Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:The silver lining... (Page 37)

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Anu ji.. Koi poochta nehi, really??

Great Maha shukrovar ode. So what SP is not promoting.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IFoverratedmaaloo

Moon_light Senior Member
Moon_light
Moon_light

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by joenet1234

A stinker of a day in AD and a rather downer (but not bad) episode to magnify the woes. I guess the episode was a winner for those who needed things to be spelled out for them. I highly doubt that anyone was in the dark regarding Dadi's sentiments towards Khushi, everyone knew! but I guess some people like to hear it from the horse's mouth, which begs the question why the torture and subtle hints in earlier episodes? Looks like with the new story writer, many things have been hitting a reset button. Repetition seems like the norm these days. If a daily soap reaches a saturation point after 400 episodes, than repeating the same scenario with our without words doesn't help the story or the episode count, does it?

I read the interview of the "new guy" on the story block and there was a blurb about "relating the story to real life events because I have seen good marriages and bad marriages" good aur bad to baad ki baat hai, pehlay marriage to honay dau!!!

Throughout the episode only two things were running through my head:
1. A simple girl who has given everything to this family, her time, her honor and her life, a simple girl who has proven time and time again her loyalty and love to these people, yet she is unable to receive the respect, love and care that she deserves, that she has rightfully earned. When an outsider, a misinformed, jaded, stubborn and misunderstood person marauds this simple girl, everyone just stands there like a statue. They don't see, hear or say anything. Is she not human? If there is no "proof" against the ritually wedded damad ji, there is no proof against the legally wedded bahu either. So why such cruelty, insensitivity and unfairness towards her? I ask you Mr. Story Writer, where is the reality in this? I don't know what planet you are on, but what is the point? Even if disgusting actions like this happen in real world, is it absolutely necessary that one must glorify such things in fiction? Isn't reality filled with feel-good things, so why pick up on the pain, angst, inappropriateness and the wrongs? Why must you focus on keeping the glass half empty with negativity when it can be filled with positivity?

2. I think the show's tag line was supposed to be 'nafrat pass aanay na day' only. The whole adage of 'mohabbat dur jaanay na day' was a Freudian slip which was never corrected due to laziness. For a show that heavily focuses on faith, beliefs and divine presence, IPK is surprisingly scared enough to practice what it preaches. For all the faith in DM that everything will be alright, things tend to just get worse and go down the rabbit hole. Contradiction much? The positive, the upright power, the protective hand of DM is on everyone but yet no one can catch a break except for the bad guy. Doesn't that go against the very core of the belief? I get the whole 'us kay wahan dair hai andher nahi' - but on the show, the more 'dair' it gets the more 'andher' it gets as well. Time does not seem to be healing anything. Two people who struggled with their demons for ages, finally came to their senses to find refuge in each other for better or for worse, but still can't be together. What is the better in this? Why must two people fight so much against the tide that just watching them hurt becomes exhausting? Why must they be stuck in the labyrinth of circumstances that they can't find a way out? Why are they always "aasman say gira khajoor main aatka"? They haven't even gotten out of one shit storm yet and there is another one itching to make its way in. Is DM really that cruel? Where is the faith? Where is the protective hand? Haven't they suffered enough? I ask you again Mr. Story Writer, where is the reality in this? I don't know what planet you are on, but what is the point? I refuse to believe that some people on this earth are only supposed to live in pain and sorrow. The divine cannot be that cruel, we the mortals however, are completely different story. Even in reality people tend to stick together through thick and thin, especially people who have made a vow to be supportive of one another and if things are not meant to be, people move on. So whatever planet you are on, get back down to earth please and get these two under the same roof. Bas. I don't care pheras or no pheras, grand wedding or not, just keep them together. Use reality here and give the characters and us a break. I can't take this crap anymore. All I want is to smile at the end of the episode and not have a splitting headache like I have one today. These days episodes start with a frown which turns into a face-palm or a head-desk and ends with either a satyanaash or a confused look! Love is supposed to be a beautiful feeling, even when it comes with its share of turmoils and turbulence, you march on knowing that you are not alone, someone is there for you to literally hold your hand and pull you out. We are no longer living in the times of Heer Ranjha, Romeo Juliet, Sohni Mahiwal etc, if one must take something from those stories, than take the intensity of love and not the tragedy. Put a smile on my face and I will forever be grateful.

Last but not the least, both leads were fantastic today. Both of the scenes were beautifully done and the sad rabba vey kicked it up a notch. They got the point across, sadly the point was of anguish, longing and pain with another satyanaash lurking in the background.

"Mat jao" - Are you kidding me????? that is SRK speak. ASR would say "Khushi - please don't go!".
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Gul! tum nahi samjho gi!!! Angry

Since I am missing Vee's awesome songs, my pick of the night!

Joey,

Thank God for post, there is enlightenment each time i read it. Now, if only the production house or the CV's would read it as well, we'd be saved i think.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

IFoverratedjoenet1234zainah09showstruck

sugar_babe IF-Rockerz
sugar_babe
sugar_babe

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
I'm debating if I should attempt to watch the episode live in the morning.. They do turn out better for me when I watch them live... 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

maalooshowstruck

zainah09 IF-Dazzler
zainah09
zainah09

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AM2011

Humko aapne karaya hain feel itna especial
Ki hum bayaan nahin kar sakte apna haaale dil
Yahin keh sakte hain ki aapki tareefon ke ho gaye kayal
IF join karke shaayri ka fittor kar liya haasil

Wah Clap

Anu I wanted to also thank you for introducing me to Barfi songs...I love them!  Hug

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

IFoverratedmaalooshowstruck

maaloo IF-Dazzler
maaloo
maaloo

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sugar_babe

I'm debating if I should attempt to watch the episode live in the morning.. They do turn out better for me when I watch them live... 

Then may be u should.. May be your luck would work for us too.. and we get a Arhilicious episode tomorrow.. Day Dreaming

Why do i even let myself believe that? smile emoticon kolobok

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

IFoverratedzainah09showstruck

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:27pm | IP Logged

If that's the trend for you then do it. But, think if it is worth waking up early. I am guessing you don't have classes on friday
zainah09 IF-Dazzler
zainah09
zainah09

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:28pm | IP Logged

If you are up you should...
IFoverrated Goldie
IFoverrated
IFoverrated

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by showstruck

Anu ji.. Koi poochta nehi, really??

Great Maha shukrovar ode. So what SP is not promoting.

Ishrat jee

Hug
Aapne kabse humein Anu jee kehke bulana shuru kar diya.Cry

Hum aapke hum liye sirf Anu hain

Go to top