Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Daljeet can get a meatier role,why can't Deepali? (Page 10)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescent

I have been reading comments that DB did not do anything wrong by demanding or negotiating. I don't know if you remember but I was one those people who wanted DB to stay because I felt her demand was fair. 
As fans we never get to know the whole story but we do get to see parts of it and after witnessing the whole thing I can't appreciate the way the negotiation happened. We had no idea Deepali was quitting until today, she mysteriously disappeared from the show 3 episode ago and many of us thought she was on leave. The news was not leaked out until today. 

But news of Daljeet's decision was leaked a long time ago. After the initial rumors, the news died down for sometime and later it resurfaced and then Daljeet gave interviews she might change her mind if the PH and channel agree to her conditions. We fell for it and demanded that she stays in the show. It makes me wonder whether Daljeet actually wanted to quit in the first place?
Whatever the truth is, it has left a bitter taste in my mouth. 

When the show started Payal had the same importance as Anjali. One was the male leads sister and the other was the female leads sister. Look where it has come down to. 

Hey (I don't know your name, sorryEmbarrassed), I agree with you. Even I was one of those people defending Daljeet in the beginning, but now after seeing what the show has come to, I'm beginning to wonder if I was wrong. I still like Daljeet as an actress, but she certainly seems to be a bit manipulative in getting what she wants. It's almost as if she wanted to replace Sanaya as a lead, and Abhas replace Barun.Confused Nowadays there is more Shyam-Anjali than Arnav-Khushi, and that's just plain weird. I wonder that Barun and Sanaya don't protest to the CVs themselves.

Btw, when you and others here wrote DB I thought you guys were talking about Debina Bonnerjee, who's also referred to by the same initials. But I realized that was absurd since she's in no way shape or form related to this showROFL, and then I realized Daljeet Bhanot as the same initials.Stern Smile Talk about having a blond moment.LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

OmNaMaSteOmincandescent

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shwetha!

Fari I want PIA.

Payal Instead of Anjali.

Do you agree?

Just watched the episode.

Are they trying to Kill their own show.

Good news!They are doing a fantastic job of it.

We wanted to see passion, angst of Arhi instead we saw it of Shyam and Anjali.

Now I am confused which pair won the best jodi award?

No Shwetha...I am yet to watch it.

I just read the updates. Whatever is happening is not good for the show.

We need balance and we are getting the opposite. 

Even I want PIA. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Shwetha!

OmNaMaSteOm IF-Sizzlerz
OmNaMaSteOm
OmNaMaSteOm

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AyeReKhushi

Great post Fari. Between the news of Deepali quitting and Khushi bringing Shyam back to the house, I don't know what to think. I respect Deepali for the way she handled her exit...sometimes, it is better to leave with dignity than to hang on shamelessly. 

I don't think Daljeet has any special acting skills or charm that Deepali lacks. They were both equally good supporting actors. The only thing that worked for Daljeet was a better negotiating tactic. She used the media to leak rumors about quitting the show, manipulated the fans to beg her to stay, then used that power to get the PH to give in to her demands, which ultimately started the downfall of this show. 

She did a great job using the fans to get what she wanted but now she's telling the same fans to "chill out" when they give negative feedback about her role. If you can't handle the pressure and acting skills that come with being a lead, don't demand a bigger role. 

She's never been a lead female on any successful show in the past so why would she be under the delusion that she had a lead role on this show, when it was obvious to anyone with eyes that this show was carried by two people, BS and SI, from day one.

Now, the need to force in a storyline for Anjali has killed the essence of this show. She is a regressive and boring character, that is reflective of our show these days. The refreshing charm of the past is gone. The day Arnav and Khushi reunited, the TRPs were 3.7. If they focused on the love story and didn't take the DKS route the following week, the ratings would have skyrocketed to the top. I hope they correct their mistakes before its too late.

Pri our thoughts match so beautifully lately

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmyShwetha!incandescent

Shwetha! IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:19am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

OmNaMaSteOmincandescent

Akanksha- IF-Rockerz
Akanksha-
Akanksha-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:20am | IP Logged

Great post Fari. Between the news of Deepali quitting and Khushi bringing Shyam back to the house, I don't know what to think. I respect Deepali for the way she handled her exit...sometimes, it is better to leave with dignity than to hang on shamelessly. 

I don't think Daljeet has any special acting skills or charm that Deepali lacks. They were both equally good supporting actors. The only thing that worked for Daljeet was a better negotiating tactic. She used the media to leak rumors about quitting the show, manipulated the fans to beg her to stay, then used that power to get the PH to give in to her demands, which ultimately started the downfall of this show. 

She did a great job using the fans to get what she wanted but now she's telling the same fans to "chill out" when they give negative feedback about her role. If you can't handle the pressure and acting skills that come with being a lead, don't demand a bigger role. 

She's never been a lead female on any successful show in the past so why would she be under the delusion that she had a lead role on this show, when it was obvious to anyone with eyes that this show was carried by two people, BS and SI, from day one.

Now, the need to force in a storyline for Anjali has killed the essence of this show. She is a regressive and boring character, that is reflective of our show these days. The refreshing charm of the past is gone. The day Arnav and Khushi reunited, the TRPs were 3.7. If they focused on the love story and didn't take the DKS route the following week, the ratings would have skyrocketed to the top. I hope they correct their mistakes before its too late.

Priyanka,
leave about successful and unsuccessful show. She played lead only in her first show. All her next ventures are either supporting or cameos. All of a sudden she wanted to be the lead for the most popular show which became popular only for Sarun if many agree or not. She is such aCensored I dont see any difference between reel and real. Period!!!Sleepy

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AmazingAmyOmNaMaSteOmincandescent

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I have been reading comments that DB did not do anything wrong by demanding or negotiating. I don't know if you remember but I was one those people who wanted DB to stay because I felt her demand was fair. 
As fans we never get to know the whole story but we do get to see parts of it and after witnessing the whole thing I can't appreciate the way the negotiation happened. We had no idea Deepali was quitting until today, she mysteriously disappeared from the show 3 episode ago and many of us thought she was on leave. The news was not leaked out until today. 

But news of Daljeet's decision was leaked a long time ago. After the initial rumors, the news died down for sometime and later it resurfaced and then Daljeet gave interviews she might change her mind if the PH and channel agree to her conditions. We fell for it and demanded that she stays in the show. It makes me wonder whether Daljeet actually wanted to quit in the first place?

When the show started Payal had the same importance as Anjali. One was the male leads sister and the other was the female leads sister. Look where it has come down to. 

Hey (I don't know your name, sorryEmbarrassed), I agree with you. Even I was one of those people defending Daljeet in the beginning, but now after seeing what the show has come to, I'm beginning to wonder if I was wrong. I still like Daljeet as an actress, but she certainly seems to be a bit manipulative in getting what she wants. It's almost as if she wanted to replace Sanaya as a lead, and Abhas replace Barun.Confused Nowadays there is more Shyam-Anjali than Arnav-Khushi, and that's just plain weird. I wonder that Barun and Sanaya don't protest to the CVs themselves.

Btw, when you and others here wrote DB I thought you guys were talking about Debina Bonnerjee, who's also referred to by the same initials. But I realized that was absurd since she's in no way shape or form related to this showROFL, and then I realized Daljeet Bhanot as the same initials.Stern Smile Talk about having a blond moment.LOL

Hey...I am Fari. Smile

I agree with every word you've said. 

The whole show has turned into Shyam-Anjali love saga at the cost of Arhi's love story and characterizations. Confused 

OmNaMaSteOm

Kiely IF-Rockerz
Kiely
Kiely

i wish her the best and i have increased my respect for her
though i have lost respect for DB ..(sorry for the actor)

incandescent

Akanksha- IF-Rockerz
Akanksha-
Akanksha-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:23am | IP Logged

Thanks Priyanka.

But news of Daljeet's decision was leaked a long time ago. After the initial rumors, the news died down for sometime and later it resurfaced and then Daljeet gave interviews she might change her mind if the PH and channel agree to her conditions. We fell for it and demanded that she stays in the show. It makes me wonder whether Daljeet actually wanted to quit in the first place? Even I feel our love for Daljeet/Anjali was used. 

Fari,
Deepali not being satisfied with her role was not new. There were some articles that she was not satisfied. But she maintained her dignity without creating ruckus or attracting media attention by announcing leaving the show. Where as the other despo shamelessly asked fans to send mails asking her not to leave the show( everyone knows she used the same mails to neogtiate).She can beg for appreciation mails and cant take hate mails for the character and asking the fans to chill out. Unproffesional to the TAngry

Edited by sarunfan4ever - 07 September 2012 at 9:25am

OmNaMaSteOmincandescent

Go to top