India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

FF: The Aftermath

Sonata24 Groupbie
Sonata24
Sonata24

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:31pm | IP Logged

Hey all! Smile This is my second OS. Smile It's based on last Friday's precap. Sorta. Tongue It's my take on how things could have turned out after that disaster during mehendi. Cry I hope you guys like it! And if it is good, and you guys appreciate it, I'll make it into an FF. Big smile So please do hit the like button if you liked it! Smile Smile

CHAPTER 2 IS UP!  :) :D click the below link

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3183744______________________________________________________________________________

What more was left now? The ultimate disaster had struck down on his Di. The joys of the last few hours had evaporated from everyone in one vicious blow. The only person alongside him, who shared a close tie to his mother was now lying unconscious on a hospital bed. He had failed once again in his duty to protect his sister, his friend, his mother, his Di.

Tears welled in his eyes as he stood alone in a corner. His family had rushed into the room where his Di lay, child-like, with not a care in the world. He couldn't face that. He would not be able to see her that way. He felt like someone had sucker punched him in the gut.

A hand soft as butter and gentle as a feather took in his limp right hand, and squeezed it with all the might it could muster. He looked to his right, and saw his fianc looking up at him with concern etched in every beautiful detail of her face. He was still stuck in his own limbo, but this time he responded. He clasped her gentle, warm hands within his own clammy one.

"What is happening to Di, Khushi? First, Shyam- that b@***** low life- and now, this. All she had been looking up to, living for, is lost' Why would.. Why.. Di.." He could say no more. Tears started to flow ceaselessly from his eyes. In one swift motion he engulfed Khushi in a hug, seeking reassurance of some sort that things will get better. That somehow light will shine through in their dark hour.

"Arnavji, don't cry please? We'll look after Di together, you and me. Our whole family. We'll be there for her like always. We have to stay strong for her, Arnavji' We have to'" And then she could contain herself no more. Tears rolled off her eyes, as she felt physical pain to see her nanad whom she had come to love as her own sister, and her love of life- Her Arnav-wading through this horrible vicissitude of their life.

Minutes passed by, but it felt like hours. Finally the members of their family walked out one by one looking grievous and tearful.

Nani walked over to Arnav and spoke in a trembling tone."Arnav bitwa, please go in and see her? She needs YOU more than any of us' We couldn't tell her that' that she.. that she has lost her child" Nani had started to sob again. NK consoled her and lead her to a nearby seat and nodded at Arnav and Khushi.

"Khushi, is it okay if I talk to Di alone for a minute?"Arnav asked. Khushi obliged immediately, and let him go after giving him a gentle hug.

As Arnav peeped into the room his Di lay, he felt fresh pangs of guilt and pain. How could his bubbly and ever smiling Di look so feeble and lost?

He let himself into the room, and clicked the door shut behind him as gently as he could so as to not disturb her, but Anjali acknowledged his presence immediately.

He saw a ghost of a smile flit across her face as he moved closer to her bed. Her hand moved instinctively, wanting to hold her brother's hand, her one true anchor at every stage of her life so far.

He held her hand in both of his, and sat down beside her."How are you Di?" he asked. It seemed cruel to ask a mother this question after she had just lost her child she'd been looking forward to holding in her hand, and watching him/her grow.

When she answered her voice was hushed, eerie and too low to be heard. "I'm okay chote, but what about the driver? Is he fine? He was badly injured too'"

For a minute Arnav thought he heard her wrong. "How's the driver chote?"

Arnav looked bewildered and scared out of his wits. What on earth was she talking about?! What driver?!

"Driver? Di what are you-"

"Chote? No body attended to the driver?? Oh god he saved my life!" At this point she stopped talking out of sheer exhaustion. She closed her eyes, breathing heavily, trying to gather energy.

"Di hold on a minute I will be right back" he said and barged out of the room, ran past his family who looked bewildered, and almost pounced on the doctor who had tended to his sister.

"Doctor something's wrong with her, she's talking but not making any sense, she is asking us to tend to some driver WHAT'S GOING ON?!" he almost yelled.

The doctor frowned. He walked quickly to Anjali's room followed by Arnav close at heels. They ignored his family who worriedly asked him what was wrong. What would he answer to them?

The Doctor smiled pleasantly at Anjali, and asked her how she was feeling. Arnav hung behind taking in his sister's every move, every change in expression.

"So Mrs. Anjali, tell me, what exactly happened?" The doctor asked, smiling at her. This seemed very odd to Arnav. What kind of a man asks such a question to a person who just experienced such a trauma? He wanted to bash the doctor's skull, but restrained himself.

"Well, we were in the car, just me and the driver, when the vehicle lost control and' and.. Doctor please attend to the driver, he's more in need of you!" Anjali had paled considerably by the end of her sentence because of the strain of talking. Arnav was immediately by her side, soothing her, stroking her head gently.

"Mr. Raizada can I see you outside a minute please?" the doctor asked, concern evident on his face. But Arnav had found his answer. He was dreading to hear it from the doctor, and confirm this fresh, newly spawned nightmare.

"Mr. Raizada, has your sister been in an accident like the one she just described?"

"Yes, doctor, about seven to eight months ago, she met with an accident.."

"So you do know what this means? A part of her memory is blocked because of the trauma. Medically we call such a situation a 'Fugue'. Sometimes, when a person survives a life threatening situation, the brain blocks out memories too painful to deal with in their current predicament. It's brain's way of protecting the person in consideration from further emotional breakdown."

Arnav was too lost for words. His world began to spiral out of control.

"So the reason her last memory is that car crash is because that was the last time she was probably injured physically to match her current position."

"Is there any way her memory could come back?" He asked, not knowing what else to ask and not knowing if the answer would relieve him, or make him feel worse.

"One can't be sure, but it becomes important for them to uncover the memory by themselves. By no means should you force it on them."

In that moment, Arnav knew what he was going to do.

SO. How did you like it? Want me to continue? Say yes, please? Pretty please? Btw, this fugue concept' Flashed while I was watching this crime series called 'The Mentalist' Brilliant show. Would recommend you guys to watch it. While you are at it, listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbwsaFYCoVQ

Touches the soul, I say.

Love y'all,

Sonata24.

PS: Another few likes, and a few comments, I promise to add the new one I just wrote. LOL

Here's a little pre-cap:

Arnav was sitting on his bed with his face hung down, covering it with his palms. He looked like a child who was badly wounded, and all Khushi wanted to do was to hug him real tight. 

She walked over to him and stroked his head softly. When Arnav looked up, she could see tears in his eyes, and her heart broke into a million pieces. How could she ease his pain? She was ready to do anything to just see a flicker of smile on his angelic face.

"Arnav ji... It'll turn out okay! Devi maiyya will make sure of that! We''ll make sure of that! Please don't cry? Please?"

Arnav looked into her concern filled eyes, and then pulled her to him, hugging her tummy.

Liked it? Big smile Comment Comment! And don't forget to Like too! Smile LOL

Edited by Sonata24 - 10 September 2012 at 10:27pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Suppi_4_uGr8tymsDevilish.Angelmz.brartmowla-Sanj-

Devilish.Angel Senior Member
Devilish.Angel
Devilish.Angel

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:31am | IP Logged
nice

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sonata24

-Sanj- IF-Rockerz
-Sanj-
-Sanj-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Awsome OS...

Sonata24

mz.brar Senior Member
mz.brar
mz.brar

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
you should post this in the IPKKND forum...youll get more hits there.
Amazing stuff cant wait to read the rest,

Sonata24

Sonata24 Groupbie
Sonata24
Sonata24

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mz.brar

you should post this in the IPKKND forum...youll get more hits there.
Amazing stuff cant wait to read the rest,

Smile Posted it there too. Thanks! Smile Big smile
Suppi_4_u Groupbie
Suppi_4_u
Suppi_4_u

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
hey nice twist in ur OS Anjali lost her baby and a part of memory too...
 like it ... no no no ... loved it ... 
do continue soon..

Sonata24

Sonata24 Groupbie
Sonata24
Sonata24

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 10:26pm | IP Logged

PART 2:

Previously on The Aftermath:

Anjali's disastrous miscarriage. Revival from the coma revealed that she was in a condition of Fugue. What steps will Arnav now take?

After hearing what the doctor had to say about his Di's condition, Arnav walked wearily towards the ICU. His family immediately gathered around him and bombarded him with questions.

His eyes searched for only one pair of eyes as he prepared to tell them where the situation stood. He found her standing in the corner, twisting her fingers and staring at him with anxiety. He quickly went over the things the doctor told him, never once letting anyone interrupt him, and never once breaking eye contact with Khushi. God knew she was the only source he could draw energy from.

"So until I decide what to tell Di when she wakes up again, no one will talk. I'll take it from here." Arnav said, and added as an afterthought "And no one will mention Shyam in front of Di" He stared pointedly at Dadi.

Nani reached over to pat Arnav on the shoulder and said "Don't worry Arnav bitwa, this might just be a blessing. Devi maiyya will never leave Anjali bitiya stranded like this."

"Sausuma is right, Arnav bitwa. We are all there with you. We are all there for Anjali. It'll be okay."

Curiously enough Dadi hadn't uttered a word during the entire time. Arnav looked at her as if to ask her if she had anything to add. Then knowing it would probably be something unworthy of his time, he looked at Akash. Both brothers nodded at each other in mute understanding.

Akash said "Nani, Dadi, Maa I think it's best you guys go home and rest now. I'll drop you guys now so that you can be back here early tomorrow. Bhai, NK and I will stay here with Di".

Everyone retorted at once. But Akash and NK managed to convince them that going hom now was the only suitable step, and after promising them that they can be back early in the morning, they left.

Akash said "Bhai, I'll drop Payal Maa, Nani and Dadi home. NK bhai, can you Drop bhuaji and Khushiji?

"Of course I can!" NK said. "I'll meet you guys back here".

Arnav nodded his yes, and turned around to look for Khushi and buaji. They were involved in their own conversation, and buaji was now nodding her head at Khushi, as if in agreement.

NK looked from Arnav to Khushi and back to Arnav, and he knew at once knew what he had to do.

"Nannav, you drop Khushiji and buaji at their place. I'll stay here with Di."

Arnav looked slightly surprised. Before he could say anything, NK added "Go on Nannav. I'll look after Di." He smiled.

"Khushi ji, Nannav will drop you guys home. Take rest so you can come here early tomorrow, yeah?"

Khushi didn't want to go home. She wanted to stay and lend her support to the brother and sister duo she had come to adore so much.

"Arnav ji, I'm staying back, I'm not going." She'd already obtained permission to stay from buaji, and she knew convincing Arnav would be the biggest task.

To her utter surprise, Arnav nodded. "But you're still coming now. Change into something more comfortable and we'll both get back here."

Khushi obeyed immediately, and the three left. NK smiled affectionately at Khushi. He knew in his heart that no matter what darkness surrounded Nannav, Khushiji would definitely clear it away. As if to confirm his thought, he saw Khushi's left hand reach out to Arnav's right hand, and just like that they were holding hands. Both looking slightly stronger even in their retreating form.

Arnav's thoughts were on Anjali as he drove towards Laxminagar. What was he going to tell her? How would he bring her back to the current situation, without bringing back all those unpleasant memories? Wasn't her mind blocking out those memories only to prevent further trauma? What was the point in raking up the past again?

All he knew is that he would not let the creep enter his sister's life again, whether she had her memory or not. He had to find a way to root him out without putting his sister through that misery.

Before he knew it, they had reached Buaji's house. Funny, he thought, I don't even remember driving till here.

Buaji asked Arnav to come in and have at least a glass of water. She stroked his head and walked into the house.

A damn would break through any minute, Arnav knew it. He had to be alone for a while remove every ounce of sadness in his heart and become his strong self again. He had to do it for his Di. He looked to his side.

Khushi sat there, motionless and still lost in thought. She was thinking back to the entire godh barai ceremony. Less than 3 hours ago everyone was so happy, and in minutes, everything had changed. Forever, perhaps. A mother was snatched off of her happiness. Fate can be so cruel sometimes. A lone tear trickled down her eye, but it was caught even before it could make its full journey.

Khushi blinked and looked at the hand cupping her cheek, then at the person it belonged to. She held his hand there by supporting it with her own. Arnav then leaned over and kissed her on the forehead, lingering there for just a bit longer. Khushi then got down, went over to Arnav's side of the car. She opened the door and tugged at his hand. He obliged, and followed Khushi into the house.

Once inside their room, she poured him a glass of water. He gulped it down without giving it any thought.

Khushi cupped his cheek and said "Arnavji, I'll be back in a minute. We'll grab a flask of coffee for nanheji, and be on our way, okay?"

Arnav nodded, without looking at her.

Khushi was getting really worried by the passing minute. Arnav was becoming more and more quiet and morose and it scared her to no end. She quickly went in to change.

When she got back she saw Arnav was sitting on the bed with his face hung down, covering it with his palms. He looked like a child who was badly wounded, and all Khushi wanted to do was to hug him real tight.

She walked over to him and stroked his head softly. When Arnav looked up, she could see tears in his eyes, and her heart broke into a million pieces. How could she ease his pain? She was ready to do anything to just see a flicker of smile on his angelic face.

"Arnav ji...? she said cupping his face "It'll turn out okay! Devi maiyya will make sure of that! We''ll make sure of that! Please don't cry? Please?"

Arnav looked into her concern filled eyes, and then pulled her to him, hugging her tummy. He let the tears flow. He let his sadness out. He hugged her as if that was the only was he could save himself.

Khushi hugged him back with all her strength. Seeing him so vulnerable, it brought her physical pain. Like a stabbing of thousand knives all at once.

Her only consolation was that he had made her a part of him, now. And she would go through anything to make him whole, new and untarnished again. She vowed to herself and to her Devi Maiyya that would never let any harm befall him, or his family again if she could prevent it.

Hello, Hello you Lovely people. Big smile How are you all doing?? Here's the next part I've been promising. LOL Has it lived up to your expectations?? Please leave a comment and do hit the like button. I will love you forever. Big smile Smile

On a philosophical note, while writing that last portion between Arnav and Khushi, I felt such pain. I mean, can love like Arnav and Khushi's ever be found in real world? Or is it just fiction for us poor souls? We may never know, unless our lives are touched by this elusive mystery called Love.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top