Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kalapi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Vgiri...I am sure there all sorts of love stories...am sure there are people who could love to be challenged in front of all and sundry and even in front of his own employees to the point he is belittled in front of his own employees. I am sure Arjun could have loved to be slapped in future by MIL as MAnav has been countless times. I am sure like MAnav, Arjun couldn't mind been pulled to court on criminal charges and his very integrity challenged. Yes, they are all sorts of love stories and some men as you said loved to be humiliated, surely they feel rejuvenated...but if I am that man, I couldn't liked to be given up at the altar for the future MIL or be humiliated in public...if Arjun is that Man so be it...if this is the type of men you like, so be it...to each his/her own...but, me, I am definitely not...I will not give up on my identify as a person, or will liked to be pulled to court by the person claiming to love me on false charges, nor given up on at the very last minute by the person who made tall claims on love. If this is love, I could rather prefer to remain loveless for the rest of my life. But, am lucky, the love of my life never wanted me to change to fit with him...glad of it...blessed I feel after watching PR.πŸ˜ƒ..

To me, Ovi wasn't a spoilt brat. To me Ovi love wasn't that obsession. Love is different to different people and is too complex to define on a set of parameters. To me Ovi's love wasn't obsession, and for her love she was willing to fight. Living in Canada, probably have taught her that, since young people do go out for what they want ruthlessly and actually, I appreciate that nature in them. They do not take no for an answer neither lying down nor let someone else decide their future on their behalf. Maybe, I am that kind of a character myself and that is why I could identify with her. Besides, she accepted Arjun as is, never wanted him to change...of course going fwd the Cvs might destroy her character...but that is a different story altogether, my dear...Besides, can you tell me what 'depth of Arjun and Purvi's love did Ovi witness so far...Purvi sold that 'depth of love' like an eggplant or a potato, if I may that easily without a gun to her head..

Besides, to you it might be that love only equates to sacrifices, in my dictionary it isn't. Sorry to disagree. Besides, can you tell me what is the 'great depth of Arjun and Purvi 's love according to you? Is that depth includes Arjun giving up his Dad like a hot potato to prove himself. Sorry, I beg again to disagree, if loves needs people to give up on their identity, the identity that ones inherits due to birth, I am not sure I think that as 'depth of love'. To me Arjun was obsessed with the first girl he met in his trip to India. That is all. Besides, how is Purvi's love that great, that she couldn't accept Arjun as he was?  Is that love to you that you think, 'oh this is a good guy, but I need to change him to fit myself in order to love him'. Sorry, to me that isn't love. Is that love to you that Purvi planned and administered the marriage of her fiance to Ovi meticulously and planned it so well with emotional blackmail that Arjun couldn't back off?

Sorry, this might be love to you, but it isn't love to me. So, since our definition of love differs so much, maybe it is futile to discuss love between us. Sorry, again to disagree...πŸ˜ƒ

Kalapi.. Great post.. very well stated.. but unfortunately I have to disagree with your POV.

First .. Very common one..If a Leo fall in love with another Leo, this is what happens.. and they are very successful at their work, love and life. Some guys do like challenging girls, they do not take it as a threat to their business or ego.

But what I find problematic with this great love story is that love started with fights after fights and then suddenly both just out of the blue 'fell' in love .

Second, This point is absolutely correct.. but is this the way Arjun-Purvi relationship or Arjun's "sweet" talks with Ovi are portrayed in the show.. No..Arjun tried his best to contact Ovi to tell her abou t his change of mind and WE all know from day one that Arjunwas neverin love with Ovi and Ovi was the one pushed/tricked him to get engaged to her.

All of a sudden, Prince Arjun startsfeeling forPurvi romantically..Mind you he is already 'engaged' as the familes have agreed to,to be married with someone else, Not a thought about his current predicament, or a feeling of guilt or a conscious dilemma.

If Ovitruly lovesArjun then I would agree with rest of your argument. But shehas behaved like a spoilt brat. Even after knowing the depth of Arjun - Purvi's love,she went after him. Arjun is not a toy here. Have u seen kids who throw tantrums and cry for a toy in the mall, so to avoid embarassment parents buy that toy.. Ovi has done something like that and gotten Arjun. It is def. not   "fighting spirit in getting her love"

If you think what Ovi has for Arjun is Love, plz define that..

For the following one.. This is perfect for Arjun but not for Ovi..what she has isObsession.

'when you want something with all your heart, even the heavens will pull all forces to get it to you'

Today.. looks/feels as if..all of them (Arjun/Purvi/Ovi) are selfish..

(tried editing with Galaxy Note.. )

Edited by vgiri - 10 September 2012 at 7:14am

Edited by Kalapi - 11 years ago
Kalapi thumbnail

Shyamala dear,

Hope you wrist is feeling better.  

With you reference to the 'the Arjun she claims as her own no longer exists'

I feel that to Ovi, Arjun's love or the Changes Arjun never existed, at least not until that night after their marriage.

I remember 2 dialogues specially in this regard.

One was, 'Arjun was away from me 3 months and see what happened' (can't remember the exact hindi words).

The other was, 'Mai sob thik karongi' (I will fix it).

To me, she thought whatever Arjun had for Purvi can be fixed or cured. Of course, that is from her POV. If she understood that Arjun loved Purvi before marriage, then definitely she could have tried to move away from them, right. In fact, lot of us had said, she deserves better, Arjun doesn't deserve such love and devotion nor she should love or be devoted to anyone to this extend, I feel. I know I can't do it myself. So, somehow her fixation was so much so that she just didn't just get it. Not until, I think the wedding night, when she says something to the effect of, I know Arjun you don't love me. I am not sure what resulted in such enlightenment (unless, it is the first step by the Cvs to turn this character totally negative), maybe Arjun in his maddening, frightful state could finally get it through her. Maybe, the biggest mistake that Arjun did is that he wasn't able to get it in her that he didn't love her. Maybe, if this happened before marriage, this couldn't have come to pass….we shall never know or rather we couldn't have such drama...πŸ˜ƒ

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Kalapi

Besides, to you it might be that love only equates to sacrifices, in my dictionary it isn't. Sorry to disagree. Besides, can you tell me what is the 'great depth of Arjun and Purvi 's love according to you? Is that depth includes Arjun giving up his Dad like a hot potato to prove himself. Sorry, I beg again to disagree, if loves needs people to give up on their identity, the identity that ones inherits due to birth, I am not sure I think that as 'depth of love'. To me Arjun was obsessed with the first girl he met in his trip to India. That is all. Besides, how is Purvi's love that great, that she couldn't accept Arjun as he was?  Is that love to you that you think, 'oh this is a good guy, but I need to change him to fit myself in order to love him'. Sorry, to me that isn't love. Is that love to you that Purvi planned and administered the marriage of her fiance to Ovi meticulously and planned it so well with emotional blackmail that Arjun couldn't back off?

Sorry, this might be love to you, but it isn't love to me. So, since our definition of love differs so much, maybe it is futile to discuss love between us. Sorry, again to disagree...πŸ˜ƒ

Fabulous post Kalapi πŸ‘...Loved this para especially...@ underlined...Purvi a Novelty to Arjun...he fell in love with the first girl in India...I wrote abt this while back and may be 3-4 times already...Purvi was a novelty to Arjun a feisty, confident (Over), obnoxious girl in India he came across , fought with her but fell for her too...Attraction-Infatuation...Purvi Became an Obsession  for him IMHO...He kept pursuing her until she gave in..That passion never came from Purvi to Arjun.

Novelty eventually wears off...Its only 3 months and he will get over it...

I will wait to read on Vgiri's take on "Depth of Love"

Shyamala dear do TC of your wrist and shoulder..

GTG PT appt and will catch u all later..
Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Dear Kool,

Thanks a lot. I hope so too, and I do not want to have an operation for clearing the inflamed carpal tunnel - I had one 27 years ago, which was the last time it was so bad, and then it was from handling my son, then a chubby baby who insisted on being carried all the time. The carpal tunnel is in the wrist,  in the same line as  the little finger.

The fact is that I need to rest it and see if that works. Which means that  I have to fight this incessant urge to argue and explain and seek to convince others of my viewpoint, It is a carry over from my 38 years as a professional diplomat, and is not a habit easily shaken off. So, like a diabetic eyeing sweets, I tell myself that just one more small post won't hurt, but of course it does. So after this one, time to be good for at least another 2-3 days.

See you soon, and please do not deprive me of your commentary on today's maha revelation and maha confession episode. I can't wait for it!

Shyamala

Originally posted by: koolsadhu1000

shyamala i hope ur wrist gets better soon dear .

Edited by sashashyam - 11 years ago
jdronamraju thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Shyamala,
Kool has one separate post on today's episode, you should read it, will enjoy it.. i did. 😊
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
No no Shyamala take good care of that wrist dear do not neglect it . I do understand the compulsive addiction  to explain ur POV  [ for im like that] but U need to take good care of it . Heres wishing for ur speedy recovery ...

kools .
vgiri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kalapi

Vgiri...I am sure there all sorts of love stories...am sure there are people who could love to be challenged in front of all and sundry and even in front of his own employees to the point he is belittled in front of his own employees. I am sure Arjun could have loved to be slapped in future by MIL as MAnav has been countless times. I am sure like MAnav, Arjun couldn't mind been pulled to court on criminal charges and his very integrity challenged. Yes, they are all sorts of love stories and some men as you said loved to be humiliated, surely they feel rejuvenated...but if I am that man, I couldn't liked to be given up at the altar for the future MIL or be humiliated in public...if Arjun is that Man so be it...if this is the type of men you like, so be it...to each his/her own...but, me, I am definitely not...I will not give up on my identify as a person, or will liked to be pulled to court by the person claiming to love me on false charges, nor given up on at the very last minute by the person who made tall claims on love. If this is love, I could rather prefer to remain loveless for the rest of my life. But, am lucky, the love of my life never wanted me to change to fit with him...glad of it...blessed I feel after watching PR.πŸ˜ƒ..

To me, Ovi wasn't a spoilt brat. To me Ovi love wasn't that obsession. Love is different to different people and is too complex to define on a set of parameters. To me Ovi's love wasn't obsession, and for her love she was willing to fight. Living in Canada, probably have taught her that, since young people do go out for what they want ruthlessly and actually, I appreciate that nature in them. They do not take no for an answer neither lying down nor let someone else decide their future on their behalf. Maybe, I am that kind of a character myself and that is why I could identify with her. Besides, she accepted Arjun as is, never wanted him to change...of course going fwd the Cvs might destroy her character...but that is a different story altogether, my dear...Besides, can you tell me what 'depth of Arjun and Purvi's love did Ovi witness so far...Purvi sold that 'depth of love' like an eggplant or a potato, if I may that easily without a gun to her head..

Kalapi.. Great post.. very well stated.. but unfortunately I have to disagree with your POV.

First .. Very common one..If a Leo fall in love with another Leo, this is what happens.. and they are very successful at their work, love and life. Some guys do like challenging girls, they do not take it as a threat to their business or ego.

But what I find problematic with this great love story is that love started with fights after fights and then suddenly both just out of the blue 'fell' in love .

Second, This point is absolutely correct.. but is this the way Arjun-Purvi relationship or Arjun's "sweet" talks with Ovi are portrayed in the show.. No..Arjun tried his best to contact Ovi to tell her abou t his change of mind and WE all know from day one that Arjunwas neverin love with Ovi and Ovi was the one pushed/tricked him to get engaged to her.

All of a sudden, Prince Arjun startsfeeling forPurvi romantically..Mind you he is already 'engaged' as the familes have agreed to,to be married with someone else, Not a thought about his current predicament, or a feeling of guilt or a conscious dilemma.

If Ovitruly lovesArjun then I would agree with rest of your argument. But shehas behaved like a spoilt brat. Even after knowing the depth of Arjun - Purvi's love,she went after him. Arjun is not a toy here. Have u seen kids who throw tantrums and cry for a toy in the mall, so to avoid embarassment parents buy that toy.. Ovi has done something like that and gotten Arjun. It is def. not   "fighting spirit in getting her love"

If you think what Ovi has for Arjun is Love, plz define that..

For the following one.. This is perfect for Arjun but not for Ovi..what she has isObsession.

'when you want something with all your heart, even the heavens will pull all forces to get it to you'

Today.. looks/feels as if..all of them (Arjun/Purvi/Ovi) are selfish..

(tried editing with Galaxy Note.. )

Edited by vgiri - 10 September 2012 at 7:14am

Dear Kalapi & Dabull

I haven't been watching PR from the beginning, just started 7 or 8 months back.. precisely from ARVI track. so I am not going to keep ARMAN track in mind and discuss my point..

Some of the events are over dramatic, we all know that.. I dont think employees can behave like  the way Purvi behaved at work, and employers can  never treat employees like the way Arjun did.. so please put that detail aside and take that they both are equally  Intelligent, go getters, very assertive and very good at their work.

What Arjun had for Purvi (or vice versa) is love from my POV.(it could be infatuation from you pov) They care (or cared !!!)  for each other, up until this marriage deal they stood for each other, worked together towards their goal. They wanted to get married with elders blessings, more than that they were happy together, enjoyed each other's company.

Why Arjun is not the old AK..it was his choice to change, he wanted to bridge the gap between him and Purvi so he did. Purvi also changed, she stopped being arrogant.
We all change through out our life time, our social exposure changes our perspective towards things. so plz do not question that..
Ovi never asked him to change!!!  Did she even know where he was wrong or right? She just wanted be a very good Trophy wife. πŸ˜‰

With regard to Ovi, What Ovi had for Arjun is a one sided Love or infatuation.. you can call it anyway u want..yes he agreed to marry her, got engaged to her, and even got her bangles to hide his feelings for Purvi. Yes he mislead Ovi..But he realized his mistake and after Arjun-Purvi confessed to each other, he tried his best to clarify things.. Yes it was not an easily acceptable fact for Ovi as she was crazy about him. But these things do happen to people. Esp. for people from western countries, it should be easy to let go and move on.(assuming they are less emotional)
 Kalapi, if he had loved her before, then we can agree with her obsession.  

You think Ovi can convince him to love her in due course? Go for it.. I am not going to argue..

I still want Ovi to understand Arjun's love for Purvi and give him up. In the same way, I want Purvi to accept that she need not be Tyaagi and give up Arjun, If CVs truly believe in rishta, they will bring Arjun & Purvi together.. This is what I want to see, period. πŸ‘πŸΌ

i never write long posts.. If we still cannot find a common ground to agree, please let it go..πŸ˜ƒ
Kalapi thumbnail
Originally posted by: vgiri

Dear Kalapi & Dabull

I haven't been watching PR from the beginning, just started 7 or 8 months back.. precisely from ARVI track. so I am not going to keep ARMAN track in mind and discuss my point..

Some of the events are over dramatic, we all know that.. I dont think employees can behave like  the way Purvi behaved at work, and employers can  never treat employees like the way Arjun did.. so please put that detail aside and take that they both are equally  Intelligent, go getters, very assertive and very good at their work.

What Arjun had for Purvi (or vice versa) is love from my POV.(it could be infatuation from you pov) They care (or cared !!!)  for each other, up until this marriage deal they stood for each other, worked together towards their goal. They wanted to get married with elders blessings, more than that they were happy together, enjoyed each other's company.

Why Arjun is not the old AK..it was his choice to change, he wanted to bridge the gap between him and Purvi so he did. Purvi also changed, she stopped being arrogant.
We all change through out our life time, our social exposure changes our perspective towards things. so plz do not question that..
Ovi never asked him to change!!!  Did she even know where he was wrong or right? She just wanted be a very good Trophy wife. πŸ˜‰

With regard to Ovi, What Ovi had for Arjun is a one sided Love or infatuation.. you can call it anyway u want..yes he agreed to marry her, got engaged to her, and even got her bangles to hide his feelings for Purvi. Yes he mislead Ovi..But he realized his mistake and after Arjun-Purvi confessed to each other, he tried his best to clarify things.. Yes it was not an easily acceptable fact for Ovi as she was crazy about him. But these things do happen to people. Esp. for people from western countries, it should be easy to let go and move on.(assuming they are less emotional)
 Kalapi, if he had loved her before, then we can agree with her obsession.  

You think Ovi can convince him to love her in due course? Go for it.. I am not going to argue..

I still want Ovi to understand Arjun's love for Purvi and give him up. In the same way, I want Purvi to accept that she need not be Tyaagi and give up Arjun, If CVs truly believe in rishta, they will bring Arjun & Purvi together.. This is what I want to see, period. πŸ‘πŸΌ

i never write long posts.. If we still cannot find a common ground to agree, please let it go..πŸ˜ƒ

Vgiri…..I still don't see yet the 'depth of love' that you proclaimed in your post before, I do see persistence in Ovi's love and her ability to get it at the end…..

Btw, so as you propose now Arjun/Purvi' marriage, so the equation so far..

1.       Arjun engaged with Ovi

2.       Arjun falls in love with Purvi

3.       Arjun marries Ovi

4.       I guess divorce happens just for the 'great love'

5.       Arjun marries Purvi

Don't know the society you live in (West or East)…but any of the societies I live in, it will surely start eyes rolling and tongues wagging. So, the sanctity of marriage isn't much to you since Arjun was totally in sense when he went through. Love or infatuation (or the physical need, I will definitely call it that then) is paramount, and you will allow, making a mockery of marriage among other things. I find even now the situation this marriage of Ovi has created; I don't even want to imagine what as you propose, will create. How could you feel, if you marry a guy, and then that guy marries your sister, I guess fun, is all in the familyπŸ˜‰.

Please, don't tell me they are not sisters now, after both girls started calling Archana and Manav, Aai Baba. I tell it from what I have seen of adopted kids, they do fall within society's norms and rules. This was bound to happen anyway, even if Arjun didn't marry Ovi and married Purvi. That is why long time back, I said, Archana was totally shortsighted with this issue…..

vgiri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You have made it look so bad Kalapi..I am not going discuss further on this..so..Let it go..πŸ˜‰
mandy321 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I  so badly want the CVs to close Arjun's chapter by a raging bull while he walking down the street thinking about Purvi for 6 reasons-

1. I don't want a married Arjun chasing Purvi in the name of  some twisted Pavitra Rista.

2.There is no miserable man than him now and  all the miseries were brought by him alone ( for me, no blame game once you become an adult)thanks to him for being the biggest amoebalike  character and irreversible mistake he has made.

3.Bari beraham se dhoka kiya,spat,sold by his beloved whom he loved with all his heart,mind and soul. It is irreparable esp more after he got married.

4. His best friend brought the barter system back.I don't want it to continue .

5. I don't want Purvi calling Arjun Jija ji.

6. I can't see Ovi and Arjun together ( she doesn't deserve him nor does Purvi)

7.For the sake of Asha and Rithvik's chemistry. I would like CV to introduce a new character called Karan ( We want only Rithvik ) 

May be Laurie can help the CVs of PR who is not ARJUN in any sense but exactly look like ARJUN and make PURVI fall for Karan first .Karan brings back the misplaced heart and brain which Purvi left so deep under the Sanskari  Mahaan Tyaag water for so long!

But 1 & 7 will be my main reason why I want Arjun chapter to be close.