"Indian men have herd mentality" - Kareena (Maxim) - Page 7

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by blue-ice

I can't be bothered to read the whole interview...can please someone explain..in what reference did she say that indian men have heard mentality...

Just a general statement...that men all over the world do not think from their brains but from what lies below the belt when they see a beautiful woman...if thats what she is talking about then why just blame the Indian men...they are all the same...😆...

No she meant guys want their wives covered up but want to see other women in skimmy clothes ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†
Edited by wat_up - 11 years ago
[quote]Enycedoll, Kareena may get influenced by her immediate boyfriend, but the term herd mentality doesnt apply to her. She's never followed SOCIETY'S standards. Not in terms of choices she had to make, not even in terms of likes/dislikes.
Went out and is marrying a divorced man with two kids with a different faith than her. To hell with what people say.
She is the last to be associated with herd mentality. [/quote]

I would agree if this was some average Indian girl doing this but these rules don't apply to wealthy high society.  They always have divorces and children from various women and older rich men will often trade in the first spouse for a younger one.  In Kareena's society, none of this really matters.  Even her own sister married a divorced man.  Her parents got separated early on too.  Her own family is known for affairs and such.  Raj Kapoor was a famous and well known cheater.

This is all common and normal for them.
Edited by anonymous39 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by wat_up

No she meant guys want their wives covered up but want to see other women in skimmy clothes ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†
OK so she meant what I have said😆😆
Kareena not all men have a herd mentality, it just probably the men you keep a company with. I personally have never questioned a women on her clothing nor do ever expect a women to change herself to fit my beliefs. Just because you have film coming out, which your future is hinging on, it doesn't mean you can label all men as having same beliefs. In the past few weeks, she has been on a roll with giving controversial statements. Desperate much for attention?!
Also, looking at the posters of Herione, those "herd mentality" men seems to be the target audience of the film.
Kareena made a very generalizing statement, but it was because the question was like that. Being asked what she doesn't like about Indian men is a very general question, and she answered it in a very general way. I don't think she meant all Indian men are like that, but what many tend to do. If the question was reversed and instead she was asked what she liked about Indian men (again a generic question), she'd answer in a generic way and say something positive instead - but she'd generalize all Indian men again. The thing is, generalizing negatively makes people rage, but generalizing positively makes people applaud; but at the end of the day it's generalizing. It's just how the question was worded, and that's how she answered it. If she thinks Indian men tend to behave like how she mentioned, it's her opinion, and she probably has a reason for it; but I don't think she meant everyone is like that. She probably should have used the words "tend to" or "not all are like that" to make her sound like she's not stereotyping all Indian men. I am trying to make a point but I think I am just blabbering. ðŸ˜† 
Exactly, someone bothered to read the interview. She was asked what indian men need to improve on, what is she supposed to say?

Haha, hotmess, you actually read it, kudos ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by MrManagement

Kareena not all men have a herd mentality, it just probably the men you keep a company with. I personally have never questioned a women on her clothing nor do ever expect a women to change herself to fit my beliefs. Just because you have film coming out, which your future is hinging on, it doesn't mean you can label all men as having same beliefs. In the past few weeks, she has been on a roll with giving controversial statements. Desperate much for attention?!
Also, looking at the posters of Herione, those "herd mentality" men seems to be the target audience of the film.

Did you read the question? ðŸ˜†
She was asked, "What do Indian men need to improve on"
If that's a question, what is she supposed to say? Anything she said would have HAD to be a general statement. Atleast she made a deep statement. She could have said something stupid like "indian men need to improve on hygiene" which would have gotten even more controversy.

And I agree with her stance on desi men. 
My main complaint with em. They are dictated by society, and that society influences their sense of right and wrong, who to marry, religion, social interaction, etc.

Not all men, but yes, the majority living in India and Pakistan. Kudos Kareena, for actually voicing that opinion out loud. A lot of guys werent very happy ðŸ˜†
And what do you mean she wants publicity? She was asked a question and she answered as appropriately as she could. I picked it out from the interview coz I agreed with it ðŸ˜†
I could have chosen any other diplomatic statement from the interview, but it wouldnt have gotten this many views ðŸ˜‰

Edited by desigal90 - 11 years ago
how many indian men does she knows ? that's the question 😆
random post but I read an article of how Saif-Amrita had a secret marriage and their wedding was on October. Now kareena-saif's wedding is scheduled for October
Originally posted by desigal90

Its Maxim, its all about butt and bust for that magazine, lol.

Enycedoll, Kareena may get influenced by her immediate boyfriend, but the term herd mentality doesnt apply to her. She's never followed SOCIETY'S standards. Not in terms of choices she had to make, not even in terms of likes/dislikes.
Went out and is marrying a divorced man with two kids with a different faith than her. To hell with what people say.
She is the last to be associated with herd mentality. 

I think Saif once said that you can never TELL Kareena what to do, ever. It doesnt work with her. She'll instinctively do the opposite coz she's such a rebel. But you have to reason with her, and she'll understand. 

I never said or implied that herd mentatlity would apply to her.

Shes saying indian men have herd mentality cuz they go with the flow and dont break away from tradition...and she goes with the flow of her current boyfriend...so what do u call her mentality?