Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

   
Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PR this week: Purvi deconstructed (Page 12)

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Joined: 02 June 2011
Posts: 5258

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jdronamraju

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for Ovi. She wanted her Ken doll and she got it by crook. She never bothered about Arjun's interest in her in canada, during the engagement fiasco and will not even now. Atleast during the first two phases, despite no signs from him she asssumed that he loves her. But after arjun told her and family clearly that he does NOT love her, she has done this. Not once but several times she has seen the love between them. Still, she purused him in her own crazy way and played the ultimate blackmail game. Yes, arjun and purvi were fools to fall for it, especially Purvi, but she was the ultimate catalyst for shattering their lives. She knew where to strike and when.
Just because she did not start the last step does not in any way exhonerate her and lessen her blame. She will and have to face the consequences now, if life is fair !! But, this is PR, where anything is game !! So, let us see what awaits us ...
 
I hope life is fair, more than fair and nemesis is not too far away, for Punni and Ovi. 
Purvi and Arjun will not need nemesis to suffer as they will writhe around in their own self-created agony.  Serve them all right! 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgadittyjdronamrajuAxiomAshlaikaNadaCintasashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Joined: 04 January 2012
Posts: 13118

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:49pm | IP Logged

Dear kool,

I am with you 100%.

Janhvi, Ovi is what Ovi has always been, and she does not even have the smarts to put on  a suitably chastened look at the reception for Arjun's benefit. She is a besotted, greedy, grasping idiot, who thinks she can transmute fool's gold into the real thing.

But what of Purvi? It is  the Deewaar  quotation with which I opened this thread, all over again.

She was Arjun's  life and his dream.  HOW could she not just do this, but as I have stated time and again above, and as Kool has reiterated, HOW could she do this with such unfeeling ruthlessness and brutality? 

She abandoned and crushed Arjun without a second thought, and even now, she does not feel a jot of pain for HIS suffering.  That much was clear from the Friday scene between them. Nor does her aai,  blathering on and on and on about her mahaan tyaag  not just at home but at the reception at well, to everyone she can find. She never gives a thought to the idiotic sacrificial lamb of whom her mahaan  beti has made halaal so thoroughly.

Janhvi, let me quote your "Ovi does not love Arjun'.  Loving would be wanting to see him happy at all costs, much like a parent that would sacrifice all to see his/her child happy. There is no remorse for what she has done, no empathy for his suffering, she is excited and happy she got what she wanted. That is selfish to the core and selfishness is the very antithesis of love"  back at you.  

Just replace Ovi by Purvi, and "excited and happy" by " satisfied if unhappy", and what do you have? A perfect fit for Purvi today, totally convinced that she has done no wrong. Of course not, for Arjun is expendable and does not count. 

No, Arjun is not equally at fault for fulfillling Purvi's part of the deal. That followed, as the night follows the day, from what he is - a man who has lost all sense of self, and all self-respect, for the love of this girl. Rarely does one see a man falling in love so thoroughly.

He is in fact more at fault, but not for that. What he is at fault for is falling in love with her in the first place, and here too, Kool, I have been and am with you. Perhaps I am wrong in trying to save him from you, Janhvi, for I am not sure he has got over this folly or ever will.

Don't worry, this is a serial where the first, and in fact the only virtue is sacrificing others, either per se or as collateral damage (as when Archana dumps Teju, Ovi, Manav and Purvi for Sachin, a 4:1 ratio, better than the US troops in Afghanistan), and then making out, very successfully, that you were the victim and deserved a halo.

Manav is now apparently going to fall at Archana's beautifully pedicured feet, painted toe nails and all, and beg pardon for ever having blamed her for anything since Anno Domini 1 - including her nearly sending him in for a long jail term in the chawl demolition case,  and her role in the death (so they all think) of Soham.  He has already started on the second, which he has now downgraded, as Jyothi once pointed out, to a haadsa (accident). He will have arrived at the first as well come Monday.

So, as a good damaad,  Arjun will also presently unclench his jaw and, with tears in his eyes, fall at Purvi's feet (admittedly not as pretty as Archana's, as the PR team cannot afford pedicures for her, not to speak of any decent outfits, and she is already back to her regulation maroon and brown set,  while her aai swans around in see thru white organdy and diamonds).

He will duly beg pardon for even having dared to criticise her for her tyaag or for having complained that she broke all her vaade.After all, they were made mostly by shaking her head, and are thus deniable at will- he just misunderstood which way she was shaking it!  Archana, Jyothi, Laurie, I know it is frightful but I begin to feel it in my bones, alas!

Then Purvi  will be duly hoisted on to the pedestal built for her by the PR team, where her aai  is already enthroned, and the duo will bless us all.

Kool, you are spot on with your "she has got badly in his system while he is last on her priority list", which is pretty much what I have been repeating for the nth time to my unfortunate readers. But  what are we doing here analysing this junk? I don't know about you, but I have had enough for the present, and am off to  salvage what is left of my Sunday.

Janhvi, relax. You do not even have to chase Arjun and beat him up. He will do it himself very soon, like the albino monk in the Da Vinci Code. Manav will show him the way, and he will follow, the brief flare up of hope  in us unfortunate PAPers yesterday, about the return of AK,  notwithstanding. This is PR, after all, and strong men are as out of place here as a T-Rex would be, so  saare lakshaan aise hi nazar aa rahe hain (all the signs point that way).

DK will join in as the chorus, singing hosannas to the Teen Deviyan (apologies to the late Dev Anand). He is already doing so for Sulochana and Archana, all he has to do is to add Purvi to the pantheon. Come to think of it, it is entirely appropriate. Hamari to hamesha trimurti hi hoti hai (we always have a trinity).

Bye folks, and may we all survive the next week in reasonably good shape. And may I  gain the strength, not just to last thru it, but to do what Arjun should have done 3 episodes back. Walk off without a backward glance.

Shyamala


Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

See this is how I  look at it .

Faultwise : 

1 ]  Purvi : She is the biggest offender of all bcoz she dumped Arjun ruthlessly at the altar and killed the so called true  love story  by trading him for her mother . The way she did it is more awful than the deed  itself . She mulled over it , decided to not give him time to think , decked herself up in the parlour , told him her decision and used the correct terminology to make him concede ...' test of love' and then stood there to see him married  off ...that her part of the deal was kept ...so anxious was she that he did not have second thoughts at the last minute . Then , ensuring the deal went through she insisted it was ' not her fault' to her mother in the weepfest where they all applauded each other for their so called  sacrifices and then proceeded anxiously to ascertain that the deal was still on by phoning Ovi late in the night although the phone call  could easily have been done in the morning .

2 ]  Arjun :   He is second  in this  fault  line ...his biggest fault was loving  a girl who was simply not worth it . He suffered a horrific insult ... getting dumped at the altar . But he had an option ...going back to Canada  and never getting involved  with this girl again as obviously she flip flopped at the last minute . But so much was the hold of the girl over him that he marrried another girl at her bidding .  He did not love this girl at all and quite frankly he needed a break from love affairs and sometime alone . Yet being somehow near this girl who betrayed him was his decision .

3] Ovi :: Her one and only fault was loving a man more than herself , her family , her mother , her self respect , her life ...everything . No guy deserves this much importance but Ovi forgot that and will pay for all her life .

Ovi kept her end of the bargain or deal and insisted that Archana be taken back in the family .

The deal was done by both women but Arjun will punish  Ovi to viewer satisfaction and chase Purvi all his life as she has got badly in his system while he is last on her priority list .

This is how i see it Varsha .



Originally posted by soapwatcher1


 
Kool, agree with everything you have written except the part about Ovi loving Arjun above herself. Would be willing to even concede that she might "love" him above all else except herself.  The girl did not give one thought to his misery at the reception, not one, not a glance of sympathy, not an iota of remorse, no toning down of her excitement at having gotten what she has been after. 
 
As I wrote on another thread, "Ovi does not love Arjun, she wants him, she is obsessed with him. Loving would be wanting to see him happy at all costs, much like a parent that would sacrifice all to see his/her child happy. There is no remorse for what she has done, no empathy for his suffering, she is excited and happy she got what she wanted. That is selfish to the core and selfishness is the very antithesis of love."
 
I looked keenly for some signs to see if I had misjudged Ovi; if she had given Arjun one glance of sympathy, looked a little downcast, I would perhaps have said poor girl, she is crazy about him and now has to pay the price.  Not so after watching that last scene, maybe the CVs will change her character around again.  She was a nice, sweet, insipid girl in Canada, maybe they will transform her back into a loving, remorseful wife who will do everything in her power to win Arjun even offering up her marriage to give him back his own happiness.  Maybe that will be an eye-opener for him that this girl now truly loves him unlike the other one that chose her mother over him and dumped him at the altar and had the steel in her heart to watch him wed another.  That last to me was the unkindest cut of all.
 
But like you said, the best option for Arjun would have been to disappear from the scene and have left both girls bereft of a toy to barter.  He was an idiot and for that, Shyamala or not, he will get a batting (for Jyothi's sake, a very mild one) from me if I catch him anywhere near. 
 
And you are right, while Ovi is at fault for bringing the deal, Purvi is more at fault for accepting it and Arjun equally so as Purvi for fulfilling it.  In my mind, Ovi is guilty but not as much as the two in the relationship who had so much to lose and lost it anyway by treating marriage and trust as a joke. 


Edited by sashashyam - 09 September 2012 at 2:17am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgjdronamrajusoapwatcher1NadaCinta

Jaishankar IF-Dazzler
Jaishankar
Jaishankar

Joined: 12 March 2007
Posts: 4276

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

Dear kool,

I am with you 100%.


Janhvi, Ovi is what Ovi has always been, and she does not even have the smarts to put on  a suitably chastened look at the reception for Arjun's benefit. She is a besotted, greedy, grasping idiot, who think she can transmute fool's gold into the real thing.

But what of Purvi? It is  the Deewaar  quotation with which I opened this thread, all over again.

She was Arjun's  life and his dream.  HOW could she not just do this, but as I have stated time and again above, and as Kool has reiterated,
HOW could she do this with such unfeeling ruthlessness and brutality? 

She abandoned and crushed Arjun without a second thought, and even now, she does not feel a jot of pain for HIS suffering.  That much was clear from the Friday scene between them. Nor does her aai,  blathering on and on and on about her mahaan tyaag  not just at home but at the reception at well, to everyone she can find. She never gives a thought to the idiotic sacrificial lamb of whom her mahaan  beti has made halaal so thoroughly.

Janhvi, let me quote your "Ovi does not love Arjun'.  Loving would be wanting to see him happy at all costs, much like a parent that would sacrifice all to see his/her child happy. There is no remorse for what she has done, no empathy for his suffering, she is excited and happy she got what she wanted. That is selfish to the core and selfishness is the very antithesis of love"  back at you.  

Just replace Ovi by Purvi, and "excited and happy" by " satisfied if unhappy", and what do you have? A perfect fit for Purvi today, totally convinced that she has done no wrong. Of course not, for Arjun is expendable and does not count. 

No, Arjun is not equally at fault for fulfillling Purvi's part of the deal. That followed, as the night follows the day, from what he is - a man who has lost all sense of self, and all self-respect, for the love of this girl. Rarely does one see a man falling in love so thoroughly.

He is in fact more at fault, but not for that. What he is at fault for is falling in love with her in the first place. Perhaps I am wrong in trying to save him from you, for I am not sure he has got over this folly or ever will.

Don't worry, this is a serial where the first, and in fact the only virtue is sacrificing others, either
per se or as collateral damage (as when Archana dumps Teju, Ovi, Manav and Purvi for Sachin, 4:1 ratio, better than the US troops in Afghanistan), and then making out, very successfully, that you were the victim and deserved a halo.

Manav is now apparently going to fall at Archana's beautifully pedicured feet, painted toe nails at all, and beg pardon for ever having blamed her for anything since Anno Domini 1 - including her nearly sending him in or a long jail term in the chawl demolition case,  and her role in the death (so they all think) of Soham.  He has already started on the second, which has now been downgraded, as Jyothi once pointed out, to a haadsa (accident). He will have arrived at the first as well come Monday.

So, as a good
damaad,  Arjun will also presently unclench his jaw and, with tears in his eyes, fall at Purvi's feet (admittedly not as pretty as Archana's, as the PR team cannot afford pedicures for her, not to speak of any decent outfits, and she is already back to her regulation maroon and brown set,  while her aai swans around in see thru white organdy and diamonds).

He will duly beg pardon for even having dared to criticise her for her tyaag or for having complained that she broke all her vaade.After all, they were made mostly by shaking her head, and are thus deniable at will- he just misunderstood which way she was shaking it!  Archana, Jyothi, Laurie, I know it is frightful but I begin to feel it in my bones, alas!CryCryCry

Then Purvi  will be duly hoisted on to the pedestal built for her by the PR team, where her aai  is already enthroned, and the duo will bless us all.

Kool, you are spot on with your "she has got badly in his system while he is last on her priority list", which is pretty much what I have been repeating for the nth time to my unfortunate readers. But  what are we doing here analysing this junk? I don't know about you, but I have had enough for the present, and am off to  salvage what is left of my Sunday.

Janhvi, relax. You do not even have to chase Arjun and beat him up. He will do it himself very soon, like the albino monk in the Da Vinci Code. Manav will show him the way, and by now, the brief flare up of hope  in us unfortunate PAPers yesterday, about the return of AK,  notwithstanding. This is PR, after all, and strong men are as out of place here as a T-Rex would be, so  saare lakshaan aise hi nazar aa rahe hain (all the signs point that way).

DK will join in as the chorus, singing hosannas to the Teen Deviyan (apologies to the late Dev Anand). He is already doing so for Sulochana and Archana, all he has to do is to add Purvi to the pantheon. Come to think of it, it is entirely appropriate. Hamari to hamesha trimurti hi hoti hai (we always have a trinity).

Bye folks, and may we all survive the next week in reasonably good shape. And may I  gain the strength, not just to last thru it, but to do what Arjun should have done, walk off without a backward glance.

Shyamala

Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

See this is how I  look at it .

Faultwise : 

1 ]  Purvi : She is the biggest offender of all bcoz she dumped Arjun ruthlessly at the altar and killed the so called true  love story  by trading him for her mother . The way she did it is more awful than the deed  itself . She mulled over it , decided to not give him time to think , decked herself up in the parlour , told him her decision and used the correct terminology to make him concede ...' test of love' and then stood there to see him married  off ...that her part of the deal was kept ...so anxious was she that he did not have second thoughts at the last minute . Then , ensuring the deal went through she insisted it was ' not her fault' to her mother in the weepfest where they all applauded each other for their so called  sacrifices and then proceeded anxiously to ascertain that the deal was still on by phoning Ovi late in the night although the phone call  could easily have been done in the morning .

2 ]  Arjun :   He is second  in this  fault  line ...his biggest fault was loving  a girl who was simply not worth it . He suffered a horrific insult ... getting dumped at the altar . But he had an option ...going back to Canada  and never getting involved  with this girl again as obviously she flip flopped at the last minute . But so much was the hold of the girl over him that he marrried another girl at her bidding .  He did not love this girl at all and quite frankly he needed a break from love affairs and sometime alone . Yet being somehow near this girl who betrayed him was his decision .

3] Ovi :: Her one and only fault was loving a man more than herself , her family , her mother , her self respect , her life ...everything . No guy deserves this much importance but Ovi forgot that and will pay for all her life .

Ovi kept her end of the bargain or deal and insisted that Archana be taken back in the family .

The deal was done by both women but Arjun will punish  Ovi to viewer satisfaction and chase Purvi all his life as she has got badly in his system while he is last on her priority list .

This is how i see it Varsha .



Originally posted by soapwatcher1


 
Kool, agree with everything you have written except the part about Ovi loving Arjun above herself. Would be willing to even concede that she might "love" him above all else except herself.  The girl did not give one thought to his misery at the reception, not one, not a glance of sympathy, not an iota of remorse, no toning down of her excitement at having gotten what she has been after. 
 
As I wrote on another thread, "Ovi does not love Arjun, she wants him, she is obsessed with him. Loving would be wanting to see him happy at all costs, much like a parent that would sacrifice all to see his/her child happy. There is no remorse for what she has done, no empathy for his suffering, she is excited and happy she got what she wanted. That is selfish to the core and selfishness is the very antithesis of love."
 
I looked keenly for some signs to see if I had misjudged Ovi; if she had given Arjun one glance of sympathy, looked a little downcast, I would perhaps have said poor girl, she is crazy about him and now has to pay the price.  Not so after watching that last scene, maybe the CVs will change her character around again.  She was a nice, sweet, insipid girl in Canada, maybe they will transform her back into a loving, remorseful wife who will do everything in her power to win Arjun even offering up her marriage to give him back his own happiness.  Maybe that will be an eye-opener for him that this girl now truly loves him unlike the other one that chose her mother over him and dumped him at the altar and had the steel in her heart to watch him wed another.  That last to me was the unkindest cut of all.
 
But like you said, the best option for Arjun would have been to disappear from the scene and have left both girls bereft of a toy to barter.  He was an idiot and for that, Shyamala or not, he will get a batting (for Jyothi's sake, a very mild one) from me if I catch him anywhere near. 
 
And you are right, while Ovi is at fault for bringing the deal, Purvi is more at fault for accepting it and Arjun equally so as Purvi for fulfilling it.  In my mind, Ovi is guilty but not as much as the two in the relationship who had so much to lose and lost it anyway by treating marriage and trust as a joke. 

Shymala dear wonderful post..Had one thing to add on,the whilte saree and beautiful pedicured toes are of Anki and its Anki more than Archu LOL..Anki clearly mentioned in SBS segement that the whilte saree is hers and she wore it as she feels irritated with the so much crying she has to do..The bindaas lady Anki is,she does not give a damn about it and wanted to look good..so be it is her funda LOL..
PR does not give a damn about this for Anki or anyone.Anki choose to style herself because she loves to and she does it.She loves looking good and she has already stated it SmileAsha/Purvi has to bring in her own outfits and style outfit for better wardrobes..Anki gets this leeway for agreeing to portray a role of mother of 5 children when she is o way close to even looking like that as she looks dead gorgeous ,hot and sexy..Big smile I am sure if Asha decides to bring in her won style she wont be stopped.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aditty

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Joined: 02 June 2011
Posts: 5258

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 12:00am | IP Logged
Shyamala, ah, the albino monk and the flagellation ritual, I think you will see both Arjun and Purvi indulging in that pretty soon, I will not feel for either a morsel of sympathy, they brought it upon themselves and rightfully deserve the anguish.
 
You have turned the tables on me fairly and squarely by substituting Purvi for Ovi.  But I made the disclaimer that Ovi loves Arjun more than everyone else except her own pitiful self.  Putting herself first is selfish.  Purvi on the other hand, as I said earlier, loves Arjun but loves her foolish mother more.  So while happy with her own martyrdom, she will remain unhappy, dissatisfied and miserable because Arjun is suffering and she along with him.  Just desserts for jumping the gun, being an adhikaprasangi, playing God, and for trying to emulate her oh, so great mahaan mother. The worst part for me was that she watched him getting married with that stony look on her face.  That love for her aai must indded engulf her with an over-whelming sense of debt and over-powering feeling of gratitude together with an insatiable need to prove to her mahaan mother and twit of a grandmother that she is on equal (fool's) footing with the Queen of mahaans.    
 
You are right, real men are as much of a rarity as a T Rex in real life - non-existent!!
 
DK might not sing Teen Deviyaan, he might do an about face, the man is suddenly not trust-worthy. Sulo is a weather cock, Archana wears blinders as always, Ovi, the less said about her the better. and these two star-crossed lovers need a lesson in reality and a douse of ice cold Arctic water. 


Edited by soapwatcher1 - 09 September 2012 at 2:33am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

adittyabhimgAshlaikaNadaCintasashashyam

zeezee55 Goldie
zeezee55
zeezee55

Joined: 27 July 2009
Posts: 1057

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:53am | IP Logged
I just want to correct one of my view points:  that Purvi traded Arjun for her mother... but in reality... what Purvi did was to give both Arjun and her mother to Ovi...
 
Under the circumstances, i don't see how Purvi can live in the same household...
 
Whicb in effect she is left with no one...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

soapwatcher1Ashlaikasashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Joined: 04 January 2012
Posts: 13118

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:46am | IP Logged
Dear Jai,

You are a young man, and I am a decidedly ancient woman, and so we are bound to look at these matters differently. It is not  the question of whether white is a colour one wears to a wedding reception that bothers me. Not at all.What I did not like was that the outfit in question was too much in your face and over the top. A deeper colour would have been less over the top; the white was just too much.

I cannot, even at my age, be more candid than this, but it is not the kind of thing I would have liked (or allowed) any daughter of mine to walk around in. And it did not suit Archana as a character at all.

The other thing is that Ankita is such a very,very pretty girl, and she is the same  with practically no makeup and very simple  clothes. Why then does she need this sort of thing? It looked cheap to me.

Shyamala

Originally posted by Jaishankar


Shymala dear wonderful post..Had one thing to add on,the whilte saree and beautiful pedicured toes are of Anki and its Anki more than Archu LOL..Anki clearly mentioned in SBS segement that the whilte saree is hers and she wore it as she feels irritated with the so much crying she has to do..The bindaas lady Anki is,she does not give a damn about it and wanted to look good..so be it is her funda LOL..
PR does not give a damn about this for Anki or anyone.Anki choose to style herself because she loves to and she does it.She loves looking good and she has already stated it SmileAsha/Purvi has to bring in her own outfits and style outfit for better wardrobes..Anki gets this leeway for agreeing to portray a role of mother of 5 children when she is o way close to even looking like that as she looks dead gorgeous ,hot and sexy..Big smile I am sure if Asha decides to bring in her won style she wont be stopped.


[QUOTE=sashashyam]

Manav is now apparently going to fall at Archana's beautifully pedicured feet, painted toe nails at all, and beg pardon for ever having blamed her for anything since Anno Domini 1 - including her nearly sending him in or a long jail term in the chawl demolition case,  and her role in the death (so they all think) of Soham.  He has already started on the second, which has now been downgraded, as Jyothi once pointed out, to a haadsa (accident). He will have arrived at the first as well come Monday.

So, as a good damaad,  Arjun will also presently unclench his jaw and, with tears in his eyes, fall at Purvi's feet (admittedly not as pretty as Archana's, as the PR team cannot afford pedicures for her, not to speak of any decent outfits, and she is already back to her regulation maroon and brown set,  while her aai swans around in see thru white organdy and diamonds).


The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgAshlaikabee5

Jaishankar IF-Dazzler
Jaishankar
Jaishankar

Joined: 12 March 2007
Posts: 4276

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 3:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

Dear Jai,

You are a young man, and I am a decidedly ancient woman, and so we are bound to look at these matters differently. It is not  the question of whether white is a colour one wears to a wedding reception that bothers me. Not at all.What I did not like was that the outfit in question was too much in your face and over the top. A deeper colour would have been less over the top; the white was just too much.

I cannot, even at my age, be more candid than this, but it is not the kind of thing I would have liked (or allowed) any daughter of mine to walk around in. And it did not suit Archana as a character at all.

The other thing is that Ankita is such a very,very pretty girl, and she is the same  with practically no makeup and very simple  clothes. Why then does she need this sort of thing? It looked cheap to me.

Shyamala

[QUOTE=Jaishankar]
Shymala dear wonderful post..Had one thing to add on,the whilte saree and beautiful pedicured toes are of Anki and its Anki more than Archu LOL..Anki clearly mentioned in SBS segement that the whilte saree is hers and she wore it as she feels irritated with the so much crying she has to do..The bindaas lady Anki is,she does not give a damn about it and wanted to look good..so be it is her funda LOL..
PR does not give a damn about this for Anki or anyone.Anki choose to style herself because she loves to and she does it.She loves looking good and she has already stated it SmileAsha/Purvi has to bring in her own outfits and style outfit for better wardrobes..Anki gets this leeway for agreeing to portray a role of mother of 5 children when she is o way close to even looking like that as she looks dead gorgeous ,hot and sexy..Big smile I am sure if Asha decides to bring in her won style she wont be stopped.


Originally posted by sashashyam



Manav is now apparently going to fall at Archana's beautifully pedicured feet, painted toe nails at all, and beg pardon for ever having blamed her for anything since Anno Domini 1 - including her nearly sending him in or a long jail term in the chawl demolition case,  and her role in the death (so they all think) of Soham.  He has already started on the second, which has now been downgraded, as Jyothi once pointed out, to a haadsa (accident). He will have arrived at the first as well come Monday.

So, as a good damaad,  Arjun will also presently unclench his jaw and, with tears in his eyes, fall at Purvi's feet (admittedly not as pretty as Archana's, as the PR team cannot afford pedicures for her, not to speak of any decent outfits, and she is already back to her regulation maroon and brown set,  while her aai swans around in see thru white organdy and diamonds).



hahaha Shyamala dear yes we have different views ..Guess for me I am ok with it as she is looking drop dead gorgeous in white Big smile
My point was that Anki did not get any preference from PR team for this over others.She wore it on her own and came .PR is not giving any preference to Anki by giving her extra wardrobe but she is given the freedom to wear her own due to her commitment to still stick on to this senseless show and acting the role of a mother of 5 children so well...Thats the point I wanted to convey..
And Anki is a very plain honest girl.She clearly mentioned in the interview that she likes a white a lot and hence she wore it.Its just a matter of perspective .She wanted to look good and from her perspective she likes white and she wore it and there is no doubt that she was looking gorgeous in that.Its Anki's wish and choice and when she looked so gorgeous with everyone complimenting it guess she was happy about it .She clearly said it was Anki and not Archu  LOLYes it was out of character of Archu and hence I mentioned it was more Anki and not Archu.

There is nothing logical in the show so to find the logic behind the outfit or its color is like throwing a stone from the mountain top - no point I guess LOL
Since there are so many senseless crap ditched in this show that this seems to be a  a sweet senseless thing shown as we viewers gained in the end senselessly seeing her look drop dead gor
geous..Big smile..As a founder cum member of the HRF group ROFL trying to keep my brain outside for rest and just plucking out the positives which is gorgeous Anki LOL.I would take that any day LOL


Edited by Jaishankar - 09 September 2012 at 3:35am
koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Joined: 03 July 2007
Posts: 20976

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 6:20am | IP Logged
SW and Shyamala ...

This is how I see it .

Ovi is expected , at the tender age of 18 to have 'unselfish' love .

What is 'unselfish love' ? To want your partner to be happy . To be sad at his misery . To learn to give him up ' for the sake of his happiness'. To learn to 'respect' his feelings . 

That kind of love comes with a great deal of maturity , say over 40LOL and sometimes it never comes at all in this lifetime .Smile

What then comes at 18 ?

The roots or capability to love like that .

And i did see the capability in that selfish , spoilt girl who

gave up a modelling assignment for him and risked being sued for him .

who asked god on shivratri day to give him what he wants and make him happy .

who never demanded any change in him .

who never minded his workaholism but was content being at his side .

who trusted him naively and implicitly and let him go without an engagement party .

I am sorry but i did not see any of this in Purvi who only demanded change and more change in him by silently supporting her unreasonable Aai and later trading him like a banana for her Aai's happiness .

If you ask me ...she was damn lucky that someone loved her like that . Reality of life.
Without loving someone back in the same prooprtion , loving only your mummy  [which is very common nowadays] to get this kind of love is very very lucky .

Arjun chose to love a very common girl .

Ovi may not have looked once at his sad face in the reception but did she really expect him to be happy after breaking up with Purvi ? You see she had accepted his love affair with Purvi . Very heart broken she had accepted it and hence her pathetic plea to Purvi that

Give me my Arjun back please .

For that matter did Arjun bother about her sadness when he broke her heart ? He knew her longer than his 3 month association with Purvi ...but he was busy pleasing his girlfriend by buttering up her unreasonable mom wasn't he ?

Did Purvi bother about her sadness when she proceeded to marry Arjun ? We must never forget that she would have married Arjun if this deal was not offered to her . The moment it was ...she thought over it and dumped him .

Did Archana bother about her sadness when she purposefully went to invite the Deshmukhs ?

Did Manav bother about her sadness when he agreed to do the blasted kanyadaaan ?

As far as i see it no one bothered about her sadness . 

Still it is expected of an 18 yr  old that she should think about Arjun's misery when Purvi ...the other 18 yr old gave him misery for life .

Savita was against this marraige . She could have taken matters in her hands and  offered the same deal . Sachu could have . Teju could have . Once you know you are antagonising an entire family be prepared for anything ...deals , threats , tears , fights ...everything . Arjun was prepared to take the flak . Purvi was ready too ...she insisted on Manav doing her kanyadan  whens he could easily have gone in for a court marrige . Purvi changed her mind when she weighed what her mother would get . Not bcoz she could not bear to see her foster sister unhappy . Oh no .

Is giving up your man a love story ?LOLLOL Is rolling over a love story ? LOL Is not putting up a fight for him a love story  and an unselfish act ?LOL Ovi  comes from  Canada where fighting for your man is considered your right in love . And who says that in India you give up your man? If all the great love stories of pativratas are observed the man is uninterested but the female pursues him relentlessly till he gives in . Parvati pursued an uninterested Shiva for 64 years till he relented . If she had respected his feelings and left him alone there would never have been much of a love story in the Shiv Puran .

Many can say to this that ah but Shiva did not love another woman .LOL

So I can give many other examples where the female decides firmly not to give up her man to the other woman and wait for him to outgrow her and fall in love with her . Kannagi is just an example . 

Ovi did not glance at Arjun in the reception because currently she is expecting his misery . She is also expecting him to outgrow Purvi and learn to love or appreciate her.

Is that so wrong ?  

She wants to work on the marraige ...is that so wrong ?

She refused to take no for an answer and went with a single minded determination after her man ...is that so wrong ?

It is not she who treated him like a doll . Purvi traded him like a doll . She got him back from the girl who would never have priortised him inspite of big claims of love . She now expects him to outgrow her and learn to love her ...i don't see avnything wrong in such direct behavior. So she should  have considered Arjun's feelings ...what feelings may i ask . That Purvi is the most wonderful angel on earth ? Well he was wrong wasn,t he . He misjudged her . And if Archana's selfish tough love is acceptable why cannot Ovi show tough love to stubborn Arjun .LOLLOL

Neither do i find Ovi greedy , selfish , cunning , pitiful . Infact i find wastage of Arjun's efforts and time on Purvi as pitful as she is simply not worth the effort . Selfishness was the forte of all 3 so i won't call only Ovi that . Greed is grabbing the deal for her mom and selling your fiancee . Cunning and manipulative is something entirely different ...here we see Ovi telling Manav the very next day how she made Purvi that offer and requesting him to take back Archana . Neither did she tell Archana not to tell Manav nor Purvi not to tell Archana or Arjun . She made the deal but she was not cunning .

I would have hated it ...simply hated being dumped on my wedding day after a 3 month torrid romance . I would never have seen the face of my fiancee in my lifetime for this insult . I would have never seen the face of my spouse if he had tried to financially ruin me  with a false court case nor would I  have ever made efforts to get back with him if he had lost one of our children . Forget giving him a penny as a divorce settlement  I would have initiated a speedy divorce . These are no love stories at all . When you are in love you don't hurt the one you love ...Ovi merely got Arjun back but Archana and Purvi truly hurt the persons they claim to love irrepairably by doing real damage to that person .


















The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Kalapi.Senorita.Dabulls23

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
TB: Zee tvs diwali week - PR

2

Author: Armu4eva   Replies: 12   Views: 1565

Armu4eva 12 1565 17 October 2011 at 9:32pm by .Mandy.
TRPs of pavitra rishta in week 26

Author: pixienasrin   Replies: 5   Views: 1576

pixienasrin 5 1576 01 July 2011 at 5:40pm by Thanee
PR ###1 for week 25

Author: prajjy   Replies: 9   Views: 1236

prajjy 9 1236 22 June 2011 at 6:51am by Tanyaz
*~Pavitra Scene Of The Week~* Pls Vote for Week-3

2 3

Author: ancyz_world   Replies: 22   Views: 2681

ancyz_world 22 2681 04 July 2009 at 1:58am by ancyz_world
2nd week TRPS week end 13th June

Author: laali4shekhar   Replies: 4   Views: 1201

laali4shekhar 4 1201 17 June 2009 at 10:33pm by Millerrr88

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pavitra Rishta Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index