Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Dear CVs... | A letter from my heart (Edited) (Page 7)

blck234 Senior Member
blck234
blck234

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Awesome post Saie . I agree with every word of yours. Watching this serial is a mere habit now which may soon fade away like old habits do.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Pearl.-

Shivani_Priyam Senior Member
Shivani_Priyam
Shivani_Priyam

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 9:55am | IP Logged
So true Pearl.This was one show on Indian Television that was hatke from the others but now it seems to be following the same ol' sam ol' storyline.At the moment I am so agitated with the track that I am acttually missing out on the episodes. CV's we love this show to the core but there is limit to tolerate everything. Don't make us cross that.And please bring back the old charm

-.Pearl.-

-.Pearl.- IF-Dazzler
-.Pearl.-
-.Pearl.-

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tia.o

1. I want to see story line that makes sense. Not forced circumstances which has no logic or validity with the story track. For example, Masala Mama. Why did he come and when did he leave? What was the purpose of that character?

2. I want to see consistency. For example, I don't want to see Anjali running like a horse without braces and shoes to the first floor poolside to switch off the light and come back record time to answer Arnav's call for his Di when in the previous episodes we have seen that she can't even stand without braces, let alone walk or run.

3. I don't want to see illogical plots. For example, Shyam's plan for miscarriage was the most idiotic plan I have ever heard, but funnily unlike the previous brilliant plans, this one was successful.

4.I don't want to see nonsensical plots. For example, Shantivan's frontal view always show security guards. Then how Shyam managed to get people to fix cameras all over the house and goes in and out without anyone seeing him is beyond my comprehension.

I am not a millionaire. But even if someone arrives to my home, my maid will never let them in without validating with me that I have called them in unless I inform her that I'm expecting these people to come. So HP letting in a bunch of workers without verifying with any member of the family is not only improbable but also impossible forget the fact that they have to get past the security guards first.

5.I don't know what happened to thefeistyKhushi who gave her friend, Preetika's in-laws piece of her mind for not behaving properly with Preetika's family. But this meek, submissive, docile Khushi, who is taking insult and humiliation for her and her family with her mouth shut, is not that Khushi I know.
Consider this my signature for the petition.

Hi Tia...

Thank you so much for the input. I agree with you on almost all the points. Masala Mama - yes - I was as surprised as you when he suddenly popped up and vanished into thin air. For a person of his volume, I figured that must have been a hell difficult task!

Jokes apart, even with us keeping it in mind constantly that it is a Hindi drama that runs for months and years at time without the seasonal breaks, the inconsistencies come by default. But there is a limit for those, the threshold should be set in such a way that the logical reasoning of the concept is not hampered. And it is unfortunate that this is exactly what has happened here with our beloved show!

Nobody wants illogical plots. I doubt the Creatives themselves wanted them in the first place. But I fail to see the reason as to why they have allowed it...

And I choose to keep mum when it comes to Khushi. I'm at a loss of words for her, especially when she was shown considering bringing Shyam back to Raizada House. There were ways to bring him back, if it was such a mandatory change for the story to move ahead, but there was absolutely no reason to kill a character like Khushi.

Thank you again for your reply. I am quoting your comment with the letter, just in case the Creatives come across this post. I'm trying for it!
-.Pearl.- IF-Dazzler
-.Pearl.-
-.Pearl.-

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pchan

I hope the IF moderators can send this to the IPKKND Creators!
It is important that they get this.
  Also i hope Payal joins the show again...can't imagine the show without her...i am sure she would have had something nice to play after this track. Frustration for the actors and directors is expected through such shows but it is important to stand through the series...i have never seen people quit shows so abruptly in american shows or british shows. Every character cannot have a meaty role but still every characters presence matters a lot.

Honestly, I'm not up for Deepali joining the show as Payal. She has taken a wise decision. But I'm sure, the Production House will find a replacement soon. I'm not blaming Deepali, or even Daljeet for considering quitting - the storyline itself would have prompted them to take such a step. If you are working day-and-night, and putting in a lot of efforts, you expect something in return. And if you don't, you weigh your options. I think this is what both of them did.

I will refrain myself from comparing English dramas with Hindi as they both have completely different formats and the daily soaps structure invites errors by default. However, I agree that there should be some logic involved, which the show currently lacks.

I'm hoping as well that this reaches the Creatives.

Thank you for your input.
-.Pearl.- IF-Dazzler
-.Pearl.-
-.Pearl.-

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nina5

This is such a well written letter, my dear. I couldn't agree more with you. While reading your letter post, I felt as if you have the ability to read many of our minds. It would not be exaggeration to say that you have clearly described our, that is to say countless number of followers/fans/viewers, feelings towards this show. 

Even though one can point out some great things that have happened lately, but they really need to tie up all the loose ends and bring it back to the mark as it has been from the beginning of the show up until the kidnapping track. IPKKND had such a great sailing (with a few exceptions) for the first 10 months of its journey; wish it goes back to it. 

There is only one thing I would beg to differ you with. Its about Shyaam's character. I say that for the most part or rather majority of the time, his characteristic, personality is very consistent. Except the time when Khushi figured out that Shyaam had been behind Arnav's kidnapping and she was easily able to trap him in her silly way to gain his trust so she could find out where Arnav had been captivated. Otherwise perfect letter; you nailed it by every word of yours.

Thank you for your input, dear... I really appreciate your response! I am quoting a part of your comment with my letter in case this reaches CVs... I hope you won't mind.

Coming to Shyam's scenario, I guess he did try being cautious, he tested her commitment before he submitted to her plans - but Khushi fooled him in all his attempts to figure out the way her mind was racing to. Maybe he was just being like that because he simply didn't fathom that there might be ulterior motive behind the oh-so-innocent Khushi who apparently tricked him into believing that she wanted revenge. I'd call it smart play from Khushi's part rather the fool-show by Shyam. 

nina5

-.Pearl.- IF-Dazzler
-.Pearl.-
-.Pearl.-

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by VasantiLad

Up to the beginning of this week I was besotted with everything that was IPK - I did not see anything wrong what so ever in anything BUT as the week wore on - I hated myself. Yes hated myself & the reason why is because I started to see flaws all of a sudden.
What really really grieves me is what they have reduced Khushi to- they have made her insipid & one dimensional. All throughout some dynamic scenes she was a piece of furniture & when she interacted with Arnav she said the most inapt mundane things. What have you done to her? I am mourning the khushi that i loved. The confrontational girl that stood up to the might of a fierce warrior in the likes of ASR - that stood in a westernised envirnoment ruled by his girlfriend & her team- that walked into an upper class household to teach that very same person the merits of being a traditional girl. This is the person that had cheek, that made us laugh with all her antics as she played jokes on all around her that sprouted best practices at every chance. This is the person that won over her contract husband whose wiles & personality won a lot of hearts.

Everybody was besotted with the show, keeping all the fingers crossed, praying, hoping for the return of magic! 

I simply loved the way you have constructed the destruction. I can't stop myself from quoting it back on the first page!

Thank you for the fabulous input!
-.Pearl.- IF-Dazzler
-.Pearl.-
-.Pearl.-

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shruti21

post it here if u want to---

FUZE
http://twitter.com/thefuzeteam

http://www.facebook.com/fuzionproductions

TOI-
https://www.facebook.com/TOIEntertain

SBS
https://www.facebook.com/saasbahuaursaazish?ref=ts

SBB
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saas-Bahu-aur-Betiyaan/207475605974620?ref=ts

METROMASTI
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saas-Bahu-aur-Betiyaan/207475605974620?ref=ts

TELLY CHAKKAR
https://www.facebook.com/TellyChakkarEditor?ref=ts

TELLY BUZZ
https://www.facebook.com/tellybuzz?ref=ts

IBN7
https://www.facebook.com/ibnkhabar?ref=ts

TV9

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TV9-HINDI/123189624446594

blogindia

http://www.bolegaindia.com/index.php

4 Lions India Forms Scrap Page (PM inbox is full):

4 Lions FB page:

Thank you for all the links hon...! :)
-.Pearl.- IF-Dazzler
-.Pearl.-
-.Pearl.-

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by asrcraze

I do wish somebody passes this on to the CVs... Though I doubt it would have any effect ! 
I sometimes have this odd feeling that they're doing everything even though they know they're killing the show !

You know what I and I think you and some other too used to be few of those fans who used to be positive even when everything went really really wrong ! 
We supported the show when the lead wasn't there for 2 months...
We...the IPK lunatics...crazy fans are slowly becoming fed up...
I think CVs should read this.. And like you said they shouldn't stretch things too far...

I still have hope :)
Waiting for them to give us our show back :)

I'm not rooting for some effect of this. I literally snapped out of my happy bubble that the show was ever going to improve when I saw Khushi's monologue about bringing Shyam back. That was when I lost all the hope I had in her and in consequence, the show! It's just a way of venting out my frustration - subtly, because I have a habit of breaking things... I'm a bit like ASR, you see! :P

Yeah, I know - I was always the one to bring some positivity about the track. I never liked people criticizing the show for whatever reasons. I didn't mind the body-doubles, I didn't mind Barun's absence, I didn't mind the comedy. But I do mind this bring-Shyam-back agenda by Khushi. That's literally character assassination! And I'm still being subtle about this!!!

We are - we truly are IPK lunatics, hoping for some change when the show has reached a breaking point, when the members of Forums are ready to give up, when the tone of audience in general is discouraging!!!

But like you said, I still have hope. This one time! 

asrcraze

Go to top