India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

Disgusted!! (Page 3)

-Liebe- IF-Sizzlerz
-Liebe-
-Liebe-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
@ayesha ji u r correct.sj is my fav reality it also nt showing an epi of terrorism.if it does it could  bring changes in india.bu t it fails.hope it wil show it in sj 2.

priya713 IF-Rockerz
priya713
priya713

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
I agree with UMDU: "This track has been introduced to take forward Sandhya's dreams to become an IPS officer and the realization of the Rathi family to allow her to pursue it." I do believe this is why this track even came about.

Furthermore, the discussion of terrorism is prevalent in the world today and should be brought in the forefront. Rajkumar came to Pushkar and looked so sweet and innocent and we were all ready for the Chaturi/Rajkumar track to begin but the CVs made us remember that bad people can come in any shape or form. He/she can be your next door neighbor (literally Smile)

I do wish we could have continued with the SurYa track since we were sooo close but the wait makes it that more exciting ;) Besides, once the SurYa track completely comes into fruition, the CVs are going to worry about keeping viewer attention so its natural that they try to stretch it as much as possible. 

Edited by priya713 - 07 September 2012 at 1:19pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011A-A-S

ElishaAmir Newbie
ElishaAmir
ElishaAmir

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
i completely agree with Neelamra, the stereotyping will never end... i am seriously sick and tired of all these terrorist stories. the movies were enough but now the shows have started doing the same. as for sandy's becoming IPS tht this a track leading to tht they could have made any other track why the terrorist track.
Fatima_Q IF-Sizzlerz
Fatima_Q
Fatima_Q

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
I'm a muslim...and proud of it...but I have no problem with the current DABH track...In fact I'm so happy to see that DABH a show that I've been watching since day 1 and loving...has tackled this issue.

The issue of terrorism is a very real one...not talking about it or being complacent about it is not going to make it go away.

Yes all muslims are not terrorist and all terrorists are not muslims...I hate the fact that there are those who claim to be of my religion and commit terrorst acts...they have actually hijacked Islam and go against it's very principles...Angry

But personally I feel your digust is misplaced...

DABH is only highlighting this issue because it exists...and it is a unique show in that it has always shown the central character Sandhya to be proactive in all aspects of her life...so why not in this issue?  In fact it makes sense...she wants to be an IPS officer...this track is the perfect lead up to the revelation of her dream. 

RK has not been revealed to be a muslim...but even if he is...he is just a character...it's not DABH's fault, but rather the fault of terrorists that sterotyping of muslims occur...and as a result the muslims of the world need to step up and root out this evil.  Like I said before...Not talking about this issue and pretending like it doesn't exist in our communities will not make it go away.

Rather...If all citizens of a country regardless of race, religion, or socio-economic backgrounds were like Sandhya...all countries of the world would be a safe haven for its citizens and future generations...rather than terrorsits.

And then yes...one day...this is an issue that we would not need to address.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

LovePrajaShahSantosh143b2011A-A-SJuhiRhamzanuha-Ayeshi-UMDUfarhana874.Ami.BrahmaputraChannaMereyasitakshii

A-A-S Goldie
A-A-S
A-A-S

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:56am | IP Logged
Neelamra and everyone else, thanks for sharing your opinions.

I tend to agree with most of the other posters in this thread - I don't have a problem with the current Rajkumar-is-a-terrorist track. I think that having a track such as this in DABH is helping to increase awareness of this sensitive issue.

Terrorism is an unfortunate reality, but I feel that DABH has handled it quite well and sensitively so far. They have shown (truthfully) that anyone could be a terrorist, no matter how nice-looking or hard-working some one is or how trustworthy they seem, or what connections (to other people) they claim to have. I think DABH has highlighted the fact that we all need to be careful and be aware of things that are happening around us, particularly anything that seems suspicious or way too good to be true.

They haven't brought religion into the actual terrorism part at all, apart from Hinduism seemingly being the religion practised by the majority of the characters in the area where the story is set and so having a Hindu temple being the terrorist bomb target because they know a large crowd will be formed there for festivities soon. And seemingly, Rajkumar/Anuraag Joshi is in the guise of a Hindu (going to the temple and carrying out rituals etc and making his presence in the local community felt in this way) and they haven't given him any Muslim-sounding names/aliases (I hope that statement is not offensive to anyone), so they definitely haven't hinted at the terrorists being Muslim. In reality it is a very unfortunate stereotype that "most terrorists are Muslim" and that "terrorism is always motivated by religion", pervaded by a lot of terrorists using Islam/religion as a mask/excuse for their evil actions, when religion in general teaches peace and not the mass killing of innocents. There must be people of different religions working in DABH (eg. Anas is Muslim, Deepika is Sikh [I think], someone else must be Hindu etc etc) so I really don't think that they would be comfortable in playing up to "religious terrorist" stereotypes much, and so I'm glad that they haven't really done it.

Bringing terrorism into the show might seem quite an extreme thing to do, and an extreme way to get Sandhya's IPS dream out in the open when it could have happened in several different ways, but I am actually glad that they chose to go with the terrorism storyline (even though terrorism itself is horrible!). The reason I am glad they brought the terrorism angle back into the story is because they actually (sort of) started off DABH with it - Sandhya's parents died in a terrorist bomb blast. If they had died in some other way, like a really big traffic accident that had also affected lots of other people, then bringing in the terrorist angle now would not really have been necessary. BUT, they did start off with Sandhya's parents dying in a terrorist attack, which also affected the whole city, so I think going back to having a terrorism storyline now is not a bad thing. DABH is famous for closing off story loops, and this is one way for them to do this. They can bring some closure to Sandhya (and maybe even Ankur and Ankita, if they move back to Pushkar soon) if another terrorist bomb blast is foiled, and by being able to help out in doing this, it may help to get Sandhya's IPS dream out in the open but it will also help to honour her parents memory. That is why I feel that having a terrorism storyline is actually necessary at this stage - because they actually started it a long time ago and now need to finish it off properly.

DABH have handled this sensitive issue very well so far and I hope they will continue to do so. Good on them for using their wide-reach to educate the masses about this issue. Clap

Edited by A-A-S - 08 September 2012 at 10:59am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

preeti73JuhiRfarhana874-Ayeshi-Fatima_QBrahmaputra

luckyp Goldie
luckyp
luckyp

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
I have a strong feeling , that Sandhya who alrady is suspicious of RK , is going to unearth the entire conspirecy , just within the nick of time and win laurels for herself and her family ..

Thus laying a ground for her own dreams of becoming an IPS officer ..
Moreover , terror and terrorism have no face , religion , morals and country ..
It's universal ..

Edited by luckyp - 09 September 2012 at 1:57am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

JuhiRfarhana874Fatima_Q

JuhiR Goldie
JuhiR
JuhiR

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by neelamra

Thankyou for Everybody's opnion. I really appreciate it. I just hope i dont get dishearted  like the movies it all goes one way! I really hope like people have said this is all about Sanya becomming an Officer and not what i think. I agree that terrorists have no religion,and come in all cultures with there own reasons, this is why such a delicate matter like this hurts when its pin pointed to one religion like we see time and time again. I also agree that DBH is the best serial at the moment which i also stated origanally and it has come up with amazing social issues. Hence why i have never miss the show. However a track like this always gets on the wrong side of me.Lets see what happens? im glad i shared my views and got good feedback. Thanks

Hi Neela,

No worries! I think CVs know how to handle this without hurting people's sentiments or feelings.  So far they have delivered and they know their show is not only for Indians, it is for many more nations, who love it.  They have huge audiences in all south eastern, middle eastern and western countries.  It is a much loved show, and I am sure they will keep that in mind.

The essence of the show is the bravery and courage of a girl from middle class family who dreams to be an honest police officer.  They have moved from one track to another to show her courage and strength, and now they are slowly delving into serious plots.  It is essential for the story.  To be an IPS officer, or the TOP COP, as they say in the west, she really has to be undaunted in the face of danger.  So be optimistic and don't feel depressed.  It is an interesting storyline, and I am sure CVs will do justice to the story...the story of Diya and Baati.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

luckyp

luckyp Goldie
luckyp
luckyp

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JuhiRockz

Originally posted by neelamra

Thankyou for Everybody's opnion. I really appreciate it. I just hope i dont get dishearted  like the movies it all goes one way! I really hope like people have said this is all about Sanya becomming an Officer and not what i think. I agree that terrorists have no religion,and come in all cultures with there own reasons, this is why such a delicate matter like this hurts when its pin pointed to one religion like we see time and time again. I also agree that DBH is the best serial at the moment which i also stated origanally and it has come up with amazing social issues. Hence why i have never miss the show. However a track like this always gets on the wrong side of me.Lets see what happens? im glad i shared my views and got good feedback. Thanks

Hi Neela,

No worries! I think CVs know how to handle this without hurting people's sentiments or feelings.  So far they have delivered and they know their show is not only for Indians, it is for many more nations, who love it.  They have huge audiences in all south eastern, middle eastern and western countries.  It is a much loved show, and I am sure they will keep that in mind.

The essence of the show is the bravery and courage of a girl from middle class family who dreams to be an honest police officer.  They have moved from one track to another to show her courage and strength, and now they are slowly delving into serious plots.  It is essential for the story.  To be an IPS officer, or the TOP COP, as they say in the west, she really has to be undaunted in the face of danger.  So be optimistic and don't feel depressed.  It is an interesting storyline, and I am sure CVs will do justice to the story...the story of Diya and Baati.

Superb analysis , earlier I felt very dejected when Bhabho and others were mean to Sandy and she just took it lying down , but even then I admired her strength and total dedication , It takes a lot of courage than to retaliate ..
And I feel the track has a much deeper meaning than to show any caste , creed community or religion in a bad light , it's not the intention ..

Edited by luckyp - 09 September 2012 at 2:07am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JuhiR

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index