Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

pinky89 IF-Sizzlerz
pinky89
pinky89

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:41am | IP Logged
Count me in !! Agree with u ...We really want our old IPK back...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyCetroniavijji12StormChaserabracadabraOmNaMaSteOmrima

silvia1999 IF-Sizzlerz
silvia1999
silvia1999

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:42am | IP Logged

count me

i want all this to happen

good postClapClap

ChimpsyCetroniavijji12StormChaserabracadabraOmNaMaSteOmrima

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:42am | IP Logged
@harshu without sticky we have good response because we are all on the same boar: the boat of utter frustration

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyCetroniavijji12StormChaserabracadabraOmNaMaSteOm

Tamannaus Goldie
Tamannaus
Tamannaus

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Please count me in. I just don't want show to be stopped. I also like to have original writers. Thanks for the effort.Clap

ChimpsyStormChaservijji12abracadabraOmNaMaSteOmOnepoundChicrima

Krani IF-Dazzler
Krani
Krani

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rima

@SmileAway
state what you disagree with
that is not an issue

Can I add one to the list?

Edited by Krani - 07 September 2012 at 7:47am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyCetroniaStormChaserOmNaMaSteOmrima

herebedragons Senior Member
herebedragons
herebedragons

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Myura

Dont control the writers! Becoz if we want more arshi and then ready for other actors to leave the show! Becoz if they have less screen space ! Then they will leave the show!!!Our supporting actors r the best!!! Becoz they are good actors they are highly demanding also! Deepali aka payal already left the show!!! If you want only arshi then plan for something like 'castaway' movie!!! Becoz nobody is going to stay!!! They need a story to convince the family viewers!!! So dont try to control the writers!!!

To the above, I say this:

Originally posted by herebedragons

4. Better use of the cast.

• Before, it never really occurred to me to deliberately think of or mentally separate the cast members into leads and supporting actors 'cos while I got a lot of Arnav and Khushi, I also got their characters interacting with the other characters in a way that  helped me understand them or the other character better, or understand the story or plot better (This particular cast shares a good chemistry that's certainly a joy to watch on screen.)
  • These days though, I feel more of a disconnect in this aspect...like certain characters are just there to be used for certain purposes. Like Nani is used for a specific purpose, Mami for another, NK is thrown in when some light-hearted moments are required etc. Earlier, it felt more like I was watching the interactions of an entire joint family as a whole. (Maybe it's just me?)
  • I miss the lesser and more unusual cast members!
I miss Lakshmi! Loved how she was used to add to Nani's character (kinda reminded me of Nani's roots) and how she was used as a sounding board for Khushi voicing her inner-most thoughts (When she couldn't talk to anyone else in RM, she could talk to Lakshmi). Plus, as an animal lover, the very fact that this family had a pet goat just made me like them more! Lakshmi was such an integral part of the family and a useful plot aid to boot. There have been quite a few memorable scenes between Nani and Lakshmi, Mami and Lakshmi, Khushi and her 'Lakshmiji', Lavanya and Lakshmi!

And this just occurred to me yesterday, but the plants! Like in the case of Nani and Lakshmi, I loved how earlier, the plants were used to help portray ASR's character and reactions (When he's angry or sad he retreats to his plants and sometimes takes it out on them, when he's lost in thought he's over-watering them etc). Many a memorable scene has the plants playing an integral role!

Anyone remember the last time we had a scene with Arnav that meaningfully involved the plants as a prop? And I don't mean the CV's ought to dedicate entire scenes to him watering the plants! (That's a bit like saying "I like 'Rabba Ve' moments, so give me at least one 'Rabba Ve' in every episode with A & K gazing soulfully into each others eyes irrespective of plot or story". Nahiii!) But why not use them as intelligently as before? I loved that about the IPKKND that was. I love the uniqueness of having a young male protagonist in a hindi soap with a green thumb! It's one of those details that for me, makes ASR endearing and IPKKND different from your run-of-the-mill soaps.

In the earlier episodes, even RM felt like it was a part of the cast, what with the good use of the different areas. Sure scenes are shot in different areas now as well, but something's off. There doesn't seem to be as good a use of the house as before. Also, how often did you have people noticing and pointing out things like illogical positions of stairs and entrances in certain scenes before?
  • Sure, as an audience, we want to see more of Arhi. Personally, the more I see the story from the point of view of these two characters (What they're thinking and feeling, how events affect them, how they interact with other characters and each other), the more I'm going to enjoy the show 'cos honestly it's them that make IPKKND work for me. Overall we'd like the focus to be on these two characters 'cos at the end of the day, it's them we're most interested in, but that doesn't mean we're saying we want IPKKND to be a cast of two! 
I think when the majority of us say we want 'Rabba Ve's' or that we want more 'Arshi', what we probably mean is that we want to see more meaningful interactions between the lead characters and/or more meaningful storylines and tracks revolving around them. 'Cos let's face it, they and their romance are a treat to watch and there is no denying that it is the USP of the show. In fact,  it's why most of us watch the show in the first place (Can you blame us?! This however, does not mean we want  20 minutes of 'Rabba Ve's' or 20 minutes of nothing but Arnav and Khushi on screen!!!).

As for the 'controlling' the writers bit (Ah, if only they were at our disposal to control, eh? Big smile), I've already said this:

Just butting in to comment on this, 'cos in a way I get what Krani means. It's kinda why I added the following as a 'PS' to my original comment on Pg 24:

PS: Also, CVs, I get that ultimately it's your story (And I for one would not want to read a book wherein I could just get in touch with the writer and get the parts that I didn't like changed as and when I felt like it. Where's the fun in that?) but like one forum member put it, at least be true to your characters and story and vision and execute it so perfectly that I buy into it too.

(For example, I think I would have been more OK with Friday's episode and been more able to empathize with Anjali if I'd connected with a pregnant Anjali from the beginning, if I'd seen her pregnancy progressing in a sensible fashion, seen her need to be a mom grow over time, seen a meaningful bond developing between her and her unborn child consistently growing over time etc. as opposed to all this just being literally conveyed in one or two scenes. However,
as a viewer, may I also say that the character Anjali post-kidnapping is personally just not working for me? No one can deny she's an integral character but considering all that she's been through, why is it that she's had practically no growth since the start of this soap? There's only so much of her being a victim that I can take. It was easy to like her before but with the changes in character and her storyline, I find it hard to sympathize or empathize with her anymore.)

And even if you have to make allowances for TRPs or viewer feedback (and I'll be honest I hope you do consider viewer feedback in some cases), isn't there a way to do it so that it doesn't compromise your overall vision and at the same time keeps both the makers and the viewers happy? It may be not be easy, but surely it's not impossible?

On one hand, I'm also slightly uncomfortable telling the CVs exactly what to write and do...it's like telling an author to write a book exactly as per my specifications as to the story...which you know, could go either way. I may love it or hate it.

But on the other hand,
if the CVs get to know exactly what the viewers want to see, and if they can somehow incorporate that into their overall vision and make it work via good execution, then why not? Surely that'd be a win-win situation?

Ultimately, we all want to enjoy our favorite show again. Something's gone awry and I just hope this inititative by Rima (Kudos!) can somehow lead to a) the CVs and the PH at least trying to understand the situation from the viewers POV and b) doing something to set things right!

(Sorry, but I really don't get the whole "Why you ONLY want 'Rabba Ves'?!!!" thing. We really don't. I really don't.)

Edited by herebedragons - 07 September 2012 at 10:30am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

kitty25ChimpsyKraniCetroniaarshi21prabbsStormChaserabracadabraOnepoundChicOmNaMaSteOmrima

OnepoundChic IF-Sizzlerz
OnepoundChic
OnepoundChic

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:49am | IP Logged
keep commenting in this thread  guys so that it remains in eyes pf all! 

Edited by ainimonaya - 07 September 2012 at 7:50am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyCetroniaStormChaserabracadabra-DKS-OmNaMaSteOm

Targaryen IF-Sizzlerz
Targaryen
Targaryen

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:50am | IP Logged
I am in Approve 

I'm in a hurry! So will read through the whole thread later in the night :/

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyCetroniaStormChaser-DKS-OmNaMaSteOm

Go to top