Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PR this week: Purvi deconstructed (Page 10)

Ashlaika IF-Rockerz
Ashlaika
Ashlaika

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Lord - I don't mean to get into this J v J discussion.

But I just want to add one of my many opinions :D.

I too hear many say Arjun should have spoken to Ovi - What many dont recall is that he did try, but she was too busy in HER OWN WORLD to hear what he had to say. He said it loud and clear that "I'm in love with someone else"  but she was too busy being OVI  to care about what Arjun wanted to speak to her about so importantly.

Ok... the engagement happened and it is water under the bridge about the whole phone call above and clearing matters. He allowed the engagement to happen cause in HIS mind he was trying to be a good son and friend (court case and blah blah blah).  BUT -  any girl who thinks about more than just herself and have her fiance's well being at heart would notice his unhappiness, would wonder why he doesnt have time for her... would question why he is not into her.

lastly... for her rude wake up call - when she came to see him at the garage he told her he loves Purvi. How much clearer can he get. I know sitting and talking to her as a friend would have been the best solution. BUT... Ovi was convinced that Purvi had a hold over Arjun for his money and it was encouraged by Savita and nothing ANYONE, including Arjun could have said would change her and minimised her obsession for him. It is not love - it is obsession.

If a girl does not listen to her TWIN sister, will she listen to a guy she thinks is being ruled by a girl for money? 

Anyway... at the end of the day. Arjun is wrong, Purvi is wrong, Ovi is wrong and now ALL  three have to suffer.

Hopefully Janhvi when u  hit Arjun against that brick wall nothing breaks - pls be gentle with him, he does have to dance in JDJ for us afterall. lol lol lol

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

ss4123mandy321adittydolce123jdronamrajuAxiombee5soapwatcher1crazygirl4RDpeachesnplums

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
I still say Purvi and Ovi are more wrong than our Arjun !!! LOL !! ROFL !!

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

mandy321archverma10dolce123AxiomAshlaikaNadaCintasoapwatcher1crazygirl4RDsashashyam

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Jyo, will be as gentle as possible, will pad a bat and hit him with it.
Will take Purvi straight to a brick wall!

Ash, J.n J ?LOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ss4123mandy321AxiomjdronamrajuAshlaikaNadaCintasashashyam

Ashlaika IF-Rockerz
Ashlaika
Ashlaika

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Jyothi n Janhvi of course!!! : )

Yes yes... a bat is sufficient... maybe one of Sachin Tendulkar's bat that he used to bat with back in the days... those might be soft and old and brittle by now. One lash against AK and the bat will be done with and so will be beating. lol

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mandy321AxiomjdronamrajuNadaCintasoapwatcher1sashashyam

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kalapi

Shyamala dear, you know the problem right now I have with Prince Arjun, it is his 'never ever" about giving Ovi the status of a wife. The problem with this is partly 2 fold. Although Ovi did put forward a deal to Purvi to get Arjun, now with his sudden character strength and enlightenment, he decides not to give wife status to Ovi. This will make Ovi that absolute keema between this 2 'ex-lovers as both tries to jump higher and higher just to prove that they were right? Even though Ovi made the deal (and I happen to be one of the people who don't really think a third person can't break a relationship if the foundation is strong, so Ovi's guilt is rather extremely small in my POV, and can't be compared to either Arjun or Purvi), she never  expected this turn of events.

Arjun did agree to the marriage, there wasn't a gun to his head. So, after making a conscious choice he decides to punish Ovi just because she happen to love him and ready to do anything to get him. Now that he doesn't start concentrating on his relation with Ovi, what next??? This only lead him on towards Purvi, like a fly that is irresistibly drawn towards a flame'isn't that disastrous???  Unless, of course, Dk decides to take Arjun/Ovi back to Canada and the rest, including Purvis stays back in India and interactions are minimized. Situation of this sort could have happened anyway the moment both sisters felt for the same man, and Archu (Manav) decides to support either.

Now, regarding Ovi suicidal attempt being fake I personally don't think so (although, the attempted second suicide as well as the first was a very shoddy job by the Cvs indeed). She just to me, appears to be a girl who loved her Arjun, that is all. The wedding night conversation was a glimpse of the old, a tat bit self-assured arrogant Ovi who was successful at her endeavor... 'I happen to have seen people who are not bad but just has a tad bit of arrogance, esp. students from some premier institutions'well, I think you get it'anyway, Cvs are pretty faithful towards her character so far, and I, for one didn't think that the marriage was a drama or that she will not accept Archana as aai ' I was fairly sure she would'...

Shyamala dear Good topic and i agree on your starting post...Have been reading some of the other posts but not all as time cosuming and eye issues...Age is creeping up yaar..
Kalapi, kools fab posts..  Totally agree with you on underlined...NEway my thoughts as I have observed PR for 3 yrs almost..

I just wrote this is Bee's topic and thought I paste it here...Its about Purvi and how she is constructed by one and only mommy dearest Archana, inherited from Queen be Sanskar ki devi Sulo..Not sure anyone has had a chance to read this...

Bee Archana adopting or picking Purvi up from the accident scene was totally replacement for her own kids...She has put so much importance on how Purvi has been able to keep her going even after Archana losing her marriage and kids...

We all know the type of pressure, expectations being imposed on a child indirectly or directly???? Cry For freaking 18 yrs...My baba my baba...But never abt siblings (Bio kids) or else Purvi would have know it was not kosher to hook up with sister's ex fiance...Embarrassed

Archana is Narcisstic mother...I can do no wrong, I am right, I know it all, I sacrificed, I am Sanskari etc crap has been fed to her tiny little brain by Sulo the Queen B of sanskars...And same has been inherited by Purvi...Embarrassed

Like a master mind and cold blooded sadistic person Purvi planned the whole thing...She arranged it all, decked up for wedding, called Arjun, Called Ovi, Arranged for Pundit to do wedding ritual, and than stood there & watched them get married...You tell me is that not someone sadistic & having a master mind? Archana did same with Shravni...and People blamed and hated Shravni...How and Why? Confused

Archana calls this tyaag-balidaan? How?Angry

Ovi had put a deal in front of her...Ovi was supposidly committing suicide again...whether she would have or not is another topic but Ovi did not FUP with purvi abt her deal on the day of the wedding...She even accepted manav's lie abt going to the wedding to help DK...
So had Ovi not heard from Purvi she was not going to go crash the wedding asking Purvi to give her Arjun back...I would not blame Ovi here..

Yeah she did make a deal...Purvi did not have to accept or go thru it...

Purvi made a deal Arjun did not have to accept & go thru it.

But if Ovi gets a call from Purvi w/o Ovi's insistance than how is it her fault for marrying Arjun...Purvi gave Arjun away like yesterday';s trash...Purvi's trash was Ovi's treasure...
Arjun did not have to accept...he should have packed his bags and taken the flight back to canada...ovi would not have even known abt what Purvi asked Arjun to do...

Marriage would have been cancelled...End of the story..

Archana defo gets a blame for the crap she was telling Purvi abt tyaag and balidaan...These 3 women in K home has loose screws...They should not be married to any men...Men lose their manhood after marrying these type of women...They simply become ULLUs and Lallus..Embarrassed

Edited by Dabulls23 - 08 September 2012 at 12:36pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

ss4123mandy321jdronamrajuKalapisoapwatcher1crazygirl4RDbee5shermakoolsadhu1000.Senorita.sashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Dear Mandy,

Thanks ever so much, my dear, but let us forget about Arjun and Purvi and PR for a moment and concentrate on your very apt quotation from the Bible. Is it from the Epistle to the Corinthians? I am very weak in the matter of biblical quotations, and you are so very good at it that I am constantly learning something new from you.

Shyamala

Originally posted by mandy321

Dear Shyamalaji,

I didn't realize how apt the title of PR this week is Purvi deconstructed:) Love with all my heart..Loved every post here.

Arjun ,Purvi ,Ovi is in a place where they have done that,been there and will never be the same again,oh what a holy mess, which is so deep,wide,big and so tall and I am not sure how CVs are going rebuild their broken world!

It is a permanent scar! They all have OCD problem and need good help or maybe I need to ( still stuck here bc of ArVi's past magic)

I like the new version Arjun ( I think we were all hungry for a real man:) When Arjun was under the spell of Purvi mania I thought we lost the man in him ( is it too harsh for me to say this?) But yes,each needs to face their own music because each one is responsible for their choices under no circumstances I won't blame anyone or upbringing and situations.

So I would quote Paul C for Ovi ' Do not seek to be loved at any price ,because Love has no price

My addition for Purvi ' Do not seek to sell love  at any price ,because Love has no price

Same goes for Arjun ' Do not seek to accept any deal of love at any price,without using your left brain because Love has no price

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jdronamrajuNadaCinta

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Dear zeezee,

Thanks a lot for your very kind words. May I return the compliment and tell you that your analysis and your assessment of Purvi are both very sound (even if I am by now getting a tad tired of having all the 'adopted child' handicaps trotted out by any number of Purvi-philes every now and then). What is even better is the section
@red. As you might have seen from one of my posts above, I think, just like you,  that point no.1 on Arjun's future agenda should be to show both these girls that he is NOT a barter item. For now, I am glad that he has stopped blaming only Ovi.

Having said this, I would like to make just one point, and this concerns your remix of that famous quotation about loving honour more. It is neat, and you are on exactly the same wavelength as Janhvi here.

But then,zeezee, it all comes down to how you define "love". It is very different for Arjun and for Purvi. For Arjun it is a blind obsessive passion, for which he would count the world well lost. To use that beautifully evocative Hindi term, it is a deewangee. He never counts any cost where she is concerned. It is not just because he is rich and he is not adopted. He would have been the same even if he had nothing, neither wealth nor birth.

For Purvi, to start with, love was something slightly non kosher, a disreputable thing not for sanskaari  (lower) middle class girls. When she finally got around to accepting his love (to hosannas from the 90% of the forum that is nuts about her), it was as if she was doing him a great favour in doing so, a sort of King Cophetua stood on his head. In fact that is what she did, she let herself be loved.

Good for her, if all he needed from her was that she should exist, and not kick him in the teeth. She never had any deep feeling for him (which was always explained away by the above-mentioned 90% as  due to her middle class values, whatever that means ), and as for deewaangee, toba, toba!  I always knew that she would ditch him for her aai, just when he least expected it, but what I did not expect was that she would  be so underhand and so unfeeling about it.

When she sees an opening to secure her mother's future at his expense, she sells him down the river, after not only breaking all those saath nibhana promises she had made, but after asking him, when she calls him from the beauty parlour Mujhpe vishwas karte ho na? The last was, to  my mind, the worst betrayal of all. She lies to him,  traps him and coshes him emotionally, and like the fool he is, he falls headlong into it. It is all very well to blame him for doing so, but the fact is that if he had not been a deewaana,  he would have given her 2 tight slaps and walked out after throwing her ring in her face.

I dare say they will get together again in due course, after all there are no other candidates around for either. But it will be, to revive one of my favourite comparisons, like broken  china glued together. If I were Arjun, I would never trust her again,and with my heart the least of all.

See, nowhere in all the mutual admiration sessions between Archana and Purvi over the latter's super mahaan tyaag,  has either been shown sparing even a single thought for what this mahaan beti has condemned Arjun to for the rest of his life. Not one word. It is as if he is expendable, like a Kleenex.

The way Purvi speaks to him when he turns up at her doorstep yesterday betrays the same mentality: she has got what she wants and she does not want him to make any trouble with Ovi for then Ovi might back out of her part of the deal re: accepting Archana. There is not even a  twinge of involuntary pain in her face at the sight of what he is obviously going thru. All she wants is to push him out pronto.

She never was Juliet-material, this girl, but now she has touched rock bottom.

As for those who shed tears over her sufferings, all I have to say is that, firstly, they are self-inflicted, and secondly, they are far too little. She needs to suffer a lot more  and learn the hard way what she has thrown away.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by zeezee55

ClapThumbs UpClap  Excellent!!!  I loved the way your analysed Purvi.  Today a friend of mine was sympathising Purvi because Archana had given her such a tight slap (we are stil one episode behind!!) and I told her if I were Purvi's mother she would have got more than just a tight slap!!

Purvi has always been high-handed.  She does only what she wants.  She had been rude to Arjun even though he was her boss.  But i thought she had mellowed after falling in love with Arjun.  sigh... I was wrong ... that old Purvi was always there, will always be there... under the surface...

I hope i am quoting this right ... "It's not that she loved Arjun less, but she loved her mother more!!!!"

Although Purvi cannot be absolved of blame, to be fair to Purvi (and we must), i think giving up Arjun was a tough one, a very tough one.  There is nothing in the world more catalytic than guilt - and Ovi played the guilt card extremely well.   Purvi was adopted and although Archana has never given her reason to feel so, nevertheless Purvi felt that she owed Archana a debt of gratitude ... many of us who are not adopted may not realise the depth of such a feeling.  And in recent times, there had been references to her being adopted and that she was not part of the Deshmukh family.  Purvi in not only uniting Archana and Manav, was also i believe wanting to have the right to call Manav 'father' .  As i mentioned in another post, Manav has not fully accepted Purvi as his daughter and Purvi had a long way to go to do so...  Purvi paid a very very heavy price to earn the right to be a Deshmukh... 

I don't think Purvi is as bad as painted, yes, she planned and executed the marriage switch extremely well - you cannot expect anything less from Purvi because that is who she is.  She has that inner strength to hold her emotions in check to carry out what she felt was the right thing to do.   And I think Purvi has some inferior complex in her that is why she behaves so high-handed.  She does not know her parentage and in a country like India it is important to know your parentage and your lineage, and I suppose she must have wondered who she really is, who her parents were... I am assuming that ARchana did not know who the parents are. She probably felt that Arjun was too good for her (he probably is - i'm sure he would never trade her for anyone else no matter what)  and that she did not deserve him (well now she probably does not ... like i said in another post, she 'returned to sender' a god-sent gift).  But taking these weaknesses into consideration, i can empathise with Purvi and would not be too harsh on her.  She is pretty much misguided and wanting to "belong". 

Anyway, to cut my rantngs short.  I want to see an ARVI REUNION but i think Purvi needs to learn a harsh lesson that you do not trade people you love like a commidity.  AND OVI needs to learn the same thing and also needs to learn that not all love is reciprocated and when such a thing happens to one, one should learn to accept the inevitable and move on instead of making everybody's life miserable.  So i think Arjun should teach both Ovi and Purvi a lesson to respect humanity and being humane - that one should not treat a person like a commidity.  Because that is what happened both Arjun and Archana became a commidity that was traded between Ovi and Purvi...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ss4123mandy321jdronamrajuNadaCinta

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Ash,

Any thrashings Arjun is to get will be from one of the three of us - Archana , Jyothi or me. We will never trust him to the tender mercies of anyone else, least of all Janhvi, who is just waiting for the teeniest weeniest little crack in the wall of universal disapproval around Purvi right now, to try and put her ladli  back on the special pedestal the 90%  have built expressly for her.Wink

Shyamala

Originally posted by Ashlaika

Lord - I don't mean to get into this J v J discussion.

But I just want to add one of my many opinions :D.

I too hear many say Arjun should have spoken to Ovi - What many dont recall is that he did try, but she was too busy in HER OWN WORLD to hear what he had to say. He said it loud and clear that "I'm in love with someone else"  but she was too busy being OVI  to care about what Arjun wanted to speak to her about so importantly.

Ok... the engagement happened and it is water under the bridge about the whole phone call above and clearing matters. He allowed the engagement to happen cause in HIS mind he was trying to be a good son and friend (court case and blah blah blah).  BUT -  any girl who thinks about more than just herself and have her fiance's well being at heart would notice his unhappiness, would wonder why he doesnt have time for her... would question why he is not into her.

lastly... for her rude wake up call - when she came to see him at the garage he told her he loves Purvi. How much clearer can he get. I know sitting and talking to her as a friend would have been the best solution. BUT... Ovi was convinced that Purvi had a hold over Arjun for his money and it was encouraged by Savita and nothing ANYONE, including Arjun could have said would change her and minimised her obsession for him. It is not love - it is obsession.

If a girl does not listen to her TWIN sister, will she listen to a guy she thinks is being ruled by a girl for money? 

Anyway... at the end of the day. Arjun is wrong, Purvi is wrong, Ovi is wrong and now ALL  three have to suffer.

Hopefully Janhvi when u  hit Arjun against that brick wall nothing breaks - pls be gentle with him, he does have to dance in JDJ for us afterall. lol lol lol

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ss4123mandy321archverma10AxiomjdronamrajuAshlaikaNadaCinta

Go to top