Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Daljeet can get a meatier role,why can't Deepali?

incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

I am making a post after ages because I seriously don't know what to write these days. I am sad that Deepali is quitting but at the same time I am happy for her because she will get to explore herself. Let's face it, she was underutilized in the show and which actor would want that?

Deepali never really got the deserved screen space or a substantial character for that matter although she was originally signed as the parallel lead. Dig up the old IPKKND articles and you will find Deepali mentioned as the parallel lead of IPKKND. But her role was reduced to a mere side character getting lesser attention than anyone else in the show.

Why would she want to stay?

But I want to know that if the PH can agree to give meatier roles to other parallel leads why not Deepali? She is the female lead's sister and has a very important role. She could have been a support system to her sister but she hardly got scenes with Sanaya. When Garima's  past is revealed Payal's reaction to the whole thing could have been a wonderful side track. Khushi is shown to be more worried for her sister in law than her own sister. Akash worries for everyone else but not his wife.

If Deepali is leaving the show then she will be replaced with another actress. There is so much scope for the character but even when a new actress comes, will the cvs explore these options?  Or will the day begin with Di and end with Di?

Why is the PH so reluctant to utilize all the actors in the show? 

EDIT...where is mamaji? The man has disappeared in thin air and no one is bothered about it. why? 

Edited by incandescent - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starry66 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
well said!

its very sad to hear that deepali is leaving but she was sidelined...so i wish her the best of luck!
_Dazzling_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Coz it was initially named Didi ki Saut not Behena ki Didi!!😆

On a serious note Good post Fari!!I agree!!
Edited by _Dazzling_ - 11 years ago
ipkkndfanforeva thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
i had the same reaction!!

She can too like Daljeet demand for more screen space.
Saath saath Dogra ko bhi screen space mil jayega!😉
She totally deserves it!!
rima thumbnail
fari good point

and there were so many posts asking DB not to leave
why not for for payal
at least her role will be more constructive
she is a true sister to khushi and not a weepy type
i like deepali a lot
i also liked daljeet
but eventally these writers have to decide how they will use their side characters
it can prove destructive like with DB

and it can prove constructive like with NK (I am sad NK is also neglected. so is akshay)
Edited by rima - 11 years ago
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
The reason is that they have not "Negotiated" to the superior level as the actress playing RUDALI has! She even managed to change the WHOLE storyline and get 15 out of 20 minutes of every episode!

She should write a book on negotiations! She managed to sideline a IMMENSLY popular LEAD pair in favour of her Abala Nari storyline! i give her chops coz the women has SKILLS! She is skilled in how to milk something for everything it's worth!

Barun was on leave, PH was worried about TRP, a few "phangirls" petitioned the PH to make Rudali stay and voila, we get IPKKND turned into "Didi Ki Sautan"!!

When fans complain this is NOT what they signed up to see, the previouse head writer, the infamous "MR TWITTER " said "Dhekna Hain to Deko"!! That line is now more famous than HIM!!

So you see, Deepali though a highly educated and talented individual is NOT as skilled in the art of  "Manipulation" as someone else on this show! Therefore she has chosen to leave to persue greener pastures than try to FORCE the PH to change the storyline!! I respect her for her decision! I wish her the BEST!
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 11 years ago
Badtameeez thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
I just read an article she quit :|
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I agree 100% with your post! The show is all about Arnav Di, whereas Khushi's Di has no importance. Where's the fairness in that? The tracks nowadays center around Anjali whereas Payal has no voice or character anymore. I don't blame Deepali a bit in quitting. Everyone has more of a role than her, even Hariprakash.🤔
Rag1ni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 8
The female "lead" herself finds her role poorly thought out and written most of the times, so not surprised that Deepali gets totally sidelined. I am glad she is moving on, sans the drama that we experienced some months ago when that other lady almost quit. I don't know about the PH, but the fandom cannot handle another round of intense negotiations and speculate and angst over how much this will change everything about the show. Good luck to Deepali, I am sure there are many shows out there which will use her better.
anuprika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

YA deepali is talented let her try for her good future.

just a few months before when daljeet said the same we supported her like nothing
that we want to see her character progress and all.
and now there is not a single day when she is bashed.
we dont want arshi screen space to be decreased.
so if anjali was not accepted more onscreen i realy doubt will payal be.
PH would even be thinking the same.
so better for them her and us let her go.😊