Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Daljeet can get a meatier role,why can't Deepali? (Page 11)

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shwetha!

Originally posted by incandescent

Originally posted by Shwetha!

Fari I want PIA.

Payal Instead of Anjali.

Do you agree?

Just watched the episode.

Are they trying to Kill their own show.

Good news!They are doing a fantastic job of it.

We wanted to see passion, angst of Arhi instead we saw it of Shyam and Anjali.

Now I am confused which pair won the best jodi award?

No Shwetha...I am yet to watch it.

I just read the updates. Whatever is happening is not good for the show.

We need balance and we are getting the opposite. 

Even I want PIA. 

Please don't watch it FariOuch

They made ASR look so dumb. Why is it that the people he hires be it the nurse or the security people fall in love with Shyam and forget about the guy who is signing their paycheck?

What happened to the shrewd business tycoon. No security in his house at all? Ouch

Khushi...Massacre I tell you. Giving second chance to a guy who kidnapped Arnav and almost cold bloodedly murdered both of them, accused her and her sister of being greedy and characterless

Can't be the same Khushi. Ouch

Plz do it with me *head desk*

*headdesk*

P.S. - Can Dogra quit too, so I can watch Arhi uncut videos only?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

OmNaMaSteOm

zobsheh Goldie
zobsheh
zobsheh

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:25am | IP Logged
I guess she realised it was better to escape from the sinking Titanic...specially when you don't have a major role to play
She would be truly missed...thanks for making this post...i really loved her as Payal...it would be difficult for me to see someone else as Payal...even in FFs i dont think i can imagine anyone else as Payal...she had great potential which was reflected even in the few minutes screen space she had...i loved her scenes with Sanaya portraying a real good sister bonding.. i hate cvs for making her quit...now i really wish we had worked hard to make such a dignified and sensible person stay instead of someone else sometime back... i hope now they do realise what they are doing to their show to OUR show...love you deepali...all the best for your future projectsThumbs Up

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

OmNaMaSteOmincandescent

Shwetha! IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:26am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

OmNaMaSteOmincandescent..RamKiJanaki..

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarunfan4ever

Originally posted by incandescent

Originally posted by AyeReKhushi

Great post Fari. Between the news of Deepali quitting and Khushi bringing Shyam back to the house, I don't know what to think. I respect Deepali for the way she handled her exit...sometimes, it is better to leave with dignity than to hang on shamelessly. 

I don't think Daljeet has any special acting skills or charm that Deepali lacks. They were both equally good supporting actors. The only thing that worked for Daljeet was a better negotiating tactic. She used the media to leak rumors about quitting the show, manipulated the fans to beg her to stay, then used that power to get the PH to give in to her demands, which ultimately started the downfall of this show. 

She did a great job using the fans to get what she wanted but now she's telling the same fans to "chill out" when they give negative feedback about her role. If you can't handle the pressure and acting skills that come with being a lead, don't demand a bigger role. 

She's never been a lead female on any successful show in the past so why would she be under the delusion that she had a lead role on this show, when it was obvious to anyone with eyes that this show was carried by two people, BS and SI, from day one.

Now, the need to force in a storyline for Anjali has killed the essence of this show. She is a regressive and boring character, that is reflective of our show these days. The refreshing charm of the past is gone. The day Arnav and Khushi reunited, the TRPs were 3.7. If they focused on the love story and didn't take the DKS route the following week, the ratings would have skyrocketed to the top. I hope they correct their mistakes before its too late.

Thanks Priyanka.

I have been reading comments that DB did not do anything wrong by demanding or negotiating. I don't know if you remember but I was one those people who wanted DB to stay because I felt her demand was fair. 

As fans we never get to know the whole story but we do get to see parts of it and after witnessing the whole thing I can't appreciate the way the negotiation happened. We had no idea Deepali was quitting until today, she mysteriously disappeared from the show 3 episode ago and many of us thought she was on leave. The news was not leaked out until today. 

But news of Daljeet's decision was leaked a long time ago. After the initial rumors, the news died down for sometime and later it resurfaced and then Daljeet gave interviews she might change her mind if the PH and channel agree to her conditions. We fell for it and demanded that she stays in the show. It makes me wonder whether Daljeet actually wanted to quit in the first place? Even I feel our love for Daljeet/Anjali was used. 

Whatever the truth is, it has left a bitter taste in my mouth. 

When the show started Payal had the same importance as Anjali. One was the male leads sister and the other was the female leads sister. Look where it has come down to. 

Fari,
Deepali not being satisfied with her role was not new. There were some articles that she was not satisfied. But she maintained her dignity with creating ruckus or attracting media attention by announcing leaving the show.

Yes I know.She did not create any ruckus...that's what I am saying. 

Akanksha-

Shwetha! IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:32am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescent..RamKiJanaki..

mazkachazka IF-Sizzlerz
mazkachazka
mazkachazka

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:33am | IP Logged
fair point Fari and trust me my respect for her has increased ten folds! she's got self respect man!!  would love love love to have her given her more screen space esp. along side khushi,it would have been interesting then,well i don't know from here the fate of our show! actors quitting,actors negotiating and getting hyped on the show,sidelining of the lead actors and the main story line! hell with it ,this is all leading us to one answer -the end is near! crap hate to even mention this! my fav. show has been ruined! darn im not even enjoying Arnav Khushi nowadays! this has what the CV's have reduced the show to! 

incandescent

Archana89 Senior Member
Archana89
Archana89

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rima

fari good point

and there were so many posts asking DB not to leave
why not for for payal
at least her role will be more constructive
she is a true sister to khushi and not a weepy type
i like deepali a lot
i also liked daljeet
but eventally these writers have to decide how they will use their side characters
it can prove destructive like with DB

and it can prove constructive like with NK (I am sad NK is also neglected. so is akshay)
I think people are scared to stop her from leaving...what if she ends up demanding more screen space???

incandescent

n091505 Senior Member
n091505
n091505

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Laxmi absconded, Mamaji missing, Deepali soon to quit & be replaced. I won't be surprised if the next in line to quit turns out to be Akshay Dogra & Karan Godwani, whose in & out of the revolving doors of RM most of the time. This is what happens when a serial that shows potentials of reaching never before achieved heights, falls flat on it's face due to inept writing, disinterested creators & manipulative actors. I had mentioned this sometime ago, that if negotiations worked wonders for a certain actor, then perhaps our main leads should also sit down at the negotiation table & work out some type of a deal to bring them back on focus, or they too will be looking for greener pastures. Why not? What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mazkachazkaincandescent..RamKiJanaki..

Go to top