Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

How many of youll are getting Ganapati Bappa Home? (Page 5)

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
as meexani said...many people i know follow the rule of keeping a metal idol and doing visrajan of it,they keep it in water for about a day and then pack it away for next year
but Visarjan is a MUST ...its strange that they do not do it..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.Roarksukhi...

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
Minakshi's suggestion of immersing it in a bucket only works if the idol is small enough.  But these are life style idols,  so they can't immerse it anywhere.  They could use a shower spray on it, which may damage it, depending on what it's made of.  Dunno whether that would even be compatible w/ tradition.  They are not metal idols that they put there, so it's not like they won't get damaged.  And if they get damaged, they can't be thrown (except by being trashed, which is even worse) and they can't be re-used.  So they do what's simple, and skip the visarjan altogether.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Roarksukhi...

Roark IF-Rockerz
Roark
Roark

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Yes like what Meena said, my freind house follows a tradition where they have a silver idol specifically for this festival. after pooja they do the visarjan that day night itself, i.e., they keep it in water over night and then wash it and keep it inside the next day.

But to me visarjan is an actual visarjan.

@ Vrish, yeah my freinds and cousins miss celebrating Ganesha festival the way it is done here. As far as I know there environ laws dont permit them visarjans too.

Not sure about the rest of India or the world - I have been born and brought up in bangalore - So currently here what they do is that they sell these clay ganesha's which has no paint and is environ friendly. The shop keeper ever says immerse it in bucket and use the clay in your plant pots. I am not tii sure of pots and plants at all. I stay away from it all you see :-)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

-The_Tomboy- IF-Dazzler
-The_Tomboy-
-The_Tomboy-

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 7:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

Just out of curiosity how many of youll will be getting Ganapati Bappa home this year for Ganesh Chaturthi??Embarrassed

Right Here the preparations are on-everyone is booking thier idols,making sweets etc...and the ambiance is a must see its like a VIP is coming...
just about two weeks left Chaturthi is on the 19th of September
ofcourse Bappa is a VIP,and ill admit i wait for Ganesh Chaturthi more than i wait for my birthdayLOL
and i am SO exited 
im always exited for Chaturthi-this time a little moreEmbarrassed
anyone else is getting Ganapati Bappa Home?
along with Bappa our family also does Pooja of Mahadev and Parvati Ji...and the day previous to Chaturthi is Gauri Poojan
infact we even dress Gauri Maa and make her favorite food(since i was small i always eat the Prasad Ki ThaaliLOL),and we make Prasad Ko Khaana For Mahadev Ji as well
so we are having all three of them as our guests!
We too bring bappa home!!! Very excited!! Cuz according to thithi my dada was born on ganesh chaturthi and i on the day before it that is gowri poojan day!!! Eee that's why i am named gowri!!
We do the vaina pooja we decorate coconut and worship it as devi only the bahus of the house do that!!
You know on gowri pooja day we make dishes and two or three we don't put salt that is because it is said the when sati mata went to the yagna she made bajji curry and in urgency forgot to put salt so we too don't put!! We make so many delicacies love the festival!!! Even from small i eat the thali which was kept for nivedam!! We keep total five thali but on banana leaves that is two for ganesha one for mahadev one for gowri maa and one for the ganas

sukhi...

Sia889 IF-Sizzlerz
Sia889
Sia889

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 7:39am | IP Logged

Me Me Me!!!

The last time was the best Ganesh Chaturti I ever celebrated...

Excited for this time!

Regards
Sia

Edited by Killer_Shark - 09 September 2012 at 7:38am

-The_Tomboy-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index