Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Arhi: Desert Rose #2 Chapter 17 updated page 116 (Page 32)

charlotte74 IF-Dazzler
charlotte74
charlotte74

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by swatim318

wooowww lovely story...

But pleeez dont give us Arnavless updates.. it hurts...

just kidding... i know its the need of the story..

awesome track..

update soon...

I hate it myself actually... next update starts with him Smile

onlyindiaforums Newbie
onlyindiaforums
onlyindiaforums

Posted: 15 September 2012 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Hi there, I don't really have anything elaborate to say, I know you probably read my previous comment - you usually say a hello to me, but since you didn't, I've copied it below again :)

"Charlotte! This isn't a 'Res' - I hate those! I'm in the middle of a busy work day, so I've only like SKIMMED through this at a speed that will put Milkha Singh to shame! I'll write later (and not in this post, so you don't have to keep checking back!) when I've read properly.

But, I just had to share my first thought with you - would you believe that after this entire chapter, the only thing I thought of was the line that had Ria in it?! If Arnav's been sleeping with her while being secretly obsessed with our Khushi here, then I'm out of here, SAMJHI TUM (Arnav style :P) Aaand if after what happened he went straight to another woman's arms, then toh you wait and watch!

(Er of course I'll never be out of here, I'm quite the loyal one to you :-))

Gotta rush to a meeting now - traveling in the evening, will possibly write tomorrow. Thankfully, I didn't listen to you and checked before Friday :P

<3"

Erm, so yeah that was my previous comment and I demand an response :P Accha I've been drinking too much, just like Arnav it seems.. and I seem to be picking up this bad habit of writing comments while I'm drinking and sitting at a pub alone after a long day of work.. So yeah, I'm sitting at a pub with my laptop after a long day of work.. sipping on Vodka tonic (my fav).. the men here, of course, think it's all an excuse for them to approach me - that's one place where they are no different anywhere in the world!

Either way, what happened in the chapter was not what I had thought earlier - that Khushi will not be accusatory coz she was in the chapter. I thought she would just stoically take responsibility for what happened and be in control for once. But, that didn't happen. She sounded quite bitter and accusatory - honestly, she had no reason to. The deceit was started by her - reason notwithstanding. In fact, he almost spelled it out to her in so many words when he asked her about what the lovemaking meant to her. And she rebuffed.

But you know what the beauty of your characters is? I understand where both of them are coming from. I understand Arnav's insecurities which make him say those things and I understand Khushi's insecurities which make her not want to make herself vulnerable to him.

Of course, Ria needs to be clarified. I will not spare you if Arnav has been.. oh I've already said that, haven't I? And erm, you know that I'll be here no matter what you do :-) FINE! I'm not too worried honestly, given we are both M&B suckers and we both cannot imagine Khushi or Arnav with anyone other than each other!

But yeah, my favorite part about this story continues to be Arnav's intense love for Khushi and Khushi' self respect in spite of her intense love for Arnav.

Charlotte, don't be mad at me if I'm not as lucid as usual. You know what vodka does. Next drink is dedicated to you, my friend :-) So, when should I check next? I'm in the same country another couple days before I fly out Monday morning, sigh.

<3

Edited by onlyindiaforums - 15 September 2012 at 11:07am
charlotte74 IF-Dazzler
charlotte74
charlotte74

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by onlyindiaforums

Hi there, I don't really have anything elaborate to say, I know you probably read my previous comment - you usually say a hello to me, but since you didn't, I've copied it below again :)

"Charlotte! This isn't a 'Res' - I hate those! I'm in the middle of a busy work day, so I've only like SKIMMED through this at a speed that will put Milkha Singh to shame! I'll write later (and not in this post, so you don't have to keep checking back!) when I've read properly.

But, I just had to share my first thought with you - would you believe that after this entire chapter, the only thing I thought of was the line that had Ria in it?! If Arnav's been sleeping with her while being secretly obsessed with our Khushi here, then I'm out of here, SAMJHI TUM (Arnav style :P) Aaand if after what happened he went straight to another woman's arms, then toh you wait and watch!

(Er of course I'll never be out of here, I'm quite the loyal one to you :-))

Gotta rush to a meeting now - traveling in the evening, will possibly write tomorrow. Thankfully, I didn't listen to you and checked before Friday :P

<3"

Erm, so yeah that was my previous comment and I demand an response :P Accha I've been drinking too much, just like Arnav it seems.. and I seem to be picking up this bad habit of writing comments while I'm drinking and sitting at a pub alone after a long day of work.. So yeah, I'm sitting at a pub with my laptop after a long day of work.. sipping on Vodka tonic (my fav).. the men here, of course, think it's all an excuse for them to approach me - that's one place where they are no different anywhere in the world!

Either way, what happened in the chapter was not what I had thought earlier - that Khushi will not be accusatory coz she was in the chapter. I thought she would just stoically take responsibility for what happened and be in control for once. But, that didn't happen. She sounded quite bitter and accusatory - honestly, she had no reason to. The deceit was started by her - reason notwithstanding. In fact, he almost spelled it out to her in so many words when he asked her about what the lovemaking meant to her. And she rebuffed.

But you know what the beauty of your characters is? I understand where both of them are coming from. I understand Arnav's insecurities which make him say those things and I understand Khushi's insecurities which make her not want to make herself vulnerable to him.

Of course, Ria needs to be clarified. I will not spare you if Arnav has been.. oh I've already said that, haven't I? And erm, you know that I'll be here no matter what you do :-) FINE! I'm not too worried honestly, given we are both M&B suckers and we both cannot imagine Khushi or Arnav with anyone other than each other!

But yeah, my favorite part about this story continues to be Arnav's intense love for Khushi and Khushi' self respect in spite of her intense love for Arnav.

Charlotte, don't be mad at me if I'm not as lucid as usual. You know what vodka does. Next drink is dedicated to you, my friend :-) So, when should I check next? I'm in the same country another couple days before I fly out Monday morning, sigh.

<3

Hi!

The reason you didn't see my hello was because I sent you a PM and here is what I said in it 

OIF, 

I will wait for your detailed comment. But do you know you are trying to become a manifestation of my subconscious?Smile

I already wrote the part about the "Samjhi Tum" and I think you won't be disappointed with ...saint Arnavji ...should I say?Wink 

I am still old fashioned and believe in the whole one woman man theory.

I haven't read your comment yet ...so I will respond to it shortly

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

onlyindiaforums

charlotte74 IF-Dazzler
charlotte74
charlotte74

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by onlyindiaforums

So Vodka tonic is it? I prefer a little fruit in it myself so a Cosmo is my occasional choice and no ...I don't have any men approaching me because those days are long gone. Or maybe it is do with the fact that I usually have a man sitting opposite me --- the man who I am married to J

Khushi's been orphaned since she was fifteen and though she has learnt to be independent financially, she lacks experience - in dealing with men.

She knew after she was swept away by emotions so much so as to allow Arnav to make love to her, that once they reach home how everything would be misconstrued. She realized that telling him she loves him now would be treated only scepticism and disdain. So she decides attack is the best form of self defence. She accuses him of planning a seduction ' which was not far from the truth --- his presumptions notwithstanding.

Spot on :-)

I replied to this in my PM and as a response to your previous comment... and at the risk of repeating myself terribly old fashioned :-) in other words M&B sucker :-)

Yes, love has begun for both of them --- Khushi has realized it as she doesn't have any past demons to deal with and can think clearly, unlike Arnav who will need a little more time

If this is you being not lucid I shudder to think what would happen if you were sober :-) So with a virtual cosmo in my hand I say cheers to you my friend  and  Before checking for my next update I hope you check my PMs :-) and from next time I will make sure my responses are right here instead.

<3

OIF, My replies inline. 

I hope I have an update out by this friday. Some family commitments this week.

Cheers!

Edited by charlotte74 - 16 September 2012 at 2:02am

onlyindiaforums

onlyindiaforums Newbie
onlyindiaforums
onlyindiaforums

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 2:27am | IP Logged
I'm such a klutz, Charlotte. You're right, I really should open my PM inbox. It is only after you said so in so many words that I went and opened the inbox and read your PM. Awwwness you are <3

Thing is I'm not too active with this IF account and I only log in to comment on your FF and another one. So, I'm not very savvy with this PM thing. But now, I shall be! I'll be sure to log in and check my inbox in case you've said something :D

And yeah, even before you clarified, I did say that I didn't think that you and I thought differently in the whole M&B situation :-)

I'll be on a flight most of Monday, sleeping most of Tuesday and in a conference all of Wednesday, so will check on Thursday and Friday. Have fun with family this week!

<3

charlotte74

Honkytonk Goldie
Honkytonk
Honkytonk

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Khushi's happiness wasn't going to last long...but it was over quicker then I imagined...poor Arnav must feel so devastated at the way he was treated...no wonder he is so mad at everyone...but now Khushi has to be careful of evil Shyam now!!

Thanks for PM

charlotte74

lylow Goldie
lylow
lylow

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 9:32am | IP Logged
I read all the chapters in one go and all I have to say is FREAKING AWESOME!!!
Definitely one of the best FF I have come across...
I really love your writing style and character portrayal..specially Arnav's character portrayal...I will be looking out for the updates from hereafter :)

charlotte74

peepli IF-Rockerz
peepli
peepli

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Updatewa kab milega..hello hi bye bye...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

charlotte74thechaigirl

Go to top