Downhill thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
simply awesome..loved it...
Sonata24 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

PART 2:

Previously on The Aftermath:                                                   

Anjali's disastrous miscarriage. Revival from the coma revealed that she was in a condition of Fugue. What steps will Arnav now take? 

After hearing what the doctor had to say about his Di's condition, Arnav walked wearily towards the ICU. His family immediately gathered around him and bombarded him with questions.

His eyes searched for only one pair of eyes as he prepared to tell them where the situation stood. He found her standing in the corner, twisting her fingers and staring at him with anxiety. He quickly went over the things the doctor told him, never once letting anyone interrupt him, and never once breaking eye contact with Khushi. God knew she was the only source he could draw energy from.

"So until I decide what to tell Di when she wakes up again, no one will talk. I'll take it from here." Arnav said, and added as an afterthought  "And no one will mention Shyam in front of Di" He stared pointedly at Dadi.

Nani reached over to pat Arnav on the shoulder and said "Don't worry Arnav bitwa, this might just be a blessing. Devi maiyya will never leave Anjali bitiya stranded like this."

"Sausuma is right, Arnav bitwa. We are all there with you. We are all there for Anjali. It'll be okay."

Curiously enough Dadi hadn't uttered a word during the entire time. Arnav looked at her as if to ask her if she had anything to add. Then knowing it would probably be something unworthy of his time, he looked at Akash. Both brothers nodded at each other in mute understanding.

Akash  said "Nani, Dadi, Maa I think it's best you guys go home and rest now. I'll drop you guys now so that you can be back here early tomorrow. Bhai, NK and I will stay here with Di".

Everyone retorted at once. But Akash and NK managed to convince them that going hom now was the only suitable step, and after promising them that they can be back early in the morning, they left.

Akash said "Bhai, I'll drop  Payal Maa, Nani and Dadi home. NK bhai, can you Drop bhuaji and Khushiji?

"Of course I can!" NK said. "I'll meet you guys back here".

Arnav nodded his yes, and turned around to look for Khushi and buaji. They were involved in their own conversation, and buaji was now nodding her head at Khushi, as if in agreement.

NK looked from Arnav to Khushi and back to Arnav, and he knew at once knew what he had to do.

"Nannav, you drop Khushiji and buaji at their place. I'll stay here with Di."

Arnav looked slightly surprised. Before he could say anything, NK added "Go on Nannav. I'll look after Di." He smiled.

"Khushi ji, Nannav will drop you guys home. Take rest so you can come here early tomorrow, yeah?"

Khushi didn't want to go home. She wanted to stay and lend her support to the brother and sister duo she had come to adore so much.

"Arnav ji, I'm staying back, I'm not going."  She'd already obtained permission to stay from buaji, and she knew convincing Arnav would be the biggest task.

To her utter surprise, Arnav nodded. "But you're still coming now. Change into something more comfortable and we'll both get back here."

Khushi obeyed immediately, and the three left. NK smiled affectionately at Khushi. He knew in his heart that no matter what darkness surrounded Nannav, Khushiji would definitely clear it away. As if to confirm his thought, he saw Khushi's left hand reach out to Arnav's right hand, and just like that they were holding hands. Both looking slightly stronger even in their retreating form.

Arnav's thoughts were on Anjali as he drove towards Laxminagar. What was he going to tell her? How would he bring her back to the current situation, without bringing back all those unpleasant memories? Wasn't her mind blocking out those memories only to prevent further trauma? What was the point in raking up the past again?

All he knew is that he would not let the creep enter his sister's life again, whether she had her memory or not. He had to find a way to root him out without putting his sister through that misery.

Before he knew it, they had reached Buaji's house. Funny, he thought, I don't even remember driving till here.

Buaji asked Arnav to come in and have at least a glass of water. She stroked his head and walked into the house.

A damn would break through any minute, Arnav knew it. He had to be alone for a while remove every ounce of sadness in his heart and become his strong self again. He had to do it for his Di. He looked to his side. 

Khushi sat there, motionless and still lost in thought. She was thinking back to the entire godh barai ceremony. Less than 3 hours ago everyone was so happy, and in minutes, everything had changed. Forever, perhaps. A mother was snatched off of her happiness. Fate can be so cruel sometimes. A lone tear trickled down her eye, but it was caught even before it could make its full journey.

Khushi blinked and looked at the hand cupping her cheek, then at the person it belonged to. She held his hand there by supporting it with her own. Arnav then leaned over and kissed her on the forehead, lingering there for just a bit longer. Khushi then got down, went over to Arnav's side of the car. She opened the door and tugged at his hand. He obliged, and followed Khushi into the house.

Once inside their room, she poured him a glass of water. He gulped it down without giving it any thought.

Khushi cupped his cheek and said "Arnavji, I'll be back in a minute. We'll grab a flask of coffee for nanheji, and be on our way, okay?"

Arnav nodded, without looking at her.

Khushi was getting really worried by the passing minute. Arnav was becoming more and more quiet and morose and it scared her to no end. She quickly went in to change.

When she got back she saw Arnav was sitting on the bed with his face hung down, covering it with his palms. He looked like a child who was badly wounded, and all Khushi wanted to do was to hug him real tight. 

She walked over to him and stroked his head softly. When Arnav looked up, she could see tears in his eyes, and her heart broke into a million pieces. How could she ease his pain? She was ready to do anything to just see a flicker of smile on his angelic face.

"Arnav ji...? she said cupping his face "It'll turn out okay! Devi maiyya will make sure of that! We''ll make sure of that! Please don't cry? Please?"

Arnav looked into her concern filled eyes, and then pulled her to him, hugging her tummy. He let the tears flow. He let his sadness out. He hugged her as if that was the only was he could save himself.

Khushi hugged him back with all her strength. Seeing him so vulnerable, it brought her physical pain. Like a stabbing of thousand knives all at once. 

Her only consolation was that he had made her a part of him, now. And she would go through anything to make him whole, new and untarnished again. She vowed to herself and to her Devi Maiyya that would never let any harm befall him, or his family again if she could prevent it.

Hello, Hello you Lovely people. ðŸ˜ƒ How are you all doing?? Here's the next part I've been promising. ðŸ˜† Has it lived up to your expectations?? Please leave a comment and do hit the like button. I will love you forever. 😃 ðŸ˜Š

On a philosophical note, while writing that last portion between Arnav and Khushi, I felt such pain. I mean, can love like Arnav and Khushi's ever be found in real world? Or is it just fiction for us poor souls? We may never know, unless our lives are touched by this elusive mystery called Love. 

Edited by Sonata24 - 11 years ago
jenshad thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
ArHis Pain Makes Me GOOO Teary :( ðŸ¥º
Sonata24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Tintin.

ArHis Pain Makes Me GOOO Teary :( ðŸ¥º

I know what you mean. Broken Heart I felt such sadness while writing it 😭
Sonata24 thumbnail
Hi all! I'll PM once I'm promoted from newbie. Apparently one cannot send PMs unless they are groupbie In the mean while, please do comment, and like the story. 😊 ðŸ˜Š 

-Love,
Sonata24
chavvi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
OH GOD WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN WITH ARHI ONLY
SO SAD NAA WHAT CAN THEY DO TO GET OVER THIS
MAN ITS ALWAYS MORE HEART WRENCHING TO SEE ARNIE CRY LIKE THAT MAN
CAN THERE BE A SOLUTION TO ALL THEIR PROBLEMS AND GETTING RID OF CREEP AT THE SAME TIME
Sonata24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: chavvi16

OH GOD WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN WITH ARHI ONLY
SO SAD NAA WHAT CAN THEY DO TO GET OVER THIS
MAN ITS ALWAYS MORE HEART WRENCHING TO SEE ARNIE CRY LIKE THAT MAN
CAN THERE BE A SOLUTION TO ALL THEIR PROBLEMS AND GETTING RID OF CREEP AT THE SAME TIME

I know... I'm like... Just cart them off to some beatiful place where none of the pain/harm would ever touch them. 😭 
Priya_990 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very nice update dear.waiting for the next one.
kriti_atharv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
oh wow awsuuum update but poor arnav...the guy is completely broken...simply fabulous n thnx 4da pm dear...
Sonata24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -kitzdoll-

oh wow awsuuum update but poor arnav...the guy is completely broken...simply fabulous n thnx 4da pm dear...

Thanks dearie!!!!!! ðŸ˜ƒ and it was my pleasure. ðŸ˜Š