Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

is Aishwariya Rai bachchan an international icon? (Page 4)

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PuffinHypercity

Originally posted by qwww

That poor woman has shunned the limelight(When was her last movie  last century? ) and is happily raising a daughter but people still derive pleasure in making up such topics to get her out of their system. lage raho

Oh please stop this Ekta Kapoor serial meoldrama act.

I am not after her, saw some people claiming that she is an international icon and I wanted to discuss us that I don't see anything wrong with that so I don't get why you are so much against my topicLOL
hai Hai yeh Melodrama!LOL

This is a free forum  - you post whatever you want  - dont need my permission.  And I can comment whatever I feel about it  without having to offer you an explanation - see same rules for both of us.
Enjoy your topic Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Lord_Voldemortpreity*zintaashna26

FabAahana Goldie
FabAahana
FabAahana

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
International icon means a person who is popular in more than one country. Therefore I would say that yes she is an international icon. But she is not the only Indian to be so. You cannot deny the fact that she is popular than most of our Indian actors/actresses even though it is because of her PR machinery. People abroad do know who she is(not all of them).

Foreign papers and websites one or the other time have run an article about her. She was on cover of Times Magazine and many other coveted international magazines, was member of the jury at the Film Festival, voted one of the world most beautiful & influential people, have wax figure at MT museum, appeared on various foreign talk shows, has a tulip in Netherlands named after her, limited edition barbie doll inspired by her were released. When she walks on red carpet at international event she do gets notice by the media unlike other Indian actors. What else is needed to be an international icon?

Edited by Faberica - 08 September 2012 at 2:33am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Lord_Voldemortpreity*zintaReal.MadridTerenaina

preity*zinta IF-Sizzlerz
preity*zinta
preity*zinta

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 5:48pm | IP Logged

I think Ms.Reddy sums it up nicely.

A few flops in Hollywood doesn't mean squat (at least IMO). She could've had commercial success in few Will Smith movies she was offered.

If you want to list out all the directors she hasn't worked with why not talk about the ones she has worked with. Such as Mani Ratnam, SLB, Ashutosh Gowariker, Subhash Ghai, Rituparno Ghosh, Rajkumar Santoshi and so on. That's a pretty impressive resume if you ask me.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Real.Madrid

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Karan offered Dostana to Aish but she felt doing that kind of role as a married woman opposite her husband would've been disrespectful so she turned it down

She's the only actress who gave birth, not looking in shape still having offeres from big directors. Raju offered her a movie but aish is willing to work with ONLY her husband, I read from a new article tha's why she's turning down offers unless they cast her husband

Real.Madrid

aisa Senior Member
aisa
aisa

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 6:01pm | IP Logged
 I like her but she is no international icon she is   well known  and a very beautiful woman
KallaPathar Groupbie
KallaPathar
KallaPathar

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 5:08am | IP Logged
She is a international icon, her journey started from her winning miss world and with Devdas exposer she gained loads of popularity abroad. I don't think there are many Indian actors who gets as much response from western media then Aishwarya, her being pregnant, giving birth, getting engaged, married etc got a place in all the big Hollywood magazines/sites which tells you something.
Without any bias if she was not an International known face a top magazine like rolling stone would care less publishing an article about her and that too happened back in 2003, so now her status has just reached big heights. 
I think she is a quite a star internationally. 

Edited by KallaPathar - 08 September 2012 at 5:08am
Shayu. IF-Rockerz
Shayu.
Shayu.

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 5:15am | IP Logged
Aishwarya!!!! International Icon!!!!!!!Shocked NO WAY!!!!!

tomnjerry2

tomnjerry2 IF-Addictz
tomnjerry2
tomnjerry2

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 5:17am | IP Logged
Internationally known n International Icon r two different things..rn't they ??

An Icon is somene who has some impact over the inernational arena..wht imapct this woman has ?? LOL

Keep-----------Smiling !!!Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Shayu.bambogli

Go to top