Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1973anu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Ahhh I completely agree! I tuned in to SWC just cuz I thought atleast the cinematography and the direction might be good but WOW was I DISAPPOINTED...it can't even hold a candle to Gulaal's cinematic scale and just GORGEOUS GORGEOUS cinematography...and above all, the ACTING *sigh*...JW is such epic fail as Kumud...I watch one scene of Gulaal even today and I'm so mesmerized by the fire in Gulaal's eyes and how WONDERFULLY Manasi portrayed her...Gulaal the enchantress that EVERYONE wanted...Kumud makes big claims about her beauty but she is a pale imitation even of the Nandinis and Paros of SLB from whom she's inspired...what a SUPER BLAHH show...

It bothers me that SP never had the guts to realize the gem it had in Gulaal...SWC is running on SLB's name but frankly it doesn't live up to the quality of SLB's work either...they've erected grand sets but there is no class in the LIGHTING of those sets...and it is Gulaal that taught me how BEAUTIFULLY a scene can be lit that it can become a part of the CHARACTER in that moment...the way Gulaal was shot, Kesar's angst was portrayed...the dark, the light, it was all magic...and the bg music *sigh* To this day there is hardly a parallel on TV...it tugs at my heart even now when I watch old scenes.

I totally agree with you AreYaar. Past 2 days I have been watching Gulsaar scenes as one of the often played BG music was played in NBT. And yes what acting, rich traditional sets, cinematography, story etc... And this is why I have DABH... it replaced Gulaal😡😉
Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Ahhh I completely agree! I tuned in to SWC just cuz I thought atleast the cinematography and the direction might be good but WOW was I DISAPPOINTED...it can't even hold a candle to Gulaal's cinematic scale and just GORGEOUS GORGEOUS cinematography...and above all, the ACTING *sigh*...JW is such epic fail as Kumud...I watch one scene of Gulaal even today and I'm so mesmerized by the fire in Gulaal's eyes and how WONDERFULLY Manasi portrayed her...Gulaal the enchantress that EVERYONE wanted...Kumud makes big claims about her beauty but she is a pale imitation even of the Nandinis and Paros of SLB from whom she's inspired...what a SUPER BLAHH show...
Anu🤗LONG TIME!! Oh really I was shocked to see such pale sets and average camera work..Is this the same show which claims itself to be a saga planning a run of 2000 episodes🤢and so correctly put nothing can match the cinematic brilliance of Gulaal..the desert scenes ,the mela scenes,gulaal lighting the diyas in a temple ,even a cowshed night scene where vassy treats a cow all are superby magical..And Mansi⭐️WORDS FAIL ME!! I cannot explain the shades of Gulaal..SHE WAS BRILLIANT !!And yes no offense to Jenny but Kumud as a character is more earthly ,more fiery and much more stronger than what SLB tries to potray through Jenny...Her fragile looks just kills the feel..So disappointed and the repressed angst of a hero whose silence and anger has to speak from his eyes..RHODE!! EPIC FAIL AGAIN!!

It bothers me that SP never had the guts to realize the gem it had in Gulaal...SWC is running on SLB's name but frankly it doesn't live up to the quality of SLB's work either...they've erected grand sets but there is no class in the LIGHTING of those sets...and it is Gulaal that taught me how BEAUTIFULLY a scene can be lit that it can become a part of the CHARACTER in that moment...the way Gulaal was shot, Kesar's angst was portrayed...the dark, the light, it was all magic...and the bg music *sigh* To this day there is hardly a parallel on TV...it tugs at my heart even now when I watch old scenes.

There is a saying in hindi "chadhte suraj ko sabhi salam karte hain.." A BIG NAME LIKE SLB   is making ppl go gaga when actually SWC is only an average show diff but average..WORD !! about those grand sets...They look pale...ABSOLUTELY PALE...and BG score all churofied from the movie themes..So true Gulaal was the only show which had a flagship BG score ORIGINAL and soulful!! And LOL they think that FOCUSSING cameras on SIX PACK and BARE BACKS and sexy choli and kamar of Kumud is what is called cinematic feel...*HEADDESK...hmmm sad state of affairs...IF ONLY SP HAD EVER TRIED TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THE WAY IT PROMOTES THOSE CRAP ACHAR PAPADA VADI SHOWS😡😭😭😭 SIGH ..Its almost 1 and a half yr still  I watch the scenes and feel the magic
Transference thumbnail
@1973anu----Gulaal was indeed class apart nothing can match it and LOL to that LAMP AND WICK SHOW🤢*wonders how media claims it to be a pathbreaking show in the field of women's education*😳
AreYaar thumbnail
@1973anu: Yes sadly they use Gulaal original bg scores in a lot of other shows but the EFFECT is just never the same...cuz obviously Gulaal was a very VERY rare mix of getting EVERYTHING right from the acting to the costumes to the direction...the minutest details of characterization and just creating the AMBIENCE for the story, each scene were so carefully taken care of...that is why we all still rave to this day.

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: manzilmukul

Anu🤗LONG TIME!! Oh really I was shocked to see such pale sets and average camera work..Is this the same show which claims itself to be a saga planning a run of 2000 episodes🤢and so correctly put nothing can match the cinematic brilliance of Gulaal..the desert scenes ,the mela scenes,gulaal lighting the diyas in a temple ,even a cowshed night scene where vassy treats a cow all are superby magical..And Mansi⭐️WORDS FAIL ME!! I cannot explain the shades of Gulaal..SHE WAS BRILLIANT !!And yes no offense to Jenny but Kumud as a character is more earthly ,more fiery and much more stronger than what SLB tries to potray through Jenny...Her fragile looks just kills the feel..So disappointed and the repressed angst of a hero whose silence and anger has to speak from his eyes..RHODE!! EPIC FAIL AGAIN!!

There is a saying in hindi "chadhte suraj ko sabhi salam karte hain.." A BIG NAME LIKE SLB   is making ppl go gaga when actually SWC is only an average show diff but average..WORD !! about those grand sets...They look pale...ABSOLUTELY PALE...and BG score all churofied from the movie themes..So true Gulaal was the only show which had a flagship BG score ORIGINAL and soulful!! And LOL they think that FOCUSSING cameras on SIX PACK and BARE BACKS and sexy choli and kamar of Kumud is what is called cinematic feel...*HEADDESK...hmmm sad state of affairs...IF ONLY SP HAD EVER TRIED TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THE WAY IT PROMOTES THOSE CRAP ACHAR PAPADA VADI SHOWS😭 SIGH ..Its almost 1 and a half yr still  I watch the scenes and feel the magic

Piu Mhaari🤗😆  Long time indeed! Kahaan ho aajkal doctorni saahiba? Sad naa that we never manage to connect in any other forum? lol

Baat toh ekdum sahi hai...hype is everything aajkal...SLB ke naam pe show hype kar rahe hain but SLB himself seems to just have done timepass in putting this together and moved on to directing his movies...

What's sad is like you said...they are too busy focusing on bra size ki cholis and sexy kamarbandhs of Kumud rather than any actual CHARACTER...btw even the choli sleeves designs are copied from Gulaal😆...I do understand ki Gujarat ki bg hai toh fabrics/embroideries will be similar but seriously even with the standard 10 outfit wardrobe that Gulaal ended up having post her marriage, EACH piece of costume was so EXQUISITE...while Kumud is just all artificial chiffon froth...maybe that's just it...the actress and the costumes both are just FROTH...where is the DEPTH? In Gulaal's case, Manasi brought it with her amazing acting and screen presence...those EYES especially...and Kumud's tears, motivations fail to move me...Jenny is so amazingly ill-suited to this role...what was the criteria really for selection? They needed a VERY compelling face and actress for this role...which she is just not...she comes across as rather DULL faced sadly. ...

Also like you and Neill were discussing...they seem to have messed up in trying to "modernify" Gujarat...umm seriously a girl in such tiny see through ghaagra cholis is being passed off as some kind of "progressive" in the middle of a rural area? It's so NOT believable...yeh toh wohi baat ho gayi...na ghar ka,na ghaat ka...if they were taking a classic piece of literature, they should have tried to be true to it's soul rather than trying to fit it into time periods like this and just not being convincing.

Btw I'm sorry I'm not able to join in on the old epi discussions more often...I do try and read up sometimes and it's always glad to read you guys reminiscing...

Arey one and a half years kya yaar...I'm willing to bet 10, 20 years on from now also this show will be just as fresh in our minds...I doubt anything will come close again in terms of COMPLETE class.
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
one thing i always fail to understand about indian shows is that  why cant they keep it all subtle...
why does wind blows when leads meet ...i really dont like it

i watch many pak shows..they all look so real...no wind blowing ...no spl back ground music when leads have eye contact..even all other asian shows are like that...
but indian shows have become  filmy off late..it detaches from reality...

all that mahi ve,rabba ve...god only knows what all "ve"  they croon at background ..just coz they r in same frame.

not only that as u all mentioned...focus has shifted to six packs and backless choli...🥱🥱🥱..

just aping movies..thats it..no orginality nothing

i will keep watching on gulaal i think..😕

Transference thumbnail
Originally posted by: nneeiill

one thing i always fail to understand about indian shows is that  why cant they keep it all subtle...

why does wind blows when leads meet ...i really dont like it
Lol WIND BLOWS = TRP'S AND FANGULRZ SWOON🤢

i watch many pak shows..they all look so real...no wind blowing ...no spl back ground music when leads have eye contact..even all other asian shows are like that...
but indian shows have become  filmy off late..it detaches from reality...
Exactly the complete detachment from reality in today's shows is what really bothers me...ARTIFICIAL MAKE-UP,ARTIFICIAL SAREES ,OTT MELODRAMA..All that makes us loose interest...show concepts have become monotonous ...There has been a shocking trend of regression in today's indian shows and WORD about thai and korean drams..They are so intense yet so subtle..In  fact focus is on emotions

all that mahi ve,rabba ve...god only knows what all "ve"  they croon at background ..just coz they r in same frame.

not only that as u all mentioned...focus has shifted to six packs and backless choli...🥱🥱🥱..

just aping movies..thats it..no orginality nothing

i will keep watching on gulaal i think..😕

Seriously Neilu..the focus on six packs and bare baks make me yawn 🥱🥱🥱 Really the leads in India belong to two genres ..
FEMALES-
  •   1.BUBBLY SILLY,GIGGLING
  • WHIMPERING SOUR FACED MAHAAN ATMAS

males

• ALPHA MALES WHO LOOK LIKE MEAT BAGS WITH ONLY A BROODING FACE IN THE NAME OF EXPRESSIONS
  • MUMMA'S BOYS WHO DO NOTHING BUT SERVE AS A MERE PROP IN A MAHAAN SAAS BAHU SAGA

So in short creativity ,human emotions,their exploration and the kind of intensity needed to keep u glued is actually lacking..Some of the to grossers and TRP generators feed on regression..WHAT A DARK AGE SIGH BIG SIGH

AreYaar thumbnail
The problem is lack of good content, pure and simple...the rest is generally embellishment...I don't think all Pakistani shows are mindblowingly original either...atleast not in terms of storyline...and some of them I find too slow *shrugs*

Gulaal shows that it's not impossible to put forth good content if the team is dedicated enough...but most ppl don't put in the effort or don't have the vision to get casting and other nuanced details right.

In Gulaal, literally every actor cast was Gujarati so that added to the authentic flavor of the area with the way they all spoke...apart from that the directors and actors genuinely worked hard on getting their body language right.

But most other shows are too busy with the look look hawaa hawaa routine to bother.
Transference thumbnail
[QUOTE=AreYaar]

Piu Mhaari🤗😆  Long time indeed! Kahaan ho aajkal doctorni saahiba? Sad naa that we never manage to connect in any other forum? lol
 Hahaha Anu sachi...🤗🤗 LONG LONG TIME INDEED!! I barely step out of Gulaal forum and Ramayana which I watch every Sunday bas...Seriously having tried anything and everything on TV..I feel that there is absolutely nothing to watch anymore So I actually never feel the urge to discuss anything But I am a dedicated stalker of ur gallery though😛

Baat toh ekdum sahi hai...hype is everything aajkal...SLB ke naam pe show hype kar rahe hain but SLB himself seems to just have done timepass in putting this together and moved on to directing his movies...
Guess what he is not even directing it..Arvind babbal a set up director is doing it...😆😆😆 BUT ITNA HYPE EVERYONE IS LIKE DOING SHASHTANG PRANAM OF THE SHOW 😆😆HOW LAME!!

What's sad is like you said...they are too busy focusing on bra size ki cholis and sexy kamarbandhs of Kumud rather than any actual CHARACTER...btw even the choli sleeves designs are copied from Gulaal😆...I do understand ki Gujarat ki bg hai toh fabrics/embroideries will be similar but seriously even with the standard 10 outfit wardrobe that Gulaal ended up having post her marriage, EACH piece of costume was so EXQUISITE...while Kumud is just all artificial chiffon froth...maybe that's just it...the actress and the costumes both are just FROTH...where is the DEPTH? In Gulaal's case, Manasi brought it with her amazing acting and screen presence...those EYES especially...and Kumud's tears, motivations fail to move me...Jenny is so amazingly ill-suited to this role...what was the criteria really for selection? They needed a VERY compelling face and actress for this role...which she is just not...she comes across as rather DULL faced sadly. ...
Anu there is this strange obsession of SLB with beauty and frailty..if u look back to his works barring khamoshi he has taken the most beautiful faces to work upon...he loves uber beautiful faces ...Jenny belongs to that class😆😆😆 And BINGO about bra sized cholis..Like really which village or town or whatever lala land ratnagiri belongs to  where in India do we have graduate gals going on cycles wearing those ghagras😆😆😆and yes the cholis etc look absolutely copied..SIGH WE ONLY GOT A LIMITED WARDROBE IN GULAAL
Anu if we look up at the original novel..Kumud as a character is highly layered but sadly here they made Kumud a mere shadow of nandini and lol the stress is so much on her kamar and her accessories😆
If u get time maybe check out the movie and compare the earthly splendour of Nutan with Jenny's dull face..WHAT AN EPIC FAIL

Also like you and Neill were discussing...they seem to have messed up in trying to "modernify" Gujarat...umm seriously a girl in such tiny see through ghaagra cholis is being passed off as some kind of "progressive" in the middle of a rural area? It's so NOT believable...yeh toh wohi baat ho gayi...na ghar ka,na ghaat ka...if they were taking a classic piece of literature, they should have tried to be true to it's soul rather than trying to fit it into time periods like this and just not being convincing.

Messing up is making it more confusing...In this context I would like to make a special mention of Anurag Kashyap Devdas adaptation...That's prolly a modernised adaptation which I liked coz they stuck to the storyline but gave it a whole new period feel and changed the ending..It was relatable as a 21st century tale.That is exactly how a story is modernised...You have to either modernise it completely or stick to the history...The mix of SWC is actually killing the feel ..
@ BOLD😆😆😆😆LOL TRUE TRUE

Btw I'm sorry I'm not able to join in on the old epi discussions more often...I do try and read up sometimes and it's always glad to read you guys reminiscing...

Arey one and a half years kya yaar...I'm willing to bet 10, 20 years on from now also this show will be just as fresh in our minds...I doubt anything will come close again in terms of COMPLETE class.
[/QUOTE]A ww its ok yaar!! Do chip in whenever you have time..We still drop by and relive the wonderful memories of a class apart show..And sadly will never get over Gulaal...I am so dying to watch some quality work on TV SIGH *Wonders whether my dream will ever come true...*
BTW your dabba looks gorgeous...Haila never thought the Manav of  Kekta show will be such a powerhouse performer in kai po che...Totaally loved the movie and the actors...

Incense thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
good to see old gang 🤗 and cant we get another masterpiece 😭cant we get another classic show from this PH...😭 tell me where should i spamm😭