Maverick29

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CDlove

Originally posted by kookie2020

Nab is right dammit.
SP has the ultimate power.
But for SP to intervene we need something which we wont like further.
Drop in TRP from 2.8 to at least 2.3.
This will only trigger SP's brain cells.
This is the price , who is ready for it?

I don't know..why do I feel that there is something seriously wierd going around SP regarding our show? It's almost as if they too have lost interest. I would have thought SP would have intervened before giving the nod to go ahead with this distastrous track but they seem just as untroubled as the PH house regarding the lack of consistency, half hearted execution and utter crap that's been shown. Coupled with the fact that there are no promos in two weeks while other shows get new promos every other day, I would have almost thought they have another project lined up after the show. They seem so..nonchalant and unperturbed with the downfall of the show.

*this is purely my view from observations and in no means written to create panic*
The problem is that SP favored this show in the start because this was the only love story that they aired last year.
Now SP has options in the name of the new Raajshri production show and Teri meri love stories.
They have another 3 love stories lined up for the prime time slot.
Now when a Channel finds a better substitute for something, No matter how much the fans crib and cry, SP will replace it.
This show is not working for them in the TRP way now.
Pyaar ka dard and something something is climbing the TRP chart every week despite being a 10 pm show.
Prime time slot is the ultimate stuff, they might even shift that show to 8 pm , who knows?
They want TRP's and they will get it at any cost.

If that really is the case, I don't see much hope..SP can pull out the plug and give notice to wrap up anytime they want (PH might also know about this hence the indifference to the show).

SP is right in the alley of cut throat competition and have some pretty innovative stratergies. I see they are exploring and trying to enter oversea market as well judging from all these organizing of oversea trips for Barun and Sanaya.
But with regard to promotions and unsupervised quality of the show, it really seems as if they dont bother about the show any more. Maybe they have another stratergy and waiting until the rival show in Colors is done with their much hyped wedding track to start with agressive promotions, we dont know. There might be a stratergy behind all this, there might not.

Im just really puzzeled with their attitude.

SP is a Rupert Murdoch company -- the guy already owns FOX and in Star Asia he has about 60+ percent ownership.  So, I am not sure there is any "international play for Star Plus".  But I think they may be trying different angles to capture the imagination of the Indian Audience.  I cannot see every single channel showing the same crap and winning.

But this was really their perfect platform to set themselves apart from the rest of the channels.

Like I said, everytime I take a break, I explore something.  Last time it was some shows on the American TV.  This time it has been the Indian stuff.  I have kind of started rounding off all the shows on all the channels I get.  I see every single one of them being the same -- these nicely dressed women and their saas who is screaming at them!

This show was so damn different but with the advent of Dadi, it is almost the same as all of them.

So, I dont think any strategic genius is behind this stuff.  It is a serious possibility that they genuinely ran out of ideas to prolong the show -- they didnt like the ones on the Forum and their group -- so they picked a track.  I dont see them changing it.  We had fun doing the petition for our satisfaction!

Cheers.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

abracadabraCDloveOmNaMaSteOmLIKEDMGKookiemonsterrima

CDlove IF-Rockerz
CDlove
CDlove

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maverick29

Originally posted by chaitra2011

@ Hiru:

ew ew ewww!! watching her getting dressed? I think I'm going to be sick just thinking about this Dead

This is SICK!  They are officially a Daily Soap targeting a different set of Audience now.  Watching her GETTING DRESSED????

Back in the House?

How is this good for the show?  It is becoming cheap by the day!

It's so utterly distasteful and crass!! this is suppose to make people feel good about watching the show?

good lord are the writers messed up in their heads or what?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Maverick29abracadabraOmNaMaSteOmLIKEDMGKookiemonsterrima

Maverick29 Goldie
Maverick29
Maverick29

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:22am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Maverick29

CD!  I just saw that you made an appearance at 3 AM EST just so you have the excuse to run and sleep early!!!

Damn I didnt know I scared you so much last time we sparred.  But then I underestimate myself sometimes!

excujj moi! I DID NOT run away Angry hummph!! You're the one doing the disappering trick Angry
bdw where's your I lau Koosie post? I have been waiting for that with bated breath Cry

yeah 3 am is very early,, early in the morning you mean. my sleeping schedule is extremely messed up so I am actually going to go to bed now before I pull another all nighter

Yep I was waiting on Rima's post for the ones that wanted to "play" to wake up!  I saw them and I saw that you were missing!  I knew you would run and then turn it on me!!!

Not COOL CD!  But 3 AM is very late -- Good night.  I plan on going to bed early tonight myself.

I loved the random crap that Menty and the guys did on that thread that was "deleted" all together.  In 3 hours it just exploded.  That is something that would actually be fun!  Next time!

Cheers.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

abracadabraOmNaMaSteOmLIKEDMGKookiemonsterrima

Kookiemonster IF-Sizzlerz
Kookiemonster
Kookiemonster

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:24am | IP Logged

Nab is right dammit.
SP has the ultimate power.
But for SP to intervene we need something which we wont like further.
Drop in TRP from 2.8 to at least 2.3.
This will only trigger SP's brain cells.
This is the price , who is ready for it?

I don't know..why do I feel that there is something seriously wierd going around SP regarding our show? It's almost as if they too have lost interest. I would have thought SP would have intervened before giving the nod to go ahead with this distastrous track but they seem just as untroubled as the PH house regarding the lack of consistency, half hearted execution and utter crap that's been shown. Coupled with the fact that there are no promos in two weeks while other shows get new promos every other day, I would have almost thought they have another project lined up after the show. They seem so..nonchalant and unperturbed with the downfall of the show.

*this is purely my view from observations and in no means written to create panic*
The problem is that SP favored this show in the start because this was the only love story that they aired last year.
Now SP has options in the name of the new Raajshri production show and Teri meri love stories.
They have another 3 love stories lined up for the prime time slot.
Now when a Channel finds a better substitute for something, No matter how much the fans crib and cry, SP will replace it.
This show is not working for them in the TRP way now.
Pyaar ka dard and something something is climbing the TRP chart every week despite being a 10 pm show.
Prime time slot is the ultimate stuff, they might even shift that show to 8 pm , who knows?
They want TRP's and they will get it at any cost.

If that really is the case, I don't see much hope..SP can pull out the plug and give notice to wrap up anytime they want (PH might also know about this hence the indifference to the show).

SP is right in the alley of cut throat competition and have some pretty innovative stratergies. I see they are exploring and trying to enter oversea market as well judging from all these organizing of oversea trips for Barun and Sanaya.
But with regard to promotions and unsupervised quality of the show, it really seems as if they dont bother about the show any more. Maybe they have another stratergy and waiting until the rival show in Colors is done with their much hyped wedding track to start with agressive promotions, we dont know. There might be a stratergy behind all this, there might not.

Im just really puzzeled with their attitude.

Child bride has been strong for almost 3 months now.
Our loss has been their gain since the kidnapping stuff happened.
This week they reached above 5.
SP is ruthless when it comes to butchering.
Navya was also a slot leader once on SP because it was a youth generated show, the only one for SP at that time.
IPKKND came, it conquered and the major college going junta changed their preference from Navya to IPKKND in 2 just months.
Navya used to air at 10 pm slot, Its TRP got affected big time .
SP intervened , gave them a 6 month timeline to get back on their foot, changed it's slot from 10 pm to 6 pm in the evening but the show still got axed because it failed to get enough TRP's.
They brought another show for the 10 pm slot with DB's husband in the lead role, 
They gave it 4 months , didnt work for the TRP's so they axed it without any time line.

IF they can axe a show which aired at 6 pm slot, then what is so special about about the 8 pm slot?
The moment they find something strong against the child bride, they will issue an ultimatum.

Maybe you are right that they are waiting for the child bride wedding to air and all for some new dhamaka, but what about SP 's losses?
This wedding might take another month , How long will the channel wait?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

abracadabraCDloveOmNaMaSteOmrima

NutsandDolts Senior Member
NutsandDolts
NutsandDolts

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:24am | IP Logged
Getting the old magic back will be like a dream come true! So glad someone's doing something about it! :)

abracadabraCDloveOmNaMaSteOmrima

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:28am | IP Logged
sorry for the disappearing act
sunday chores
sunday elaborate cooking
son's exams
maid bunking
cleaning

...life is full dose on me today

going to finish all and join in a while
missing all the fun

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

aashi_Mahi122Maverick29mitrabhuyanCDloveabracadabraOmNaMaSteOmKookiemonster

CHIPPEDCUP IF-Sizzlerz
CHIPPEDCUP
CHIPPEDCUP

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Peep at this thread.Some one posted all the TRPs.
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3186648#64732867

AfyaabracadabraOmNaMaSteOmrima

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by rima

I was away for most of the day and when I got back we are almost 175 pages? Wonderful going everyone! This certainly had been a massive turnout. Shows how fustrated everyone is.
yep
it is pure frustration from loyal and die hard fans
Rima all credit goes to you for initiating this Clap

Yes, Rimajee, 
U r a rockstar.

Rima Roxxx.
BAS.

at present
i am kaamwali bai
bawarchi
tutor
aur bohut kuch