Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Dear CVs... | A letter from my heart (Edited)

-.Pearl.- IF-Dazzler
-.Pearl.-
-.Pearl.-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:06am | IP Logged

Dear CVs

I still remember that one Saturday afternoon last October when I first saw your show. You used have back-to-backs from the week on weekends then. Yours was the first Hindi drama I ever saw on television, and I'm sure there are thousands like me across the world. The construction, the arrangement, the skill and the flawlessness with which the concepts were executed made me gravitate towards IPKKND like never before.

I'm not putting across anything new to you through this letter, I'm 200% sure that you must have stumbled upon many posts here which says that they aren't happy with the way the track is going. I slightly disagree with them, for I'd always believed the show is yours - yours to decide, yours to deliver. We were just the audience, the FanClub, you can call us! If you ask us our contribution to the show, I'd say it was next to nothing. No, I don't consider myself or anybody else for that matter in the category of 'I spend 20 minutes every day, I invest in the show and thus I expect returns', because quite honestly, I spend a lot more than that! To be frank, I don't expect anything in particular from you apart from what you want to give us. 

But I feel that as an audience, I still have the right to pen down my feelings.  And that is simply because I love the show - I loved it since October, and I'd probably love it for the rest of my life...

But nevertheless, I do not and I will not contradict the content of every negative - or shall I say, the constructively criticizing posts or letters that you may have received. You have - forgive me for using this word - slaughtered some characters right before our eyes. 

I'm not somebody who has seen a lot of life, I'm just 20, and so it might not be appropriate for me to even expect myself to understand tragedies in and about life or butt into somebody's marital affairs, let it be fictitious. I do not understand the core essence of relations as you do. But even then, I feel something is amiss when I watch the episodes at the stroke of 8 - almost every single day. It hurts - I don't know why - when I tell my friends that turning on my television set has kind of become a habit, completely replacing the alluring enthusiasm and excitement that used to weave around me during the past months. Reasons? I trust you to be smart enough to figure out the problems yourself.

And still, if I force myself to point out some for you, I'd happily do it. Let me start with Khushi. I have a world full of problems with her. She feels oddly surreal - in a negative way. I used to understand her actions, I used to relate with her when she stood up against the mighty ASR day after day, I used to applaud her when she worked to provide for her family, I used to feel for her when she suffered at the hands of ASR and Shyam. Now I don't. I understand that a fictional character needn't be perfect. I know the flaws in a character need to be brought up and portrayed proficiently for that added dimension to your story. But it feels as if her character is ruined! There is a lot of difference in these two words - flawed and ruined... The balance has slowly drifted to the wrong end; it's high time that it is corrected.

Speaking of Arnav, I understand his actions to some extent. But there are just too many unsaid words, unspoken gestures and countless assumptions when I think about him. No - it wasn't like this before. Everything about him was as simple as one-two-three-four-five-and-snap! Even when you had purposely left some things hanging previously, they were still crystal clear to us. ASR - it was as if he existed in real. Someone we interacted with, someone we cried with, somebody we felt like throwing our chappals at when he played the perfect jerk! I wont say it's all gone, but the intensity has decreased with an alarming pace and now it is staring open-mouthed at an ill-defined abyss. You'd say the growing complexity of his feelings has led to this state, and I'd agree with you even then. But how would you justify the frayed ends to this one character that once used to be perfectly imperfect not long ago?

I don't want to talk about the rest - especially the track and your supporting characters. Once there used to be a flow to the story. The rhythm of the events was what gave you a million fans. Every character - significant or otherwise - stood firm as an individual. Payal used to speak out. She used to be angry. She used to defend her sister - and never once did it sound mushy-mushy or pale or helpless. Anjali's character has always had a childish edge to it, but the extent at which this oh-mumma-I-wanna-sneak-into-the-kitchen-and-eat-ice-cream-but-what-if-somebody-sees-haawww stuff had been highlighted in the current track, it kills me to see her like this!

I thank you for keeping Shyam's character consistent throughout from day one. Thank you so much! I very much appreciate it. However, I better not comment on the rest, Nani, Buaji, Shashi, Garima, Mami, Akash - because like I said, you are smart enough! And I repeat - I still have faith in you to lift the show back to its old charm.

You have something with you that made millions happy, that sent billions in dreamland. We had stuck with you through the tracks that didn't work brilliantly before and you have proved - time and again that you can rise above and clinch that top spot - not on the TRP chart, but in our hearts.

I have a question here - is it that necessary to test your audience to this level? Have you got used to taking your audience for granted for whatever track you have for us? Isn't this called something like 'stretching things a bit too far'?

You still have a beautiful show in your hands. Do miracles with it. Don't let us think that it's too late for rectification, redemption etc etc etc. Please, I beg you!

Fingers crossed that things will get better soon. I don't want to be rude or sound harsh, but this might be the last time 'ever' that your audience gives you this chance. Use it wisely.

Thank you,

An ardent fan of your show.

P.S. I request somebody with contacts with the Creatives or the Production House to pass on my letter to them. It's a sincere request! Please...

Some of the responses from the members that I had to quote for the beautiful and significant content along with some excellent suggestions...

Originally posted by Rita.C

loved your post enough to actually want to respond.

What is the exact difference in Khushi now vs earlier? To me she seems less sure of herself or her moral compass is not exactly swinging but it does not seem to speak out against things that are plain wrong. I think it would have been far more interesting if she had taken the contrary stand to the family and stood with Arnav and spoken up against Shyam and even Anjali in their behaviour = that would have caused fireworks (brought up the intensity of the serial) and kept her character consistent as someone who is honest to the core.

Arnav - well he has been shown as a confused/not so intelligent character quite often despite being painted so well. All those loopholes never closed, no attempt to keep Shyam apart from keep security guards. It's almost as if CV s have no idea what a powerful intelligent man can do. It is ridiculous that a man supposedly this rich and intelligent would not even have a private detective tailing Shyam

Its sad, the CV s could have done so much... 

Originally posted by FarighInsan

I completely agree. It's getting disappointing how the once well built characters are now losing the vibrancy of their characteristic colours and fading out, skulking away under atm "main" leads shadows.. 

Things need to be balanced out just a wee bit.. All those amazing actors could do so much more for this serial, if only they were given their due coverage, if only there were parallel, albeit shorter scenes running, with these other actors, highlighting their presence too, to uncomedically lighten the load, the grimness of d current endless main track/situation.. We love them all equally, we want to see them play their fair share.. It's not always Rabba-ve that everyone wants. No seriously. Its either bland Arshi, or Shyamli, or Payash scenes... We could do with a mix and match. 

The glamour that was there before, the exciting day-to-day happenings.. If we've said it once, we've said it a million times, if the cvs believe us or not, the characters, the sets, the believability (?) , the excitement, the its-different-from-the-others-thats-why-im-watching-SP-now, everything, it's all kind of gone, it's not the same anymore and we do want the old IPK back.. :/

Originally posted by tia.o

1. I want to see story line that makes sense. Not forced circumstances which has no logic or validity with the story track. For example, Masala Mama. Why did he come and when did he leave? What was the purpose of that character?

2. I want to see consistency. For example, I don't want to see Anjali running like a horse without braces and shoes to the first floor poolside to switch off the light and come back record time to answer Arnav's call for his Di when in the previous episodes we have seen that she can't even stand without braces, let alone walk or run.

3. I don't want to see illogical plots. For example, Shyam's plan for miscarriage was the most idiotic plan I have ever heard, but funnily unlike the previous brilliant plans, this one was successful.

4.I don't want to see nonsensical plots. For example, Shantivan's frontal view always show security guards. Then how Shyam managed to get people to fix cameras all over the house and goes in and out without anyone seeing him is beyond my comprehension.

I am not a millionaire. But even if someone arrives to my home, my maid will never let them in without validating with me that I have called them in unless I inform her that I'm expecting these people to come. So HP letting in a bunch of workers without verifying with any member of the family is not only improbable but also impossible forget the fact that they have to get past the security guards first.

5.I don't know what happened to thefeistyKhushi who gave her friend, Preetika's in-laws piece of her mind for not behaving properly with Preetika's family. But this meek, submissive, docile Khushi, who is taking insult and humiliation for her and her family with her mouth shut, is not that Khushi I know.
Consider this my signature for the petition.

Originally posted by nina5

This is such a well written letter, my dear. I couldn't agree more with you. While reading your letter post, I felt as if you have the ability to read many of our minds. It would not be exaggeration to say that you have clearly described our, that is to say countless number of followers/fans/viewers, feelings towards this show.  

Even though one can point out some great things that have happened lately, but they really need to tie up all the loose ends and bring it back to the mark as it has been from the beginning of the show up until the kidnapping track. IPKKND had such a great sailing (with a few exceptions) for the first 10 months of its journey; wish it goes back to it.  

Originally posted by VasantiLad

What really really grieves me is what they have reduced Khushi to- they have made her insipid & one dimensional. All throughout some dynamic scenes she was a piece of furniture & when she interacted with Arnav she said the most inapt mundane things. What have you done to her? I am mourning the khushi that i loved. The confrontational girl that stood up to the might of a fierce warrior in the likes of ASR - that stood in a westernised envirnoment ruled by his girlfriend & her team- that walked into an upper class household to teach that very same person the merits of being a traditional girl. This is the person that had cheek, that made us laugh with all her antics as she played jokes on all around her that sprouted best practices at every chance. This is the person that won over her contract husband whose wiles & personality won a lot of hearts.

Edited by -.Pearl.- - 08 September 2012 at 9:30pm

The following 118 member(s) liked the above post:

Shini.Shiva86nirchikrajljmnzunique.princessVmsvhtadivyaanish.83jugnupchanabhirami777viii007nina5Mapletree24secretsurprisesayuriforeveromlgrschocolate12Jordinvanibarun_fanfarhacassimsuhanee_06myths_vazMaankigopiMadhuFarighInsanDevilwayscraziefanAnzieRita.Cjunelilyblue_sapphireviolet-amsterShivani_PriyamsarunarshifanlovesharunFalciparumKavita1000herebedragonsSim96arnavandkhushi1priyatnl.terribletwistpriyankaaKKKAChicanetennismaniac19roldcShweta1691mayuri099meshasyongshinMGRMFFSHADmishtiArHi_4ever1mangaloreSamaira32DEE2803hetalmknlazylad8-FauZisparklystarstudDesai09-Shobhu21-coalfaxBarunshellnareshSVAddie07tanurocksN0306amisuvhararnavmomb24eyesonmeHorizonipkknd-fanVasantiLadIceflames..mrinalini..sikhni_chandana.sgowri1712LivingInPajamas-happilyunknownzafiHot.Pink.Heelsabracadabra--Siva--Kamalika..Alyaa_27soni4eva--BSI-FaNaTic--pisces25Echoesofpassiondazzling_glorysigridShiningStar18applesauce.sareetaMastMalangEthereal-Pathsiva2901ChaiBiskootGayuArnavMephistoAngel13summaiyasayedMrs_Darcy_17.Brooke.LuvuKhushiGodhuliLogonpieryrosejas0308Tia.0fffan123asrcrazepolly_mk_SenbonZakura_NestleToulousedumas

Shweta1691 Goldie
Shweta1691
Shweta1691

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:13am | IP Logged
I so wish your letter reaches the CVs...they have lost their touch...wake up call is must

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lazylad8-FauZi-.Pearl.-

-happilyunknown IF-Rockerz
-happilyunknown
-happilyunknown

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Beautiful post dear.

So true and well written that i cannot find anything that i want to add to this.

It is truly in your hands. Please dont lose us cause this is the one time that i am actually right in saying that we are/I am important.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

abhirami777lazylad8-FauZi-.Pearl.-_SenbonZakura_

chandana.s IF-Rockerz
chandana.s
chandana.s

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Awesome post...
Totally agree with u...Well said...

Hope CV's got his letter...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

abhirami777lazylad8-FauZi-.Pearl.-

divyaanish.83 Newbie
divyaanish.83
divyaanish.83

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Well Said and its true to the core...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

abhirami777lazylad8-FauZi-.Pearl.-

eyesonme IF-Dazzler
eyesonme
eyesonme

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:28am | IP Logged
We need to get this to cv's Big smile

lazylad8-FauZi-.Pearl.-

blue_sapphire Senior Member
blue_sapphire
blue_sapphire

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:28am | IP Logged
So true Saie..u have put everyone's feelings into this one letter...
i just hope it reaches the CV's...because its high time they bring back the charm of the show...
i no more watch the show...no more wait for it to struck 8 so that i can rush and sit in front of the TV...stayed glued to it and watch i the show that i have loved to such an extent...

I don't want to let go of this show that was at one time the reason for me to watch TV...but looking at the scenario now i feel like i am soon gonna bid adieu to this show...

lazylad8-FauZi-.Pearl.-

Hot.Pink.Heels IF-Rockerz
Hot.Pink.Heels
Hot.Pink.Heels

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:36am | IP Logged
You have penned down everything that is currently in the minds and hearts of millions of ... should I say disappointed fans. 
CVs need a wake up call cuz they seem to like to test the audiences' patience and loyalty towards our beloved show, but there is a limit to everything, even loyalty.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

abhirami777nina5Shivani_Priyamlazylad8-FauZi-.Pearl.-_SenbonZakura_

Go to top