Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

meenu.shaan Groupbie
meenu.shaan
meenu.shaan

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:06am | IP Logged

Frstly thank you Rima for initiating such a drive IPK suppose to be a star crossed loved story and not about a sibling relationship which is very obviously focused on the recent trackwhich is not acceptable... i started watching IPKKND only from this Jan while randomly switching the channels and immediately subscribed for the channel just to watch IPKKND and being not able to speak a single hindi word our entire family got hooked to this programme. Its quite disheartening to see the current track.. would appreciate if the following would also be taken into consideration apart from those that is mentioned by the initiator Rima and the fellow members:-

1. Khushi deserves more respect as a wife of Arnav who is the pillar of strength to the Raizada family and also being eldest DIL of the Raizadas.
2. Mamiji to stop calling both Khushi & Payal as Phati Saree & Khoon Pari Tang respectively i think they deserve some respect here so what if they are not coming from the so called high flyers family. Arnav & Akash must take a firm stand on this as felt theirwives deserve much more better way of addressing them then this.
3. Arshi Wedding - since their wedding is not recognized or rather accepted due to their incompletion of the rituals, ok fine but they deserve a proper wedding NO COMPROMISING on the account of Anji's miscarriage.
4. Shyam & Anji - Oh common CV what is happening here - how can one be so blind and deaf towards the misgivings of the husband. she is educated who is in able mind to think and analyze by putting the facts in place.. she is not living in the age of where woman are deprived of speaking their thoughts and making a decision.
5. Shyam's True self - The truth about him lusting over Khushi should be surfaced ASAP.It would be a highlight if it is witnessed by Anjili and Daadi. Redemption.  He should never come near Khushi and DEFINITELY NO TOUCHING should he allowed to stay in Shantivan.No more misunderstanding between Arshi on account of Shyam.
6.  Daadi - must stop her discriminting attitude towards the domestic helpers, they are also human beings and stop behaving as if they are suffering from some terminal disease.
7. Anji Drama - please stop the ultra focus on Anjili which is really frustrating and focus on the initial IPKKND tagline
8. Cast Costume - PLEASE CHANGE THE WARDROBE  of the cast, Arnav is India's No. 1  businessman but he is been wearing the same set of clothes for the last 1 year and not to mention the shoes. Likewise consider a change for Khushi, Akash, Payal, Buaji, Naniji and Garimaji too. Its really an eye sore to see the cast in the same clothes for last 15 months.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Atj_711ChimpsyabracadabraOmNaMaSteOmrima

OmNaMaSteOm IF-Sizzlerz
OmNaMaSteOm
OmNaMaSteOm

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:08am | IP Logged
rima send it now though i havent watched the epi (aisa paap kon karega ji)
i know what has happened from the live updates please send it now

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyAfyathechaigirlCetroniaAkanksha-abracadabraLIKEDMGILTHBEBvandana.sagarrima

vandana.sagar IF-Stunnerz
vandana.sagar
vandana.sagar

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:12am | IP Logged
Today's episode was the worst ever...Shaym and anjali thats all we saw... First anjali with Shyam and the traitor nurse...then all fussing over anjali eating...then khushi sees Shyam and decides to keep quiet...has this not telling people esp arnav abt Shyam in the past not caused enough problems...I understand then she could not confide in him but now she has no reason not to tell him...why is she being stupid! .? 

Hated it today...please do something!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

PlovesArshiSaraJLChimpsysubha_rath2004AfyaOmNaMaSteOmrima

LIKEDMG IF-Sizzlerz
LIKEDMG
LIKEDMG

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Harshitha

rima send it now though i havent watched the epi (aisa paap kon karega ji)
i know what has happened from the live updates please send it now

Today's episode seem more scary to watch...DI's bhoot all in all...Dead

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyAfyaCetroniaprabbsOmNaMaSteOmrima

herebedragons Senior Member
herebedragons
herebedragons

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sumeeta

Dear Rima...

Hello!!!

Sorry for typing in BOLD and red...
Its b'coz I see 504 likes for your post and more than 54 pages..which I think is really crazy...

Guys I have only one request to make... Let the CVs say their story..we have as yet liked they have been giving us...U can't expect any author to ask all of us first(each with a different demand and request for story) and then write their version...

Also, every story has a beginning , a middle, a climax and a proper end...Before February teh conditions were such that Khushi's character was required to be bubbly...the story/characters and situations can't remain the same..if it does its not moving further and I'm damn sure that u will have a greater number of complaints in such a situation...

The story is moving further...so sweeties SIT BACK & ENJOY THE SHOW...

The CVs are human beings like us and I'm sure such kind of posts deflates their motivation too...be appreciative and supportive ...I'm surprised so many of you have these demands...

Plz spare me the tomatoes...Smile  

Hi Sumeeta,

I think you make a perfectly valid point. I'd made a post a couple of days ago titled 'CVs, why I think IPKKND is not what it used to be'. It was my attempt at clarifying to the CVs (and myself) what I meant when I kept thinking or saying, "IPKKND has changed". A whole lot of the content of the comments I've posted on this thread are sourced from that post as I spent a lot of time trying to clearly put down in words what I honestly felt. Somewhere towards the end of writing that post, I had a moment where I thought of myself in the CVs shoes, and I felt more than a twinge of sympathy. You're right, after all they're only human and such a backlash can deflate ones motivation if it is perceived as being nothing but criticism for ones hard work and efforts (or even as an attempt to 'control' ones work). It's what prompted me to write the following and I'm quoting it here 'cos it's what your post made me recall:

Originally posted by herebedragons

IN CONCLUSION:
The key I think is balance, execution and attention to detail. At it's most magical, IPKKND had a good mix of characters, drama, humor, romance, suspense etc., all of which was beautifully executed.

I don't mean that every episode since the forced marriage is bad. We've had more than a few great scenes and episodes since, but overall there's a sense of something gone awry, and that's what I'm hoping you can fix.

These are just my views and an attempt by me to understand what I mean when I say I miss the 'old IPKKND'. I'm sure it's frustrating for you guys to hear this so often (If I were in your shoes it'd have driven me crazy by now. And being from what you'd consider a creative field by profession, trust me when I say I can well imagine the kind of hard work, dedication and creativity it must take on a daily basis to put out 5 episodes a week).

Yes, at the end of the day, it's just a 'Hindi serial'. Believe you me, I'm the most forgiving viewer when it comes to movies and soaps, in that I always try to think from the point of view of the director and story teller. But you set such a high standard for yourselves the first year, that I can't help but nit pick on all these points now when I feel like there's been a drop in standards. After being witness to that, it just hurts to settle for anything less. (I think this, more than anything else, is honestly the root of my frustration with regard to the current state of IPKKND.)

I get that ultimately it's your story (And I for one would not want to read a book wherein I could just get in touch with the writer and get the parts that I didn't like changed as and when I felt like it. Where's the fun in that?) But like one forum member put it, at least be true to your characters and story and vision and execute it so perfectly that I buy into it too (For example, I think I would have been more OK with Friday's episode and been more able to empathize with Anjali if I'd connected with a pregnant Anjali from the beginning, if I'd seen her pregnancy progressing in a sensible fashion, seen her need to be a mom grow over time, seen a meaningful bond developing between her and her unborn child consistently growing over time etc. as opposed to all this just being literally conveyed in one or two scenes).

And even if you have to make allowances for TRPs or viewer feedback (and I'll be honest I hope you do consider viewer feedback in some cases), isn't there a way to do it so that it doesn't compromise your overall vision and at the same time keeps both the makers and the viewers happy? It may be not be easy, but surely it's not impossible?

Also, like I've mentioned/commented twice earlier,

Originally posted by herebedragons

On one hand, I'm also slightly uncomfortable telling the CVs exactly what to write and do...it's like telling an author to write a book exactly as per my specifications as to the story...which you know, could go either way. I may love it or hate it.

But on the other hand, if the CVs get to know exactly what the viewers want to see, and if they can somehow incorporate that into their overall vision and make it work via good execution, then why not? Surely that'd be a win-win situation?

Ultimately, we all want to enjoy our favorite show again. Something's gone awry and I just hope this inititative by Rima (Kudos!) can somehow lead to a) the CVs and the PH at least trying to understand the situation from the viewers POV and b) doing something to set things right!

Cheers.

Edited by herebedragons - 07 September 2012 at 9:23am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sumeetaChimpsyOmNaMaSteOm

ipkknd-fan IF-Dazzler
ipkknd-fan
ipkknd-fan

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Count me in I couldnt agree more with u :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyabracadabraOmNaMaSteOm

SaraJL Goldie
SaraJL
SaraJL

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:19am | IP Logged
That's it!
Can I like your post twice???
Horrible episode!Angry
They killed KhushiCryCry
I don't know much about Ekta Kapoor's drama, honestly, I don't even need to watch to guess what Rubbish she must be showingDead after today's episode. What have they done to Khushi?Anjali, Shyam and gm wasn't enough that they added Nurse?

My other demand!

To Sack this Ekta Kapoor WriterAngry

Cry

Edited by SaraJL - 07 September 2012 at 9:20am

ChimpsyAfyasubha_rath2004abracadabraOmNaMaSteOmvandana.sagar

Afya IF-Dazzler
Afya
Afya

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Loosing all hope of resurrection of the show. What the!Angry

Is this Shyam - Anjali's love story?  Awful episode. And as usual, they ridicule Khushi's intelligence. One moment she is wise, while another they show her to be dumb as anyone else. Really ridiculous! 

And Arnav who organised security in his house to keep Shyam away continues to fail miserably??? Do the writers even understand the characters they started with? They have butchered them along the way.

Edited by aath - 07 September 2012 at 9:21am

ChimpsySaraJLsubha_rath2004abracadabraOmNaMaSteOmvandana.sagar

Go to top