Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

How many of youll are getting Ganapati Bappa Home? (Page 4)

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Roark

Yeah, its my fav and most awaited festival. We do Gowri pooja the previous and next day is Ganesh pooja. But yes, when we wre young, we would get Ganesh moorthi. Not anymore. beacuse everytime we do the visarjan I would land up crying. I never liked letting HIM go and more than that in places like Bangalore you have only lakes, when you stamp over one ganesha and go and immerse your own. i never ever could reconcile to that.

Now they definitely have made better arrangements but for me it came too late in the day - I grew up I guess. But yes, I even now never see HIM go. HE cannot go. Period.

To me everyday is HIS day and Ganesh Chaturthi is HIS Happy Birthday.
ya!!!i have company...even im one big cry baby when it comes to visarjan..i get all sad and cry my heart out...LOL
i cry even today and my mom gets maha irritated with me,i never go for Visrajan
in our house we have a custom that we keep the murti for an entire year and the old murti of the previous year has a visarjan done...
its a custom followed by my family...so we actually have two ganapatis in the house,the new one and one from the previous year..
and despite that i cry...LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12.Vrish.Roarksukhi...

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 8:06am | IP Logged

Some people keep a seperate metal idol like small one in Gold, do sthapana & worship it for 10 days, then for visarjan, they just immerse it in a bucket & pack it & keep it back. So no crying, bappa stays at home only.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.Roark.FemmeFatale.sukhi...

Hichki IF-Rockerz
Hichki
Hichki

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 8:14am | IP Logged
I wish I could bring ganesha home,wish I was in mumbai,here in kolkata ganesh puja is not that famousConfused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

.FairyDust. IF-Sizzlerz
.FairyDust.
.FairyDust.

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 8:25am | IP Logged
I 2 am getting a chweetu - golu-molu bappa home!!Big smile  i am soo excited... just ticking off every second off my finger tips!!Party but we in the south mostly do pooja only of bappa and not mahadev and parvati Confused !
but anyways i am really excited and tnx soo much to shruti for making a post on this and as shruti said this year even i am more excited than ever!! Party wonder why...Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Roark-Nymphadora-

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 6:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

@meenaxi thank you for that story...i never knew the story in detail.
you know when we do visharjan of Bappa we give him a small packet made of leaves that contains food for his journey...
when i was small i used to cry buckets during Ganapati Visarjan...my mom used to tell me hell come next year...but i still used to feel bad...LOL

Oh, we feel that way during Durga puja as well CryLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Roark-Nymphadora-sukhi...

sukhi... IF-Sizzlerz
sukhi...
sukhi...

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Originally posted by shruti.nil

@meenaxi thank you for that story...i never knew the story in detail.
you know when we do visharjan of Bappa we give him a small packet made of leaves that contains food for his journey...
when i was small i used to cry buckets during Ganapati Visarjan...my mom used to tell me hell come next year...but i still used to feel bad...LOL

Oh, we feel that way during Durga puja as well CryLOL

Exactly... CryCry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 6:54am | IP Logged
In the US, however, it is different.  First of all, the celebrations are condensed to the nearest weekend.  However, where I lived, there was one Hindu temple that did it on the Indian days.  Difference though - there, due to environmental laws, you can't dump statues in rivers or waterways.  So at the end of the celebrations, the image was just packed up and put away, and brought back the next year for the same purposes. LOL  So environmental laws ensure that the visarjan is not done.

Never seen any Ganesh Chaturthis there - I'm pretty sure they're celebrated, just that I've not seen them.  I'm willing to bet, however, that they don't do visarjans either.  So Shruti, if ever you can, you could try celebrating it there, and avoiding the heartache LOL

Roarksukhi...

sukhi... IF-Sizzlerz
sukhi...
sukhi...

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 7:12am | IP Logged
OMG!! the idols wer packed... and therefore those packing idols wer workshiped in every year... its horrible Unhappy...at least they can bring a new one na...

.Vrish.Roark

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index