Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

How many of youll are getting Ganapati Bappa Home?

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Just out of curiosity how many of youll will be getting Ganapati Bappa home this year for Ganesh Chaturthi??Embarrassed

Right Here the preparations are on-everyone is booking thier idols,making sweets etc...and the ambiance is a must see its like a VIP is coming...
just about two weeks left Chaturthi is on the 19th of September
ofcourse Bappa is a VIP,and ill admit i wait for Ganesh Chaturthi more than i wait for my birthdayLOL
and i am SO exited 
im always exited for Chaturthi-this time a little moreEmbarrassed
anyone else is getting Ganapati Bappa Home?
along with Bappa our family also does Pooja of Mahadev and Parvati Ji...and the day previous to Chaturthi is Gauri Poojan
infact we even dress Gauri Maa and make her favorite food(since i was small i always eat the Prasad Ki ThaaliLOL),and we make Prasad Ko Khaana For Mahadev Ji as well
so we are having all three of them as our guests!

Edited by shruti.nil - 07 September 2012 at 1:38am

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

shreenidlakshmikumrramki1mnx12.Vrish.shivamalaflamingo_ariesTinacoolvanadhiStrawbellacoolfizzyRoark.FemmeFatale..FairyDust.sukhi...ani_grNikki_Titli

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:25am | IP Logged
Actually before getting Ganesha, we invite Gauri-Mata into our homes first (celebrated the day before Ganesha- Chaturti)

Call the mother  first, son will automatically follow.Smile

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

lakshmikumr.Vrish.vanadhiRoark-Nymphadora-.FairyDust.ani_grNikki_Titli_Meena_

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:28am | IP Logged
@varaali-yeah we do the same thingBig smile..we have gauri Poojan the day before and the next day is Ganesh Chaturthi..
we also do pooja of Mahadev and Parvati along with Ganapati Bappa...and even do immersion of Bappa along with pictures of Mahadev and Parvati which we worship during chaturthi!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.vanadhi.FairyDust.ani_grNikki_Titli

Targaryen-gal IF-Dazzler
Targaryen-gal
Targaryen-gal

CFC Forum Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:39am | IP Logged
We do hav chaturti on 18 but it isn't celebrated in a grand way. We just go to ganesh mandirs and do pooja. But haritalika teej is on 17 and rishipanchami on 19. So I am super duper excited for that!

Btw I love that pic. Father-son love. Looks grt!

Edited by samana17 - 07 September 2012 at 1:39am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.vanadhi-Nymphadora-ani_gr

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:44am | IP Logged

Ganeshotsav is a big festival. We don't get Ganeshji at home but Ganeshji, idols at home is worshipped, specially ladoo making is the exciting part. All the days are so much full of life, devotion & excitement. Visiting various Ganeshji at home & the Sarvajanik ones gives very satisfactory feeling.

lakshmikumrvanadhi-Nymphadora-Nikki_Titli

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:12am | IP Logged
From Ganesh puran,
Once Asrura, Narantak & Devantak, started torturing people of Kashi. On Kashiraj's request Shivji-Paravti had to leave too. Shivji felt bad about it. His son Ganesh came to help him. Kashiraj prayed to Ganeshji to, help hifight the Asuras.
After discussing with the Ganas, who were ready to fight under his leadership, Ganeshji told them, Narantak is powerful, his army is much bigger 7 stronger then us, but we need not worry, we are fighting for the people, go & inform each house & call them to fight.
Ganas did the same. Narantak's army against Ganas with people. But narantak proved to be stronger after days of fighting. He killed many Ganas. But Ganeshji did Shankhnaad, called their remaining warriors back, told him if you'll run away, this Asur will kill you, it's better fight with them once again, we will win..
This time Narantak came to fight with Ganesh, who removes a bana, given to him at the time of his Yagyopavit by Shivji, who had told him, this bana will save you. Ganesh remembered mother Parvati, Suryadev & killed Narantak with it.
Everyone was happy, kashiraj prayed to Ganesh, told himto be their Senapati. Ganeshji refused saying his work is over, now he will go back.
Ganeshji along with some Ganas left Kashi, everyone was quitesad. To remember Ganesh, hios idol was made & kept in a temple. It was Bhadrapad Chaturthi day.
On his way, Ganesh passed many states, was worshipped everywhere, he went, with his idol being made & worshipped in temple. They celebrated it like a festival. Like this 10 days journey was over.
Now what? was thequestion. Ganeshji decided to leave his body, since his work was over& there was peace among people.
Ganas got scared. Ganeshji told them not to worry, he went to the river, through yoga, left his body, that was the evening  of Ananta Chaturdashi.
To rember this event, these 10 dayswere decided for Ganesh's sthapana,pooja etc. That's how Ganeshotsav started.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

lakshmikumrflamingo_ariesvanadhiOtakuGirl-Debosukhi...-Nymphadora-Nikki_Titli

-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:26am | IP Logged
@meenaxi thank you for that story...i never knew the story in detail.
you know when we do visharjan of Bappa we give him a small packet made of leaves that contains food for his journey...
when i was small i used to cry buckets during Ganapati Visarjan...my mom used to tell me hell come next year...but i still used to feel bad...LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lakshmikumrmnx12.Vrish.vanadhi.FairyDust.

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:33am | IP Logged

@Shruti, everyone feels sad, when he leaves. He lives with us during all those days, the feeling is like one of our family memer is going. It is a sad moment. Giving him food for the way is such a sweet thought.Smile

lakshmikumrflamingo_ariesvanadhiNikki_Titli

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index