Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

InduG64 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
If your secrets are revealed to the wind, why blame it for revealing it to the river and the trees...cause you see, silence too then speaks the lie.

Betrayal can only happen if you love..."Did you know that Yash? Sure you did. What's upsetting you more: that she deceived you by not revealing or that from now on you cannot believe her?" It most definitely is latter. Yash has been lied to before...by Prateek, about Pari...by his parents about Aarti wanting a divorce...by Aarti herself during the birthday fiasco. Then what is different now? This time his heart is involved, and in matters of heart even a small lie becomes a monumental deception. That he lost his faith...that he believed and she deceived...that he lost the essence of the person he thought she was is what is gnawing at him. 

Yet he is in denial as much as she was when she thought she could live a lifetime of illusion. It's not that he has never lied before...While saving Neelam, he resorted to it many a times. So, he is fine with lying if it is done to save a life...if it is said for a good intent. He says he cleared her name because she was in the right then...and that he would have done that for any girl if her virtue was being wrongly maligned. "Oh yeah...can you deny that you care for her...that you are possessive about her? And what about her...the love she has for you?"..."That's exactly my problem."   "What...that she loves you with all her being...that she would do anything for you and your family...that she would lay down her life for you without a second thought if it so requires?" He exchanges this information without a break in the beat...without a raise of an eyebrow...without a denial. That's because he was aware of these feelings...and they had become part of the problem because he couldn't go past her betrayal...as such her feelings only arouse guilt and anger in him. "I cannot love her...I hate her."  Simple statements...yet strongly delivered and said with as much passion. Denial...denial...denial!! Shouting out from every pore of his being. Aman too notices that..."Why Yash? Why hate her so strongly? Do you think by indulging in such unfamiliar hatred, you'd push her away from the inner recesses of your heart? Then why didn't it even occur to you that once again Arpita never figured in your avowal? She just doesn't linger anymore in that emotional zone, does she? Your heart loves...and it hates...with as much passion only one woman...and you know who she is. Either way only one woman affects you...period. That's the truth you cannot deny even yourself." Once Yash knows the intent with which the lie was told...and her story behind all that smiles...he will realize how grossly and unfairly judgmental he was. 

"Aha, Aarti...you stumbled back...over something that you thought you left far back but which was right behind you...and the spell broke. When you had walked toward the edge of truth and stepped into the darkness of lies, you believed you will either find a small ground to stand on or you will teach yourself to fly. You got both...yet all the standing and all the soaring was in darkness...and the light was just waiting to break through. It did...and how. You lost all the ground and the wings in one stroke." 
The biggest lie of her life has come to haunt her. She had conveniently believed her mother's oft-repeated delusional thinking..."Prashant is dead. You are as good as his widow." Holding onto that belief, she wove a life of magic around her...which now stands exposed, with her being jolted out of this self-created reverie. "Dhokha"..."betrayal"...now she realized what Yash was alluding to. Yes, it was a dhokha...and she accepts it as easily as she had lived it in denial. "And now Yashji knows about it...about everything...All is over...sab khatam ho gaya." She repeats the same words Yash had spoken  once. It throws her into fits of frenzy...trying to contact the source...remembering that it had all started...that his demeanor had changed... ever since that Essel World trip. The more she thinks, the more frantic she gets...very sure this was the reason Yash had turned his back to her. Whatever be the actual reason, Aarti now knows that no more can she hide behind the facade of the biggest truth of her life...that she was a divorcee when she remarried!!! She has no option but to come clean with Yash...not that she would want otherwise. What more has she to lose?????

Asides: 
  • Gayatri's pain is felt by all her sons...yet it is Yash who has his wits around him to simply brush away her protests and act immediately. Poor Yash...he has lost so much...that the very idea of his mother in pain causes him to go into an agonizing frenzy. Aarti's loss has really done him in...!!!
  • Continuous adverse reactions have hardened Pari to the niceties of character and respect for relationships. In trying to fight her own battles, she is resorting to malice now as her weapon. How circumstances change a person. Sweetness changing to such nasty bitterness...and not liking it!!! She is not completely gone...that's what Vidhi advises Prateek...that she can be brought back...and he can do it!! That's the assurance the very lonely Prateek so needed.
That's it friends. Next week is Confrontation time...and it should be something to look forward to, right? Happy waiting!!!!

Have a great weekend.😊

Edited by InduG64 - 11 years ago
Alamelu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
@kamlikudi: thanks for responding...
I understand this is going to take time.  I am totally enjoying this journey of ARYA and will be with them through good times and bad.  Just like in real life, every time you take 5 steps forward  you go 3 steps back,so  it is in PV world too.  I just would like to see just a glimpse of Yash's pov regarding Arti,  that would make my poor heart a tad stronger and happy.  We are all inferring from his talks, gestures that he is starting to fall for arti, but what to do i am greedy so I just want the cvs to show  that yash is thinking of their good times, that is it. 

GC and KS are such fantastic actors that I start and end my day with PV (just like maan used to tell geet). Kudos to them and other support cast of PV. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS
saf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@ Indu: Beautiful take as usualπŸ‘
doratalk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Samana: Loved your take... especially this part.πŸ‘πŸ‘

"I think it was a foreshadowing of things to come, where we see the truth behind the facade of each of these characters. Aarti presents a very brave facade and even makes herself believe it, but deep down she is scared and vulnerable. On the other hand, Yash looks very fragile and unhinged, but somewhere inside him there is a strong and steady force to reckon with. Both of them face the problem that they don't see their fear and strength, respectively, for various reasons. "

I think that's definitely coming and I am waiting to see how we get there!

On a lighter note, welcome back to Payal! It's nicer when all three kids are together. I also liked how they portray Payal as being a lot like Aarti. She's like Aarti's little shadow-angel. She is not brave enough to go on the ride and closes her eyes when the ride starts (following her mom's advice to Palak and Ansh). It's just a sweet characterization of the older kids (being closer in age) bonding together and therefore feeding off each other's energy while Payal is happy being close to mom. I admit I didn't predict that the CVs would portray this close bond between Palak and Ansh and it has been one of the best things about the show for me in the past few weeks!

Another thing I noticed is a single line of the male rendition of Yeh dil hai in the essel world arm grabbing scene. I have always assumed the male voice indicates Yash's emotions while the female voice indicates Aarti's. I think this was him reacting to her involuntary wifely action. So he never bought her "I'm kidding" after the "I love you so much Yashji". And ever since the day at the beach, he has been processing her actions and reacting to them fully aware that she feels the way she does. It doesn't make him angry or upset, just occasionally self-conscious (which is another happy, mature reaction of one adult towards another). And then he snaps. Why? why? why? Oh the suspense of it all!

Edited by doratalk - 11 years ago
FireLordPhoenix thumbnail
Wow, so Paridhi and Payal are seen after a long while!

I don't really have anything to say for the episode except that I loved the Mumbai flashback. And we almost have the reason for Yash's anger. All we need now is for Monday to come along and hopefully we can see Yash's point of view. There's more than just the truth about Prashant and Aarti's divorcee status that haunts Yash and I don't want to guess anymore for the actual cause until we just have it out there in the open by Yash. 

Paridhi shouldn't have gone out so late at night. She was rude and disrespectful towards Vidhi but I felt that Paridhi was a little right in what she said. She has a right to pursue her hobbies and follow her dreams but other than that she was just rude to Vidhi. Prateik is to blame for this. Paridhi will be straying in no time. She even said today that she came to understand him too late. 

Edited by salvatore-nina - 11 years ago
redeye2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

All the missing folks have been found.  

Paridhi finally got dropped by the producer.

Payal and Dubey finally woke up.

If there's one person who will never be found in 'physical' form, it would be Ram Dulare.

Further, the oldies (barring Bua) have been packed off.  What's the fascination with Delhi? Or has Mumbai become a bad word now?  

Bua is sure to be lurking around the corner. 

And Aman never left the building- just got lost in the Scindia maze. Just kidding! He has become a pigeon carrier cum voice of reason.

Didn't it seem like Yash was one who was most flustered of the three brothers/Vidhi of G3's ooh, aah, ouch?  I'd prefer to put it to his characterization again. Kudos! Yash and G3 are given to dramatics. And I think they expect the same level of response from others as well.  Another reason why Yash prefers Aarti to continue her heightened responses - tears, holding hands, frustrated appealing etc. She dare not be indifferent else Yash would feel like he's inconsequential.  And that's not supposed to happen. Exciting times ahead, folks!

Aman was fantastic as he returns to fix the problem he thought he created.  He praises Aarti and how she views Yash. My favorite lines are 1) he quoted almost with pride was how Aarti rejected Aman's assessment of Yash and asked him to view him through her eyes 2) you're the only one who seems to have trouble with someone loving you. Well said, Aman!  Yash can be seen struggling with some part wanting to revel in the praise and another working to close his ears and eject it.  

Aman's rational and gentle probes were a sight to watch.  Yash has never been good at elaborate processing or articulation.  Short sentences come out in spurts leaving Aman bewildered.  After a point, Yash cannot handle anymore questioning and walks off.  Yes, he feels betrayed just when he had begun to have feelings for Aarti.  Even as his ego prevents him from verbally revealing them, all his other 'loud' actions communicate just the very point he doesn't want to communicate - that Aarti's actions affect him way too much.  Poor Yash cannot see that, but that's to be expected of him.  Deception is alien to him. It was interesting to see that he seemed to miss his girls, not Ansh. Perhaps the same reason why he wouldn't go to their school to meet them? If so, poor Ansh and bad Yash. 

Paridhi, you go, girl! Yep, she's a train wreck waiting to happen.  And let's have it.  Paridhi has already arrived at conclusions in her mind, so appealing to her sense of reason is a bit late.  There was a moment when she was amenable to working with them, but not now.  She rightly asked -why does everyone appear just to stop and block her but not be there with her?  Why, indeed! She was rude to Vidhi, but I felt her rudeness had to do with the lack of support and attention she has been getting from the Scindia family. She has repeated the same things ad nauseum to Prateek since the wedding, now it is back to the same old, same old. 

Prateek is helpless and excoriates himself, rightly so.  As he confesses, he cannot see Paridhi's point of view. And we have discussed Prateek to bits.

Vidhi, now holding the fort, comes to know of Paridhi's deception.  She advices change in instalments, but the water has already reached dangerous levels that a flood is imminent.  Vidhi, the real matriarch in my mind, props Prateek up and also tries to protect Paridhi from his anger.  But no solution is in sight.

After endorsing Aarti toothpaste, Yash endorses Essel World.  It was hilarious how he was egging Ansh on during the ride. Yash, Ansh cannot make it go any faster. I appreciate the sentiment, but it was funny.  Payal was forced to say no, even though she felt like joining her siblings.  Even Aarti's seemed to want to get on.   Aarti's terror act just didn't come through for me.  They could have just shown her clutching his arm. 

Anyway, the twist finally reveals itself, but needs confirmation -still a few pieces about for the puzzle to lock itself.

Episode One-Line Review: For me, progress on many fronts makes it a good episode.  

Edited by redeye2012 - 11 years ago
InduG64 thumbnail
@Saf: Thanks, dearie. Was just reading your take...super-duper, as always!πŸ‘ Aww...you won't be around...will miss ya. But you need this break...so go get some peace and quiet and come back your usual self. Take care.πŸ€—

@Veena: Nice chotu take!!!πŸ‘

@Prasadini: Loved your posts back there...but the puppies took away my heart. πŸ˜Š

@Samana: Superlative, dear friend!!! You are gift to this forum...to us.πŸ‘ 
So, we still agree that it has to do with Mr P...or the very least the fact that she was a divorcee and not a widow. The additional info is Yash knows too well that Aarti is also in love with him...and that fact has complicated matters for him, cause that is the reason that in spite of all his efforts she refuses to let go. Hence the decision to maintain status quo...you be, I be, they be...and all stay as is without there being an "us." I so loved the para on Essel World and real persona behind their exteriors. That's a wonderful insight...and so deep. That is what will now come in to play now. When things start unfolding, Yash will start realizing that behind that casual, almost-flippant, happy-go-lucky, overtly brave persona hides a very lonely, scared, insecure girl who had no option but to step aside from the many hindrances in order to move on...the reason she holds on so tightly, even at the expense of being thrown out of the house, an almost divorce, all the rejections and all the humiliations. That is when he will appreciate that in spite of all her adversities, his wife is no quitter. 
roseinbloom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
GAAH. I loved the episode! Everything was so .. awesome I can't even explain it. Yes even the fact that PraDhi were fighting was exceptional because of the way they carried out that scene .. loved it because it was SO real and true to life. This scenario plays out in so many homes so I'm glad they're focusing on this issue through PraDhi.

By this point I'm sure Prashant half-truth came out in front of Yash. It's amazing that Ansh is not reacting because by this time Prashant means nothing. YASH is Ansh's father and that's that. Love this kid! He's more mature than others his age, in fact both Palak and Ansh are.

YaMan scene was awesome awesome awesome!! LOVED Aman for confronting Yash. And highlight of that scene was Aman telling Yash explicitly that Aarti loves him and Yash not even flinching at that. WOW! He sure knows it's the truth by now how much Aarti really loves him and *ahem* how much HE loves HER =) Yea, take that Yash! You don't 'hate her'. No, you don't!

Coming to Aarti-Shobha freakout scene. Kratika excelled!! Especially in the 'sab khatam hogaya'' line. She made it look so convincing that Aarti really believes everything is over now because for SURE Yash knows about Prashant. This Sunita madam!! UGH! Lol.

Essel world flashback:

How FREAKING CUTE was that scene!!!??? Like the entirety of it!!

From the kiddos going 'yayy' and be all happy =D

To AarYa's cute parent-ness LOL

Aarti's fear of rides .. hehe =p

That awesome hand-meets-bicep Ye Dil Hai moment <3

WHY are they so cute exactly?

UGH.

Z
Alamelu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
@red: " It was interesting to see that he seemed to missed his girls, not Ansh. Perhaps the same reason why he wouldn't go to their school to meet them? If so, poor Ansh and bad Yash. "
Maybe he is starting to push ansh away too thinking that eventually he and arti will have to go their own ways when the truth comes out, the result being forced upon by his parents maybe?  He does not want to get too attached to ansh and vice versa where separation will make it hard to take and deal with.  This reminds me of my nephew and his behavior.  When we visit them, towards the end of the trip he will start ignoring us and go on with his life how it was before our visit.

@Indu: "When things start unfolding, Yash will start realizing that behind that casual, almost-flippant, happy-go-lucky, overtly brave persona hides a very lonely, scared, insecure girl who had no option but to step aside from the many hindrances in order to move on...the reason she holds on so tightly, even at the expense of being thrown out of the house, an almost divorce, all the rejections and all the humiliations. That is when he will appreciate that in spite of all her adversities, his wife is no quitter. "
What a beautiful take on arti.  this brought tears to my eyes.  I am waiting for that day when Yash realizes these beautiful things about his wife!!!  I am very hopeful.

@Samana and @all:  such indepth analysis on the characters of ARYA.  DC makes me appreciate the characters created by mittals even more and ofcourse GC and KS bring these characters to life so beautifully and artistically...thank you all
InduG64 thumbnail
@Alamelu: Thank you. Yash and Aarti's marriage was never easy to start with. There were emotions involved that were far beyond normalcy. To come to terms with such intricate issues takes time...and like you said in  an earlier post...if there will be some steps forward, reverse stepping too will happen. Back and forth...the pendulum will swing between trust and love...till they come to know of their pasts completely. Yash definitely needs to know all...otherwise he will always prejudge on the face value...and never be able to trust.