Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

-sanika- IF-Rockerz
-sanika-
-sanika-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Actually, Instead of a long list , just say:

Dear Creatives,

If we wanted to watch Ekta Kapoor type saas-bahu serials, we have a lot of choices! Please, do not take this extra effort to make IPK into one.

Thank you,
Much Harassed Fans! 

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

craziefanKairiPRareAngelChimpsyAfyavijji12prabbsStormChaserAkanksha-abracadabraOmNaMaSteOmOnepoundChicrima

-Delena- Senior Member
-Delena-
-Delena-

Count me in im with u
This change is a must

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

lylowChimpsyRareAngelabracadabraStormChaserAkanksha-OnepoundChicOmNaMaSteOmrima

chavvi16 IF-Stunnerz
chavvi16
chavvi16

WELL HERE IS TO HOPING IT DOES WORK OUT
BECAUSE IF IT DOES I CAN START WATCHING THE SHOW AGAIN WHICH I HAD STOPPED SINCE THEIR SIX MONTH MARRIAGE STARTED

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

KairiPRareAngellylowChimpsyAfyaabracadabraStormChaservijji12Akanksha-OnepoundChicOmNaMaSteOmrima

shaz2009 IF-Stunnerz
shaz2009
shaz2009

Word to everything you've said Rima,count me in too.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyRareAngelabracadabraAkanksha-StormChaserOnepoundChicOmNaMaSteOmrima

luvusanaya Groupbie
luvusanaya
luvusanaya

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:14am | IP Logged
I WISH CVS COULD READ IT AND REACT TO THIS POST .. or else they will loose all fans.. i have stopped watching this show now.. and i miss gud old ipkknd...Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

KairiPChimpsyAfyaStormChaserabracadabraAkanksha-OnepoundChicOmNaMaSteOmrima

herebedragons Senior Member
herebedragons
herebedragons

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Krani

Originally posted by Harshitha

Originally posted by Krani

I understand and applaud what you are doing Rima, and I want the show back too.

However your recent, edited demands (imo) seemed more on how the storyline should progress, rather than just telling the CVs, that you are not liking a current aspect of the present track. 

I am strongly against telling the creatives/writers/anyone on how they should write or present their work. 

I will support you for scrapping the Anjali track, because, yes it is pretty silly how they are approaching this. 

But unfortunately, I cannot support the new demands. Sorry :)

i do not agree with your comment i am sorry

Don't apologise. Everyone is entitled to their own interpretation and opinion. And i presented mine, while you presented yours. 

I wasn't sorry for my opinion either, I was just apologising to Rima for not being able to support her completely. :)

Just butting in to comment on this, 'cos in a way I get what Krani means. It's kinda why I added the following as a 'PS' to my original comment on Pg 24:

Originally posted by herebedragons

PS: Also, CVs, I get that ultimately it's your story (And I for one would not want to read a book wherein I could just get in touch with the writer and get the parts that I didn't like changed as and when I felt like it. Where's the fun in that?) but like one forum member put it, at least be true to your characters and story and vision and execute it so perfectly that I buy into it too.

(For example, I think I would have been more OK with Friday's episode and been more able to empathize with Anjali if I'd connected with a pregnant Anjali from the beginning, if I'd seen her pregnancy progressing in a sensible fashion, seen her need to be a mom grow over time, seen a meaningful bond developing between her and her unborn child consistently growing over time etc. as opposed to all this just being literally conveyed in one or two scenes. However,
as a viewer, may I also say that the character Anjali post-kidnapping is personally just not working for me? No one can deny she's an integral character but considering all that she's been through, why is it that she's had practically no growth since the start of this soap? There's only so much of her being a victim that I can take. It was easy to like her before but with the changes in character and her storyline, I find it hard to sympathize or empathize with her anymore.)

And even if you have to make allowances for TRPs or viewer feedback (and I'll be honest I hope you do consider viewer feedback in some cases), isn't there a way to do it so that it doesn't compromise your overall vision and at the same time keeps both the makers and the viewers happy? It may be not be easy, but surely it's not impossible?

On one hand, I'm also slightly uncomfortable telling the CVs exactly what to write and do...it's like telling an author to write a book exactly as per my specifications as to the story...which you know, could go either way. I may love it or hate it.

But on the other hand, if the CVs get to know exactly what the viewers want to see, and if they can somehow incorporate that into their overall vision and make it work via good execution, then why not? Surely that'd be a win-win situation?

Ultimately, we all want to enjoy our favorite show again. Something's gone awry and I just hope this inititative by Rima (Kudos!) can somehow lead to a) the CVs and the PH at least trying to understand the situation from the viewers POV and b) doing something to set things right!

Edited by herebedragons - 07 September 2012 at 7:20am

lylowChimpsyRareAngelAfyaKraniabracadabraOnepoundChicrima

shaze222 Newbie
shaze222
shaze222

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Definitely need changes

ChimpsyRareAngelvijji12Akanksha-abracadabraStormChaserOmNaMaSteOmrima

shraddhad Groupbie
shraddhad