Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PR this week: Purvi deconstructed (Page 9)

zeezee55 Goldie
zeezee55
zeezee55

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 5:03am | IP Logged
ClapThumbs UpClap  Excellent!!!  I loved the way your analysed Purvi.  Today a friend of mine was sympathising Purvi because Archana had given her such a tight slap (we are stil one episode behind!!) and I told her if I were Purvi's mother she would have got more than just a tight slap!!

Purvi has always been high-handed.  She does only what she wants.  She had been rude to Arjun even though he was her boss.  But i thought she had mellowed after falling in love with Arjun.  sigh... I was wrong ... that old Purvi was always there, will always be there... under the surface...

I hope i am quoting this right ... "It's not that she loved Arjun less, but she loved her mother more!!!!"

Although Purvi cannot be absolved of blame, to be fair to Purvi (and we must), i think giving up Arjun was a tough one, a very tough one.  There is nothing in the world more catalytic than guilt - and Ovi played the guilt card extremely well.   Purvi was adopted and although Archana has never given her reason to feel so, nevertheless Purvi felt that she owed Archana a debt of gratitude ... many of us who are not adopted may not realise the depth of such a feeling.  And in recent times, there had been references to her being adopted and that she was not part of the Deshmukh family.  Purvi in not only uniting Archana and Manav, was also i believe wanting to have the right to call Manav 'father' .  As i mentioned in another post, Manav has not fully accepted Purvi as his daughter and Purvi had a long way to go to do so...  Purvi paid a very very heavy price to earn the right to be a Deshmukh... 

I don't think Purvi is as bad as painted, yes, she planned and executed the marriage switch extremely well - you cannot expect anything less from Purvi because that is who she is.  She has that inner strength to hold her emotions in check to carry out what she felt was the right thing to do.   And I think Purvi has some inferior complex in her that is why she behaves so high-handed.  She does not know her parentage and in a country like India it is important to know your parentage and your lineage, and I suppose she must have wondered who she really is, who her parents were... I am assuming that ARchana did not know who the parents are. She probably felt that Arjun was too good for her (he probably is - i'm sure he would never trade her for anyone else no matter what)  and that she did not deserve him (well now she probably does not ... like i said in another post, she 'returned to sender' a god-sent gift).  But taking these weaknesses into consideration, i can empathise with Purvi and would not be too harsh on her.  She is pretty much misguided and wanting to "belong". 

Anyway, to cut my rantngs short.  I want to see an ARVI REUNION but i think Purvi needs to learn a harsh lesson that you do not trade people you love like a commidity.  AND OVI needs to learn the same thing and also needs to learn that not all love is reciprocated and when such a thing happens to one, one should learn to accept the inevitable and move on instead of making everybody's life miserable.  So i think Arjun should teach both Ovi and Purvi a lesson to respect humanity and being humane - that one should not treat a person like a commidity.  Because that is what happened both Arjun and Archana became a commidity that was traded between Ovi and Purvi...

Edited by zeezee55 - 08 September 2012 at 5:03am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

ss4123dolce123namitagloryzAxiomjdronamrajuForeverSHINeeAshlaikaNadaCintasoapwatcher1sashashyam

vgiri Senior Member
vgiri
vgiri

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 7:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

Don't worry Vilasini, your heart's desire will be duly fulfilled!

As for what I feel at this stage, please see my joint response to Jyothi, Laurie and Archana above, especially the part about the lady, her knight, and the handkerchief in the lion pit.

Shyamala

Originally posted by vgiri

Shyamala..yes AK def. back..  But I am scared of this avatar.. not able to predict his next move. He is furious, hope he takes the right step. Purvi still doesnt have any feeling for him. He has to taunt her like this atleast 100 times to make her realize her mistake. In a way you are right, dont know whether she deserves his love. But my heart wants them to get back together..Day Dreaming
Shyamala.. yes that part I thoroughly enjoyed..

No, Archana, I do not think their relationship will be better the next time around. You are not considering the basic point. To put it melodramatically, he worshipped the ground she walked on, like one of the knights in medieval tales. She has behaved like the lady in the jousting tournament who threw her handkerchief into the lion pit and then looked at her cavalier to retrieve it for her, so that she could show the others how she completely controlled him. He did climb down into the lion put and managed to retrieve the handkerchief, but then he came up and threw it in her face. This is exactly what, to my mind, has happened in the Arjun-Purvi relationship.

Shyamala/Laurie/Archana/jyo, Any strong prediction about the future track?
Jhanvi has a poll for the ARVI future, I chose other and said, I have failed to derive a pattern so I do not know what is going to happen. CVs may bring back the first guy Purvi was going to get engaged to..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

archverma10AxiomAshlaikasoapwatcher1

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Definitely, Shyamala...She is WOH LADKI.. for all of us..I am all with you on this.. It is going to be something the she has to do in gigantic proportions for me to accept her again, if I ever will. For now, though, she is definitely not ours, any more.

@ blue.

No, no, Jyothi, never just you. Even before he redeemed himself yesterday, I would never have given up on Arjun completely no matter how angry I was with him for  what he has done to himself (and to us). Anymore than I would have dumped my Sasha if he had done something equally stupid. I think of Arjun as I would think of my own boy in a similar predicament; I might give him the thrashing of his life (which is what DK gives him, a verbal thrashing by his standards), but then I would have picked him up and comforted him.

This of course does not mean I would excuse his extreme folly in delivering himself, bound hand and foot, to that girl. Yes, she is now, for me, woh ladki, just as Teju and Ovi used to call Archana woh aurat.

Shyamala

Originally posted by jdronamraju

After all said and done, right now, it is only Ms. Ovi who can say "Mere paas Arjun Hain !!"

Archana is quite a bit to blame for the way Purvi is right now. Not taking away Purvi's idiotic fault in this. But, to bring an orphan child into your home, and constantly lament before her, your love for your long lost husband, how you would give everything you have to live with your daughters, how mahaan he is, is no small thing. The child is psyched into this mahaanness from the get go. No wonder, she is a Aai happiness obsessed girl. She was indirectly constantly reminded of her "orphan" status, and how noble of her mother to take her in. No wonder, she turned out this way. Even before the wedding, all Archana does, even unknowingly, is remind Purvi, how her wedding has caused havoc in her relationship with Ovi and Manav, how she can give anything to stay with "her" family.

This, ofcourse, no way excuses what Purvi did to Arjun. She is an adult now, can think for herself outside the boundary of her mother. The sheer selfishness with which she went about this in a pre-meditated way, aghasts me. Such is her boundless love for Arjun, that she can do this after he handed over his heart to her. Anyway, no use going over spilt milk. Yes, Arjun is a fool to have agreed to it. Not only is he a putty in her hands, he was also furious, that day, when she said she can stand watching him getting married to someone else, a little of rebound effect is also there.
But, I expected him to say, GO TO HELL, and walk away.. But, alas, that is not the intent of the story ...Smile..that would be consistent with the original Arjun Kirloskar, but who we have is just a shell of that person..

Now, as per this MahaEpisode, Purvi can fall flat on her face, for all her Mahaantha is such a wasted effort. And, in a very sadistic way, I am happy about it for she deserves this. She has shattered our boy's life with such callousness, and without a second thought.
Now, her Aai, is gonna go waltzing away in her 50+ weakling of a husband's arms, and leave this chit in her own "orphan" status !! Such wll be her fate for destroying the life of a foolish man who handed over his heart in her hands..

She can watch from the sidelines, as her mahaan Aai has a blissful family life with her new found family.
I still call him "our boy" for, all his foolishness in love, I still think he would never have done to Purvi what she has done to him. Such is his blind love for her. Yes, I am very disappointed in him, but am still sticking to him for I cannot desert him on this.. He is still the boy we always loved. Call it my own foolishness, if you may..Smile. I am not sure who is with me anymore, and maybe the sole person bearing the PAP flag, however tattered it may be..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AxiomAshlaikaNadaCintasoapwatcher1sashashyam

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 8:50am | IP Logged
No, Shyamala. I do not want it to be an early Take 2. This time around, I want it to be as tough as possible for her. I want her to feel the pain of separation that she has so kindly bestowed on him, the utter loneliness she has left  him with, the anguish of a betrayal that he is feeling, and what it means to loose someone you really want..We know that she has always had it easy. never again. She needs to suffer and suffer she will for her what she did.

What i was trying to say before was that they dont give us those 6 weeks back again, with nothing of substance, except the same lines repeated all over again, but something tangible..

I do think it is not going to be a Armaan story, and there will be a reunion, but this time around, it  will be on Arjun's terms. although, this was the worst thing that could have happened to him, this was good for Arjun. For, atleast now, he will not be the doormat in the relationship, his blinkers are gone, no blind adoration any more, sure, his unabiding love is still there although masked by extreme anger now. But, it is her loss. The next time around, she will get Arjun, but not the same Arjun, who would have gone to the end of the earth, or even jump off the cliff as he said the other day, for he has WISED up to her. This is all her doing...

But, in all this, my sympathy is only for Arjun, for his utter disappointment in the person he loved so blindly and the heart ache he is going through now. For, he does NOT deserve this !! It was such a boon to get a person who loves you so uneuqivocally, but alas, it is her LOSS for her own selfishness...

Jyothi,

Just for the sake of that splendid "cow eyes", I forgive you your all too eager expectation of an early Arjun-Purvi Take 2. I want her to twist in the air for a good long while. I do not forgive wrongs done to me or mine easily, any more than that medieval knight after he had clambered out of the lion pit.

Then again, given the close parallelism with PR I, remember what happened to Manav and Archana. There was no reunion, happy or otherwise.

Shyamala

Archana,
you are so right.. the whole episode was a real Maha BS..except for this one scene. Everyone in the D-family suddenly developed a conscience out of the blue, and went on and on with their Aai jaap. God, it was so painful to watch.. I tried three times, and all the times, I had to see it in bits and pieces..Manav was the only one who sounded sincere with his concern for Purvi.. to some extent.. and i was happy that AT LAST, he saw what his daughter was capable of .. Still, he didn't do much about it.. If he felt it was so wrong, he just should have got the wedding annulled.:)..it was not even registered, after all...
Archana, the less said about her the better. Something was totally off with her. If she wants to be Purvi's upset and protective mom, then be that. Then, don't go dressed up all OTT and go to a wedding reception which she is supposed to be reluctant to go to. Either you give Ovi your blessings or dont.. what is with all those double edged words.? Isnt she the one who was always lamenting that Ovi hasnt accepted her? She is one confused woman, I tell u..
Rest assured, this cold war from Arjun to Purvi will go on for a few weeks, while everything else is sorted out, divorce, happy family reunion, savita story, and then vishnu court case.. uuff.so many to go.. and then ofcourse, there is Varsha.. and more importantly BALAN'S GUN !! Dont forget that...At some point, suddenly the CV's will pick this up, do something "creative" with ovi and get them back together.. That is a given for sure...
My only hope is, they show some substance scenes between these two and not just dish out stupid stares at each other.. Arjun's mad stares, and Purvi with those cow eyes...

As of today, already had many re-runs online.. and now on the big screen TV, so now Dil khush hain... I am sure it will be at least mid week before another ARVI scene, as Asha is in SA...

so, letus enjoy what we have for today...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ss4123archverma10adittyAxiomAshlaikaNadaCintasashashyam

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Arch, just got a chance to go through the posts on this thread.  Loved yours!  and Bee's though could not see her original post just the quoted version on Shyamala's response.  Two romantic souls!!

Shyamala, I can see where you are coming from and I hope if it was your Sasha, you would have gone further than the lukewarm dressing down DK gave Arjun. DK has actually fallen in my esteem these past few days, the man seems to have his head permanently locked in cloud cool.

As for Purvi, she does deserve all your bashing, as someone else wrote on the thread, I still believe it is not that she loves Arjun less, it is that she loves Archana more.  In that sense, yes, she needs to learn to love him more or at least just as much as she loves her Aai before Arjun and Purvi get back together.

As for Arjun, I still hold he is not quite completely blameless in this, he is a grown man, he could have said no to Purvi's dumb, idiotic, outrageous request just like he said no to her yesterday.  He could have pulled off his engagement ring and thrown it at her face and strode off, leaving both idiot girls agape and at a loss. 

As for Ovi, enough said on my part about her.  I don't hold her more at fault than Purvi, the plan was not even hers in the first place, it was that of the mastermind, Punni.  Ovi brought a proposal, an evil one no doubt, but Purvi was the one who accepted it and Arjun was the one who fulfilled it. 

Knowing the deal between the girls had nothing to do with Arjun agreeing to the wedding so his anger at Ovi and/or his anger at Purvi for keeping the deal a secret from him was overdone.  Who cares why Purvi dumped him, dumped him she did and she did tell him it was for the sake of her mother's happiness.  He should be rightfully furious with just that.  What good would it have done if she had told him the other part of the half truth?  Would he suddenly have had the guts to say no, he would not marry Ovi because the plot was hatched by Ovi?  

Don't get me wrong, Arjun needs to put Ms.Yuckmuck in place for throwing him to the wolves that too on their wedding day, betrayal of the worst kind.  He should more than put her in her place.  As for Ms.DeshMuck, he told her just what she needed to hear that she was selfish and had done this only for herself. I, like dear Laurie, want to see Ms. DeshMuck squirm and squirm some more.  I want Purvi to tear her heart out and realize what a blunder she has made.  As for Punni, my hopes for her cannot be put in words, I would be banned from the forum.  Suffice it to say, the day of reckoning for snooty, scheming Ms. Karanjikar is not long in coming, I hope it is right around the corner with one more eavesdropped phone call between Ovi Ma'am and her precious Punni Tai.  

adittyarchverma10AxiomjdronamrajuAshlaikaNadaCintasashashyam

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Jhanvi,
Yes, Arjun is not blameless at all. We all agree to that. He could have easily walked out that way, and should have. He should have just said 'to the hell with u' and walked out. Having said that, there is one other aspect we have to consider. Mind you, I am not justifying what he did at all. But, if you look at the state of his mind that night, he was in the euphoria of finally getting what he wanted and then he gets her call. He goes to meet her having no clue where she would be taking him. Then, she suddenly plunges the knife in him, so to speak. He is shocked beyond belief for even in his worst nightmare such a thought would not have occured to him. He pleads with her with no success. She is relentlessly pushing him, even when he denies her. And then, when he asks her if she can live wihout him, she says YES! And when he asks her if she can watch him get married to someone else, she says YES ! that, I believe makes him utterly furious beyond reasoning, and he agrees in a rebound. For, i think even at that point he does not believe that she really means it. He still thinks it is not going to happen. That is where he underestimated her. That was his biggest mistake. If he had some time to even think about it or even given a chance to think about it, he would not have done it. In this state of shocked disbelief and his lingering hope that she really does not mean it and his refusal to accept that fact is what made him do it. Knowing Arjun very well, Purvi used this fact and did it in the last minute and did not give him a chance. No body in a sane mind would do this to the person they love in this manner. Again, I still feel that he should have walked out, but just trying to understand why it happpened the way it did and why Arjun ended up like this.

If she had duscussed with him much before about Ovi as we had all expected before, we would not be as furious with her as we arenow. But, it is her deceit and callousness for his fellings is what makes her 'us ladki' now !!!

archverma10adittyAxiomAshlaikasoapwatcher1NadaCintasashashyam

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:02pm | IP Logged

Jhanvi,
Yes, Arjun is not blameless at all. We all agree to that. He could have easily walked out that way, and should have. He should have just said 'to the hell with u' and walked out. Having said that, there is one other aspect we have to consider. Mind you, I am not justifying what he did at all. But, if you look at the state of his mind that night, he was in the euphoria of finally getting what he wanted and then he gets her call. He goes to meet her having no clue where she would be taking him. Then, she suddenly plunges the knife in him, so to speak. He is shocked beyond belief for even in his worst nightmare such a thought would not have occured to him. He pleads with her with no success. She is relentlessly pushing him, even when he denies her. And then, when he asks her if she can live wihout him, she says YES! And when he asks her if she can watch him get married to someone else, she says YES ! that, I believe makes him utterly furious beyond reasoning, and he agrees in a rebound. For, i think even at that point he does not believe that she really means it. He still thinks it is not going to happen. That is where he underestimated her. That was his biggest mistake. If he had some time to even think about it or even given a chance to think about it, he would not have done it. In this state of shocked disbelief and his lingering hope that she really does not mean it and his refusal to accept that fact is what made him do it. Knowing Arjun very well, Purvi used this fact and did it in the last minute and did not give him a chance. No body in a sane mind would do this to the person they love in this manner. Again, I still feel that he should have walked out, but just trying to understand why it happpened the way it did and why Arjun ended up like this.

If she had duscussed with him much before about Ovi as we had all expected before, we would not be as furious with her as we arenow. But, it is her deceit and callousness for his fellings is what makes her 'us ladki' now !!!

Jyothi, I understand why he did it, he was taken totally by surprise and thought he was calling her bluff.  In all this, he didn't give a thought to Ovi.  The guy cannot think beyond Purvi and while that is fine and dandy with us ARVI lovers, getting a girl ready to marry him and then if his love stops him at the last minute, stranding the other girl again is not very nice.  Not a good thing for a best friend to do, Arjun for all his endearing qualities (and I love him, for himself and for Purvi), is not very mature.  I still hold he should have met with CC and have had a heart to heart with her a long time ago, much of this angst could have been avoided.  Indifference is hard to deal with and that is what he dealt Ovi. 
Don't get me wrong, I do NOT like Ovi one bit, her character that is, but I do want to take Arjun's head and bang it alongside of Purvi's on a brick wall.  

adittyarchverma10AxiomjdronamrajuNadaCintaAshlaikasashashyam

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Not with the same force though, Jhanvi !! LOL !! Just a tap would do for our boy !! but, for ur ladli, dont know if she is ur ex-ladli now, feel free to be as forceful as u can :):)

I have heard so many say this, that Arjun should have talked to Ovi, which might have made sense to any other girl, but not in the case of Ovi. I still believe that Ovi would have taken it as encouragement and would not have served the purpose at all. For she had always blamed Purvi for this, and would not have believed Arjun at all.

mandy321adittyAxiomAshlaikaNadaCintasoapwatcher1sashashyam

Go to top