Are the Media's To be Blamed ?

Tansha thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hey Guys,

Well, i m tansha and im new here in this section.. i came up with this debate after i saw the Zee news today..

I saw that how sum people were saying that Ekta kapoor Directs really nasty shows which infulences people in real life. This lady was saying how after wathcing Ekta Kapoor's Show people were getting raped and girls started wearing miniskrits. i also saw that how womens said they want to send Ekta letters sayign she shud stop showing nasty parts.

What my questions is Is the media blamed for all this?

If Shows that show nasty things stop will the people stop doign it to? [ like raping people]

Is it really true that teens get influenced by all this?

Take Care

Tansha 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mashal thumbnail
yes ur all points r true
this type of shows really should banned
Dazlingflower thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am just surprised at how people are going after Ekta Kapoor!!! I don't care about Ekta and her shows , but I have problem with people raising fingers at her. Why didn't anyone raise finger when Raj kapoor made Raam teri ganga meli or Satyam shivan sundram? Why didn't any one raised any finger when the bigger cinema was making young girls dance half naked on beaches, malls, streets, and bars? Raise fingers at those who have done enough damage through the cinema..Almost all of the 80's is filled with movies where women characters are shown in negative light. All the tactics that Ekta is showing...have been shown and been done with. Male directors have moved on to exploiting other areas now..Ekta is doing what the male directors did in all of the 80's and 90's and in some way still continue to do it. Why was it okay for them?
If you want to write letters....write letters to the censor board of India which is thinking of legalizing po*n movies in India. Write letters against those directors who makes it impossible for many actresses to get decent roles. Shooting at small targets ...won't get you anywhere.
TiN24 thumbnail
Media is a form of communication and its around us everywhere. By banning these types of shows will not stop the violence, the rape, and all other bad things. Reason being because if people don't watch it, they'll talk about it and if they talk about it, they'll do it. Media is something that is always gonna be around whether we like it or not. It DOES very heavily influence people. Not only teens, but EVERYONE. Little kids get influenced, teens, young adults, adults...we all get influenced by Media. I guess it has to do with media affecting us physcologically.

But I personally think that whether we kick, scream, yell and whine about media being bad and influencing us all negatively....we can't live with it and we can't live without it.
Dazlingflower thumbnail
I also think if parents take responsibility of what their kids watch or behave, might help with the problem. Not only parents, but people in general should be responsible for not only their kids, but others' children as well. I remember when I was grwoing up in India, every one used to take care of each other. When my brother was born, all of our neighbourhood raised him. My parents were not the only one telling him or guiding him; our neighbours too, molded his behavior. It's important the way we make decisions or the way our thought process is because that decision or thought process has life long consequences on our future generation.
indiaforums1234 thumbnail
Media shows what people want to see. So, why blame the media?

People need to be more aware of their environment. They need to take personal responsibilities and ones towards their families seriously.

Crimes like rape have not increased because of these serials, if so I would like to read about the research. We had rapists before the advent of television. It is not something that arose b/c of TV.

About girls wearing mini-skirts and western influence - I think its the people who idolize western culture who are responsible for the loss of traditional values.

As others have said, we are indeed influenced by media, but we are not stupid beings. Nature has given us brains - put'em to use!