Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PR this week: Purvi deconstructed (Page 20)

vgiri Senior Member
vgiri
vgiri

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kalapi

Originally posted by vgiri

Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

The only problem with this being that nobody 'forced' anyone to do anything . All 3 were adults and took decisions consciously they were not thumb sucking children to be
 coerced . Archana should not slap anyone and stay the hell our of this mess as either support and decision will be very painful .

Kool.. may be I do not fully get your sarcasm here.. but..
Ovi overheard Purvi's conversation with her Manav Baba and made a deal with Purvi..literally blackmailed her, which is worse than Forcing..
Here our Ms. Mahaantha Jr. 'Forced' Arjun to marry Ovi in the name of 'Heights of Love'

Archana's slap.. that is Karankakar's way of saying "u have done an amazing job but Iam better than you"

Vgiri...what was the blackmailng 'force' here?? What could have happened if neither agreed with the deal.

Say, if Purvi didn't accept the deal that Ovi made (as Archana didn't) what could have Ovi done...nothing as I see it...she could probably have been in the hospital fighting for her life...Ovi didn't put a gin to kill anyone as far as I remember...

Secondly, if Arjun didn't accept the deal...what could Pruvi do??? Agian nothing, I think...so how are these adults forced, there weren't a gun nor a candy (if these 2 were behaving as kids) for them to decide. To me these adult too their decision on their own and with their sesnse on...yes, under less than relaxing circumstances...but is that uncommon...so, if we take decision in less than relaxing and happy circumstances, are we allowed to change those decisions later because the circumstances were noy hallpy or relaxing or not really in our favor or the decisions we took were not in our favor that we realized later???? Isn't that convient...my POV
Kalapi...LOLLOLLOL 
Good catch phrase here "under less than relaxing circumstances"
You can even kill a person under this circumstance, which you can never undo (there is no ctrl+Z)..
but if it is not fatal,  you always have ways to rectify..
You are saying.. Arjun, you got married, so deal with it for life long..
We all have one life to live, why in the name of Sankaariness live a life where you know that u are not going to be happy. I am not saying, u jump from one person to the other..If you know it is a genuine mistake and if it is rectifiable.. fix it..
Our method of correction differs but we all agree that the current Arjun-Purvi-Ovi situation is not a pleasant one and they are never going to be happy. Thumbs Up

btw.. u can call me Vilasini..

Edited by vgiri - 12 September 2012 at 8:59am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

adittyjdronamrajusoapwatcher1Ashlaika

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 9:27am | IP Logged

Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

The only problem with this being that nobody 'forced' anyone to do anything . All 3 were adults and took decisions consciously they were not thumb sucking children to be
 coerced . Archana should not slap anyone and stay the hell our of this mess as either support and decision will be very painful .

Kool.. may be I do not fully get your sarcasm here.. but..
Ovi overheard Purvi's conversation with her Manav Baba and made a deal with Purvi..literally blackmailed her, which is worse than Forcing..
Here our Ms. Mahaantha Jr. 'Forced' Arjun to marry Ovi in the name of 'Heights of Love'

Archana's slap.. that is Karankakar's way of saying "u have done an amazing job but Iam better than you"

Vgiri...what was the blackmailng 'force' here?? What could have happened if neither agreed with the deal.

Say, if Purvi didn't accept the deal that Ovi made (as Archana didn't) what could have Ovi done...nothing as I see it...she could probably have been in the hospital fighting for her life...Ovi didn't put a gin to kill anyone as far as I remember...

Secondly, if Arjun didn't accept the deal...what could Pruvi do??? Agian nothing, I think...so how are these adults forced, there weren't a gun nor a candy (if these 2 were behaving as kids) for them to decide. To me these adult too their decision on their own and with their sesnse on...yes, under less than relaxing circumstances...but is that uncommon...so, if we take decision in less than relaxing and happy circumstances, are we allowed to change those decisions later because the circumstances were noy hallpy or relaxing or not really in our favor or the decisions we took were not in our favor that we realized later???? Isn't that convient...my POV
Kalapi...LOLLOLLOL 
Good catch phrase here "under less than relaxing circumstances"
You can even kill a person under this circumstance, which you can never undo (there is no ctrl+Z)..
but if it is not fatal,  you always have ways to rectify..
You are saying.. Arjun, you got married, so deal with it for life long..
We all have one life to live, why in the name of Sankaariness live a life where you know that u are not going to be happy. I am not saying, u jump from one person to the other..If you know it is a genuine mistake and if it is rectifiable.. fix it..
Our method of correction differs but we all agree that the current Arjun-Purvi-Ovi situation is not a pleasant one and they are never going to be happy. Thumbs Up

btw.. u can call me Vilasini..

Hi Vilasini...nice meeting youBig smile

So Vilasini, what makes you think dear that Arjun loves Purvi so much (and has neither self-respect nor love for himself at all) that he will be obliging to marry her back?

I mean doesn't Arjun have a miniscule amount of self-respect to pass around like a football, whenever one chooses??? Is that what loves makes you. Tell me Vilisine, will Arjun be really able to forget all that happened in real life and moves on. Should Ovi also let Purvi know that Arjun is still…eh…Arjun is just waiting for Purvi to do the honorsEmbarrassed too….really, that is what a "man' us audience like….

So, other than the inevitable killing and murder, all things are rectifiable and that included that Arjun become a 'football' pass along each other as the Sisters pleases. I have to disagree, not all things are rectifiable nor should be. One needs to learn to be an adult and accept it and move on with it…Besides, why do you think that in time Arjun might not learn to live and love Ovi…people do move on, right?? Given the time and unnecessary distractions, they will make a life for themselves as people in arrange marriages do or as people who loved someone else before marriage but were forced to marry someone else under some other set of circumstances did. The friend, in my previous example,  is happily married with someone else and living with kids…God bless her….this is to me the realities of life…life is definitely harsh…

Besides, how did Purvi and Arjun make a mistake when they knew fully well what they were doing….that isn't called a mistake in my dictionary….mistake is that is done unknowingly and unwillingly….

If I was Arjun, I could have simply moved away to Canada leaving both the girls….he isn't a toy passed around, even if he doesn't find any happiness this lifetime….to me self-respect is more important than love

Kool dear….sorry to jump in on your post….you know me dearBig smile…..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vgirikoolsadhu1000Dabulls23

vgiri Senior Member
vgiri
vgiri

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 9:48am | IP Logged

So Vilasini, what makes you think dear that Arjun loves Purvi so much (and has neither self-respect nor love for himself at all) that he will be obliging to marry her back?

I mean doesn't Arjun have a miniscule amount of self-respect to pass around like a football, whenever one chooses??? Is that what loves makes you. Tell me Vilisine, will Arjun be really able to forget all that happened in real life and moves on. Should Ovi also let Purvi know that Arjun is still'eh'Arjun is just waiting for Purvi to do the honorsEmbarrassed too'.really, that is what a "man' us audience like'.

So, other than the inevitable killing and murder, all things are rectifiable and that included that Arjun become a 'football' pass along each other as the Sisters pleases. I have to disagree, not all things are rectifiable nor should bethemselves as people in arrange marriages do or as people who loved someone else before marriage but were forced to marry someone else under some other set of circumstances did. The friend, in my previous example,  is happily married with someone else and living with kids'God bless her'.this is to me the realities of life'life is definitely harsh'

Besides, how did Purvi and Arjun make a mistake when they knew fully well what they were doing'.that isn't called a mistake in my dictionary'.mistake is that is done unknowingly and unwillingly'.

If I was Arjun, I could have simply moved away to Canada leaving both the girls'.he isn't a toy passed around, even if he doesn't find any happiness this lifetime'.to me self-respect is more important than love

Kool dear'.sorry to jump in on your post'.you know me dearBig smile'..

Kalapi.. Arjun learning to love Ovi and having kids with her, purvi calling Arjun Jiju, all happy family..yeah it is possible..u have a point,
Arjun and his self-respect, we all have debated enough.. nothing can be done now..

Let me see how CVs move the story forward..as of now, I can not  imagine Purvi with some other guy and Arjun romancing Ovi.. may be even I will get over it and move back Bones & Big Bang Theory I think. I cannot watch ARMAN dancing for Shirt Da Button or catching up 18 years of romance that they missed. I do not see any chemistry in them (Def. Sushita had)

Peace out ... Hug

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

adittyjdronamrajuKalapisoapwatcher1Ashlaikakoolsadhu1000

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 10:14am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=vgiri]

I mean doesn't Arjun have a miniscule amount of self-respect to pass around like a football, whenever one chooses??? Is that what loves makes you. Tell me Vilisine, will Arjun be really able to forget all that happened in real life and moves on. Should Ovi also let Purvi know that Arjun is still'eh'Arjun is just waiting for Purvi to do the honorsEmbarrassed too'.really, that is what a "man' us audience like'.

So, other than the inevitable killing and murder, all things are rectifiable and that included that Arjun become a 'football' pass along each other as the Sisters pleases. I have to disagree, not all things are rectifiable nor should bethemselves as people in arrange marriages do or as people who loved someone else before marriage but were forced to marry someone else under some other set of circumstances did. The friend, in my previous example,  is happily married with someone else and living with kids'God bless her'.this is to me the realities of life'life is definitely harsh'

Besides, how did Purvi and Arjun make a mistake when they knew fully well what they were doing'.that isn't called a mistake in my dictionary'.mistake is that is done unknowingly and unwillingly'.

If I was Arjun, I could have simply moved away to Canada leaving both the girls'.he isn't a toy passed around, even if he doesn't find any happiness this lifetime'.to me self-respect is more important than love

Kalapi, just one point, Arjun loving Ovi in the future is possible , anything is possible but pure conjecture or wishful thinking at this point.  Arjun loving Purvi is fact at this point and that is what I will go by.    

Yes, we can argue Arjun really does not love Purvi, it is but  the "novelty factor" (read somewhere that Purvi was a novelty for this Canadain bred guy, not disputing it but that may be the very reason he fell in love with her, he was bored by the mundane and everyday common place non-sanskari ladkisLOL), etc. 

But by the same token we can argue, Ovi does not really love Arjun either, it is just obsession and selfishness.  Different points of view and perception. 

Unfortunately we have to go by what Ekta dishes out not by what the viewers would like to see.  Maybe Ekta is the smart one here as she knows it is different strokes for different folks and that she cannot please all her audience so she damn well does what she wants, and that is raising her TRPs. LOL

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 12 September 2012 at 10:20am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jdronamrajuAshlaika

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Kool, I said "not uncommon", not "common" and personally I find it less than a palatable practice myself. 

The girl who lives down the street, I actually feel bad for her, not as much for the invalid sister.  They brought the girl at 17 or 19, promising the parents who were not that well off, that the girl could help her sister with the kids and that in return they would find her a suitable groom.  She is now 31 or so and while she appears okay with the situation, she runs the household, helps the guy with his business, I see them going for walks (quite lovey dovey) and always wonder if she really is happy or feels used by all of them, the guy is quite older than her. 

Yes, I have heard that certain farming communities in N. India do have the practice where a guy, married or not himself, can marry the widow of a brother to keep the property (agricultural lands) within the family and to provide shelter to the widow and her children.  I don't want to judge that practice as it originated with the intention to safe-guard and protect.  Of course, I am sure it is misused as everything else is due to human misrepresentation and/or misconception.

Manav's instance though was different.  He applied sindoor to Shravani and put the managalsutra on her when he was already married, bespeaks of bigamy plain and simple.  Thank god, it was not legal or binding.  If he was unmarried and had these same good intentions to give a name to his brother's unborn child and so married his sister-in-law, that would have been a different matter.  Remember Sumit in the other soap (KumKum) where he marries his pregnant sis-in-law because his brother dies.

Kool and Kalapi, I agree with both of you, marriage should not be just physical and the promise says "in sickness and in health"  and I would rather kill myself than watch my hubby with anyone else (if he lives past my wrath i.e.ROFL) and thank goodness, I do not have any sister either!  

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 12 September 2012 at 10:26am

ss4123vgirijdronamrajuAshlaika

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapwatcher1

[QUOTE=vgiri]

Kalapi, just one point, Arjun loving Ovi in the future is possible , anything is possible but pure conjecture or wishful thinking at this point.  Arjun loving Purvi is fact at this point and that is what I will go by.    

Yes, we can argue Arjun really does not love Purvi, it is but  the "novelty factor" (read somewhere that Purvi was a novelty for this Canadain bred guy, not disputing it but that may be the very reason he fell in love with her, he was bored by the mundane and everyday common place non-sanskari ladkisLOL), etc. 

But by the same token we can argue, Ovi does not really love Arjun either, it is just obsession and selfishness.  Different points of view and perception. 

Unfortunately we have to go by what Ekta dishes out not by what the viewers would like to see.  Maybe Ekta is the smart one here as she knows it is different strokes for different folks and that she cannot please all her audience so she damn well does what she wants, and that is raising her TRPs. LOL

Yes, Janhvi….true that Arjun loves (d) Purvi, but the circumstance are different now in more ways than one I could say….and under the changed circumstances, at least to me, a new set of rules should be applied and followed…..at least, I find it a bit of a weird thingy at many levels to have Ovi hand Arjun back to Purvi…..really, strange things does and do happens in real life as well in Ekta land…..if, I were to decide, I could have also wanted Purvi married to Arjun (you don't believe me, naLOLLOL….but it is true, although my reasoning would be very different for wanting this since,Wink am not Arvi or Arman fan)…anyway, let us see what else Ekta Maiyya is planning for us…

vgiri Senior Member
vgiri
vgiri

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 11:08am | IP Logged

@pink Are you stereotyping our daughters here.. I resent this point.. Angry
They may not have Indian Sanskari but they have American/Canadian Indian Sanskaris (Whatever that is, even I am confused ROFL)
But I can vouch for one thing..They are VERY GOOD at heart and  that is all that matters..
so no LIKE for your post..

dolce123AxiomAshlaikasoapwatcher1

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 11:22am | IP Logged

@pink Are you stereotyping our daughters here.. I resent this point.. Angry
They may not have Indian Sanskari but they have American/Canadian Indian Sanskaris (Whatever that is, even I am confused ROFL)
But I can vouch for one thing..They are VERY GOOD at heart and  that is all that matters..
so no LIKE for your post..
OK, I have to jump in now..Vila.. !! held myself off too long on all these discussions. For, I felt enough people have been going at it, so why add to the angst...

BTW, Jhanvi didnt say it... she was quoting someone..I dont remember who it was, but did read it also..
How dare anyone stereotypes any of our daughters... LOL...our very own ABCD one's,.,.band bajaa denge unke...LOL..Our kiddos are the best..They are what they appear.. They are really naive (like ARjun)..when it comes to dealing with Chawl sanskaaris of this world though...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

dolce123vgiripp29AxiomForeverSHINeeAshlaikasoapwatcher1

Go to top