Originally posted by Maverick29

Originally posted by rima

I am overwhelmed with the comments and the show of solidarity

As the famous president said 'Yes we can'

Will wait till today evening to send it to a number of people and sites

I have to thank my friends for giving me links to a few more key people

Thanks to all the buddies too who are adding their likes to show support

Ths is FAN POWER and FREIENDSHIP POWER

Traffic on the forum is a bit down so the 1000 likes may take time.  But it is worth the wait to cross 500 likes -- you have had that before when you were trying to spread "positivity" in the middle of the crap they were showing.  Those posts usually were about Khushi and her love for Arnav.

So, this should get to the 500 or so likes!  If that helps your mission!  It is "our mission" but in reality, I am a bit skeptical about the brain power of the PH and CVs.  They may not see the importance of this.

But, if I am proven wrong, I will be a very happy guy!

Cheers.

yes i know it is slow

may be 500 will do

Umeed pe duniya kayam hai maverick

someone is bound to take notice

I have at least 10 key people in list whom i will be sending it to

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyBonhi_ipkkndMaverick29Cetronialazylad8-FauZiabracadabraNi1234gatheringstormGodhuliLogonKookiemonsterOmNaMaSteOmFazila~vandana.sagar

RickyBahl IF-Dazzler
RickyBahl
RickyBahl

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:25am | IP Logged
Guys gather more TM's for likes

If ppl can give LIKES to a  third class fake riddles 
why not to this good post

ThIs post is not manipulating ppl with wrong info 
neither this post is demanding appreciation for the TM like...!!

THis  post is demanding  just for our fav show/

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyBonhi_ipkkndMaverick29Cetronialazylad8-FauZiabracadabraNi1234KookiemonsterGodhuliLogonOmNaMaSteOmFazila~rima

herebedragons Senior Member
herebedragons
herebedragons

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:25am | IP Logged
Bravo!

I want the following:

1. Not have characters disappear without any sort of explanation (trivial or otherwise). Example: Mamaji, Lakshmi.
Recently we've had characters disappear without rime or reason, the prime examples being Mamaji and Lakshmi. I get that there are many things the CVs and PH can't control (maybe an actor decides to leave, maybe they have budget issues and so feel like maybe a lesser character could be done without) but would it hurt to add some kind of closure to the character in the soap? One line/ one remark by another character with an explanation for the disappearance? They tried doing this for NK I think when enough people started commenting on his sudden appearance and disappearances by having Nani and Anjali quite literally ask him where he keeps disappearing to at a moments notice! Big smile Why not do the same for Mamaji and Lakshmi? 

2. Proper closure to tracks. Example: The kidnapping track.

• CVs, I get that the kidnapping track was forced upon you due to unforeseen circumstances, but since you managed to pull it off (Albeit with a lot of loopholes. Kudos, for that BTW, can't have been easy), would it have hurt to give us some closure? Just one scene where the family members ask Arnav if he's OK and what he'd been through would have sufficed. He could have even brushed them off saying he didn't want to talk about it or take it any further, for all I care (his logic being that the sooner they put it behind them the better for Di)...but see what I mean?
  • Another example of the inconsistencies and lack of closure in tracks and sub-tracks...we have a period when there's a focus on Mami almost attempting to sabotage Payal and Aakash's relationship and then suddenly that's forgotten when focus shifts elsewhere. There's a sub-track (I say sub-track 'cos for me the main track will always be Arhi...and I don't mean just Rabba Ve's between Arhi! Confused) attempted with Aakash and Payal and then BAM! - long stretches when we hardly see them. Am I making sense? Sure, different sub-tracks mean focus on different cast members at different points of time but does a shift in track need to be quite so jarring? By virtue of being a daily soap, isn't there more time to make sure one track flows seamlessly into another while still ensuring that the bigger story keeps moving forward?
  • (Unless you're saying that all the open tracks have been left open for a reason and they're all going to make remarkable sense at a later date, in which case...well, the mind simply boggles! Shocked).

3. Not have loose-ends strewn all over the script and story (Example: Anjali's injured feet and electrocution going virtually unmentioned post the miscarriage/baby murder incident). (Do credit the viewers with some amount of intelligence!)

4. Better use of the cast.

• Before, it never really occurred to me to deliberately think of or mentally separate the cast members into leads and supporting actors 'cos while I got a lot of Arnav and Khushi, I also got their characters interacting with the other characters in a way that  helped me understand them or the other character better, or understand the story or plot better (This particular cast shares a good chemistry that's certainly a joy to watch on screen.)
  • These days though, I feel more of a disconnect in this aspect...like certain characters are just there to be used for certain purposes. Like Nani is used for a specific purpose, Mami for another, NK is thrown in when some light-hearted moments are required etc. Earlier, it felt more like I was watching the interactions of an entire joint family as a whole. (Maybe it's just me?)
  • I miss the lesser and more unusual cast members!
I miss Lakshmi! Loved how she was used to add to Nani's character (kinda reminded me of Nani's roots) and how she was used as a sounding board for Khushi voicing her inner-most thoughts (When she couldn't talk to anyone else in RM, she could talk to Lakshmi). Plus, as an animal lover, the very fact that this family had a pet goat just made me like them more! Lakshmi was such an integral part of the family and a useful plot aid to boot. There have been quite a few memorable scenes between Nani and Lakshmi, Mami and Lakshmi, Khushi and her 'Lakshmiji', Lavanya and Lakshmi!

And this just occurred to me yesterday, but the plants! Like in the case of Nani and Lakshmi, I loved how earlier, the plants were used to help portray ASR's character and reactions (When he's angry or sad he retreats to his plants and sometimes takes it out on them, when he's lost in thought he's over-watering them etc). Many a memorable scene has the plants playing an integral role!

Anyone remember the last time we had a scene with Arnav that meaningfully involved the plants as a prop? And I don't mean the CV's ought to dedicate entire scenes to him watering the plants! (That's a bit like saying "I like 'Rabba Ve' moments, so give me at least one 'Rabba Ve' in every episode with A & K gazing soulfully into each others eyes irrespective of plot or story". Nahiii!) But why not use them as intelligently as before? I loved that about the IPKKND that was. I love the uniqueness of having a young male protagonist in a hindi soap with a green thumb! It's one of those details that for me, makes ASR endearing and IPKKND different from your run-of-the-mill soaps.

In the earlier episodes, even RM felt like it was a part of the cast, what with the good use of the different areas. Sure scenes are shot in different areas now as well, but something's off. There doesn't seem to be as good a use of the house as before. Also, how often did you have people noticing and pointing out things like illogical positions of stairs and entrances in certain scenes before?
  • Sure, as an audience, we want to see more of Arhi. Personally, the more I see the story from the point of view of these two characters (What they're thinking and feeling, how events affect them, how they interact with other characters and each other), the more I'm going to enjoy the show 'cos honestly it's them that make IPKKND work for me. Overall we'd like the focus to be on these two characters 'cos at the end of the day, it's them we're most interested in, but that doesn't mean we're saying we want IPKKND to be a cast of two!

4. CVs staying honest to the characters that were introduced to us in the beginning, with any change/growth in character being somewhat logical!
  • There are inconsistencies in sticking to the crux of a character. One that stands out - as quite a few people in the forum have mentioned - ASR is supposed to be this shrewd, intelligent, ruthless go-getter. Why hasn't he kept tabs on Shyam? Why didn't he take more measures to ensure he stays out of their lives? Why is he so lax about security at RM? Plus for someone who makes sure to get back on people who mess with him, even if I put aside Shyam for a moment, you're saying ASR being ASR didn't want to go out of his way to make sure Lallan and gang end up behind bars? I mean, they physically beat him up! They kidnapped the mighty ASR! They hurt Khushi! Sure he got immediate revenge by beating them up but it's glaringly out of character for him to NOT want to make sure something like that never happens again or more to the point to make sure no one gets the better of him like that ever again.
  • Like most others, I also miss the old Khushi.

5. The 
balance, execution, attention to detail and finesse across the board that was most evident in the pre-forced-marriage era.
At it's most magical, IPKKND had a good mix of characters, drama, humor, romance, suspense etc., all of which was beautifully executed.

Yes, at the end of the day, it's just a 'Hindi serial'. But IPKKND set such a high standard for itself the first year, that I can't help but nit pick on all these points now when I feel like there's been a drop in standards. After being witness to that, it just hurts to settle for anything less. (I think this, more than anything else, is honestly the root of my frustration with regard to the current state of IPKKND.)

Yes, I definitely want the 'old IPKKND' back!

PS: Also, CVs, I get that ultimately it's your story (And I for one would not want to read a book wherein I could just get in touch with the writer and get the parts that I didn't like changed as and when I felt like it. Where's the fun in that?) but like one forum member put it, at least be true to your characters and story and vision and execute it so perfectly that I buy into it too. 

(For example, I think I would have been more OK with Friday's episode and been more able to empathize with Anjali if I'd connected with a pregnant Anjali from the beginning, if I'd seen her pregnancy progressing in a sensible fashion, seen her need to be a mom grow over time, seen a meaningful bond developing between her and her unborn child consistently growing over time etc. as opposed to all this just being literally conveyed in one or two scenes. However,
 as a viewer, may I also say that the character Anjali post-kidnapping is personally just not working for me? No one can deny she's an integral character but considering all that she's been through, why is it that she's had practically no growth since the start of this soap? There's only so much of her being a victim that I can take. It was easy to like her before but with the changes in character and her storyline, I find it hard to sympathize or empathize with her anymore.)

And even if you have to make allowances for TRPs or viewer feedback (and I'll be honest I hope you do consider viewer feedback in some cases), isn't there a way to do it so that it doesn't compromise your overall vision and at the same time keeps both the makers and the viewers happy? It may be not be easy, but surely it's not impossible?

EDIT: Am adding some of the comments I've made elsewhere on this thread below regarding certain issues raised, so all my views are in one place.
  • Regarding wanting only Arnav and Khushi on the screen at the cost of the other characters, or wanting only 'Rabba Ves':
  • Everything I said under the point 'Better use of the cast' in the post above and
  • I think when the majority of us say we want 'Rabba Ve's' or that we want more 'Arshi', what we probably mean is that we want to see more meaningful interactions between the lead characters and/or more meaningful storylines and tracks revolving around them. 'Cos let's face it, they and their romance are a treat to watch and there is no denying that it is the USP of the show. In fact,  it's why most of us watch the show in the first place (Can you blame us?! This however, does not mean we want  20 minutes of 'Rabba Ve's' or 20 minutes of nothing but Arnav and Khushi on screen!!!).
  • Sorry, but I really don't get the whole "Why you ONLY want 'Rabba Ves'?!!!" thing. We really don't. I really don't.
  • Regarding a) the issue of 'controlling' the CVs, or telling them exactly what to write, b) the fact that the CVs are only human, that such a backlash could demotivate and dishearten them, and c) the possibility that via the current track they may actually be trying to give us what we ultimately want i.e. a love-hate story between the leads:
Originally posted by Sumeeta: 
Dear Rima...
Hello!!!
Sorry for typing in BOLD and red...
Its b'coz I see 504 likes for your post and more than 54 pages..which I think is really crazy...
Guys I have only one request to make... Let the CVs say their story..we have as yet liked they have been giving us...U can't expect any author to ask all of us first(each with a different demand and request for story) and then write their version...
Also, every story has a beginning , a middle, a climax and a proper end...Before February teh conditions were such that Khushi's character was required to be bubbly...the story/characters and situations can't remain the same..if it does its not moving further and I'm damn sure that u will have a greater number of complaints in such a situation...
The story is moving further...so sweeties SIT BACK & ENJOY THE SHOW.. 
The CVs are human beings like us and I'm sure such kind of posts deflates their motivation too...be appreciative and supportive ...I'm surprised so many of you have these demands...
Plz spare me the tomatoes...Smile  

My response:
Hi Sumeeta,
I think you make a perfectly valid point. I'd made a post a couple of days ago titled 'CVs, why I think IPKKND is not what it used to be'. It was my attempt at clarifying to the CVs (and myself) what I meant when I kept thinking or saying, "IPKKND has changed". A whole lot of the content of the comments I've posted on this thread are sourced from that post as I spent a lot of time trying to clearly put down in words what I honestly felt. Somewhere towards the end of writing that post, I had a moment where I thought of myself in the CVs shoes, and I felt more than a twinge of sympathy. You're right, after all they're only human and such a backlash can deflate ones motivation if it is perceived as being nothing but criticism for ones hard work and efforts (or even as an attempt to 'control' ones work). It's what prompted me to write the following and I'm quoting it here 'cos it's what your post made me recall:
IN CONCLUSION:
The key I think is balance, execution and attention to detail. At it's most magical, IPKKND had a good mix of characters, drama, humor, romance, suspense etc., all of which was beautifully executed.
I don't mean that every episode since the forced marriage is bad. We've had more than a few great scenes and episodes since, but overall there's a sense of something gone awry, and that's what I'm hoping you can fix.
These are just my views and an attempt by me to understand what I mean when I say I miss the 'old IPKKND'. I'm sure it's frustrating for you guys to hear this so often (If I were in your shoes it'd have driven me crazy by now. And being from what you'd consider a creative field by profession, trust me when I say I can well imagine the kind of hard work, dedication and creativity it must take on a daily basis to put out 5 episodes a week). 
Yes, at the end of the day, it's just a 'Hindi serial'. Believe you me, I'm the most forgiving viewer when it comes to movies and soaps, in that I always try to think from the point of view of the director and story teller. But you set such a high standard for yourselves the first year, that I can't help but nit pick on all these points now when I feel like there's been a drop in standards. After being witness to that, it just hurts to settle for anything less. (I think this, more than anything else, is honestly the root of my frustration with regard to the current state of IPKKND.)
I get that ultimately it's your story (And I for one would not want to read a book wherein I could just get in touch with the writer and get the parts that I didn't like changed as and when I felt like it. Where's the fun in that?) But like one forum member put it, at least be true to your characters and story and vision and execute it so perfectly that I buy into it too (For example, I think I would have been more OK with Friday's episode and been more able to empathize with Anjali if I'd connected with a pregnant Anjali from the beginning, if I'd seen her pregnancy progressing in a sensible fashion, seen her need to be a mom grow over time, seen a meaningful bond developing between her and her unborn child consistently growing over time etc. as opposed to all this just being literally conveyed in one or two scenes).
And even if you have to make allowances for TRPs or viewer feedback (and I'll be honest I hope you do consider viewer feedback in some cases), isn't there a way to do it so that it doesn't compromise your overall vision and at the same time keeps both the makers and the viewers happy? It may be not be easy, but surely it's not impossible?
Also, like I've mentioned/commented twice earlier: 
On one hand, I'm also slightly uncomfortable telling the CVs exactly what to write and do...it's like telling an author to write a book exactly as per my specifications as to the story...which you know, could go either way. I may love it or hate it.
But on the other hand, if the CVs get to know exactly what the viewers want to see, and if they can somehow incorporate that into their overall vision and make it work via good execution, then why not? Surely that'd be a win-win situation?
Ultimately, we all want to enjoy our favorite show again. Something's gone awry and I just hope this inititative by Rima (Kudos!) can somehow lead to a) the CVs and the PH at least trying to understand the situation from the viewers POV and b) doing something to set things right!
Cheers.

Originally posted by Sumeeta:
Guys.. I just wanted to say that it is an intermediary period...what if this is the sequence which is required to bring in the track back of the star-crossed love story that IPKKND is???
believe me ...I'm an extremely unforgiving viewer...many of u (including u CDlove) have said that u've stuck to the show for the pst 15 months...but I actually stopped watching (not lying one bit) the show for about amonth when Shyam-Khushi engagement happened and he was not being caught...I simply couldn't take it..so I can see your point...but then I realised it was simply a part of the storyand I missed some really great episodes like Arnav making Khushi jealous by buying the necklace for Lavanya which Khushi liked...
My response:
Ha. Sumeeta, we think alike (I think). I get this point of yours too, and it has occurred to me that the CVs might be desperately trying to create situations and enemies that they can use to both bring the lead characters closer and also drive them apart as required (Hate + Love, Misunderstandings because of Shyam + Coming together to protect one another and others from Shyam). I think someone else on this forum made a similar post that, to me, made sense. 
But honestly, if that's the case, then they're not doing a good job executing it or selling it to me, 'cos I am not enjoying the ride (and isn't that the point of a daily soap, where you don't always get closure at the end of 20 mins or even an hour or two and a half hours as in the case of a movie?). 
Also, it still doesn't explain away the problem of inconsistencies, loopholes, loose-ends, incomplete tracks, bloopers in execution, not staying true to well-established characters or not having them grow in a logical way etc. 
So I'd still want the CVs and PH to sit up and take notice and do something to bring back the magic that was.
Just my POV.
:)
PS: I loved that whole track of Arnav finding out about Khushi's engagement and taking his hurt out on her (And her standing up to him for it, 'cos really he started it by preferring to get engaged to Lavanya rather than try and explore the real underlying issue like she (Khushi)  wanted to). 'Twas brilliantly written and executed - be it acting, characterization, direction, screenplay etc. It is one of my favourite tracks to date and one of those tracks that convinced me that IPKKND was not your run-of-the-mill 'hindi serial'. I want tracks like THAT back.

Edited by herebedragons - 08 September 2012 at 1:01am

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

princessVVswati-89Bonhi_ipkkndMaverick29Chimpsynine2lazylad8-FauZiCetroniaNi1234gatheringstormprabbsshweta2482abracadabraKookiemonsterOmNaMaSteOmGodhuliLogonvandana.sagarrimaFazila~

-ElmoFuj- IF-Sizzlerz
-ElmoFuj-
-ElmoFuj-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:26am | IP Logged
Agree on all these points.
I am by all means with you in this mission! Thankyou for starting this i really hope cv's listen to our pleas!

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyMaverick29lazylad8-FauZiCetroniaabracadabrashweta2482OmNaMaSteOmFazila~rima

crazyweird Goldie
crazyweird
crazyweird

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:30am | IP Logged
Agree on it

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Chimpsylazylad8-FauZiCetroniaabracadabraOmNaMaSteOmFazila~rima

shona2smart4u Senior Member
shona2smart4u
shona2smart4u

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:33am | IP Logged
gud post... i m with u.. !! go  ahead.. Smile

Edited by shona2smart4u - 07 September 2012 at 2:33am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Chimpsylazylad8-FauZiCetroniashweta2482abracadabraOmNaMaSteOmFazila~rima

.x-bumblebee-x. IF-Sizzlerz
.x-bumblebee-x.
.x-bumblebee-x.

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:39am | IP Logged
Brilliant post tuna..

I want our fighting khushi back..!!

princessVVChimpsyCetronialazylad8-FauZiabracadabraOmNaMaSteOmFazila~rima

InLwithBarun Newbie
InLwithBarun
InLwithBarun

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:43am | IP Logged
count me in.
I need change
I need arnav and khushi to talk a bit more, express their feelings and thoughts.
It is very nice with silence momments but NOT ALWAYS AND EVERYTIME THEY ARE TOGETHER.

princessVVChimpsyCetronialazylad8-FauZiabracadabraOmNaMaSteOmFazila~rima

Go to top