Gulaal - Back to Back - Episode Discussion Thread - Page 30

Posted: 11 years ago
Seriously m so not able to come over Gulaal I mean when i gave a shot to SLB Sarswati chandra I was expecting opulence and some AMAZING camera work lol but did u all see Gulaal's cinematography if we compare I find SC only average.Jenny as a fiery Kumud not suited at all and Rhode I find him a meat bag nothing more..Story ka treatment is to give a contemporary field but the modernisation of a novel of  ages ago is choppy ...They should have rather made it a historical tale itself...The same confusion with Sanwariya bombed it miserably despite a decent storyline and some amazing camera work...
So for me SC is a big let down from a bollywood biggie...I would rather say kudos to other directors like Anurag kashyap and tigmanshu dhulia who used to diect TV shows in early ages...like rishtey etc...So a mighty BOMB became a phus patakha..Special mention to Kumud's watch..Even in villages in India ppl do not wear those ancient watches😕but anyways with nothing to watch SC still fits in better😳
Originally posted by manzilmukul

Seriously m so not able to come over Gulaal I mean when i gave a shot to SLB Sarswati chandra I was expecting opulence and some AMAZING camera work lol but did u all see Gulaal's cinematography if we compare I find SC only average.Jenny as a fiery Kumud not suited at all and Rhode I find him a meat bag nothing more..Story ka treatment is to give a contemporary field but the modernisation of a novel of  ages ago is choppy ...They should have rather made it a historical tale itself...The same confusion with Sanwariya bombed it miserably despite a decent storyline and some amazing camera work...
So for me SC is a big let down from a bollywood biggie...I would rather say kudos to other directors like Anurag kashyap and tigmanshu dhulia who used to diect TV shows in early ages...like rishtey etc...So a mighty BOMB became a phus patakha..Special mention to Kumud's watch..Even in villages in India ppl do not wear those ancient watches😕but anyways with nothing to watch SC still fits in better😳

haa piu..all r saying waah waah for cinematography..guess they never watched Gulaal..in front of  gulaals's DOP..this is nothing...and seriously the execution is horrible..they r  mixed up in past n present lifestyle LOL..just imagine a gal who is daily going to school for work wears gagra choli..how convenient..😕..we cant relate to the costume n their lifetsyle..pata nah it s like a jumbled thing..moreover SLB is for name sake..set up director is someone else..but i am watching it ignoring all these things..coz i cant bear other dramas on air right now..this is bearable..donno for how long though
Originally posted by arti07

u too 😲i know why😆 ...hopeless😭

shhh 😆

seriously  there is no depth in the character...no comments on dialogue and cinematography 😕 gulaal was effortlessly excellent😳 here the things looks stale 
SC se  bhi maha pathetic hai  the other shows... dil ki nazar se khoobsurat...oh my what crap it is...dumbest show 
Originally posted by nneeiill

SC se  bhi maha pathetic hai  the other shows... dil ki nazar se khoobsurat...oh my what crap it is...dumbest show 

haan and even neil cant change our prespective.🤔 hey prabhu i cant belive for this particular show i did  PHD on beauty and the beast.😕...i read three novels 🤔watched two english drama 🤔and wht did i got a dumb beauty and a shy beast 😭... btw hum peetenge😆 other members love these things 😆so mein chup rahungi 😆
Agreed Arti and Neilu...JUST SLB  name is creating all that hype..AM I BIASED Hell no!! coz exactly SLB is not even directing it!! THE DIRECTOR IS ARVIND BABBAL ..who is a set up director...lol 😆😆😆😆 YAWNS !!
OH BTW today was morning pati patni scene 😳Kesu givewn chai by wifey dearest who says now she can comfortably fall ill coz he dies sewa MAN SE😆😆😆😆 Gullu you betcha u never know this fact that bacha is fully devoted with his tan ,man dhan😆😆😆😆
OH BTW what was with Talli and her bechargi and SUDHI AND GULAAL AS PROTECTORS..like seriously😕 tom the EPIC HEADESK MOMENT WILL COME..Kesu will hold talli's hands and walk inside challenging Jamuna kaki

EPIC HEADESK MOMENT WILL COME..Kesu will hold talli's hands and walk inside challenging Jamuna kaki
Pleajjh😭 dnt remind me of that... when Gulaal was on air, I wasn't sure if the CVs had the guts to show GK as a pair😭 so, I was every time scared that Kesar wud marry Talli to protect her honor or to save her from JK's bitterness😭.

GK scene was divine especially Gullu doing the parikrama and Kesar watching her with the beautiful bg😳. Kesar seemed to be genuinely happy after such a long time, actually the first tym ever since he came back😊

And Kudos to the Cvs who did a similar scene of Gulaal waking up and not finding Kesar in her room in the last epi👏

How I wish the PH wud hav been given sufficient time to sketch out the GK story or atleast Gulaal's realization

All said and done, Hats off to the team of Gulaal in sticking to their theme and story rather than falling prey to the TRP game and ruin it for its ardent fans👏. This the respect the Gulaal team has earned and I proudly say that I find no one around me who disliked the concept or the serial.⭐️
Originally posted by prachurya

Pleajjh😭 dnt remind me of that... when Gulaal was on air, I wasn't sure if the CVs had the guts to show GK as a pair😭 so, I was every time scared that Kesar wud marry Talli to protect her honor or to save her from JK's bitterness😭.
Ahh SO AGREED!! Prachu I still wonder why we never got any promos with GK as a couple!! All was Talli and nothing else..CV's actually grew a cold feet when it came to glorifying GK😕

GK scene was divine especially Gullu doing the parikrama and Kesar watching her with the beautiful bg😳. Kesar seemed to be genuinely happy after such a long time, actually the first tym ever since he came back😊

And Kudos to the Cvs who did a similar scene of Gulaal waking up and not finding Kesar in her room in the last epi👏

How I wish the PH wud hav been given sufficient time to sketch out the GK story or atleast Gulaal's realization

All said and done, Hats off to the team of Gulaal in sticking to their theme and story rather than falling prey to the TRP game and ruin it for its ardent fans👏. This the respect the Gulaal team has earned and I proudly say that I find no one around me who disliked the concept or the serial.⭐️

YA Prachu Literally HATS OFF!! I am still in so much awe of the show!! Today's episode was so beautiful barring the Talli torture 🤢

Ahhh I completely agree! I tuned in to SWC just cuz I thought atleast the cinematography and the direction might be good but WOW was I DISAPPOINTED...it can't even hold a candle to Gulaal's cinematic scale and just GORGEOUS GORGEOUS cinematography...and above all, the ACTING *sigh*...JW is such epic fail as Kumud...I watch one scene of Gulaal even today and I'm so mesmerized by the fire in Gulaal's eyes and how WONDERFULLY Manasi portrayed her...Gulaal the enchantress that EVERYONE wanted...Kumud makes big claims about her beauty but she is a pale imitation even of the Nandinis and Paros of SLB from whom she's inspired...what a SUPER BLAHH show...

It bothers me that SP never had the guts to realize the gem it had in Gulaal...SWC is running on SLB's name but frankly it doesn't live up to the quality of SLB's work either...they've erected grand sets but there is no class in the LIGHTING of those sets...and it is Gulaal that taught me how BEAUTIFULLY a scene can be lit that it can become a part of the CHARACTER in that moment...the way Gulaal was shot, Kesar's angst was portrayed...the dark, the light, it was all magic...and the bg music *sigh* To this day there is hardly a parallel on TV...it tugs at my heart even now when I watch old scenes.