahe hain ki bacche ko kya chahiye...Mr Pandey, jab se aapki wife phir se pregnant hui hai, aap logon ne apna pura dhyan is pregnancy pe lagadiye shayad...aanewale kushi ka swagat karne mei itne vyast hain aap log ki jo kushi aapke paas already hai uspe dhyan nahi de rahe hain...woh baccha hai, Mr Pandey...usko lag raha ki uske Ma Baap uspe concentrate nahi kar rahe hain...usko pyaar nahi kar rahe hain...aur bas aapke dhyaan apne or keechne ke liye woh kuch na kuch shararat karta hain...aur aap log yeh baat nahi samaj paarahe hain...ab bewakoof kaun...aap ya phir baccha...?"

The man seems just a tad shamefaced but is still disgruntled.

"Phir bhi, doctor...usko samaj mei aana chahiye ki badon ke saath kaise pesh aana chahiye...parson toh isne mujhe tamacha bhi maara...!"

"Aur aapne kya kiya? Zaroor maara hoga aapne bhi?"

The man is unable to meet her eyes.

"Mr Pandey...aap donon mei baccha kaun hai...agar woh galti bhi karta hai toh aap ko unhe pyaar se samjana chahiye...na ki usi ki tarah bachkani harkat karna chahiye...don't you understand that he is a child...how can you expect him to behave with the same level of maturity as you...why can't you see that his tantrums are only a cry for attention...he wants your love and attention...you are not giving it to him and so he is behaving badly...instead of addressing the cause, you are resorting to the same behaviour as him...is this how a sensible, mature adult behaves?"

The woman nudges her husband and he apologizes to Dr Shah.

He then lifts his son into his arms and the child promptly clings tight to him.

Dr Shah leads them away. I stand there all alone, feeling like the greatest fool on the planet!

I had failed to recognize her actions as the desperate plea for attention that they were. My Nidhi was twenty four years old but still a child at heart. And despite the maturity that my forty three years ought to have endowed me, I had behaved like a greater child than her. All she wanted was my love and attention. All her hurting words boiled down to just that. She wanted me to pick her up and cuddle her and tell her that nothing and nobody mattered more to me than her. And the idiot that I was, I had instead told her off and asked her to stop behaving like a child. Why could I not see that she was indeed a child when compared to me? Why could I not behave with enough maturity for both of us, given that I was so much older than her? Why could I not shower my baby with my love and kisses instead of the harsh words that I had flung at her? Why could I have not displayed the same maturity that I expected of her?

My legs take me to Amar's room of their own accord. I am shocked to see the empty bed. The nurse tells me that Nidhi had taken him for a stroll in the garden. I rush towards the garden when the hospital security comes running towards me.

"Sahab...kuch gundon ne Dr Nidhi ko aur us patient ko utake le gaye...hum ne rok ne ki bohot koshish ki par kuch nahi kar paaye...woh bandook chalane lage...aap jaldi police ko inform kijiye...!"

The ground seems to slip from under my feet. My stupidity had landed my wife in trouble. What was I going to do now? Would I get her back safe and sound?

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 08 September 2012 at 9:20am

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

Kuhughosh1993munaiamit1944M.L.PriyaNaiduPooliciousBinatmyerasharma.shivanihilarious44SSA777vidyasabdessss97jayasree.raoLibraniniborn2ruleshobha21ttrocksSuvika.

SSA777 Goldie
SSA777
SSA777

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Sujatha - the excitement has started...  Waiting to see how Ashu saves his Nidhi and the make up scene.Wink  Please continue soon ...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

BinatssktlkLibraSujatha.raoshobha21ttrocks

Libra IF-Rockerz
Libra
Libra

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:25am | IP Logged
That was wonderful Sujatha, what a cliffhanger.Shocked
Please update soon.Embarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SSA777shobha21Sujatha.raottrocks

vidyasabde Goldie
vidyasabde
vidyasabde

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:41am | IP Logged
that was super.Sujataji update ke liye jyada wait mat karaiye.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SSA777shobha21Libra

ssktlk Senior Member
ssktlk
ssktlk

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:45am | IP Logged
excellent sujatha, please continue :)

SSA777shobha21Libra

sharma.shivani Senior Member
sharma.shivani
sharma.shivani

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Please continue Sujatha. I like reading your posts more than watching the show these days. 

SSA777shobha21Libra

ttrocks IF-Stunnerz
ttrocks
ttrocks

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Clap Clap Clap Excellent update Sujathaji!!!  Ashu's self-contemplation is depicted so nicely!!! Loved every bit of it!!! And what a cliffhanger for keeping us readers dangling? When will be the next update available??? 

SSA777shobha21Libra

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SSA777

Sujatha - the excitement has started...  Waiting to see how Ashu saves his Nidhi and the make up scene.Wink  Please continue soon ...

Thank you Sha Smile

Go to top