Gulaal

India-Forums

Gulaal
Gulaal

Gulaal - Back to Back - Episode Discussion Thread (Page 16)

prachurya IF-Dazzler
prachurya
prachurya

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nneeiill

@prachu : they showed NEIL ???????

Not faceLOL
Only his hands while writing the letter and back while trying to catch a glance of GulaalLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MR21manzilmukulEXOL

prachurya IF-Dazzler
prachurya
prachurya

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 11:36am | IP Logged

word...i still fail to understand Gulaal's thought process..she loved kesar ..even if it was not romantci way as per her say..but still he was everything for her..and she overlooked his pain...Confused i mean she was overjoyed to see him accepting Talli ka proposal...ye samaj kar bhi na samaj banti thi..but was she not playing with kesar;s life..she just took the charge of kesar's life ..she was not genuine here..what kind of love was that???Ouch..she was more concerend about her vaada , her talli and all this at the expense of kesar's happiness..i can never be convinced about the fact that she dint notice all this..she knew each n everything ..

Yup...she was more like I wanna get KT married and get out of this DV and stuff .No wonder Kesar thought like he did. Gulaal was really selfish in forcing Kesar to marry or trying to set KT up together where Kesar had openly confessed that he never saw Talli in that way. The heights was when after Kesar confessed his feelings for Gulaal, Gulaal going and encouraging Talli not to forget Kesar and that her true love will get her Kesar Dead. Somehow, she wasn't even concerned that Talli would be bound by a loveless marriage if at all KT marriage happened Angry. I didn't get her Praan-jaaye par vacchan naa jaaye stance where Gulaal herself broke a promise b/w 2 families to marry Vasant.

MR21manzilmukulEXOL

EXOL IF-Sizzlerz
EXOL
EXOL

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by prachurya

word...i still fail to understand Gulaal's thought process..she loved kesar ..even if it was not romantci way as per her say..but still he was everything for her..and she overlooked his pain...Confused i mean she was overjoyed to see him accepting Talli ka proposal...ye samaj kar bhi na samaj banti thi..but was she not playing with kesar;s life..she just took the charge of kesar's life ..she was not genuine here..what kind of love was that???Ouch..she was more concerend about her vaada , her talli and all this at the expense of kesar's happiness..i can never be convinced about the fact that she dint notice all this..she knew each n everything ..

Yup...she was more like I wanna get KT married and get out of this DV and stuff .No wonder Kesar thought like he did. Gulaal was really selfish in forcing Kesar to marry or trying to set KT up together where Kesar had openly confessed that he never saw Talli in that way. The heights was when after Kesar confessed his feelings for Gulaal, Gulaal going and encouraging Talli not to forget Kesar and that her true love will get her Kesar Dead. Somehow, she wasn't even concerned that Talli would be bound by a loveless marriage if at all KT marriage happened Angry. I didn't get her Praan-jaaye par vacchan naa jaaye stance where Gulaal herself broke a promise b/w 2 families to marry Vasant.

yes i would say she is selfish here..coz she thought its ok to sacrifice kesar's happiness just the way she sacrificed her own desires or wishes up till now..it was like she was his MASTER...for all this nonsense she used to think  she and kesar means "one soul" ..so lets me play with his life coz his life is mine Confused..ridiculous thought process ...

btw what promise did she break ??? u mean both villages were against each others???

prachuryaMR21manzilmukul

prachurya IF-Dazzler
prachurya
prachurya

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 11:55am | IP Logged

yes i would say she is selfish here..coz she thought its ok to sacrifice kesar's happiness just the way she sacrificed her own desires or wishes up till now..it was like she was his MASTER...for all this nonsense she used to think  she and kesar means "one soul" ..so lets me play with his life coz his life is mine Confused..ridiculous thought process ...

btw what promise did she break ??? u mean both villages were against each others???

promise means her marriage fixed with DugguLOL... it was kind of a promise b/w Revji and Duggu's father. I mean yes, she had valid reasons to break the marriage bt even Kesar's reasons were valid.

The million dollar question, that I have always put since I watched the show is that what if Kesar came back having a girlfriend or Lady love in Bhuj? How can just someone assume that the other will of course not fall in love with someone else and wait for a childhood friend whom he never harbored any special feelings for? I loved it when Kesar's chunar burning scene, dialogues just addressed the issue - "How can she just decide something like that for him". And remember she didn't even get Kesar's parents' permissionAngry

MR21manzilmukulEXOL

EXOL IF-Sizzlerz
EXOL
EXOL

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by prachurya

promise means her marriage fixed with DugguLOL... it was kind of a promise b/w Revji and Duggu's father. I mean yes, she had valid reasons to break the marriage bt even Kesar's reasons were valid.

The million dollar question, that I have always put since I watched the show is that what if Kesar came back having a girlfriend or Lady love in Bhuj? How can just someone assume that the other will of course not fall in love with someone else and wait for a childhood friend whom he never harbored any special feelings for? I loved it when Kesar's chunar burning scene, dialogues just addressed the issue - "How can she just decide something like that for him". And remember she didn't even get Kesar's parents' permissionAngry

oh yea u raised good question...how can she assume kesar will not fall for any other gal..???
what would gulaal have done for her pyaar talli? ask kesar to dump the gal and marry TALLI??
she was not genuine with her self nor with kesar and Talli...if she was so genuine..why she never mentioned about TALLI in those letters..why she was not afraid that he might like some other gal so better make him aware of TALLi...why she had this super confidence that KESAR will be  pavitra when he returns...thats why she was never genuine in her thought process..somewhere she had enjoyed this exclusive right of hers on KESAR

Edited by nneeiill - 28 January 2013 at 12:10pm

prachuryaMR21manzilmukul

manzilmukul IF-Sizzlerz
manzilmukul
manzilmukul

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
lovely discussions prachu and neilu..My qusetion is exactly this..Why Gulaal why...but then Gulaal 's characterization had alawys been as such..It had been MY WAY OF HIGHWAY!!She was one untamed soul...It was her call..her decisions alawys..Though Vassy tamed her wildness hee couls not tame the streak of taking every burden on her shoulders...her life was a CHECKLIST

1.ek agon ek parivar jahan koi ladayi na ho--SHE EVEN WENT TO THE EXTENT OF FORGIVING HER HUSBANDS MURDERER...
2.Rewa's happiness--SHE EVEN WENT TO THE EXTENT OF BEATING KAMLESH
3.KESAR stepping into Vassy's hoes-SHE WENT TO THE EXTENT OF CANING A YOUNG CHILD MADLY FOR GAMBLING...
4.HER ONLY LIFE CHANGING DECISION---She left no stone unturned to ENSURE EK PANTH DO KAAJ TALLI BILLI KA SECURE BHAVISHYA AND KESAR BEING HAPPY WITH HIS LIFELOL

So her entire life was nothing but a checklist which she kept on fulfilling on a spree...But the beauty of KG relationship was in it's confusion and push and pull...GULLU WAS ULIKE WHIMPERING FEMALES..SHE WAS STRONG ,SHE WAS ZIDDI AND ABOVE ALL FULL OF FLAWS!!THAT'S WHY THE SHOW SANK...agar roti hui hoti ya Kesu zabardsti usse shadi karke use diwar pe push karta or even better ideal wife banne k liye wo din raat kahna banati rehti then trp'S miltey..
Her selfishness made Kesu angry more making him more determined to hurt her and himself..SIGH SIGH...THESE TWO STUBBORN PEOPLEDay Dreaming

prachuryaMR21EXOL

EXOL IF-Sizzlerz
EXOL
EXOL

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
but stil  the questions remains..how can a woman like Gulaal assume that kesar will return back just the way he was 10 yrs ago...how can she ignore the fact that kesar bhi bada hoga..uske bhi kuch sapne honge...and above all what would have happened if he had fallen for some  city ki chori...like in the case of jagyaaa??? tab apni manmaani kaise karthi gulaal..tab vo talli ki shaadi kis se karti ..how the hell she overlooked these things..it seems she could not see anything beyond her illusionary world...kesar was a puppet for or what?

that chunar burning scenes was perfect for all these reasons.. neil's rection as kesar was bang on..the surprised and shocked face of kesar..i mean who would not  feel shocked to hear what gulaal said ???

"tu talli ki shaadi mujhse sirf isliye karaan chahithi thi ki vo mujhse pyaar karti hai...nahiii"

though he gave another meaning to it..but i wanted to ask Madam Gullu that how can a  smalll girl fall in love and how stupid of gulaal  to gamble kesar;s life coz she thinks choti talli loves chotu kesar..waah waah waah...salute to her over confidence or may i say "good for nothing excuses"

i cant buy the fact that she did all this coz choti talli loved kesar...gimme a break

she was securing her position that watever she has done was never wrong..if she did deeyarvattu with kesar that was right...coz she has the power to make it right by marrying him off when he grows up...and to prove that thing she used Talli and trained her as her pawn ...its her egoism which did all this..not any talli ka pyaar or vasant ka vachan..she wanted to make sure to herself and to others that  she was right and what better way other than to brainwash TALLI...coz isme toh double fayda  naa..her beloved Talli will get a good home n hubby and she will be freed of  her  decision of deeyarvattu with kesar..she just thought about herself..neither KESAR nor TALLI...she was living in her own world of perfect things which she thought  was right..

and abt fullfilling vasant ka vachan..where did that sapna disappear when kesar confessed his love and she left the home..that time she gave importance to his words more than vasant ka sapna..again there she thought abt herself..but eventually she had to surrender..only kesar could bring her out of illusionary  righteous world

yea this is why the characters r unqiue..show was different..GULAAL's character also was way too layered..and am still trying to understand her line of thoughts thats why all these essaysLOL

Edited by nneeiill - 28 January 2013 at 8:34pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Stalwart.prachuryaMR21Incensemanzilmukul

MR21 IF-Dazzler
MR21
MR21

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 1:50am | IP Logged
Nice discussion everyone...I really disliked gulaal when she forced kesar to marry talli even after facing the same from her parent to marry duggu...she know how it feels when she is forced to get married to duggu just because her parents promised duggu's parents...then how can she do the same mistake of forcing kesar to marry talli just for her damn promise that she gave to kid talli...coming to the way she accepted kesar's acceptance to marry talli after saying that he do not want to marry talli...if i am not wrong there was a scene between gulaal n talli where gulaal assures talli that now everything will be alright n not to think about anything now as kesar himself accepted to get married...it looks like gulaal is assuring herself more than talli...she just wants to get rid of the guilt of doing DV with kesar n then fulfilling her promise that she gave to talli...

ps: It feels great to again discuss abt the show n characters...As now Neil is back I expecting more n more discussionsEmbarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

prachuryaEXOLIncensemanzilmukul

Go to top