India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Let us protest

rohini55 Goldie
rohini55
rohini55

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Let us protest guys! the only soap in teledom worth watching is going the melodrama way and I hate, hate, hate it.
BV was indeed the only serial where progress happened over conversations -- between shiv and anandi, shiv and sumitra, anandi and Bhairon, anandi and dadisa, anandi and Khajan and so on. Each of these conversations helped move the story forward. And BV conveyed social messages effortlessly in almost every episode.
Take the Sept 5 episode. Dadisa saying Shiv taught her to respect women and the younger generation. So beautifully told in the course of a natural conversation. Bhairon saying SA marriage is going to change them beyond his own estimation. Then in the September 7 episode, Shiv conveys another mindblowing message to the little girls: He will don the role traditionally played by the woman of the house. Just like the wife of the sarpanch waits on visitors, so too will he as the husband of the sarpanch. I mean this is a milestone in Hindi serials and conveyed so subtly, so cutely. I mean WOW! Just loved Shiv for teaching the little girls a huge lesson in life. And then the men in CH moving into the kitchen to help. Anandi silently absorbing the import of it.

Somehow, the sad thing is, all this was drowned in too much melodrama. Bring Jug by all means. But do you need to have his mug hover over A and S when theyr are in absolutely riveting, meaningful scenes? Where is the need for so much drama?

It is my grouse that BV does well even without drama and yet it unnecessarily tries the twists and turns that make other serials so awful. By now it shd be apparent to BV CVs that these absurd twists do not necessarily raise the trps -- teepri track for instance was a flop. But am afraid they have taken away the message from the sagai episode that love triangle sells. And so they are going to torture us with J's constant presence in between S and A and A crying buckets. Please treat us as mature adults and spare us this childish theatrics. Please CVs, be proud to be the only serial that makes sense and that -- despite going flip flop on its bal vivah message  -- has received critical acclaim while still remaining popular.with the masses.

Meanwhile I dedicate the following to my new friends Lavy and Sardandha. Lavy I laughed and laughed at your kekta spoof in a thread about shiv dying.

So this is for you. I have NOT  written this but i enjoyed it hugely so reproducing it so you can have fun too. After Donisback admonished me -- actually am a novice in these matters. didn't even know one can edit one's post!! -- I have PMed the author.

His name is VISHNUH. If he says I shd not use it, I will take it off. But since  we are all enjoying his post so much, I can't see him objecting. I have not attacked him. Instead am celebrating his wit.
================== 
BALH simplified

The other day my NRI friend was here in India and we were discussing about BALH.He did not know anything about the serial and I was trying to explain it to him as to why I was so keenly following the serial

Me:You see it is a very simple love story'.

Friend(Fr):Oh I see .Tell me about it.

Me: You see it is about two strangers who have an arranged marriage rather late in life and fall in love gradually.

Fr:What is so novel in that?So many couples fall in love after marriageWink

Me:No No you don't understand.The hero is a rich rich business tycoon & the heroine is a feisty middle class woman

Fr:So?

Me:Further the Husband is rather hefty and throws his weight around and they have a compromise marriage till 12th March..

Fr:What do you mean compromise marriage?

Me:I mean that they are not found in compromislng positions as the journalists delicately put itBig smile

Fr:And on the 12thof March they are found in compromising position?

Me:More than that.The whole nation went into a state of convulsion when they discovered them.Some with anger some with pleasure..Embarrassed

Fr:And what about the hero & heroine?

Me:They were completely oblivious to the apoplexy that was happening outside.Lost in their own worldSmile

Fr:Oh!! Now what is the present story line like?

Me: The present story has shifted to Dubai and the heroine has a daughter by her husband & is a single working mother..

Fr:Why ?

Me: Because they are now separated as the husband thinks that his wife is dead and she thinks that he has to move ahead in life as she is a convicted person 'a fugitive from justiceCry

Fr:Oh And do they meet eventually?

Me: Well 'Yes & No

Fr:What do you mean?

Me:I mean they pass each other but not see each other.The husband sees the back of the wife but they do not come face to face..

Fr:Why is that necessary?. Cant he recognize his wife from the backside..

Me: Ha ha I would I would recognize my wife from her shadow'

Fr:And I would smell her even when she is in another room

Me:How come?

Fr:Oh by her perfume.(.Laughs)LOL

Me:Ha Ha You are not supposed to question You know

Fr: Sorry please continue

Me:So you see the situation is like this:Our hero is married again to his wife's sister'

Fr:So the saali is now gharwali and vice versa.Wink

Me:You got it in one.Now the current wife of our hero has a son from the ex brother of our hero who she was not married to in the first place

Fr:I am getting confused..Confused

Me: What is there to be confused about?Our Hero's son is the biological son of his wife and his ex brother.and is his adopted son.

Fr:Does the hero have a biological son from his saali..er I mean his current wife?

Me: No..

Fr: Why?

Me: Because there is no current between his current wife and him if you know what I mean?Tongue

Fr:Why again?

Me: You ask too many whys..You see the current wife does not believe in currents but only in currency which is never short in our hero's houseWink

Fr:Oh I thought he expended all his electricity on the 12th of March..

Me;No No there was no electricity on 12th of march ,only candles 'Ouch

Fr:I don't understand but pray continue ..and I wont interrupt again

Me:That 's well spoken.So now our heroine is going to date and possibly marry the best friend of our hero.And do you know the best friend is being egged on by the husband himself?

Fr:So the heroine will have a good married life and te hero an unhappy one?

Me:No No.The hero has a current brother who has a wife who calls up our hero to say I love you..

Fr:Oh but that is shocking Are you saying that our hero has affections for his ex wife whom he wants to marry off to his best friend.And he has disaffection from his current wife who is the sister of his ex wife.Further he has affections from his current brother's wife?Is there anything further left?

Me:Yes his best friend's wife calls him Darling'

Fr:But that is obvious.His best friend;s wife is his ex wife whom he really loves

Me:No man That is the current best friend. I am talking about his ex best friend's wife..

Fr:Are there 2 best friends?Which one is better and which one is best?Any way at least I hope this best friend is happily married?Embarrassed

Me: No No In this serial either you are happy, or you are married ,never happily married.But yes this couple can be called happily married because they are going to have a happy divorce as the husband has given the divorce papers on his 17th wedding anniversary to his wife and she is happy to receive it

Fr:Happy Divorce?Confused

Me:Yes .And they will be all be celebrating their anniversaries:Marraiage anniversary, Divorce anniversary,Seperation anniversary,Remarriage anniversary.In between there will be a death anniversary of the heroine as well.Clap

Fr: And the heroine is not dead.Will you please tell me in a nut shell about these relationships and anything else if you have forgotten something

Me:Our hero's current wife is our hero's ex wife's sister and she was the fiance of our hero's ex brother and she has a son by him and does not love our hero.In fact our Hero is loved by his ex wife and his current brother's wife and his ex best friend's wifeLOL

Fr:And what about the heroine?

Me:Her ex husband who is now married to her sister was her second love interest after she could not marry her ex fiance because he married her ex best friend.She has a daughter from her ex husband and She will now marry her ex husband's current best friend who in fact has an ex girlfriend who ditched him to marry his ex best friend and he has adopted the daughters of his ex girl friend from his ex best friend'.PhewLOL

Fr:And you call this a simple love story?

Me:Of course what can be more simpler than this? At any given point of time a couple is either in love or separated or divorced or remarried.Only one thing happens at a time.

Fr:And You mean to say people watch this ..Why?

Me:Because of TRps

Fr:What do you mean?

Me:Tears Rating point.. you see the more the heroine cries and the hero sighs more will be the audience viewing

Fr:Oh my God! Even American serials don't have this many linkages and breakages.India is indeed making great progress.They have overtaken the Americans in this aspect'But I have an idea

Me:What idea?

Fr: Let us buy some tissue papers and let us print the hero and heroine's pictures on it.They can be sold at a premium.I am sure there will be a great demand for it.They will sell like hot cakes.Wink

Me:Typical American insensitivity.You want to make money out of us poor emotional Indians?Shocked

Fr:Sorry brother ..No hard feelings..But I thought if we start making money then the makers of this serial will feel jealous and change the track and then all of you will be happy

Me: Oh I did not know that an American can have so much concern.We will go and get the tissue papers and print the pictures on them and make some money in the bargain.I am sure the viewers will oblige for a noble cause

So if anybody of you want to buy the tissues please call on 9420420420

Edited by rohini55 - 07 September 2012 at 1:36am

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

sancheetaSinSinsarandhamansimatsdk10UDEYmmishra1WillbrookelavyChytramichelle281194payalibmManasi_16monamie111Mehek25Blukittenadi2512...Hanna...prerna4rishavtiny15

rohini55 Goldie
rohini55
rohini55

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Sorry in tthat BALH spoof there is a typo. It shd have been I did not write it. It has gone as I have written it. huge mistake.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lavy

Chytra Goldie
Chytra
Chytra

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:27am | IP Logged
My goodness, I had a very hearty laugh reading conversation with your friend. Have wrote large post on this nonsense just now and bingo1 i find your's.

If at all I had a chance to read this first i would have never opened another thread for ranting on the show's crippling plights.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sarandhalavypayalibm

rohini55 Goldie
rohini55
rohini55

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Let me clarify. This is not a conversation  between me and a friend. I found this on BALH site and decided to copy it here so we can have fun. Also to tell BV CVs that we can do without this type of nonsense. So please, I don't want to be hauled up for plagiarism. The spoof is not mine. I just wanted to share it with you guys.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lavypayalibm

adi2512 IF-Sizzlerz
adi2512
adi2512

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:41am | IP Logged
TOO  good Rohini...

Sigh...
A/ways...AUDIENCE can only hope for the best...and CV's...obviously TRP's...LOL

Sincerely hope BV will try and ACHIEVE that fine balance between the ESSENCE OF THE STORY and the TRP's...Smile

lavySiriuslySujalpayalibm

SiriuslySujal IF-Dazzler
SiriuslySujal
SiriuslySujal

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rohini55

Sorry in tthat BALH spoof there is a typo. It shd have been I did not write it. It has gone as I have written it. huge mistake.

Don't fret - just use the Edit button at the bottom of the first post. Problem solved Big smile

Loved the conversation, by the way... a real laugh riot LOL Actually, I don't think there is much melodrama in BV relative to Ekta soaps xD And I don't think it will ever reach that level either. I guess Jags' presence in Jaitsar at the moment is necessary... plus it presents Anandi and Shiv with an obstacle to overcome, and obstacles often bond couples together more strongly Smile So don't lose heart!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

TheM5393sarandhalavypayalibm

poiu123 IF-Dazzler
poiu123
poiu123

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:12am | IP Logged
I have protested by posting my comments on the Colors' website for the show . Was happy to see many others giving a piece of mind to the CVs.
Some crazy ppl are however commenting on Anandi's true love for Jagya and how she can be happy only with him.

sarandhalavytiny15

Don_theEvil IF-Stunnerz
Don_theEvil
Don_theEvil

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:18am | IP Logged

You mention that in your post that your convo part  is belong to blah. But didn't mention name of writer. I think you need to mention that to give writer his credit. Just you copy form blah is not ok.. plus you should mention his name in bold letter and plus need to writers permission to if you can copy his or her stuff or not. Without there permission I still call it plagiarism so either take permission from writer or edit your post.Approve

Edited by DonIsback - 07 September 2012 at 1:21am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lavypayalibmleo4everPiyuu_SRKsurabhi01

Go to top