Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PR this week: Purvi deconstructed (Page 16)

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 2:47am | IP Logged
LOLLOLLadies let me clear the misunderstanding here .

I  did not at all mean that Ovi was  like Kannagi . Oh boy no . I have been misunderstood .LOLLOLLOL

I gave Kannagi's example to  prove only 3 things .

1] That women sometimes love a man till their dying breath for reasons unknown to us . The man sometimes does not deserve this kind of love but what to do...its their choice.LOL Tej warned her many times against it . But Ovi said something that many missed ...she said '' You simply wouldn't understand .'' The neighbours told Kannagi to give up on Kovalan but she simply did not . Thats a kind of woman for you ...they love only one man and they love him passionately  with the hope that he will return even if another woman comes in the picture .

2] That women have their own mind .

3] That a man's 'love' changes with the seasons .  One never knows what might put him off suddenly . This kind of gushing love from a man may change as time goes by .

So u see I gave Kannagis example to compare the story with the way a woman sometimes loves . Not Ovi 's situation as a carbon copy . 

Hope I  have made myself clear now . LOL

I do not agree with you Shyamala dear  when you say that Ovi's demand that give me my old Arjun back is pointless bcoz the old Arjun does not exist . Men always return to their roots ...always . What happened to Arjun was like substance ...forget Ovi , he disowned his dad after meeting that girl ...so much was the girl in his system . He was jumping like a jackrabbit on the engagement ...Purvi , Purvi till the doors opened and Purvi came out like a prize catch or something .LOLLOL Even DK told him to control it by saying 'Arjun'. 

But this dies down and men do return to their roots . They never forget what they have eaten while growing up although the wife feeds them with her type of cooking , the state they were born into ...a rich man always remains one with rich tastes even if he stays in the chawl for  a month , the country they grew up in . Once the love drug wears off men always return to their roots . Just like women never forget their maika , men do not forget their roots ...it is not the prerogative of women alone .

I never absolved Ovi of the deal . Infact  I have said somewhere that she will pay all her life ...he is definetely no doll or a toy . Wrong he may be on showering unlimited love on a worthless girl but he is his own person . But i can understand where she ...Ovi came from . She decided ultimately that enough was enough , I will get him back first and then win him back with my love . Slowly he will return to his old self and one day he will learn to appreciate me .

As far as he never loving Ovi in the first place goes LOLLOL if the 3 month stay took him away from his identity he his better off without Purvi . What ideally that deal master DK should have done and got his son back , Ovi finally did . Someone took charge and someone did not listen to this nonsense and pardon me ladies but I am so glad .LOLLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anoosreesashashyamDabulls23

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 4:17am | IP Logged
Dear Kool,

A very thoughtful and heartfelt analysis, so much so that I would really be loth to disagree with any of it. But I do feel differently on a couple of points and I will revert and amplify on this interim reaction, if you will bear with me.

I think I am heading for a sort of carpal tunnel syndrome and my left wrist hurts a lot when I type. I have been foolish enough not to rest it for the last 2 days, as I should have. Now I shall try and do so for the rest of today, Monday, and tomorrow too if I can,  while Manav falls at Archana's feet - it is not the flesh but the spirt that is weak here! - and then I  should be in better shape for responding in the way your post deserves.

Shyamala

Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

LOLLOLLadies let me clear the misunderstanding here .

I  did not at all mean that Ovi was  like Kannagi . Oh boy no . I have been misunderstood .LOLLOLLOL

I gave Kannagi's example to  prove only 3 things .

1] That women sometimes love a man till their dying breath for reasons unknown to us . The man sometimes does not deserve this kind of love but what to do...its their choice.LOL Tej warned her many times against it . But Ovi said something that many missed ...she said '' You simply wouldn't understand .'' The neighbours told Kannagi to give up on Kovalan but she simply did not . Thats a kind of woman for you ...they love only one man and they love him passionately  with the hope that he will return even if another woman comes in the picture .

2] That women have their own mind .

3] That a man's 'love' changes with the seasons .  One never knows what might put him off suddenly . This kind of gushing love from a man may change as time goes by .

So u see I gave Kannagis example to compare the story with the way a woman sometimes loves . Not Ovi 's situation as a carbon copy . 

Hope I  have made myself clear now . LOL

I do not agree with you Shyamala dear  when you say that Ovi's demand that give me my old Arjun back is pointless bcoz the old Arjun does not exist . Men always return to their roots ...always . What happened to Arjun was like substance ...forget Ovi , he disowned his dad after meeting that girl ...so much was the girl in his system . He was jumping like a jackrabbit on the engagement ...Purvi , Purvi till the doors opened and Purvi came out like a prize catch or something .LOLLOL Even DK told him to control it by saying 'Arjun'. 

But this dies down and men do return to their roots . They never forget what they have eaten while growing up although the wife feeds them with her type of cooking , the state they were born into ...a rich man always remains one with rich tastes even if he stays in the chawl for  a month , the country they grew up in . Once the love drug wears off men always return to their roots . Just like women never forget their maika , men do not forget their roots ...it is not the prerogative of women alone .

I never absolved Ovi of the deal . Infact  I have said somewhere that she will pay all her life ...he is definetely no doll or a toy . Wrong he may be on showering unlimited love on a worthless girl but he is his own person . But i can understand where she ...Ovi came from . She decided ultimately that enough was enough , I will get him back first and then win him back with my love . Slowly he will return to his old self and one day he will learn to appreciate me .

As far as he never loving Ovi in the first place goes LOLLOL if the 3 month stay took him away from his identity he his better off without Purvi . What ideally that deal master DK should have done and got his son back , Ovi finally did . Someone took charge and someone did not listen to this nonsense and pardon me ladies but I am so glad .LOLLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

koolsadhu1000

bonibright IF-Sizzlerz
bonibright
bonibright

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 5:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bee5

Oh! and about Priority no for Arjun. #4 is too high IMHO (In my humble opinion).

1 - 10 belongs to Archana Aai.
10 - 15 belongs to Sulochana Aaji
15 - 25 belongs to Manav Baba
25 - 30 belongs to Teju
30 - 35 belongs to Sachchu Dada
35 - 40 belongs to Vandita Aathya
40 - 45 belongs to Damodar Aajoba
45 - 50 belongs to Vinod Mama
50 th spot is Arjun's !!!!!!!

Then comes Vishnu Dada, Varsha chachi, Manjusha, Punni Tai and then  \Ovi ji.

Ovi probably has a Priority spot of 100, but Purvi managed to sacrifice Priority Spot #50 to Priority spot #100. That is called SACRIFICE ! And no, no MISTAKE in sacrificing something that is in 50th spot, would it be?Ouch

our MAHAAN PURVI...AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
bonibright IF-Sizzlerz
bonibright
bonibright

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 5:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by archverma10

SHYAMALA, JYOTHI!!!!! OOOMMMGGG!!!! I could just hug you guys!!! My ladla...Our boy...is back...and that too with a VENGEANCE!!!! Hug  Today he did his mama and his 2 darling massis proud!!!Wink 

I just watched that scene online and am so happy right now I am beside myself!!!  Jhanvi...my dear "almost-was sambandh"...(although its not really fair considering you've been blasting the hell out of Purvi too along with the rest of us)...this female is definitely going to get it and then some.  And boy did he mean it!!!  For once they are showing PR on Friday night here...the Maha Bakwaas episode...but I can guarantee you though Ive pretty much stopped watching the show...this scene I will watch again.  And will rewind. And rewind. And rewind. With pleasure.

Purvi---you got put in your place.  The tide has indeed turned Ladies and Gentleman.  Khadoos is mild compared to what she is about to see.  The gall of that girl!  I was pissed the moment she opened the door..said in her typical haughty style...you should not meet me...and tried to close it on him!!! Who does she think she is????AngryAngry  After what she has done to him she is still trying to bark orders and call all the shots???

I love...just love what he just did.  She had it coming and then some.  And boy is she about to get it too...as he clearly said...she did what she had to do..and.now he will do what he has to.

The only thing I feel bad about is that such a beautiful relationship has been dealt such a blow like this.    There is a permanent scar on it that will never go away.  In fact his coldness and hatred was so amazing...I almost think that he is done with Purvi too.  But of course it will not happen.  Eventually he will soften towards her and they will be together again.  But then again...maybe the new relationship will be better than the previous one and there is the irony.  Before he was pretty much head over heels and ready to do anything at all...to the point of sheer patheticness.  Now, when they reunite, and they will u can be sure...it will actually be the relationship it would be.  Him loving her as always...but this time around he will definitely be wearing the pants in the relationship- that is for sure.  And this time she will respect him as she never did before.

The gauntlet was already thrown and the heavy-handed prophetic statement given: she says "Arjun you cant meet me otherwise Ovi will think I am coming between you."  He says: very coldly:" it is Ovi who came between us. I will do what I have to do. Face it Purvi. 

There is no doubt Ovi is about to get the lesson of her life.  By the time he is done with her, she is going to wish she had never laid eyes on him...much less run after him like the crazy obsessed female she is.  Ovi indeed is selfish, cold, manipulative...but by the time he is through with her...she is going to be reduced to the simpering sop he once was.  I am going to enjoy seeing that.  Truly I am. 

With Purvi...yes he does love her...and I agree Shyamala it is much too late for him to completely walk away.  But the twist is he will never be the same again with her...that gentle tenderness is gone.  For good.  You have always said that she is the one who is loved.  I have a feeling that is no longer going to be the case.  The CVs will resurrect this. ARVI is not over.  But this time...again the irony...I have a feeling we are going to see an equality..truly...that we had yet to see.  She has been put in her place. And he will never give her that much power over him again.  I feel sure of it.

If he remains in this new Avatar, I dont know about you, but I will definitely be back to watching the show.  Because its been a long time coming...and as they say..."This Ive got to see!!!"

ArchDI..
adopt me as ur daughter as I have adopted ur laaadla as my Chhota bhai...Smile
but plzzz I cant call u AAI..Wink
My bhaiya calls u mom,so I'll be calling u mom..
No aai for me.
I'm not ur dumb BAHU..
 ohh!!!!Thnks to miss mahaan i feel like u have 2 bahus now..Wink
by the way,ur laadla is lucky enough di..Tongue
Men r dying to get married once,n he is twice lucky...:TongueWink
u know di,
we bengalis say
''nanadini raybaghini''
i.e. Sister - in - laws r tigresses..Tongue
 i want to become one for ur bahus n teach them a lesson for a lifetime for whatever they did to my CHHOTU SA BHAIYA...:ptongue
 I hope u accept me as ur daughter henceforth..LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

soapwatcher1sashashyam

vgiri Senior Member
vgiri
vgiri

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kalapi

<font color="#0000ff" size="3" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, people who love Arvi, will never be able to see through the eyes of Ovi...</font>

<font color="#0000ff" size="3" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">But what I find problematic with this great love story is that love started with fights after fights and then suddenly both just out of the blue 'fell' in loveBig smile. Purvi continuously and regularly challenged Arjun at his own business. I am sure this kind of antagonistic relationship is extremely interesting and leads to saat janam ki type of loveWink. But, if I was Arjun, I could have understood that this Girl will challenge me alwaysor throw me under the bus for her own need effortlessly, if needed. I could have hated the constant challenge at my own business from an employee at every turn. All of a sudden, Prince Arjun startsfeeling forPurvi romantically..Mind you he is already 'engaged' as the familes have agreed to,to be married with someone else, Not a thought about his current predicament, or a feeling of guilt or a conscious dilemma. Mind you he still interacts with the other girl from Canada sweetly, without a tad bit of guilt. He then pursues this 'new love' relentlessly, while engage to another. Cheater isn't that the word for such loversBig smile'.but, eh'this is Prince Arjun, Prince Arjun 'falling' in love, Who cares about the other girl, who according to many is just a spoilt brat and so she doesn't deserve anything. Right'she is just a nuisance, an unwanted and unnecessary bone in this relationship..But see how, Arjun never said ever he hated Ovi, notuntilafter marriage and came to know of the deal.In fact he said that clearly to Purvi that he didn't love (and never said the word hate) Ovi. But, of course, Ovi is the bad one here...</font>

<font color="#0000ff" size="3" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now, the girl of this everlasting love story wakes up one day and decides that her Boss that she has harassed retentlessly, isn't a 'kharose', but a good person who needs to go through the pavitra sanskaars of her great aaiLOL...so she 'fall' in love makes him go thru the pavitra hardship and then just dumps him at the last minute marrying him off to Ovi after planning the event metriculously...of course for her great Aai, no less... a great balidaan...Arjun realizes what he has landed himself and promises to take revenge...he then goes after Purvi...another cheating track starts... What do they say: Once a Cheater, always a Cheater????</font>

<font color="#0000ff" size="3" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes Kool, I too love a character that doesn't take life sitting down and tries till the end to get what she wants (call me competitiveWink). I too love a girl who getswhat she wants after a good deal of struggle. I too love a character, who is clear about her wants and know how to achieve it at 19 yrs. I love the fighting spirit in getting her love and making it work. I love a girl who doesn't do senseless sacrifices. I love a girl, who stands against all family members and stands against them when she clearlyknows no one cares for her in her own family including her parents...I love the girl's determination and toughness and as they say, 'when you want something with all your heart, even the heavens will pull all forces to get it to you'. I love a girl, who by the very depth of her love will melt a stone. I feel all for that girl...I am all for her, as long as she is true to her character...</font>

Kalapi.. Great post.. very well stated.. but unfortunately I have to disagree with your POV.

First .. Very common one..If a Leo fall in love with another Leo, this is what happens.. and they are very successful at their work, love and life. Some guys do like challenging girls, they do not take it as a threat to their business or ego.
But what I find problematic with this great love story is that love started with fights after fights and then suddenly both just out of the blue 'fell' in loveBig smile.

Second, This point is absolutely correct.. but is this the way Arjun-Purvi relationship or Arjun's "sweet" talks with Ovi are portrayed in the show.. No..Arjun tried his best to contact Ovi to tell her abou t his change of mind and WE all know from day one that Arjunwas neverin love with Ovi and Ovi was the one pushed/tricked him to get engaged to her.
All of a sudden, Prince Arjun startsfeeling forPurvi romantically..Mind you he is already 'engaged' as the familes have agreed to,to be married with someone else, Not a thought about his current predicament, or a feeling of guilt or a conscious dilemma.

If Ovitruly lovesArjun then I would agree with rest of your argument. But shehas behaved like a spoilt brat. Even after knowing the depth of Arjun - Purvi's love,she went after him. Arjun is not a toy here. Have u seen kids who throw tantrums and cry for a toy in the mall, so to avoid embarassment parents buy that toy.. Ovi has done something like that and gotten Arjun. It is def. not   "fighting spirit in getting her love"
If you think what Ovi has for Arjun is Love, plz define that..
For the following one.. This is perfect for Arjun but not for Ovi..what she has isObsession.
'when you want something with all your heart, even the heavens will pull all forces to get it to you'

Today.. looks/feels as if..all of them (Arjun/Purvi/Ovi) are selfish..

(tried editing with Galaxy Note.. Angry)

Edited by vgiri - 10 September 2012 at 7:14am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgjdronamrajuForeverSHINeeAshlaikasoapwatcher1bonibright

bonibright IF-Sizzlerz
bonibright
bonibright

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 6:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vgiri

Originally posted by Kalapi

Yes, people who love Arvi, will never be able to see through the eyes of Ovi...

But what I find problematic with this great love story is that love started with fights after fights and then suddenly both just out of the blue 'fell' in loveBig smile. Purvi continuously and regularly challenged Arjun at his own business. I am sure this kind of antagonistic relationship is extremely interesting and leads to saat janam ki type of loveWink. But, if I was Arjun, I could have understood that this Girl will challenge me always or throw me under the bus for her own need effortlessly, if needed. I could have hated the constant challenge at my own business from an employee at every turn. All of a sudden, Prince Arjun starts feeling for Purvi romantically..Mind you he is already 'engaged' as the familes have agreed to, to be married with someone else,   Not a thought about his current predicament, or a feeling of guilt or a conscious dilemma. Mind you he still interacts with the other girl from Canada sweetly, without a tad bit of guilt. He then pursues this 'new love' relentlessly, while engage to another. Cheater isn't that the word for such loversBig smile'.but, eh'this is Prince Arjun, Prince Arjun 'falling' in love, Who cares about the other girl, who according to many is just a spoilt brat and so she doesn't deserve anything. Right'she is just a nuisance, an unwanted and unnecessary bone in this relationship..But see how, Arjun never said ever he hated Ovi, not until after marriage and came to know of the deal.In fact he said that clearly to Purvi that he didn't love (and never said the word hate) Ovi. But, of course, Ovi is the bad one here...

Now, the girl of this everlasting love story wakes up one day and decides that her Boss that she has harassed retentlessly, isn't a 'kharose', but a good person who needs to go through the pavitra sanskaars of her great aaiLOL...so she 'fall' in love makes him go thru the pavitra hardship and then just dumps him at the last minute marrying him off to Ovi after planning the event metriculously...of course for her great Aai, no less ... a great balidaan...Arjun realizes what he has landed himself and promises to take revenge...he then goes after Purvi...another cheating track starts... What do they say: Once a Cheater, always a Cheater????

Yes Kool, I too love a character that doesn't take life sitting down and tries till the end to get what she wants (call me competitiveWink). I too love a girl who gets what she wants after a good deal of struggle. I too love a character, who is clear about her wants and know how to achieve it at 19 yrs. I love the fighting spirit in getting her love and making it work. I love a girl who doesn't do senseless sacrifices. I love a girl, who stands against all family members and stands against them when she clearly knows no one cares for her in her own family including her parents...I love the girl's determination and toughness and as they say, 'when you want something with all your heart, even the heavens will pull all forces to get it to you'. I love a girl, who by the very depth of her love will melt a stone. I feel all for that girl...I am all for her, as long as she is true to her character...

Kalapi.. Great post.. very well stated.. but unfortunately I have to disagree with your POV.

First ..  Very common one..If a Leo fall in love with another Love, this is what happens..
 and they are very successful at their work, love and life.
Some guys do like challenging girls, they do not take it as a threat to their business or ego.
But what I find problematic with this great love story is that love started with fights after fights and then suddenly both just out of the blue 'fell' in loveBig smile.

Second, This point is absolutely correct.. but is this the way Arjun-Purvi relationship or Arjun's "sweet" talks with Ovi are portrayed in the show.. No..Arjun tried his best to contact Ovi to tell her abou t his change of mind and WE all know from day one that Arjun was never in love with Ovi and Ovi was the one pushed/tricked him to get engaged to her.
All of a sudden, Prince Arjun starts feeling for Purvi romantically..Mind you he is already 'engaged' as the familes have agreed to, to be married with someone else,   Not a thought about his current predicament, or a feeling of guilt or a conscious dilemma.

If Ovi truly loves Arjun then I would agree with rest of your argument. But she has behaved like a spoilt brat. Even after knowing the depth of Arjun - Purvi's love, she went after him. Arjun is not a toy here. Have u seen kids who throw tantrums and cry for a toy in the mall,  so to avoid embarassment parents buy that toy.. Ovi has done something like that and gotten Arjun. It is def. not "fighting spirit in getting her love"

If you think what Ovi has for Arjun is Love, plz define that..
For the following one.. This is perfect for Arjun but not for Ovi.. what she has is Obsession. 
'when you want something with all your heart, even the heavens will pull all forces to get it to you'

Today.. looks/feels as if..all of them (Arjun/Purvi/Ovi) are selfish..

very well said.ClapClapClap
totally in agreement with u..SmileSmile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jdronamrajusoapwatcher1Ashlaika

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 6:56am | IP Logged
shyamala i hope ur wrist gets better soon dear .

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vgiriabhimgjdronamrajusoapwatcher1Ashlaika

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Dear Shyamala, the interloper bit irked me LOL, I cannot brook either one of them (ARVI) being called an interloper in that relationship. And rights do not belong to a person for arriving first on the scene.

The phantom theory I did not touch upon as Ovi does not realize this is a different Arjun (if in fact he is). She thinks he is the same, she imagines he is still in love with her, in her mind everything is status quo. Also, Arjun basically is still the same - kind, honorable, loving - the only part of him that is changed is that he is in love and has gotten to be more gentle, more expressive, more in touch with his inner self, the self always existed, remember him donating to an orphanage a week or so after he lands in Mumbai? (I sound like one of those self help books!!) So the phantom theory does not hold much water.

My cousin, don't know what she is made of, the girl is crazy. They have two kids now and stay happily married so that non-affair was a storm in a tea-cup and did not turn into a full-fledged hurricane maybe because she handled it the way she did. And dear Shyamala, you have me pegged right, romantic or not, Tennyson's quote would go flying out the window where I am concerned!! And no Kannagi for me either! LOL

PS: Hope your wrist and shoulder are better. The next two days should be restful, my friend, fingers crossed.

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 11 September 2012 at 1:26am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgjdronamrajuForeverSHINeeAshlaikaNadaCintasashashyam

Go to top