Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Daljeet can get a meatier role,why can't Deepali? (Page 5)

sonshine IF-Dazzler
sonshine
sonshine

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 6:49am | IP Logged
ClapClapClapClap
but Payal is aware of Garima being her stepmother
Khushi was 8 when she lost her parents... G married S after that didn't she
although it has not been mentioned in the show yet

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescent

S.Stephy IF-Rockerz
S.Stephy
S.Stephy

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 6:51am | IP Logged
Payal's character had a lot of substance during the initial days esp the sis-to-sis interactions and during Payash wedding. But these days, the character has no importance or use; she has been more like a prop.

But the question is not about why can't Deepali be given a meatier role like Daljeet. The question is whether the CVs have the ability to add meat to her role and weave it smoothly into the main story. Seeing the consequences of Daljeet's negotiations, I'm guessing the CVs are probably not capable of this. And then it also depends on whether the meat they add would suit the show. So I think its best that Deepali leaves for better opportunities and seeing that this is her decision, I wish her all the best!!

Edited by S.Stephy - 07 September 2012 at 6:55am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mayuri099SaraJLincandescent

Shwetha! IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 6:56am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

incandescent

fairy_stardust IF-Dazzler
fairy_stardust
fairy_stardust

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Her departure is surely sad. I cannot imagine another actress playing Payal's role. But to answer your question: Even if Deepali did demand for a bigger role, we as fans would complain a lot. That's what is happening now. Daljeet announced she may leave the show and many of her supporters messaged her to stay back. The PH saw the demand and agreed to tweak the storyline.

Now I really am okay with the current track as the show cannot run on just leads. All family members have a part in the great story...in IPK the sister is the most imp. person to the main lead (before his marriage and will continue to remain so). Thus, it makes sense to have a bigger role. Payal's role was that of a parallel lead but the CV's have not used her part properly. If they did, I am sure many would object. Don't get me wrong. I love love Arshi but some screen space to Akash-Payal would have added a twist to the general story. Alas, the decision has been made. I still hope the CVs use all the characters properly(Payal, Akash, NK, Mami, etc) and don't bring in new characters for a change of track (Dadi). They should build on what they have. 

Edited by fairy_stardust - 07 September 2012 at 7:04am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescent..RamKiJanaki..

rrai Newbie
rrai
rrai

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:06am | IP Logged
dear from 1st introduction of show it was said that daljeet is parallel lead not deepali and in one of her interview gul had said that when main story was written there was no payash track in it .It was added later since in the story was started with breaking of khushi's sister wedding

incandescent

abracadabra IF-Rockerz
abracadabra
abracadabra

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:07am | IP Logged
Truly dear. Deepali was wasted in the show. She came in as a strong defined character in the serial and now she is leaving with virtually no role to play in the serial. I feel sad for her that she will no longer be a part of the show but also happy that she'll get to explore new ventures and choose good roles. Deepali has tremendous potential (have seen her in another show).

PH had/has lot of options if they want to explore i.e. A very sad day really.

Mamaji is a smart man as he is already seen in various other shows. These guys never gave him any kind of serious role portrayal in the serial. He is there as a namesake only.

OmNaMaSteOmincandescent

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fairy_stardust

Her departure is surely sad. I cannot imagine another actress playing Payal's role. But to answer you question: Even if Deepali did demand for a bigger role, we as fans would complain a lot. That's what is happening now. Daljeet announced she may leave the show and many of her supporters messaged her to stay back. The PH saw the demand and agreed to tweak the storyline.

Now I really am okay with the current track as the show cannot run on just leads. All family members have a part in the great story...in IPK the sister is the most imp. person to the main lead (before his marriage and will continue to remain so). Thus, it makes sense to have a bigger role. Payal's role was that of a parallel lead but the CV's have not used her part properly. If they did, I am sure many would object. Don't get me wrong. I love love Arshi but some screen space to Akash-Payal would have added a twist to the general story. Alas, the decision has been made. I still hope the CVs use all the characters properly(Payal, Akash, NK, Mami, etc) and don't bring in new characters for a change of track (Dadi). They should build on what they have. 

I agree. A story cannot run just on the main leads, because in real life every person in our social network impacts our life, both family and friends, so a show too must show the same, but it's also true that Anjali is being given a bigger role than secondary leads usually are. Even with that I won't complain, but if Anjali gets a bigger role then Payal surely deserves one, because she's also the sister of one of the leads. What I find unfair is that Arnav's sister is shown far more importance than Khushi's sisterOuch, when in the beginning Payal's character was just as big as Anjali's.

fairy_stardustOmNaMaSteOm

SunoNa... IF-Sizzlerz
SunoNa...
SunoNa...

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:09am | IP Logged
M very happy Deepali quit Fari, if u have read in the AT i hv even wanted Barun to do so for my own selfish reasons so that i can quit watching this crap fest. 
This show has gone down the drains and nothing can get it back. 
The CVs are way too obsessed with Anjali and Shyam's character . Shyam seems to be ring leader and making others dance on his tunes. The actual leads are almost brain dead.

NK who came in after a lot of days the show started has more dialogues than Akash who is actually Arnavs brother and when they finally give him dialogues, they make us cringe over it. 

I hv watched Deepali's old show for few days, she sure wasnt this bad acting wise, in IPK i have neever seem to like her acting skills, seems a very good decision. good luck for her.
Hope she can get some meatier role in a other show, she deserves something better where in she can showcase her talent. Even Akshay Dogra needs to think over it.  

High time Barun and Sanaya also think over it, coz whatsoever Shyam rules this show, he seems to be the antagonist, protagonist everything. Shyam and Anjali are the pivotal roles. 

Edited by -sylph- - 07 September 2012 at 7:10am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mayuri099pisces25incandescent

Go to top